20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 89.
#2051 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Wow! The more I play the game, the more I love it!

me too!

#2052 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Wow! The more I play the game, the more I love it! One question sometimes the Matrix tosses the balls instead of them simply rolling. Anyone else experience this?
Thanks!

Mine had a much too strong coil installed, resulting in the balls hitting the glass almost every time. If yours roll down mostly maybe you have a dirty tube and a wrong coil..

#2053 8 years ago

double post..

#2054 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Where can I get the side art or at least the replacement red sticker for the cab? I understand a translite is out of the question??
Thanks

I have fully re-created the cab art outside of JM himself. That said I might do an alt to avoid any static. See my thread for pictures or PM me. Can't wait to get back to work on it.

#2056 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Shit,

Iphone2015_002.jpg

Yip

#2057 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Shit,

Iphone2015_002.jpg

Well that's not going to score any points

#2058 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Well that's not going to score any points

Memory overload.

#2059 8 years ago

I just pulled the game from my lineup to led,put in the panel ,wax and fine tune it. two frikin plays

#2060 8 years ago

I ordered 2 extra spinners and decals for backups a while ago. Never know who's or if anyone will have one when mine breaks.

#2062 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Does anyone have them?

This is where I got mine. I'd call them to see if it really is in stock though

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TG-102161

#2064 8 years ago

I know DK bought one a few months ago, so they're in stock somewhere.

#2065 8 years ago

Got to power down yesterday! But I did not know what to do. I thought you were supposed to hit every shot?

#2066 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Got to power down yesterday! But I did not know what to do. I thought you were supposed to hit every shot?

Hit as much as you can before the whole game shuts down. That's what I do at least!

#2067 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Hit as much as you can before the whole game shuts down. That's what I do at least!

How do you beat it?

#2068 8 years ago

I don't think it can be beat, you just make it last as long as possible and get as many points as possible.

#2069 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Got to power down yesterday!

Me too, Broke my spinner ,been powered down ever since.

Thanks for the link PinRob,new spinner on the way

#2070 8 years ago

New owner here. Quick question, is completing the jetlane rollovers ALWAYS supposed to increase the multiplier? I'm seeing many instances when completing them doesn't add to it, they are definitly completing, i.e. Rolling over the 3rd lane turns them all back off, but the multiplier doesn't increase. Is this a bug, a fault or as designed?

#2071 8 years ago

4x is max. After that you only get points. 50M if I recall correctly

#2072 8 years ago

Thanks, I realise that though. I should have added " when not already maxed ". I'm guessing the answer is yes, it should always add to the multiplier if not already maxed? Something strange going on here. I would normally guess the switches need ajusting but they are making as the lit lane inserts are showing that they are completing.

#2073 8 years ago

Ok, worked it out with the glass off. During " access code 2 " mode the jet lanes do not add to the multiplier, instead adding to the riot value or something, so nothing to worry about, behaving normally.

Btw, on my machine completing the jetlanes beyond 4x, lights extra ball before then going on to give an ever increasing number of points per completion. I guess this is a setting though.

#2074 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Ok, worked it out with the glass off. During " access code 2 " mode the jet lanes do not add to the multiplier, instead adding to the riot value or something, so nothing to worry about, behaving normally.
Btw, on my machine completing the jetlanes beyond 4x, lights extra ball before then going on to give an ever increasing number of points per completion. I guess this is a setting though.

Yep same for me. I think it is a software bug.

#2075 8 years ago

Which bit do you think is a bug clg? I think its working as it should, i.e. The jet lanes are used for the access mode 2 mode rather than the multiplier, but only during that one mode.

#2076 8 years ago

Complete JM repro plastic set (pic below) on sale this october. US$ 250.00 shipped worldwide and you also get a free repro JM keychain. Anybody interested, please PM me.

412026-i.jpeg412026-i.jpeg

#2077 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Complete JM repro plastic set (pic below) on sale this october. US$ 250.00 shipped worldwide and you also get a free repro JM keychain. Anybody interested, please PM me.
412026-i.jpeg

I'm glad to see a repro set for JM. But at $250 for 19 plastics it's a bit much. Most plastic sets are average $100-150. I'd think you do far better (sales) by lowering the price to an acceptable level in line with other plastic set prices.

#2078 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I'm glad to see a repro set for JM. But at $250 for 19 plastics it's a bit much. Most plastic sets are average $100-150. I'd think you do far better (sales) by lowering the price to an acceptable level in line with other plastic set prices.

These plastic sets are not mine neither I'm responsible for manufacturing them. That being said, I can't put a final price on them because I really don't know how much is the production costs or how much work is put into..... It's produced on demand by a fellow pinhead in Brazil who does not have a web store, and all I can say is that the quality is very good! Also, you have to put in account the shipping costs (registered, tracked and insured), from Brazil, definitely ain't cheap.

#2079 8 years ago

Oh, and it's a 20 plastic set, you forgot to include the "free" keychain (not pictured)!

#2080 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

at $150 id be in for a set.

#2081 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

at $150 id be in for a set.

Individual parts can be ordered as well.... prices range from US$10 to US$40 for each piece. Shipping costs apart, of course.

#2082 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Individual parts can be ordered as well.... prices range from US$10 to US$40 for each piece. Shipping costs apart, of course.

yeah but when i seen individual pieces pricing you may as well get the set.

#2083 8 years ago

No matter which way you cut it these are VERY expensive. I do hope Rick at PPS gets these done some day.

#2084 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

yeah but when i seen individual pieces pricing you may as well get the set.

It's up to you, man, we still live in a free world.... you see, as strange as it may seen, I'm really not making any money on it, just trying to help my brazilian friend and fellow pinsiders here. But if this whole thing begins to bother me, I'm sorry, I might as well give up in a heartbeat.

#2085 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

No matter which way you cut it these are VERY expensive. I do hope Rick at PPS gets these done some day.

Wish I could, but there's nothing I can do about it, sorry!

#2086 8 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Yep same for me. I think it is a software bug.

It's not a bug. The mode very clearly shows the pop bumper value increasing when the lanes are completed during the riot mode. The same question was asked earlier in the thread.

#2087 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

It's up to you, man, we still live in a free world.... you see, as strange as it may seen, I'm really not making any money on it, just trying to help my brazilian friend and fellow pinsiders here. But if this whole thing begins to bother me, I'm sorry, I might as well give up in a heartbeat.

may be the Brazilian friend needs to make price adjustments if CPR is in the $150 range. well.....

#2088 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

may be the Brazilian friend needs to make price adjustments if CPR is in the $150 range. well.....

OK - just to get things clear.... PPS and CPR are web stores, it's their main act, so if you guys wanna wait or contact them to make a repro JM set, again, it's a free world!

BUT..... I talked to my friend, explained him the situation (please remember that he ain't got these sets stored, he takes orders by demand and making these repro plastics are not his primary job because he's got an entirely different way to make a living - same as me), and he came with a HUGE discount just for you 2 (freddy and pinrob): just US$ 189.00 for the JM plastic set as seen in the picture (19 parts - NO KEYCHAIN), much better, huh?

Shipping costs: US$ 40.00 (yeah, unfortunately the set comes from Brazil).

sobre_o_rio1.jpgsobre_o_rio1.jpg

Don't worry, the keychain you guys might find on ebay (I remember seeing it for sale a few times).

Oh, I was almost forgetting.... my handling costs usually are US$ 11.00, but just because of the hassle, for you 2 I'll have to charge US$ 21.00, ok?

#2089 8 years ago

I dont think CPR/PPS or anyone else will ever do a "commercial" run of the JM plastics.

The need for the plastics has been the same for the past 10+ years but nothing has happened at all. Since the plastics are literally impossible to get you would think a run of 100 or 200 sets would sell very easy, but i guess not.

#2090 8 years ago

The Access Code 2 with the top lanes is definitely no bug. If you want to see a bug with that mode, keep hitting both flippers repeatedly very fast and the timer will not countdown. This works really well when your drain on that mode. Do the flipper thing when it drains and it will never go to ball bonus until you stop flipping. Still looking for a trade with my never installed jackpot matrix plastic for a promo keychain.

#2091 8 years ago

Starting new reading...

20151002_110323.jpg20151002_110323.jpg

#2093 8 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

I dont think CPR/PPS or anyone else will ever do a "commercial" run of the JM plastics.
The need for the plastics has been the same for the past 10+ years but nothing has happened at all. Since the plastics are literally impossible to get you would think a run of 100 or 200 sets would sell very easy, but i guess not.

I don't think CPR or PPS will ever make new plastics for any movie theme machine. To do that, I'm guessing they'd have to get a new license for the film rights, which is never going to happen for a few low-margin parts. Or maybe there just aren't enough JMs out there.

#2094 8 years ago
Quoted from retro_p:

I don't think CPR or PPS will ever make new plastics for any movie theme machine. To do that, I'm guessing they'd have to get a new license for the film rights, which is never going to happen for a few low-margin parts. Or maybe there just aren't enough JMs out there.

That's why I never found plastics for my ID4?

#2095 8 years ago

Is it common for balls to hang up at the jet lane diverter? Happens on mine sometimes usually from a slow moving right orbit shot.
Seems the " fork " style diverter is not the best idea here. Can anything be done about it or is it just down to poor design? Always seems to happen when I'm in a mode and it's one of the last things to be actuated in a ball search so that mode is wasted.
20151004_113858.jpg20151004_113858.jpg

#2096 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is it common for balls to hang up at the jet lane diverter?
20151004_113858.jpg

This happened on mine but very rarely. I'd say your diverter isn't sitting flush enough to line up with the lane and needs a small adjustment to stop this happening.

#2097 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is it common for balls to hang up at the jet lane diverter? Happens on mine sometimes usually from a slow moving right orbit shot.
Seems the " fork " style diverter is not the best idea here. Can anything be done about it or is it just down to poor design? Always seems to happen when I'm in a mode and it's one of the last things to be actuated in a ball search so that mode is wasted.
20151004_113858.jpg

never had it happen. GL with fix!

#2098 8 years ago
Quoted from retro_p:

Ah, thats a good point. If the licensed has expired I guess it is too much of a hassle to get it renewed. Such a shame though.

#2099 8 years ago

can the plastics be made without the crazy bob plastic, or the JM jackpot plastic?

i could use some slings and the plastic up the middle

-c

#2100 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

can the plastics be made without the crazy bob plastic, or the JM jackpot plastic?
i could use some slings and the plastic up the middle
-c

Yep.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 22.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.