Topic Stats

• 3,296 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 115 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 891 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7E81598C-CA7B-4173-B53D-1DF6177B5A0C (resized).jpeg
JM-Translite (BETA) (resized).jpg
jm-rubber (resized).png
crazybobs (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
33FF569E-70EE-4ED9-A732-49B99A32BA37 (resized).jpeg
JM1 (resized).jpg
JM2 (resized).jpg
7C35E892-D6A7-4F6A-BF8F-A8762F02F62A (resized).jpeg
B114F4D9-6C19-429A-BC82-6F1F052821FE (resized).jpeg
IMG_0670 (resized).JPG
IMG_0665 (resized).JPG
IMG_0664 (resized).JPG
JM2 (resized).jpg
JM1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190313-100933_Chrome (resized).jpg

There are 3296 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 66.
#1001 4 years ago

I think these boards are a great idea, but I mustn't have an artists eye, because I don't think the aesthetics are that difference. I can see they fade more like they are used to , but the "harsh" on - off effect doesn't really bother me. Just personal taste.

1 week later
#1002 4 years ago

I posted a while ago about trying to get a hold of the Jackpot Matrix plastic. I could not find one but got some pictures and could probably make one up if needed. However, I have been thinking about this more.. As I see it the plastic does not have any important information on it and is just decorative. Or am I missing something?

Assuming I am not, I was thinking about adding something else there. Not sure what yet I really should watch the movie.

So, am I right does the Jackpot Matrix plastic not convey anything important and does anyone have any suggestions about what I could add that would go well with the theme?

Thanks!

#1003 4 years ago

The matrix jackpot plastic lets you know which shots score jackpots during cyberspace multiball

#1004 4 years ago

Purely "decorative", and that is a loose term. One of Sparkys TV's there would be nice, but showing scenes from JM? Maybe scenes from the Matrix to confuse people would be more fun.

#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

The matrix jackpot plastic lets you know which shots score jackpots during cyberspace multiball

But all of those shots are not jackpots during multiball right? I thought it was only a few of them that are displayed on the DMD while the plastic lists everything, most of which are not jackpots in a given multiball.

#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Purely "decorative", and that is a loose term. One of Sparkys TV's there would be nice, but showing scenes from JM? Maybe scenes from the Matrix to confuse people would be more fun.

I like the Sparky's TV idea that would be about the right size and would look cool too! I am going to contact him and ask.

Cheers!

#1007 4 years ago

Wherever you put the balls in the matrix lights that shot. There are nine. 3 jet lanes, 2 ramps, 2 loops, spinner lane, and crazy bobs. Not just decoration IMO

#1008 4 years ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

Wherever you put the balls in the matrix lights that shot. There are nine. 3 jet lanes, 2 ramps, 2 loops, spinner lane, and crazy bobs. Not just decoration IMO

OK that does serve some purpose I guess, still I can live without it and if I could put one of these in that space I think I would be very happy http://www.sparkypinball.com/

#1009 4 years ago

But isn't that just a list of "available shots"? Nothing dramatic losing you can his ramps, bumpers or lanes. Are you saying that if you put the ball in the matrix, that particular one is then worth more? For how long?

Still would rather a sparky TV there (got one in my LOTR, Tron, TOM, TSPP and STLE - love the little things).

#1010 4 years ago

The plastic shows which shot will award you a jackpot if you place a ball there. Once in MB, those three shots are worth jackpots. If you get three in a row, then the jackpots are tripled.

#1011 4 years ago

Hi everyone - new JM owner here! I had never played this machine before buying it, but I am really glad I did - the flow and speed are just as great as everyone says. I'm still getting the hang of the rules and learning how to maximize my score, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Yes they did! I ordered one from BAA and got it installed - here's a pic of it in place. Installation wasn't too bad, but it did require removing the large ramp from the matrix, the Crazy Bob's sign and plastic, and the lowest pop bumper cap. It is locked down by a post in the diverter below the bumpers and a screw behind the blue rubber square.

I do have one question - does the triangular piece of plastic in this photo, to the left of Crazy Bob's, serve any purpose? It looks like something should be attached to it, but comparing my game to other photos, nothing appears to be missing. It doesn't even seem like the ball is tall enough to bump into it - just trying to figure out why it's there!

IMG_0198.JPG

#1012 4 years ago

Ah nice. Yeah always work to get to those hard saucers I was about to buy one, but my JM is going up for sale :/

I think that triangle piece is to stop air balls?

#1013 4 years ago

Hello, I am looking for some shiny 320gb decals for the spinner. PM me if you got the loot. Thanks!

#1014 4 years ago
Quoted from DoubleDanger:

Hi everyone - new JM owner here! I had never played this machine before buying it, but I am really glad I did - the flow and speed are just as great as everyone says. I'm still getting the hang of the rules and learning how to maximize my score, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Yes they did! I ordered one from BAA and got it installed - here's a pic of it in place. Installation wasn't too bad, but it did require removing the large ramp from the matrix, the Crazy Bob's sign and plastic, and the lowest pop bumper cap. It is locked down by a post in the diverter below the bumpers and a screw behind the blue rubber square.
I do have one question - does the triangular piece of plastic in this photo, to the left of Crazy Bob's, serve any purpose? It looks like something should be attached to it, but comparing my game to other photos, nothing appears to be missing. It doesn't even seem like the ball is tall enough to bump into it - just trying to figure out why it's there!

IMG_0198.JPG 215 KB

Your triangle piece is installed wrong...it's there to prevent air balls.

#1015 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Your triangle piece is installed wrong...it's there to prevent air balls.

Oh really? That's the only way I've ever seen them installed, on any of the images I've seen. Is it supposed to be like this, instead? Or has this one just rotated up and around? I can't remember how much that piece turns or whether it is stopped by the top of that screw (and I'm too lazy to open up the glass and find out right now).

https://img-f.pinside.com/201408/1826721/270799.jpg

#1016 4 years ago

Oh really? That's the only way I've ever seen them installed, on any of the images I've seen. Is it supposed to be like this, instead? Or has this one just rotated up and around? I can't remember how much that piece turns or whether it is stopped by the top of that screw (and I'm too lazy to open up the glass and find out right now).

Mine is on that way too.

#1017 4 years ago

yup I checked min last night, it is installed that way as well. :/

#1018 4 years ago

Looking at a Jm with the typical cabinet fade - inhave seen the partial decals are available - are any full set available?

#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Looking at a Jm with the typical cabinet fade - inhave seen the partial decals are available - are any full set available?

I'd be interested as well.

#1020 4 years ago

It is to keep the ball from being stuck there. If a ball hits that plastic it is already airborne.

#1021 4 years ago

Ok, I think I finally understand what you guys meant about the ball getting stuck there - so that the ball can't hop up and onto the diverter and come to rest there, right? If so, is one way of installing the plastic better than the other? They both seem to cover about the same area.

For the folks asking about the cabinet decals: http://pinballpt.com/blog/2014/02/johnny-mnemonic-cabinet-decals-done/ I e-mailed them the other day and there is a solution. Idk if I am allowed to mention specifics here but PM me if you want an explanation of their response.

For the spinner decal, Marco and a couple other places have them: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-2510

I think some of this has already been covered in previous posts, but I thought I would include info here again for quick reference. Now, if anyone ever has a lead on those plastics... I still need the right side plastic below the Mnemonic recovery target. If anyone knows where to find one, or even just a scan of it, please let me know.

1 week later
#1022 4 years ago

I just pulled the back of the pf out last night to lube one of the gear boxes. The squealing was driving me nuts. Like that how to, the lube was all thrown off the gears. Added the white web stuff and it is soooo quiet now . Sad to see my Johnny/matrix go, but making room for some new ones.

First time taking out and reinstalling that whole arm piece was about 2 hours.

#1023 4 years ago

Just joining the club and loving the pin so far!

To boot, JM is my very first pin. No regrets yet

Thanks to everyone on the thread for all the useful info.

#1024 4 years ago

Mine is installed as shown in this linked image here. No idea if that's the correct way.

#1025 4 years ago
Quoted from Chewable_CPP:

Just joining the club and loving the pin so far!
To boot, JM is my very first pin. No regrets yet
Thanks to everyone on the thread for all the useful info.

Welcome to the addiction. Hope your game is in good shape. Have you got room for more games?

#1026 4 years ago

Welcome . I am a second time around member . I have room for one more game but prefer to lose a few as I have to many /although I say I never have enough / An addiction like no other

#1027 4 years ago

yoni.jpg
yoni2.jpg

Hello guys, i'm new here!.
I'm a year and a half collecting pinballs, and i love my Jhonny well and all the pinballs!,
Have a few questions:
First what is the easiest way to change the lights in the matrix?
Second, as you can see some lights of lower playfield doesn't come on but if i put a led in any other color less white they turn on.

Thank you and sorry for my english (I'm from Chile)

#1028 4 years ago
Quoted from Ventam4n:

First what is the easiest way to change the lights in the matrix?

No easy way, the whole matrix assembly has to come off the board on the back of the playfield. Not very hard really, a couple of nuts and 3 wire connectors and it pulls right out then it's and easy take apart to get at the bulbs. Use red flexhead leds because there is only like half of a hole on the metal plate where the light can shine through to light up the red plastic pieces. With a flex you can position the led to shine all of it's light up to light the plastic.

Welcome and your English is just fine. I deliver alot of produce from Chile. You should put your location down, it's always fun to know where everyone is from.

#1029 4 years ago

I just tore into the back part, lubed the Y gear box.. not the worst thing, but not that enjoyable doing it. You have to loosen the rear panel to get the matrix out, right? Otherwise I had a hard time fishing the matrix out of the rear panel.

#1030 4 years ago

Ty guys, i'm amazed at how fast responses.

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just tore into the back part, lubed the Y gear box.. not the worst thing, but not that enjoyable doing it. You have to loosen the rear panel to get the matrix out, right? Otherwise I had a hard time fishing the matrix out of the rear panel.

I had no problem just pulling the pf out a bit on the service rails and reaching back there and undoing everything. Really pretty easy. Tougher the first time ya do it though. Take me less the 5 minutes now.

#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from Ventam4n:

Ty guys, i'm amazed at how fast responses.

That's cuz we like you. I've been helped many times by fellow Pinsiders so I try to help when I can. That's the way we roll around here. Thanks for posting more info about yourself, it makes people more willing to help.

Now write a background story and get more karma points rolling in.

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the addiction. Hope your game is in good shape. Have you got room for more games?

JM will be the only pin I have for a while at least. I barely found space for the one. I'll probably expand my collection some day, though.

#1034 4 years ago

Sad to have her leave, but making room for some new games. If no one is interested I guess I'll just keep it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-johnny-mnemonic-in-mn

#1035 4 years ago
Quoted from Chewable_CPP:

JM will be the only pin I have for a while at least. I barely found space for the one. I'll probably expand my collection some day, though.

Soultion.......throw out the bed.

#1036 4 years ago

Hi guys, just thought I would share some work I did on my JM this weekend. When I bought my machine it was missing the right plastic below the Mnemonic Recovery target, and at some point someone thought it would be a good idea to replace it with a chopped-up piece of Sorcerer (see below for how it used to be - fingers and lightning bolts).

Sorcerer hand on the right (Cyan LEDs were just an experiment)

Since repro plastics are nowhere to be found for this game, I decided to make my own, using the tutorial found in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-guide-to-making-your-own-reproduction-plastics

I couldn't even find a scan of the original piece, so I had to reconstruct my own from photos I found online. This involved getting creative with perspective and transforming the image to the shape I needed, so I'm sure my piece might be a little skewed or stretched, but I did the best I could with what I had to work with. I retraced all the lines in software, printed on decal paper and applied to the plexiglas I had cut and shaped, and then sprayed the back of the piece in white. The color's not quite perfect, but unless you are really hyper-critical, I don't think it's too noticeable.

I wish I had taken more photos of the steps I used throughout the process, but here are some shots of the final results. Not a perfect match, but I am pretty happy with it! Much better than before!

Lights off
Lights on

#1037 4 years ago

You did a nice job on that plastic it came out really good!

#1038 4 years ago

If that plastic is easy to remove, I can scan it to night for you.

#1039 4 years ago

I couldn't even find a scan of the original piece, so I had to reconstruct my own from photos I found online. This involved getting creative with perspective and transforming the image to the shape I needed, so I'm sure my piece might be a little skewed or stretched, but I did the best I could with what I had to work with. I retraced all the lines in software, printed on decal paper and applied to the plexiglas I had cut and shaped, and then sprayed the back of the piece in white. The color's not quite perfect, but unless you are really hyper-critical, I don't think it's too noticeable.

I wish I had taken more photos of the steps I used throughout the process, but here are some shots of the final results. Not a perfect match, but I am pretty happy with it! Much better than before!

VERY nice job.

#1040 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If that plastic is easy to remove, I can scan it to night for you.

I just now saw this - That would be awesome if you could do it, but there's definitely no hurry. The piece is only held on by two Phillips head screws and is very easy to get to. Thanks for volunteering, in any case!

#1041 4 years ago

I picked up a really nice Johnny the other day (such a sweet pin!) and need to replace one plastic. I know they are unobtanium, but I was hoping someone either has an extra laying around, or has a scan of it? Pic of the plastic below.

Thanks!
johnnyplastic.jpg

#1042 4 years ago

Sorry guys, hurt my leg/back. I'll get a scan by this weekend of that piece for you. Any more needed? She gets shipped soon.

#1043 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Sorry guys, hurt my leg/back. I'll get a scan by this weekend of that piece for you. Any more needed? She gets shipped soon.

I could also use a scan of the piece in the thread above yours. Thanks!!!

#1044 4 years ago

Has anyone done any color LED work on their JM backbox? I am getting ready to place an LED order and would love to see what has worked for others.

#1045 4 years ago
Quoted from Prosedsp:

Has anyone done any color LED work on their JM backbox? I am getting ready to place an LED order and would love to see what has worked for others.

Here's my setup. I kept incandescents on the playfield but used all cheapo Nifty LED frosteds in the back box except for two Cointaker superbrights behind Keanu to make him pop. I like the Nifty LEDS for behind the translite because they don't create tons of reflection on the playfield glass.

Photo Oct 02, 6 00 45 PM.jpg
Photo Oct 02, 6 00 10 PM.jpg

#1046 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Here's my setup. I kept incandescents on the playfield but used all cheapo Nifty LED frosteds in the back box except for two Cointaker superbrights behind Keanu to make him pop. I like the Nifty LEDS for behind the translite because they don't create tons of reflection on the playfield glass.

Photo Oct 02, 6 00 45 PM.jpg 75 KB

Photo Oct 02, 6 00 10 PM.jpg 131 KB

Looks great! Thanks!

#1047 4 years ago

No longer in the club. Sniff.

#1048 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

No longer in the club. Sniff.

Now what did ya get to take it's place

#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now what did ya get to take it's place

GNR.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 16.00
$ 279.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 47.00
$ 279.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.00
$ 219.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3296 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 66.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside