20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 89.
#51 11 years ago

I have had a wide range of pins. I've owned MM, MB, TZ, STTNG, LOTR, CV, ToM and many other A titles.

I can honestly say that JM is in my top 3. I love(d) that pin. The flow, the speed. The theme and unbalanced scoring kill it for many folks. In the past 6 months, I've sold my MM and MB. I have gone all Stern, but I might consider getting a JM again. IMO, one of the best bargains around.

Cabinet fade is a concern but typically every JM seems to not have any PF wear. (Unlike MB and AFM)

Man, I am getting nostalgic.

#52 11 years ago

Definitely one of my favourites for gameplay. Playfields usually excellent due to lack of popularity on route I imagine.

Good bang for buck! Mine cost me $1200 last year with faded decals. Bought a set of the "red-rejuvinators" as pictured in a previous post and she looks very sweet now.

People bleat about the glove being unreliable but once you do some basic work there, the pin goes like clockwork.

But hey, I am preaching to the converted here!!

#53 11 years ago

I'm currently looking to join this club.
Feel free to PM me if you hear of a JM that needs a new home.
This will be the last game in my small lineup.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Restored one I got on trade for my SP in the fall. It's dialed in and I have not stopped playing it since. Got to power down mode three times !!! keeper.

can haz rotation?

#55 11 years ago

Should I go for one, I thought it was oook, way better than Avengers though...

#57 11 years ago

I played about 5 games last night and I am hooked. The game is very addictive, especially if you have 2 or 3 other pins to play in between sessions. Getting back to JM after playing the others is like parking your golf cart and hopping into your rocket rod. My best so far is 2 right loops and a center loop in succession. After the ball speed gets to a certain point I lose sight of the ball and it either drains or bounces off the flipper and into one of the ramp posts. Wonder what the consecutive loop record is on this machine?

#59 11 years ago

I'm enjoying figuring out the rules on JM.

It has excellent flow and playfield layout with 7 shots. Love those ramps ! Best ever.

Combos are a blast. The movie isn't that bad actually. I just watched it. It was way ahead of its time.

Here's a few pics of mine. 83b6186efc79c26ddaff339649d25532.jpg83b6186efc79c26ddaff339649d25532.jpg fcee5e8f3d720317fe591347ac6f089d.jpgfcee5e8f3d720317fe591347ac6f089d.jpg

#60 11 years ago

Pretty much finished LEDing him for the time being. Played a bunch tonight and decided to take some pics when I was done:

DSC02797_zps907d77bd.jpgDSC02797_zps907d77bd.jpg DSC02794_zps084a8cfc.jpgDSC02794_zps084a8cfc.jpg

#61 11 years ago

I love my JM! How do you guys like Power Down Mode? Have you become the MASTER OF POWER DOWN?

1 month later
#62 10 years ago

Hi JM owners! Happy to say I can join the club now! I just spent the weekend disassembling the glove and getting it all back together, and making numerous other adjustments to my JM. I'm enjoying the gameplay, but haven't made it to powerdown yet. I like how you can line up the balls for the jackpots according to what shots you are best at hitting if you want to play it that way.

My only complaint is that the playfield is dark. I'm really liking all the images here with the blue GI, so maybe I will be able to experiment a bit in that direction soon. I have added "make plastic robotic dolphin mod" to my list as well.

Oh, and if anyone finds the cab decal motherlode, I need them too.

#63 10 years ago

I've had my Johnny for a little over a week now and it has quickly jumped up to being my 2nd favorite pin (in my small collection). I'm really enjoying it.

Definitely one of the best Bang for your Buck pins out there. I don't see JM leaving anytime soon.....maybe ever.

Power Down has to be the coolest mode in all of pinball.

2 months later
#64 10 years ago

I see this thread has had no activity in awhile but I'd figure I'd try. I am installing a playfield protector in my JM and I figured I would remove all the mylar before I put the protector down........BIG NEWB MISTAKE. I got the mylar around the pop bumpers off just fine but the three green triangles where the glove drops the ball was a different story. I completely removed the insert decals when I pulled the mylar up.

I scoured the internet for JM insert decals I could buy and they don't exist. You can buy insert decals for every other game but not JM. Can someone point me in the direction of getting new decals or tell me what to do? Thanks.

#65 10 years ago

Can I join? Got mine a couple of weeks ago and am REALLY loving it. It gets so fast I can hardly see the ball. Got the inserts and some of the GI led'd and it really makes a dif. Only 2 problems with it, #1, one string of bb lights are out and about 3 of the inserts and 3 GI lights are out and I can't find the problem. Wish I had the time to find and fix these and apply new red artwork. Funny how this thread started 5 months ago and now it's dead. Just my luck...join a dead thread.

Sorry QuarterGrabber I can't help ya.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I see this thread has had no activity in awhile but I'd figure I'd try. I am installing a playfield protector in my JM and I figured I would remove all the mylar before I put the protector down........BIG NEWB MISTAKE. I got the mylar around the pop bumpers off just fine but the three green triangles where the glove drops the ball was a different story. I completely removed the insert decals when I pulled the mylar up.
I scoured the internet for JM insert decals I could buy and they don't exist. You can buy insert decals for every other game but not JM. Can someone point me in the direction of getting new decals or tell me what to do? Thanks.

Well QG, I think you hit up on the solution yourself, look for another triangle insert decal from another game and install that, those decal on JM don't have anything unique on them just LT Jetlane, Mid Jetlane and RT Jetlane. Cyclone decal set has 3 or 4 blank ones you can use also..GL

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well QG, I think you hit up on the solution yourself, look for another triangle insert decal from another game and install that, those decal on JM don't have anything unique on them just LT Jetlane, Mid Jetlane and RT Jetlane. Cyclone decal set has 3 or 4 blank ones you can use also..GL

Someone that owns a JM is going to take a pic of his then send it to me. Then I will have to figure out the next step. My JM was so nice too.

#68 10 years ago

I just brought home a really nice JM on Friday night. It needs a little bit of cleaning and tweaking otherwise this is my second one and it isn't leaving again anytime soon.

JM.jpgJM.jpg

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I just brought home a really nice JM on Friday night. It needs a little bit of cleaning and tweaking otherwise this is my second one and it isn't leaving again anytime soon.

Good score and your reds on the cab aren't that badly faded.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I saw this JM first hand and let me tell you it is MINT! It is the best looking JM I've ever seen. One board behind the backglass needs to be replaced but that is cheap and other than that it is perfect. I wouldn't let it leave my house any time soon either. And the pinball champ of Canada once owned it too!

#71 10 years ago

I just picked one up this weekend, blindingly fast! LED'd mine to blue on left, red on right, green in the ramps and cool whites in the slings. Played for 3 hrs last nite!

2 months later
#72 10 years ago

Woooooooooo! Just had the game of my life on my JM! 31,779,004,500! I'm sure guys have topped 100bil on JM, but this was a great game for me!

Outlanes normal, factory settings, no buy-in.

Got extremely lucky by getting a 3bil worth spinner millions, then stacking two bonus holds 3x's. Got to Power Down with Pemex Doubler.

Hell of a rush!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#73 10 years ago

from page 1 this ice candy blue Trim looks Killer

Johnny.JPGJohnny.JPG

#74 10 years ago

just joined up, great pin, annoying video mode

JM_5.jpgJM_5.jpg

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

just joined up, great pin, annoying video mode

Video mode grows on you. It's like Pacman's mentally disabled little brother. Too bad wave 4 seems impossible.

#76 10 years ago

I was thinking of making a radar looking dish like the one in the movie, similar to one on the lower portion of the playfield. Making if so it would slide over the far right flasher. It would lit up like crazy. Similar design like the duff can in TSPP.

I love my JM, set it to 5 balls, trying to get to power down...

1 week later
#77 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Should I go for one, I thought it was oook, way better than Avengers though...

Remember you told me to play it at PHOF. I like it better than Avengers for the price.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

someone that has theirs town down can make a scan of their PF in that area, then send you the file. You can have that printed off onto decal "paper" whatever it is, water decal stock, and make your own. Unless we can find someone that has already scanned the area..... Vid made a guide on pinside for this!

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

someone that has theirs town down can make a scan of their PF in that area, then send you the file. You can have that printed off onto decal "paper" whatever it is, water decal stock, and make your own. Unless we can find someone that has already scanned the area..... Vid made a guide on pinside for this!

I made illustrator files of the three jet lane inserts for him, so for future reference, I've got them. CG, did you get them put on?

#80 10 years ago

I just added some LED spot and strips but i need to get some cab decals. Anyone have a line on where I can order some?
image.jpgimage.jpg

#81 10 years ago

only recently getting my JM, noticed these short cuts in the game, ball locked in crazy bobs there is a long delay before ball gets released & waiting for multiball release, pressing both flippers at the same time speeds up ball eject/release, probably Old news for you guys any other tricks

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

only recently getting my JM, noticed these short cuts in the game, ball locked in crazy bobs there is a long delay before ball gets released & waiting for multiball release, pressing both flippers at the same time speeds up ball eject/release, probably Old news for you guys any other tricks

You can disable the glove in your menu to really speed it up. Also, Midnight Madness is a fun mode. Either play at midnight or set your game clock to 11:58 and play a game.

#83 10 years ago

Midnight madness is outstanding. When it happened to me I had no idea it was in the game, I thought my machine was dying at first lol. Powerdown mode is tight! I enjoy the glove and how it allows you to get an extra ball or get you into video mode where an extra ball is all but guaranteed w/ the second level of the video mode. You can stack extra balls in this game like crazy! Don't forget glove muiltiball (which if fun) and three in a row w/ extra scoring for jackpots!

#84 10 years ago

I am jealous of you JM owners! I hope to find one soon in decent shape, and hopefully a good price too. I haven't even played one, but if it's as fast and flowy as I hear I think I'll like it. I do love my rocket-fast ToM!

#85 10 years ago

JM is hands down the most underated game out there. I play it as much as my tron. I hardly play my other machines in comparison.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

Midnight madness is outstanding. When it happened to me I had no idea it was in the game, I thought my machine was dying at first lol.

I hate to be the Debbie Downer on Midnight Madness, but I've started avoiding it! It almost always happens when I have multiball already going (though to be fair, the game does remember if you've got a ball or two in the matrix when madness starts, so it won't screw you out of multiball when it comes up later). It never helps my score and doesn't progress the modes either. I don't hate fun but I guess JM just makes me impatient to get the modes going and not die in the process!

My JM is still offline - should just be a day or two more. Repainted and redecaled, gearbox taken apart and lubed, LEDs in the matrix...ready to rip.

#87 10 years ago

shouldn't be to hard to find one at a good price & cond, still haven't reached Power down

#88 10 years ago

nice vid here of the game play to power down

#89 10 years ago

Does anyone have a lead on where to get new cab decals?

#90 10 years ago

The machine I bought came with a roll of cab decals, I think. I get them out tomorrow. Spitfiren8, you get first dibs.

#91 10 years ago

Tmezel,

Pm sent definitely need some, my cab is faded bad.

#92 10 years ago

anyone put UV lights in to see if the colors glow?

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

The machine I bought came with a roll of cab decals, I think. I get them out tomorrow. Spitfiren8, you get first dibs.

Damit why am I always a day late on things like this?

#94 10 years ago

Eviljack,

I got several offers for decals. Contact Tmezel or Canea. You should be able to score a set from someone.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Eviljack,
I got several offers for decals. Contact Tmezel or Canea. You should be able to score a set from someone.

Thanks will do.

#96 10 years ago

So glad to finally be in this club, I LOVE me some Johnny! So does completing a mode(s) reward you with more time in Power Down or does it make the shots more valuable during the wizard mode?

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

So glad to finally be in this club, I LOVE me some Johnny! So does completing a mode(s) reward you with more time in Power Down or does it make the shots more valuable during the wizard mode?

Not directly. However, completing a mode will light Crazy Bob's, and at then Crazy Bob's will give you an item (the first being Pemex Doubler). If you hit Crazy Bob's during powerdown you can "use" the items you've collected for more time in the powerdown meter on the DMD. That's how I understand it anyway, but powerdown is usually so fast and furious it's hard to tell sometimes.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Not directly. However, completing a mode will light Crazy Bob's, and at then Crazy Bob's will give you an item (the first being Pemex Doubler). If you hit Crazy Bob's during powerdown you can "use" the items you've collected for more time in the powerdown meter on the DMD. That's how I understand it anyway, but powerdown is usually so fast and furious it's hard to tell sometimes.

Ha! There ya go - I usually just flail away madly during this... just trying to keep it going. That's my deep strategy in a nutshell.

"you are master of powerdown!" (That's supposed to be Steve Ritchie's voice I think I remember)

#99 10 years ago

Anyone know where to find this matrix diverter piece? Mine is missing and the left hand lane often drops into the middle exit ramp at multiball start. Muchas gracias!

pin.jpgpin.jpg
#100 10 years ago

Wow learn something new every day. Apparently mine doesn't have that either as this is the first time I have seen it. Any leads on the part would be good. Trying to get this thing back to original or better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 22.50
$ 37.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.