20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 89.
#2551 7 years ago

My JM is too fast to look at and enjoy a topper

#2552 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Awesome i hope we get 3 more interested pinheads in al translite so he can get it made

I'm interested where is there a pic of it?

#2553 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm interested where is there a pic of it?

Here is the pic contact agodfrey he is one that well make it.

24cf6071664466078210fd974b0f40fe98885758_(resized).jpg24cf6071664466078210fd974b0f40fe98885758_(resized).jpg

#2554 7 years ago

Anyone know where I can find a left ramp plastic protector? (the one above the ramp)

Mine was not there when I got the machine a couple of months ago.

Fast balls flying off the ramp all the time without it.

I guess it is possible to find a clear plastic of some sort as a placeholder, but the real thing would be a lot better

#2555 7 years ago

Pinbits has them. Excellent service and affordable international shipping, absolutely recommended!
If you only want part of the set, drop Pam an email. Also they can cut the protectors out of colored flourescend thick acryl which gives an awesome look if lit from below.

#2556 7 years ago

My bad. I actually meant the ramp plastic. Not the protector. The whole plastic is missing. But this could be a solution, anyway?

Maybe it is possible to just put the protector on the ramp, without the plastic it is supposed to protect? Sorry if that is dumb question

Never thought about just using the protector without the original plastic before. The ramp plastic decal will of course be missing but I have yet to find any plastics for JM with decals on.

Thanks for the help, cynric

#2557 7 years ago

There are repro plastics as well as ramp decal sets. In that set is the left ramp plastic decal.

#2558 7 years ago

I haven't read through the whole JM thread, but if I understand correctly, you are selling just the decals?

If I can't find a repro plastic, would it work to just buy the plastic protector from pinbits(using it as a repro plastic) and the decals from you?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

This is the only plastic that is missing. (but I would gladly buy the whole decal set if that is the only way)

#2559 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I haven't read through the whole JM thread, but if I understand correctly, you are selling just the decals?
If I can't find a repro plastic, would it work to just buy the plastic protector from pinbits(using it as a repro plastic) and the decals from you?
This is the only plastic that is missing. (but I would gladly buy the whole decal set if that is the only way)

I can help u.

#2560 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

That's exactly what I did

#2561 7 years ago

Any help is greatly appreciated

Quoted from Jgaltr56:

That's exactly what I did

Cool. Good to know that there is a way.

#2562 7 years ago

I would be interested in the speaker plastic but the translite is too similar to bother changing.

#2563 7 years ago

I definitely want a cool blue speaker /dmd cover. PM sent the other day

#2564 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cool. Good to know that there is a way.

I'll PM u in a few.

#2565 7 years ago

Last set of ramp decals. Looking into a new source for DMD panels. Seeeems you guys want them! We'll see

#2566 7 years ago

Hi all,

Sometimes, when the ball gets kicked up into the hand to be locked into the matrix, the flasher on the backboard (right side) and the flasher on the centre ramp assembly (just in front of the matrix) stay lit. That is, they light up when the hand catches the ball, and go out when the ball is dropped into the matrix. These are flashers (906 bulbs) and aren't meant to be kept on for extended periods.

Can anyone confirm if this happens on their game as well? I cannot figure out a pattern as to why this happens during some ball locks and not others.

It doesn't seem to be a big issue as they are only on for 5 seconds or so, but it seems strange. Any input is appreciated!

#2567 7 years ago

That's normal. The flashers are not actually kept on constantly, but pulsed (the one behind the Crazy Bob's sign does so too). So they should be a little less bright then and can stand that without problems. If you use LED flashers you will probably see them flicker.

#2568 7 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

That's normal. The flashers are not actually kept on constantly, but pulsed (the one behind the Crazy Bob's sign does so too). So they should be a little less bright then and can stand that without problems. If you use LED flashers you will probably see them flicker.

I see! Thanks for the info

#2569 7 years ago

Anyone still interested in a JM plastic set? I got one full set that I would keep as a spare, but I'm thinking of trading my JM!

#2570 7 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/38250
Hey hey hey. I have 6 out of 10 people needed to run the blue DMD panel again. Any other takers? If I can find a vendor that will give me a decent price I'm hoping for them to be $35 again
1.bounoun
2.2Kaulitz
3.phillymadison
4.onemoresean
5.nightsearcher
6.Hazoff
7c8a80d2bc34308615e6ea758c070184854629ce_(resized).jpg7c8a80d2bc34308615e6ea758c070184854629ce_(resized).jpg
874cd5b1504ea962025179257f73d9a055320f2e_(resized).jpg874cd5b1504ea962025179257f73d9a055320f2e_(resized).jpg

Added over 8 years ago: Got one more.

Willathrilla

No real good news one the pricing front. Right now seems prices have gone up. But still looking.

#2571 7 years ago

If you don't have this dmd cover please look at your JM DMD/speaker panel. If you have other pins look at those panels too. I guarantee JM has the cheapest looking panel out of all of your pins. This is the ultimate fix plus all proceeds go to agodfrey's Woz fund

#2572 7 years ago

Thank you thank you..... ~takes a bow~

#2573 7 years ago

Another random JM question:

I've noticed on some games that the diverter to the pop bumpers opens as soon as you start the game. On my JM, this diverter only opens when you press the launch button. Is this just a case of different ROMs or some other issue?

#2574 7 years ago

Need two more people for translites. Anyone?

#2575 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Need two more people for translites. Anyone?

I've got a friend that might be up for one.... I'll check with him tomorrow and let u know!

#2576 7 years ago

I agree, agodfrey's dmd panels are AWESOME looking.

#2577 7 years ago

Love the translite. Very interested, what is the cost? I probably missed it in the thread.

#2578 7 years ago
Quoted from Boomer71:

Love the translite. Very interested, what is the cost? I probably missed it in the thread.

I think he was trying for 65 or something but not sure i think depends on how many want it. The more that want it the cheaper it is.

#2579 7 years ago

Translites are about 80% going to happen. Just need a final count to see the cost. Any other takers? Here were the interested people. PM me if you aren't interested and I just put you on the list in my dreams

2Kaulitz
onemoresean
freddy
Boomer71
bounoun

#2580 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Translites are about 80% going to happen. Just need a final count to see the cost. Any other takers? Here were the interested people. PM me if you aren't interested and I just put you on the list in my dreams
2Kaulitz
onemoresean
freddy
Boomer71
bounoun

how much for shipped for the traslite?
Already have your speaker panel.

#2581 7 years ago

Depends how many are on the list. Right now it's looking about $65 in the US

#2582 7 years ago

Guys, does your JM have flash lamps in the BG? Mine doesn't, but if I'm reading it right, the manual indicates that it should have 4 !?!?

#2583 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Guys, does your JM have flash lamps in the BG? Mine doesn't, but if I'm reading it right, the manual indicates that it should have 4 !?!?

No flashers in the backbox, and no flashlamp sockets, either. My guess is that they planned to include flashers during production but cut them out at a later date.

#2584 7 years ago

Ok looks like we have enough people for the translite. I'll PM everyone individually to make sure you are still a go. If you haven't PM'd me or if you have and you don't get a PM today PM me to get on the list. Or off, whatever, ha.

A.

#2585 7 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

No flashers in the backbox, and no flashlamp sockets, either. My guess is that they planned to include flashers during production but cut them out at a later date.

Thanks!

#2586 7 years ago

Order submitted. Instructions sent. And they all rejoiced! If for some reason you missed out let me know ASAP. I might be able to add you to the order.

#2587 7 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

So I figured out the issue with rewarding an extra ball. To actually collect the extra ball two switches need to get activated.
1. The left loop gate
2. Either the right loop switch or the switch behind the spinner
The gate on the left loop worked fine with no issues. Also the switch behind the spinner had no issues either. That is why I would be able to shoot the spinner and when the ball would come out the left loop that would award EB.
The main issue was the switch for the right loop. It would register when the ball would go up the right loop but it wouldn't register when the ball was coming down it. That is why I wasn't getting a switch error, it was being pressed but only 50% of the time. So I just adjusted it and tested both up and down. Of course when I fixed it when the ball comes down the ball going up stopped working but a little more adjusting and testing and both ways work now.
Hope this helps anyone that is having the same issue

I have finally been able to get back to this. The problem does indeed appear to be the right loop switch. It registers every time the ball goes up directly, but only sometimes when it comes from the left, resulting in the 'no extra ball' issue. I will be adjusting the switch and possibly the outer metal lane guide form there and report back...

#2588 7 years ago

Ok. Now that the translite is closed and ordered need 3 more to run dmd panels. Who is it going to be?

#2589 7 years ago

Welp, they are awful purty. Sign me up, sir! Gonna look rad with the pin2dmd I am slowly flopping together.

#2590 7 years ago

Looking for these two plastics thanks in advance

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2591 7 years ago

There is nothing wrong with the first plastic. The end is supposed to look like that (one at the top near hand popper). The one beside sector 7 does need to be replaced as it is missing almost half of it. Unfortunately I don't have any spares. You should send an email to these guys as they usually have some of the rare ones. They don't have any on their site, but you can always ask them and see if they have it.

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/?p=3&sSort=1&n=96

#2592 7 years ago
Quoted from Budfan:

There is nothing wrong with the first plastic. The end is supposed to look like that (one at the top near hand popper). The one beside sector 7 does need to be replaced as it is missing almost half of it. Unfortunately I don't have any spares. You should send an email to these guys as they usually have some of the rare ones. They don't have any on their site, but you can always ask them and see if they have it.
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/?p=3&sSort=1&n=96

ok thanks for the info. o i need a sector 7 plastic. any help appreciated. thanks in advance.

#2593 7 years ago

#2594 7 years ago

yeah but shipping kills it!

#2595 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

yeah but shipping kills it!

yeah, it's true...

#2596 7 years ago

Looking for a good "sector7" plastic to replace my broken one any help appreciated . Thanks in advance

#2597 7 years ago

^^^^ Ditto^^^^

1 week later
#2598 7 years ago

I found some clear adhesive backed ink jet film and some plexi. It's poor mans version. Let me know if you didn't find one.

#2599 7 years ago

Seems like there's no excuse now not to get rid of the faded yellow decals:

http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/johnny-mnemonic-pinball-cabinet-decals/

#2600 7 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

Seems like there's no excuse now not to get rid of the faded yellow decals:
http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/johnny-mnemonic-pinball-cabinet-decals/

I hope the Color is better then representated in that image. Thanks for the link gives people an option who are desperate.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
3,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 22.50
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 29.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.