20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 89.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeffreez:

Anyone know where I could find a Translight, mine has about 12 holes and is annoying (one dead center of Keanu's head) and the ramps are beat up pretty bad

I've got a spare translite. It's not great, but it might be better than what you've got. It has quite a few areas of loss that someone repaired with a sharpie (which doesn't work so great, by the way), but it displays OK save for a mark up near the title. I can throw some pics up if you want to compare.

#152 10 years ago

Hey other JM owners,

I was tired of my JM not having a promo plastic for the key and since they seem to be somewhat scarce I made some of my own. Apron logo on one side, Keanu's fat head on the other. Nothing fancy, but better than nothing. I've got four extras. PM me with your street address and I'll send you one!

keychains.jpgkeychains.jpg
#153 10 years ago

Nice work Champ

#154 10 years ago

Looks great, PM sent....thanks Canea!

#155 10 years ago

Nice work! PM sent.

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Nice work Champ

All keychains spoken for. Thanks guys and I hope they come in useful for you.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Thanks canea, your a stand up guy!

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Great work, was thinking of PM ing you 1st up, But let the local guys jump on it

#160 10 years ago

It sure will, now I won't loose the keys and I'll know which game they are for.

#161 10 years ago

Wooooo! Another great, adrenaline filled game! Best score I've gotten yet, had that spinner shot dialed in this morning. Feelin' good!

image-856.jpgimage-856.jpg

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Wooooo! Another great, adrenaline filled game! Best score I've gotten yet, had that spinner shot dialed in this morning. Feelin' good!

image-856.jpg 927 KB

Nice one! You just gave me a goal.

#163 10 years ago

Wow nice score! Mine is 16 Billion, but that score is insane man...I hope it was a 3 ball game.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Damn.

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Wow nice score! Mine is 16 Billion, but that score is insane man...I hope it was a 3 ball game.

Yeah. 3-ball game, but I played the extra balls. But my spinner millions insanity took place between balls 2-3. That gave me the lions share of the points: spinner million with x4 bonus held for 2 balls.

I got to Power Down on my second extra ball, but my power down total was only 7bill though, not spectacular. So what you see is the the spinner millions+bonus x4+bonus held x2 stack.

No buy-in

#166 10 years ago

Who is interested in this diverter. I should have the final 3d printed version today, the below is obviously the metal one. I can send them for $5 including shipping for US only. I just need a ballpark of how many to make.

145439-i.jpg145439-i.jpg

#167 10 years ago

You guys are suprsing me with your ingenuity, Lol this is a cool club to be in. Good work Tmezel, mine already has one though. Good luck.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Who is interested in this diverter. I should have the final 3d printed version today, the below is obviously the metal one. I can send them for $5 including shipping for US only. I just need a ballpark of how many to make.

145439-i.jpg 17 KB

I'm in!

Diverter remake
1.Northvibe

#169 10 years ago

Diverter remake
1.Northvibe
2.Tmezel - doh!

#170 10 years ago

Diverter remake
1.Northvibe
2.Tmezel - doh!
3.Eviljack

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

image-856.jpg 927 KB

Impressive, highest I could get was 23 billion. I never really attacked the spinner as a strategy though, just went for as many extra balls I could get.

#172 10 years ago

Don't forget to use the AWARD BONUS after you've double held your 4x spinner millions... I ended up with 59.7 Billion that way the other day man it was fun because ever since JM has been kicking my A**!!

Diverter remake
1.Northvibe
2.Tmezel - doh!
3.Eviljack
4.Frankenator

#173 10 years ago

ohh ohh im in!

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

Impressive, highest I could get was 23 billion. I never really attacked the spinner as a strategy though, just went for as many extra balls I could get.

Not just attacking the spinner, but specifically initiating Spinner Millions and getting it as high as possible from ripping the spinner and then getting a bonus multiplier and hold bonus.

On my monster game, I got spinner millions on my first ball, raised spinner millions to about 3bill got 4x bonus and stacked hold bonus for the next two balls. So Spinner millions landed me in the ballpark of 12bill (or thereabouts) points in end of ball bonus, for each of the first three balls, for basically free. Then I scored about 7bill off Power Down and made up the rest of the score during "normal" play.

IMO, manipulating Spinner Millions' bonus at end of ball is the most efficient way to crack crazy scores in JM

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Not just attacking the spinner, but specifically initiating Spinner Millions and getting it as high as possible from ripping the spinner and then getting a bonus multiplier and hold bonus.
On my monster game, I got spinner millions on my first ball, raised spinner millions to about 3bill got 4x bonus and stacked hold bonus for the next two balls. So Spinner millions landed me in the ballpark of 12bill (or thereabouts) points in end of ball bonus, for each of the first three balls, for basically free. Then I scored about 7bill off Power Down and made up the rest of the score during "normal" play.
IMO, manipulating Spinner Millions' bonus at end of ball is the most efficient way to crack crazy scores in JM

This is what I meant I heard this was the best way to score. But on most of my big scores (on any game not just JM) I just try to have fun in the flow of the game and advance the modes/get extra balls. Just kinda of shooting at lit targets and trying to do as many combos as possible. I just try to last as long as I can and the score takes care of itself usually.

Like you said Power Down mode is good for 7-10 billion. One time I went to power down mode twice in one game and it was the bulk of my score.

Anything 50 billion + is very well done. Nice work Rcade and Frankenator! JM is a blast!

#176 10 years ago

I'd be in for a diverted remake too!

Diverter remake
1.Northvibe
2.Tmezel - doh!
3.Eviljack
4.Frankenator
5. McSirTuna

#177 10 years ago

It is with much regret that I must leave the club. JM is an awesome pin and will be missed.

Nov 2013 032.JPGNov 2013 032.JPG

Its a pirates life for me.
Nov 2013 035.JPGNov 2013 035.JPG

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

It is with much regret that I must leave the club. JM is an awesome pin and will be missed.

Its a pirates life for me.

I would call that a definite downgrade, but to each his own, hope you love the change.

#179 10 years ago

I could use a diverter, too.

Diverter remake
1.Northvibe
2.Tmezel - doh!
3.Eviljack
4.Frankenator
5. McSirTuna
6. loctones

#180 10 years ago

I am pretty sure I am getting a machine, I noticed it did not have a diverter. I'll take one too.

Diverter remake
1.Northvibe
2.Tmezel - doh!
3.Eviljack
4.Frankenator
5. McSirTuna
6. loctones
7. dudemcawesome

#181 10 years ago

Skypilot I hope it was an even trade! J/K you'll be back in the club soon

#182 10 years ago

It's done. I made the print it white. I think the opaque plastic will look the best. Will post that pic and put it up on the shop.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage-423.jpgimage-423.jpg

#183 10 years ago

I'm still just amazed how many people seem to be missing that ramp piece.

#184 10 years ago

Just got the key chain Canea, looks nice! Thanks

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Just got the key chain Canea, looks nice! Thanks

Me too!!! Thank you so much!!

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Me too!!! Thank you so much!!

Me three!!! Thanks Canea!

#187 10 years ago

Just got a JM-- Love it! One design flaw though in my opinion is when the ball comes down from the pops, it rolls down the right side of the left ramp and directly onto the right sling. What's the deal with that? Also, I have a question about strategy. When you're going into the matrix and there is one of the nine spaces on the matrix blinking, is that the one that you clearly go for? It seems like you get an award of some kind regardless of where you put the ball on that thing.

Thanks!

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Me three!!! Thanks Canea!

Cool, glad they made it guys!

Quoted from usandthem:

Just got a JM-- Love it! One design flaw though in my opinion is when the ball comes down from the pops, it rolls down the right side of the left ramp and directly onto the right sling. What's the deal with that? Also, I have a question about strategy. When you're going into the matrix and there is one of the nine spaces on the matrix blinking, is that the one that you clearly go for? It seems like you get an award of some kind regardless of where you put the ball on that thing.
Thanks!

I don't know that it's a design flaw, just the way it comes out of the chute beneath the pops. It is sort of clumsy though. Mine acts predictably off the right sling 99% of the time, but the other 1% of the time the sling doesn't trigger and it will drain down the middle if you're not watching. You could tinker with the sling sensitivity a bit and it might make it feel better for you.

I'd also like to know what the light blinking in the matrix means. I always assumed that the blinking space was the last space that Crazy Bob's just "revealed," but could be wrong on that.

#189 10 years ago

Yeah I really don't think the blinking space means anything at all.

You want to go for the "Extra Ball" space first and then line up three in a row from there.

#190 10 years ago

wow. I was looking at the "missing" guide mentioned above and I wondered why my balls in the left matrix always go in to the center lane.
I got to looking at the game and I have the metal piece, but it's installed on the exit part of the right ramp. same curvature, but not really doing anything as the ball has already made it's turn before it hits the metal protector.

Thanks for discussing this. I can fix my game the correct way.

Does cliffy or someone make a protector for the right ramp like the left ramp has? I've known JM's to blow a hole int eh back of the right ramp.

#191 10 years ago

The diverter bracket is here. Final print will be an opaque clear and won't be so obvious than the white.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Pinballmods?ref=si_shop

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I always assumed that the blinking space was the last space that Crazy Bob's just "revealed," but could be wrong on that.

I believe this is correct.

#193 10 years ago

Yo, my just acquired JM will be in my crib Saturday night! Looking forward to reading this thread start to finish after I've put a couple dozen plays on it!

#194 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

The diverter bracket is here. Final print will be an opaque clear and won't be so obvious than the white.

Ordered mine, thanks! Now I have to wait for it to show up...and my JM too for that matter.

#195 10 years ago

I am going to limit the brackets to 10 at $5 plus free shipping. Then I will probably close the early bird special. That will probably cover most people on this thread anyway. Future brackets will have a small price increase.

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Also, I have a question about strategy. When you're going into the matrix and there is one of the nine spaces on the matrix blinking, is that the one that you clearly go for? It seems like you get an award of some kind regardless of where you put the ball on that thing.

I personally go for the extra ball, then video mode (which has an extra ball on stage 2) and then gigabytes. All of these help to get to powerdown.

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Thanks!

#198 10 years ago

For what it's worth Cliffy has JM listed in his "in progress" section so there could be a chance to upgrade to a metal version at some point as well. I figured I'd spray paint this one with some silver metallic plastic paint I have, but now that you've changed it to clear the clear should be great!

Just put in my order from the link, looking forward to it!

#199 10 years ago

Just posted this thread about glove maintenance... hoping a JM owner will chime in.

thanks guys (gals!)

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-screeching-glove-lubricate-jm-owners-chime-in-

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from hathro:

I personally go for the extra ball, then video mode (which has an extra ball on stage 2) and then gigabytes. All of these help to get to powerdown.

A good friend pointed out that when you hit Crazy Bob's and it's flashing all of the stuff on the DMD, as opposed to ignoring it - it's actually telling you the value of each of the grid circles. He sits there and farms out Crazy Bob's over and over to find e-ball etc., and then goes for the glove. You can also see the values if you're playing a 2 player game and your opponent is hitting Crazy Bob's. Pretty great strategy IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 22.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.