20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 89.
#2601 7 years ago

There are also guys in Portugal doing them . Have been for years. Any new cabs came from them. Well I assume until now

#2602 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

I found some clear adhesive backed ink jet film and some plexi. It's poor mans version. Let me know if you didn't find one.

Any luck wth that ink jet film?

#2603 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Any luck wth that ink jet film?

Playing the Flip Out this weekend. Will try this and show some pics when I get back.

#2604 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

I hope the Color is better then representated in that image. Thanks for the link gives people an option who are desperate.

Color looks correct compared to a couple of HUO cabs I've seen. It is only a screen shot though, I've had decals from them before and quality was always top notch!

#2605 7 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

Color looks correct compared to a couple of HUO cabs I've seen. It is only a screen shot though, I've had decals from them before and quality was always top notch!

Then that's a win. Some of the repro's I have seen have a red hue to them that would drive me batty but as someone who is deciding between repros and the Alts I posted on my JFAJ thread I appreciate this info!

#2606 7 years ago

Thanks PeteB for the link. Just ordered my new JM cab decal set from them

#2607 7 years ago

Hey guys,

Just got my JM yesterday. Having a weird issue. Whenever I get 2 balls in the matrix and then drain, the game doesn't realize a drain has taken place and does not eject another ball. So the game is just "frozen" It seems to happen every time I exit the "Video Mode" (but just not the video mode....it occurs at other times as well). Anyone else experience something like this? Any advice/input is appreciated.

Cheers,
Craig

#2608 7 years ago

Could be a faulty trough opto. Check if all those trigger correctly when you let a ball run into an empty trough

#2609 7 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Could be a faulty trough opto. Check if all those trigger correctly when you let a ball run into an empty trough

I successfully ran individual switch tests for all four balls in the trough. Is that what you are referring to? Thanks for the reply.

#2610 7 years ago

How are the balls in the trough? Sometimes the trough can get groves in them that stop the ball from rolling down all the way to activate the first switch. When a ball is returned it'll knock the ball in the trough down to the first switch.

#2611 7 years ago

Gagging for a plastic set for this game.

#2612 7 years ago

bump cause JM is awesome

#2613 7 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Gagging for a plastic set for this game.

Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

bump cause JM is awesome

#2614 7 years ago

Still looking for sector 7 plastic

#2615 7 years ago

Even my cat likes JM

IMG_20161008_134934 (resized).jpgIMG_20161008_134934 (resized).jpg

#2616 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Then that's a win. Some of the repro's I have seen have a red hue to them that would drive me batty but as someone who is deciding between repros and the Alts I posted on my JFAJ thread I appreciate this info!

Check it out! These are the ones from Retro Refurbs:

30151682775_bc22aa6285_k (resized).jpg30151682775_bc22aa6285_k (resized).jpg
29523204574_63538ac40a_k (resized).jpg29523204574_63538ac40a_k (resized).jpg

#2617 7 years ago
Quoted from Dansur:

Looks to be missing
"Meet the ultimate hard drive"
On cab front decal

#2618 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Hey guys,
Just got my JM yesterday. Having a weird issue. Whenever I get 2 balls in the matrix and then drain, the game doesn't realize a drain has taken place and does not eject another ball. So the game is just "frozen" It seems to happen every time I exit the "Video Mode" (but just not the video mode....it occurs at other times as well). Anyone else experience something like this? Any advice/input is appreciated.
Cheers,
Craig

Wanted to post a quick update on this. The "Ball in Hand" switch that is located inside the motorized glove was constantly getting stuck in the "closed" position. I ordered a new switch from MAD Amusements and replaced it. The "Ball in Hand Stuck Closed" error has gone away as have all of the other issues I was experiencing with the glove and matrix. I know some of you have completely removed this switch but I wanted to try this approach first to make sure there were no issues with not having the magnet "duty cycled" when the ball is in the magnet. I was also having consistent issues with the ball not "sticking" in the glove when the VUK fired. This is no longer occur either. Anyhow, just wanted to let you guys know that replacing the glove switch worked wonders for me (so far).

#2619 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I ordered a new switch from MAD Amusements

#2620 7 years ago

Sorry, can you explain?

#2622 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing this information. Sounds like lots of issues with them...especially international. My first experience went very well and I didn't have any luck finding this part from the other companies (Marco, Pinballlife, etc.). Will use caution before using them again. Cheers, Craig

#2623 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Looks to be missing
"Meet the ultimate hard drive"
On cab front decal

#2624 7 years ago

not the hard drive your thinking! LOL

#2625 7 years ago
Quoted from Dansur:

They look great. Hard to say if the bad skin tone (to much red) are how they were originally made or if this is symptomatic of cab fade. If anyone has an original JM that has been inside for it's entire life I would love to see it. Regardless, no one will notice and your cab is gonna look great! Post photos when done!

#2626 7 years ago

S7 (resized).jpgS7 (resized).jpg
Working on this tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out.

#2627 7 years ago

Picked up a nice JM yesterday. Game was pretty dark along the back where the glove drops the ball and along the shooter lane so I lit it up. Also added some blue trough lighting. Love the game.

Before and after shots...the camera exaggerates the LEDs, it's not nearly as blinding as the pics may show.

20161015_074650 (resized).jpg20161015_074650 (resized).jpg
20161015_131349 (resized).jpg20161015_131349 (resized).jpg

#2628 7 years ago

Added a double spotlight to the right slingshot on my JM tonight. Used purple LEDs on both front and back spotlights. Really brightened up the playfield and can now play in dark (or dimly lit) conditions.

Used the kit from: http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/double-spotlight-kit-8-32

My only challenge is that the only GI on my game that stays lit all the time is the back spotlight and I couldn't figure out how to wire the new spotlights into this. So sometimes in the game the spotlights flash which is not ideal. Will fool around more with it later. Any thoughts on how to wire these new spotlights so they stay lit all the time?

IMG_3206 (resized).JPGIMG_3206 (resized).JPGIMG_3209 (resized).JPGIMG_3209 (resized).JPGIMG_3210 (resized).JPGIMG_3210 (resized).JPG

#2629 7 years ago

Though the light show you accomplished is incredible, I'm not fond of spotlights... I think they're plain ugly and don't really belong at the playfield (hence your third pic).... I removed all the spotlights from all of my games....

#2630 7 years ago

Update on Sector seven translucent plastics on the ink jet film don't look as good as I wanted. I am working with a UV printer now and should have some good results this month.

#2631 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Though the light show you accomplished is incredible, I'm not fond of spotlights... I think they're plain ugly and don't really belong at the playfield (hence your third pic).... I removed all the spotlights from all of my games....

Even when they're stock? Like the one shining on the gloves you got rid of?

#2632 7 years ago

Ordered and installed the LED strip lighting mod (lights above gloves, lights in ball trough, and lights beneath shooter lane ramp) from Lermods in addition to the new spotlights posted above. Was really happy with the way it turned out. I'm sure it will be too much for some but I enjoy lighting up games and playing in very low light. Thanks Lermods!

DSC_7946 (resized).JPGDSC_7946 (resized).JPGDSC_7961 (resized).JPGDSC_7961 (resized).JPGDSC_7952 (resized).JPGDSC_7952 (resized).JPG

#2633 7 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Even when they're stock? Like the one shining on the gloves you got rid of?

Yes, I remove them all! There's always a better/cleaner solution!

#2634 7 years ago

You are welcome! Here is before and after on my game...

Resized_IMG_20161015_160112 (resized).jpegResized_IMG_20161015_160112 (resized).jpeg

#2635 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You are welcome! Here is before and after on my game...

... or after and before?

#2636 7 years ago

IMG_20161022_215211 (resized).jpgIMG_20161022_215211 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#2638 7 years ago

Hey guys agodfrey just needs a few more to order his great looking JM speaker/DMD panels https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-list-replacement-wpc-dmd-panel

I personally feel JM has one of the cheapest looking speaker/DMD panels ever and this is a huge upgrade for this great pin.

IMG_8627 (resized).JPGIMG_8627 (resized).JPG
IMG_8628 (resized).JPGIMG_8628 (resized).JPG

#2639 7 years ago

Hi Guys. Has anyone a Ramp Decal Set for the left and the right Ramp? Thanks.

#2640 7 years ago
Quoted from sportecto1:

I've got some spares that I bought from agodfrey..... I'll PM you in a few....

#2641 7 years ago
Quoted from sportecto1:

I sent you a pm

#2642 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I sent you a pm

Double cheese, anchovies...

#2643 7 years ago

Second hand decal market....only increase in value now that I am all sold out of complete sets.

#2644 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Second hand decal market....only increase in value now that I am all sold out of complete sets.

Though I bought 2 different sets from you, I ended up using none, because the restorer did use new decals on the ramps (don't ask me where he bought them, I don't know).

#2645 7 years ago

Hopefully joining the club tomorrow! Anything specific I should look for when buying a JM? The seller said everything works great and all the pictures look good besides the usual cabinet fade.

#2646 7 years ago

Glove working and cracked ramps.

Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Hopefully joining the club tomorrow! Anything specific I should look for when buying a JM? The seller said everything works great and all the pictures look good besides the usual cabinet fade.

#2647 7 years ago

That's weird. Yeah I think you got one grey and one white....I think anyway. Fun project. Maybe someone will pick up the torch

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Though I bought 2 different sets from you, I ended up using none, because the restorer did use new decals on the ramps (don't ask me where he bought them, I don't know).

#2648 7 years ago

Hey guys, I've been putting off re-doing the cabinet art/decals on my JM for years but this winter is looking like it'll be the one that I can get it done.

Here are a couple examples of the design I'm looking for from earlier in this thread. (see pics)

I don't have the decals yet but have seen them on games and think they're a great mod. If anybody has a set they aren't gonna use, or can steer me towards a source for high quality ones, please send me a PM. Thanks.

887d75b46d13a7e3b52c2d563a49221bd5a4ee39 (resized).jpg887d75b46d13a7e3b52c2d563a49221bd5a4ee39 (resized).jpg

d04865a079012510c3a8dacf8c89cbdb159079ee (resized).jpgd04865a079012510c3a8dacf8c89cbdb159079ee (resized).jpg

#2649 7 years ago
#2650 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Working on this tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out.

so how did it turn out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 37.50
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.