20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 89.
#2101 8 years ago

Can someone tell me what size bulb sits behind the crazy Bob's sign? Appears to be a larger bulb??

Thanks

#2102 8 years ago

Well I got the new spinner installed last night. Had a great game for a soso player this morn 8.3 billion

#2103 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Can someone tell me what size bulb sits behind the crazy Bob's sign? Appears to be a larger bulb??

Should be a 906 flasher. That one is commonly out due to fatigue on the connection from the scoop shots or because people put 555s in them. You should also check out the operator's manual.

#2104 8 years ago

Yesterday I finally received the translite, speaker panel and decals from Adam Godfrey. Let me state here that the overall quality is awesome and I'm so excited to pimp my JM with this stuff!

#2105 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Yesterday I finally received the translite, speaker panel and decals from Adam Godfrey. Let me state here that the overall quality is awesome and I'm so excited to pimp my JM with this stuff!

Decals ? Got pictures ?

#2107 8 years ago

Cleared a Johnny playfield for a friend of mine. Turned out great. That thing is going to be fast!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

#2108 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

That thing is going to be fast!

Johnny's fast anyway - that's going to be crazy fast!

I can't wait to clear my JM!

#2109 8 years ago

I always thinking, I'm gonna clear this bitch , that will be crazy fast! ....Let us know how it plays.

#2110 8 years ago

Still have some ramp decals if anyone need them PM me:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-johnny-mnemonic-ramp-decals

Also have 5 blue and 5 purple DMD panels left.

#2111 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is it common for balls to hang up at the jet lane diverter? Happens on mine sometimes usually from a slow moving right orbit shot.

Check your game leveling, even if the machine is solid on all four legs.
After that RAISE UP your machine vertical pitch.
This is one of those games that can be finicky.

The other reason could be a bent ball guide, which happens in that area with this title.

#2112 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Check your game leveling, even if the machine is solid on all four legs.
After that RAISE UP your machine vertical pitch.
This is one of those games that can be finicky.
The other reason could be a bent ball guide, which happens in that area with this title.

I removed the diverter, did a bit of Uri Geller on it and refitted, balls not getting stuck now. Thanks for the suggestions.

#2113 8 years ago

I just started a game, heard a little noise and this popped up ( haven't even launched a ball yet )

20151016_161053.jpg20151016_161053.jpg

Is that some kind of easter egg or a fault? I would normally think fault straight away but it's a binary number and this is Johnny Mnemonic!

Edit...looking on the cows and easter eggs website there is no mention of this. So, what could score 1,000,010 points in JM?

#2114 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Edit...looking on the cows and easter eggs website there is no mention of this. So, what could score 1,000,010 points in JM?

Looks to me like one of your switches is stuck or faulty, probably the right orbit.

#2115 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Looks to me like one of your switches is stuck or faulty, probably the right orbit.

Thats what I thought but can't find anything that looks faulty. Guess I'll have to wait for it to escalate

#2116 8 years ago

Working on my JM today. The coin door is a freaking mess. If anyone could post photos of nice looking ones I would appreciate it!!image.jpegimage.jpeg

#2117 8 years ago

Johnny's in the house!!!!!

More pics still to come....

20151017_172849.jpg20151017_172849.jpg

#2118 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Working on my JM today. The coin door is a freaking mess. If anyone could post photos of nice looking ones I would appreciate it!!image.jpeg

What do you need exactly in photos?
Coin door rewire?
This is a standard WPC-95 Security coin door wire setup (including control buttons).
I don't know what the $%@# is going on in that photo, but it does not good.
Hopefully it is just extra long wire cables that were replacing the actual switch matrix, but they are still connected to a high power cutoff toggle switch.

I have a one that was bought NIB for comparison, no hacks.

#2119 8 years ago

That would be excellent! If you have NIB I would love to see how it should be wired up.

#2120 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

That would be excellent! If you have NIB I would love to see how it should be wired up.

Can do, PM after photos in the next couple of days.
I needed to put new leg plates on anyway after all these years of moving it around the world.

#2121 8 years ago

Looking for JM's both ramp entrance metal flaps... can anyone help me?

#2122 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Working on my JM today. The coin door is a freaking mess. If anyone could post photos of nice looking ones I would appreciate it!!image.jpeg

Hope it helps.

20151018_190611.jpg20151018_190611.jpg

#2123 8 years ago

These are the photos you need to reference the problem.
If you the LARGE size, you need to provide me an email address, because I cannot PM them.

Best of Luck!

20151018_155036.jpg20151018_155036.jpg

20151018_155056.jpg20151018_155056.jpg

20151018_155226.jpg20151018_155226.jpg

#2124 8 years ago

Still some little tweaks to work on it, but.....JOHNNY'S IN THA HOUSE!

20151018_191151.jpg20151018_191151.jpg20151018_185322.jpg20151018_185322.jpg

PS: WOW, this game is FAST! Loving it!

#2125 8 years ago

Pinbits sells a kit. Let me know if you have trouble finding it on thier site

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Looking for JM's both ramp entrance metal flaps... can anyone help me?

#2126 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Pinbits sells a kit. Let me know if you have trouble finding it on thier site

Thanks man...... btw, what kind of leds (and colours), did you use with your new translite?

#2127 8 years ago

Love the back glass on your JM amendes. Want that on mine. Is this custom made? Can I get one somewhere.

#2128 8 years ago

I think mostly cool white with a few warms for some of the faces, red for the explosion .....and maybe a blue somewhere. But mostly cool white. I like yours though! Not bad

#2129 8 years ago

Ohhh and I have mostly frosted LEDs

#2130 8 years ago
Quoted from Boomer71:

Love the back glass on your JM amendes. Want that on mine. Is this custom made? Can I get one somewhere.

Well.... I can say is that fellow pinsider agodfrey is THE MAN!

#2131 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Ohhh and I have mostly frosted LEDs

OK, thanks again..... I ain't got frosted leds with me for the moment, so I'll try to experiment a few things with lighting....

#2132 8 years ago

I am officially in this club! I am bumping it to the front of the cue for tear down and refresh!

Any must have mods I should do along the way?

Anyone know where I can find a spare upper splitter ramp (the one that dumps from the grid), as mine is cracked.

#2133 8 years ago

the only place I have found ramps is.....Australia. Insane but true. I think someone down there must have the molds.

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-9417-2.html

The prices are in Aussie $$ but......still insane with shipping

Quoted from Whysnow:

I am officially in this club! I am bumping it to the front of the cue for tear down and refresh!
Any must have mods I should do along the way?
Anyone know where I can find a spare upper splitter ramp (the one that dumps from the grid), as mine is cracked.

#2134 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

the only place I have found ramps is.....Australia. Insane but true. I think someone down there must have the molds.
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-9417-2.html
The prices are in Aussie $$ but......still insane with shipping

great, now where can I find the stickers that go on the ramps?

TIA

#2135 8 years ago

Marco has some of them

#2136 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I just started a game, heard a little noise and this popped up ( haven't even launched a ball yet )
20151016_161053.jpg
Is that some kind of easter egg or a fault? I would normally think fault straight away but it's a binary number and this is Johnny Mnemonic!

Mind literally just did this after reading your post. Thanks alot!

#2137 8 years ago

Hey man, just chill out....

#2138 8 years ago

That guy would be waking up from a nice nap if he treated one of my games like that.

#2139 8 years ago

He must have lit Spinner Millions with 4x and Bonus Hold then drained instantly. Can't tell you how many times I have done that.

#2140 8 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

He must have lit Spinner Millions with 4x and Bonus Hold then drained instantly. Can't tell you how many times I have done that.

Well, he certainly does not seen to have a minimal understanding of any game rule...... btw, what the f*cking language is he speaking?

#2141 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, he certainly does not seen to have a minimal understanding of any game rule...... btw, what the f*cking language is he speaking?

maybe if he took a bath he wouldn't be so angry!

#2142 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hey man, just chill out....

Give the man an enema and a hooker to get laid.

Based on the swearing and stupidity, its a combination of bad English and German or Norwegian (the quality is not that good).

He has the manners and education of a goat.

#2143 8 years ago

That is no German... Judging from the Aftonbladet ad in the background it's probably Swedish?
I am sure he is just agressively explaning the game rules to the guy with the drink

#2144 8 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

That is no German... Judging from the Aftonbladet ad in the background it's probably Swedish?
I am sure he is just agressively explaning the game rules to the guy with the drink

It could be Swedish, the quality of the recording, and the man's pronounciation of words is really hard to understand.
Still needs an enema to clear out of wearing "his %#$ as a hat".

#2145 8 years ago

Just watched that- it's really not that bad. You guys should see our league nights, sheesh....

#2146 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Just watched that- it's really not that bad. You guys should see our league nights, sheesh....

You are right.
That is why I no longer have competitions and league nights on my machines.
"Invitation for Free Play Only".
You would not beat on a classic car that way, why should anyone do the same thing to a collector quality pinball machine?

#2147 8 years ago

Having a glove issue with my JM. You can see some videos at this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jm-ground-error-row-1

Basically Hibler's suggested fix got my Johnny booting up and playing again but now have this hand problem. You can clearly hear the motor running but the hand is not moving laterally. I believe the hand was completely rebuilt within the last year or so and everything was working perfectly until I screwed it up by shorting out something. I spoke with Hibler and he's never owned a JM and suggested that an owner might have an idea.

So, please help. My JM has been out of commission for about a month and I'm missing it!

Thanks in advance,

Darin

#2148 8 years ago

Here is an additional video and photo which may help. It seems like the motor is working fine but I have lost connection between it and the x shaft. Hope this helps. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#2149 8 years ago

It looks like you bent your motor bracket or one of the couplings has loosened:
The two spiked couplings are meant to grip each other (with the rubber X in between). I see that they are held by grub screws, maybe one of them is loose and the coupling has slid out of position. If your motor is somehow not firmly fixed to the backboard (or its bracket is bent) that might be a cause too.

#2150 8 years ago

Yeah. that rod needs to move closer to the motor. those two couplings (called spider couplings in the manual) need to be firmly seated together. they are very apart here.

Tried to find a pic of them together...failed. but yeah they need to be nice and snug. NOW dont run it too much more that way b/c the only place that sells replacement couplings is Australia. Ask me how i know......

good resource:
http://quinndunki.com/blondihacks/?p=1615

I am currently rebuilding thall17's mechs. I might be open to rebuilding more once i get these done. I got the knowledge, i got the power!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.