20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 89.
#1201 9 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

A few pics of mine which have just completed....full cabinet re-decal etc

2015-03-15 17.09.53.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
2015-03-15 17.08.14.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
2015-03-15 17.08.35.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
2015-03-15 17.08.56.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
2015-03-15 17.09.07.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Very nice.... Congrats!!! Could you share those instruction cards?

#1202 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Very nice.... Congrats!!! Could you share those instruction cards?

Fellow pinsider, Aurium, makes them

#1203 9 years ago

Added a couple of RGB strips to my JM.
The pair underneath the glass channel is beautiful

#1204 9 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Added a couple of RGB strips to my JM.
The pair underneath the glass channel is beautiful
» YouTube video

VERY nice, that really adds a lot to the hand area. I like it.

#1205 9 years ago

Thanks - The hand area was the hardest to mount, but VERY worth it.

#1207 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Fellow pinsider, Aurium, makes them

I contacted Greg (Aurium), and his website pinballcards.com kicks serious b..... What an awesome collection of beautiful instruction cards for many, many machines!!!! Check it out and spread the word!!!! Oh, and donate.....

#1208 9 years ago

So I need some advice guys. I bought my JM almost two years ago at the Allentown convention. My original plan was to shop it out, replace/repair parts, mod it a bit, and then play it for a year till the next convention. When I torn it down the left ramp was cracked. It was cracked because it had the wrong metal guard on it. I was unable to find another one. Cliffy was gracious enough to hand make me a new one. However it took over a year for him to get it for me. Once I got the part I was ready to start again and then life got in the way. It's now almost April and rolling around to the two year mark that I have owned this and not touched it. So here is my problem. Do I still spend the time and money to fix it up nice and sell it at the upcoming convention? Or do I just clean it up and get it back together enough that it plays and try to at least get what I bought it for?

#1209 9 years ago

There are two types of buyers. People with time and people with money. The people with time want to spend as little as possible because they plan on doing all the work, saving them money, then people with money want to have the best, highest, and shiniest and are willing to pay for it because they have no time. So.....you either don't touch it so you can sell it for as low as you can or you go all out, new cab decals, topper, full LED, lasers, etc...ha.

I have thought a lot about just getting a nice game and save all the shop time, but then I see the moths fly out of my wallet.

#1210 9 years ago

Ia m thinking about doing one of those DMD extenders on Johnny. I think I have seen some videos around but anyone have any insight on it? Worth it or hold out for a COlor DMD (which I think will be twice the cost DMD ext $220, COlor DMD $400). I think I read that you can do your own coloring on Smart DMD but only on Stern machines. Thoughts?

#1211 9 years ago

Not to get your hopes up but I contacted ColorDMD to see if they needed someone to work on JM, they said they already had someone working. So......the future could be bright....and expensive!

#1212 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Not to get your hopes up but I contacted ColorDMD to see if they needed someone to work on JM, they said they already had someone working. So......the future could be bright....and expensive!

Tell me about it.... I've got myself 12 pinball machines... There are already ColorDMD versions for 6 of those..... I haven't bought a single one yet but intend to do so ASAP, and since I'm from Brazil, I still have to pay huge custom taxes.... Really don't know if I laugh or if I cry.....

#1213 9 years ago

WOw....looking at $3k.......DO it.....OR just get another (or 3) pins!! Ha. Tough call.....2 mid-level pins....or 6 DMDs...

#1216 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Ia m thinking about doing one of those DMD extenders on Johnny. I think I have seen some videos around but anyone have any insight on it? Worth it or hold out for a COlor DMD (which I think will be twice the cost DMD ext $220, COlor DMD $400). I think I read that you can do your own coloring on Smart DMD but only on Stern machines. Thoughts?

I have a DMD Extender in my JM - it might've been my vids that you seen?

Originally, I had used Green, Light and Dark Blue Dots:

Currently, I am using White, Light and Dark Blue "Sigma" Style (Skip to 1:07 to see a little bit of it)

Unfortunately, I believe that Dr. Pinball is out of stock of the DMD Extenders. This is due to some Rasberry PI model unavailability. It's kinda hard to source the parts needed now, but hopefully he'll make an updated model and it'll resolve the availability and sourcing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-addams-family-poor-mans-color-dmd/page/11#post-2321709

#1217 9 years ago

I think it was you I saw. I love your videos! Thanks. Looks super cool. I have also been messing around with RGBs lately. VERY economical and super bright!

#1218 9 years ago

Okay - so I have my T2 tore down in the midst of a restoration... and couldn't stand not having a working pin - so I picked up a JM and joined the club a couple of weeks ago!

Really enjoying JM - I find it much more challenging to play but have had to "cheat" with extra balls to get to powerdown mode.

Really love the Midnight Madness mode also - it freaked me out the first time it happened as I did not know much about this pin before picking it up. I had read about the "Matrix" mod a while back but didn't believe I would ever be able to find one of these.

Anyway - I've cleaned it up - fixed the glove - replaced the "shoot ball" button, removed, cleaned, and replaced the "Matrix" and replaced the back box lock - finished LED'ing the PF and playing it has made me appreciate it alot more!

I'm glad to be here - and enjoying this as it is!

My JM.jpgMy JM.jpg
#1219 9 years ago

I am psychic!! HAHAHA. Got an email newsletter today from colorDMD saying Johnny is the next to be released and the rom will be out April 2nd. HAHAHAH Positive thinking works.....now....time for saving my dollars!! Or just doing a SmartDMD....hmmmm

#1220 9 years ago

Awesome! I hope they don't count it as an Aprils fools gag

#1221 9 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Awesome! I hope they don't count it as an Aprils fools gag

Its not.

#1222 9 years ago

I get rid of JM and now a Color DMD coming to it. Oh well it will be awesome to see

#1223 9 years ago

Well there goes another $400

#1224 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I am psychic!! HAHAHA. Got an email newsletter today from colorDMD saying Johnny is the next to be released and the rom will be out April 2nd. HAHAHAH Positive thinking works.....now....time for saving my dollars!! Or just doing a SmartDMD....hmmmm

Would you be willing g to pm that info? I would love to read about it!!!!

#1225 9 years ago

Now my JM will be nearing $4k with the ColorDMD.

#1227 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Now my JM will be nearing $4k with the ColorDMD.

You'll be keeping for a while then I take it.

#1228 9 years ago

I just got Frenzy for the first time, this game is awesome. AGAIN!

#1229 9 years ago
Quoted from supermoot:

I just got Frenzy for the first time, this game is awesome. AGAIN!

Frenzy's great for scoring as well, particularly if you can backhand the orbits. Get it up into the pops and you can cash in a billion or more for one frenzy!

#1230 9 years ago

Does anyone have a part number or source for the clear plastics above the slings. I found screened sling plastics, red and blue domes but not sure where to find the clear.

#1231 9 years ago

The clear part is actually the end of the ramps.

#1232 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Does anyone have a part number or source for the clear plastics above the slings. I found screened sling plastics, red and blue domes but not sure where to find the clear.

There's a guy here in Brazil that makes some reproduction plastics and maybe he can help you out..... If you're interested, just let me know and I'll PM you his e-mail address!

#1233 9 years ago

Well I finally put in my Pinballbulbs LED kit that I got from their Black Friday sale. I'm super pleased with it. I can play in total darkness now. I'm going to tweak it a little with some cyan color LEDs by the pops and some flex head LEDs and flex head flashers in other areas that they do not carry. Had a mix up with the size of one of the three spot light posts but luckily I have a tap set and was able to tap the post from 6/32 to 8/32. Here is a few pics - of course pictures of LEDs never are that great compared to seeing it in person. It isn't as blue but you get the idea.

One more thought though. The flipper led strip now reflects off of the DMD cover - I'm tall so that's part of it but if I hunker down a bit I don't see it. Not a big deal and I may find a solution with a sort of shield by the LED strip.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1234 9 years ago

Who's got my inlane plastics? Mine are TOASTY.

#1235 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

The clear part is actually the end of the ramps.

I see that now. New ramps ordered.....ouch.......Aussie shipping!!!!

#1236 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Well I finally put in my Pinballbulbs LED kit that I got from their Black Friday sale. I'm super pleased with it. I can play in total darkness now. I'm going to tweak it a little with some cyan color LEDs by the pops and some flex head LEDs and flex head flashers in other areas that they do not carry. Had a mix up with the size of one of the three spot light posts but luckily I have a tap set and was able to tap the post from 6/32 to 8/32. Here is a few pics - of course pictures of LEDs never are that compared to seeing it in person. It isn't as blue but you get the idea.
One more thought though. The flipper led strip now reflects off of the DMD cover - I'm tall so that's part of it but if I hunker down a bit I don't see it. Not a big deal and I may find a solution with a sort of shield by the LED strip.image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

It's beautiful.... Congrats!

#1238 9 years ago

Can't wait until there's a video of the ColorDMD up. Yakuza Strike rocket launches and stuff are going to look awesome. And for some reason I just frickin' love the gas grenade sound/animation on Access Mode 2! I talked to Jeff about this a while back and he said Johnny trying to get through the crowd during AM2 was one of the hardest parts to colorize because there's just so much going on visually, so I really want to see how it turned out.

#1239 9 years ago

For those of you who are ordering ramps, where the hell are you getting decals from?

#1240 9 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

For those of you who are ordering ramps, where the hell are you getting decals from?

A couple here from Marco http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Johnny+decals

#1242 9 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Only 9 more to go!

Take off current ones carefully and use them on the new ramps.

#1243 9 years ago

I wish I could.... mine are wrinkled and gross.

#1244 9 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

where the hell are you getting decals from?

Great question. I have been looking for them as well. At this point I think I might scan the existing ones, touch them up, and print some off. I don't think anyone is making them.

#1245 9 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Only 9 more to go!

Not anymore - some bought them all.

1410109328_707806796_2.jpeg1410109328_707806796_2.jpeg
#1246 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

1410109328_707806796_2.jpeg (Click image to enlarge)

Ooppsss... I was going to post about these external decals and forgot to delete the picture on my previous reply...

Anyway... this machine is here in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and I don't know if these were custom made or acquired... Have someone seen this for sale? PS: Also take a look at those legs...

#1247 9 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

I wish I could.... mine are wrinkled and gross.

Scan em and print them out on decal paper.

#1248 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

1410109328_707806796_2.jpeg (Click image to enlarge)

Those are cool - pretty sure that's a custom job and the legs are a neat idea too. I got mine with custom ones too that I've not seen around before.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1249 9 years ago

I'm contemplating getting back in the club. PinRob has my old JM and I do miss it. I have a deal struck to get another one. Just waiting to see it the tax man is bringing Vaseline or not. Ive gone through a few pins in the last few years and JM is one that I miss.

#1250 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I'm contemplating getting back in the club. PinRob has my old JM and I do miss it. I have a deal struck to get another one. Just waiting to see it the tax man is bringing Vaseline or not. Ive gone through a few pins in the last few years and JM is one that I miss.

I've contemplated getting out but after adding stuff to you super nice old JM and with the new news of a ColorDMD I'm staying in the club for a long time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 29.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 37.50
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.