20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 89.
#2151 8 years ago

Looked more at your pictures. Cant figure out why its so far over. the motor side looks good but the rod end should be over.

#2152 8 years ago

This is kind of what I was thinking but for the life of me (those 2 parts being too far apart) I have no idea how this would have physically happened simultaneously to me causing a short. Maybe I'll try to take a photo later of what the assembly looks like from the top to see if that would possibly show me what is bent or out of place.

#2153 8 years ago

Found the culprit I think. Any suggestions on how to easily (I hope) fix this? Is there a way to just remove the bracket in the one side and thread my x bolt back in or will I have to remove the whole thing and/get a new bolt and/or bracket?
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#2154 8 years ago

Just try pushing the coupling 'claws' back together. If you are lucky your bracket is just bent elastically and will go back into its original position once the tension is gone.. If not you will have to unmount it and bend it back into its original form.

My thoughts on how that happened: The rod runs at the top of the backboard just below the 'cable hole' in the cab. So maybe you grabbed the pin by the rod when moving when moving the machine, pulling it out of the coupling? The seller of my machine warned me to be careful there because fixing a bent rod is a hellufawork..

#2155 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Found the culprit I think. Any suggestions on how to easily (I hope) fix this? Is there a way to just remove the bracket in the one side and thread my x bolt back in or will I have to remove the whole thing and/get a new bolt and/or bracket?
image.jpg image.jpeg

If you want a "permanent" fix, and make sure it is done right, remove the assembly.
You will be hard pressed to "wiggle" the control screw rod into position properly on the brackets.
The rod still may be bent, because it is difficult to see.
Something either snagged or somebody grabbed the rod.
It remains the "Achilles heel" on this game, mostly because the hand gets abused.

When I got my Shadow, I made completely new rods for the mini playfield and screw tapped them, which is this case, should not be required.

#2157 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

the only place that sells replacement couplings is Australia

These are standard misalignment couplings. RS or ondrives or any robot shop should have them.
http://www.ondrives.com/spider-couplings

#2158 8 years ago

All these couplings are more than £30.......maybe I am looking in the wrong place.....

#2159 8 years ago

There should be a small hex set screw on either side that is used to adjust the position of the couplers on the rods. Use a small (I can't remember how small, but it's pretty small) allen key to loosen one of them, move the couplers back together, and tighten it back down.

#2160 8 years ago

I got that issue working (see my thread on the subject) but now both upper flipper buttons are not working in game nor are they working when i do a switch test. I've messed with the magnet on the magnetic flipper board which is installed on the right but to no effect. Any thoughts?

#2161 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I got that issue working (see my thread on the subject) but now both upper flipper buttons are not working in game nor are they working when i do a switch test. I've messed with the magnet on the magnetic flipper board which is installed on the right but to no effect. Any thoughts?

check your board connectors may be lose or need re-pin

#2162 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

All these couplings are more than £30.......maybe I am looking in the wrong place.....

I ordered these - a direct replacement for the couplings for JM.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BJ1J2Y

#2163 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I take it the image is wrong and the part actually has four teeth? It doesn't look like the correct part.

#2164 8 years ago

that will replace the rubber in-between but the actual couplings, there are two sizes you need:

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/williams-parts/johnny-mnemonic/20-10279.html

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/williams-parts/johnny-mnemonic/20-10278.html

I'd love to find a domestic source for those. I have been thinking about offering a rebuild service or the whole back area. Got to find a good source for all the parts.

Quoted from Pinterest:

amazon.com link »

#2165 8 years ago

Loose connector. Ended up with an easy fix and Johnny is back up and running perfectly.

#2166 8 years ago

Does someone have a pair of used JM gloves that would be willing to sell? If so, please, PM me.... For a reasonable price I'd like to buy them!

#2167 8 years ago

For a basis here os what they are going for at Marcos:

Right hand $28
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9425

Left hand $39
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9424

#2168 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

I take it the image is wrong and the part actually has four teeth? It doesn't look like the correct part.

yes the picture is wrong - the part is right (and cheap).

#2169 8 years ago

I think I have an extra set. I'll take a look.

#2170 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does someone have a pair of used JM gloves that would be willing to sell? If so, please, PM me.... For a reasonable price I'd like to buy them!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

1 week later
#2171 8 years ago

Just joined the JM club today...
Anyone can tell me what's the difference between 1.2 and 1.2R roms?

#2172 8 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

Just joined the JM club today...
Anyone can tell me what's the difference between 1.2 and 1.2R roms?

To my knowledge there is no such thing as a "v1.2" EPROM.
After 1995, WMS designation of U6 game roms used designation of R for regular, B for exports.
Sometimes it was not marked on the chip, but shows up on the checksum, hence some people say "v1.2".

If you want to know the full ROM history go here:

http://pinballrom.com/tech/roms/johnny.html

Keep in mind if you want to upgrade to v1.2R, you need to ensure you update ALL your sound roms, as they are not compatible from the original v1.0 code dependent on what is installed in your machine. Many machines were not updated at all, due to low production, and operator lack of interest.

#2173 8 years ago

Made it to the wizard mode last night on the Twitch stream. Such a great game!

1 week later
#2174 8 years ago

Help! I need two roll over sprigs 10-503 and Marco is out...are 10-502 the same?

Thanks

1 week later
#2175 8 years ago

Hello.
I am looking for the little "Diverter"
To the Left under the matrix.
I saw some in plastic? Please contact me if you know Where to get one.

#2176 8 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

Hello.

Mezelmods.com

#2177 8 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

Hello.

Someone did a clear plastic one. Mezels is 3D printed. Looks kinda off. You want the clear one. I may have an extra clear one or an extra metal one. I'll check.

#2178 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Mezels is 3D printed. Looks kinda off

I suppose, but it's black and I don't notice it. Does the job. A metal one would be nice, easy enough to make with some thin stainless or aluminum.

#2179 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/39#post-2635248
ordered a clear plastic one it never showed up so i made my own diverter below the matrix.

#2180 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Someone did a clear plastic one. Mezels is 3D printed. Looks kinda off. You want the clear one. I may have an extra clear one or an extra metal one. I'll check.

Hello. If you have any extra either clear or the metal one ill buy it (:

#2181 8 years ago

I'm trying to find this left ramp cover plastic or make a new one. Anyone willing to share the art?

IMG_3035.jpgIMG_3035.jpg

#2182 8 years ago

I'm digging up my file now for you

#2183 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I'm digging up my file now for you

Thanks!

#2184 8 years ago

Picked up a PSW10 when they were on sale, and finally got it hooked up. Sounds good, man!

#2185 8 years ago

Just got Johnny-! No or very little fade, clean.

Screenshot_2015-12-09-09-50-27.pngScreenshot_2015-12-09-09-50-27.png

20151210_180448.jpg20151210_180448.jpg

#2186 8 years ago

Nice red on that cabinet. I've enjoyed JM as much as any BW that I've purchased. I think it's very fun for a modest buck. That's a really satisfying combination.

#2187 8 years ago

This one the second game I owned and I loved it but sold it after a year, its coming back on Monday and I can't wait, I think a color DMD and some serious cosmetic loving and shes staying this time.

#2188 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I'm trying to find this left ramp cover plastic or make a new one. Anyone willing to share the art?

IMG_3035.jpg

I can scan it for you tomorrow

#2189 8 years ago
Quoted from Rec:

I can scan it for you tomorrow

Agodfrey has me covered so please don't go to the trouble. Thank you, much appreciated.

#2190 8 years ago

Ok!

#2191 8 years ago

Having an issue with my JM not booting. When I plug it in and start it, it seems to supply power to the GI and then restart itself. No sound codes anything else. Have pulled and verified my fuses, unseated and reseated every cable, still not having any luck.

Linked a video of the startup issue.

Thanks for any advice.

#2192 8 years ago

How is the 5v reading?

#2193 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

How is the 5v reading?

5.14V at the Test point, 5.10V on pin32 of the ROM.

TP1 was showing 14.2V, Shouldn't it be 12V?

1 week later
#2194 8 years ago

krxmasrawk_(resized).jpgkrxmasrawk_(resized).jpg

#2195 8 years ago

I´ve joined the club quite a while ago and I have to say that JM caught me by surprise and has been my favorite game ever since. There may be better machines out there but this one totally does the job for me.

#2196 8 years ago

Better the second time around, wow what a great game.

DSC02464_(resized).JPGDSC02464_(resized).JPG

DSC02471_(resized).JPGDSC02471_(resized).JPG

#2197 8 years ago

I need help.
I dont know which connector who goes to who?
Under the left ramp.
I hope you understand what i mean (:

There are 2 male and 2 female and no colors match

20151229_230807_(resized).jpg20151229_230807_(resized).jpg

#2198 8 years ago

And i also need help with the micro switch behind the "dolphin tank" i need to know whre the two cables are on the switch.
Maybe someone could take a photo?
That would be really great.

20151229_231841_(resized).jpg20151229_231841_(resized).jpg

#2199 8 years ago

Here you go

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2200 8 years ago

Jgaltr56- thank you so much.

On the last picture the 2 pin connector with on solid green and one white with gren "stripe" . What are the colors on the female connector?
Is it maybe yellow and red?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 22.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 29.00
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.