20240128_174741 (resized).jpg
20240119_155336 (resized).jpg
20240119_155442 (resized).jpg
IMG_3399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240108_010115_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240108_010045_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 89.
#801 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Alright just got the X nut today. Is there a link on how and where to replace this nut?

http://quinndunki.com/blondihacks/?p=1615

#802 9 years ago

Thanks just replaced it which was pretty easy..

#803 9 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Johnny's finally home where he belongs with his friends. Had a pretty good first game on it.

image-302.jpg 227 KB

image-373.jpg 138 KB

Nice line-up!

#804 9 years ago

Just about to join. I bought one but am not going to have it at home for another month. Theme does nothing for me but at least I don't dislike it and the gameplay looks awesome! Where can I get decals for this game? I need the ones for the head, the front and then the red strips on the side. It will look much better with all of that! Needs a good shopping but looks good otherwise.

#805 9 years ago

I really have an urge to just put matrix decals on mine, and get a translite made like the matrix machine mod that was done> Anyone have any of these for sale?

#806 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I really have an urge to just put matrix decals on mine, and get a translite made like the matrix machine mod that was done> Anyone have any of these for sale?

Are you sure? Anything I can do to dissuade you?

JM is a beautiful machine, and I never really cared for the Matrix conversion. My $0.02. Afaik there is only one Matrix conversion in existence right now.

#807 9 years ago

I was watching this:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/szBLqjyffnQ?autoplay=1&rel=0
Playfield is lovely, but all a little too green for me I think. You may have talked me out of it. I think they did a great job with the conversion, but you are right, JM is a great machine. Need the red decal improvement.
What I did notice is the ramp shots on the matrix machine - that's it, I'm doing a flipper rebuild on my JM this week!

#808 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I was watching this:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/szBLqjyffnQ?autoplay=1&rel=0
Playfield is lovely, but all a little too green for me I think. You may have talked me out of it. I think they did a great job with the conversion, but you are right, JM is a great machine. Need the red decal improvement.
What I did notice is the ramp shots on the matrix machine - that's it, I'm doing a flipper rebuild on my JM this week!

They definitely did a complete job of adapting things, all of callouts and DMD animations are similarly matrix-ized. Not a fan of the playfield though, it looks a little too photoshopped (like a Stern, almost). If they had done a hand-drawn motif I think it would have fit better. It strikes me as an all-or-nothing proposition--half matrix, half JM might look a little weird.

Check out my black flipper mod a few posts back--it turned out really well. It fits nicely with the JM theme, and was even in the Williams' marketing literature having black flippers, and then they went with white at the last minute. It just feels all around nicer to play.

#809 9 years ago

You can buy the translites from http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/the-matrix-translite.html
That is where i got mine.

#810 9 years ago

Got one, thanks. nice for a change.

#811 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Got one, thanks. nice for a change.

ya! I wish I could get a matrix game, but what is funny is.....having just the translite, people think the game is the matrix...as keanu and the theme are kind of similar...kind of.

#812 9 years ago

Just finished crating up an NOS Johnny Mnemonic playfield - sending it out tomorrow for clearcoating.

20140629_182542.jpg20140629_182542.jpg

20140629_195115.jpg20140629_195115.jpg

20140629_203410.jpg20140629_203410.jpg

20140629_210209.jpg20140629_210209.jpg

#813 9 years ago
Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

Just finished crating up an NOS Johnny Mnemonic playfield - sending it out tomorrow for clearcoating.

I'm jealous (), where did you find a nos pf?

#815 9 years ago

Anyone know where to get new ramp flaps for JM?

I had to buy those new ramps from Australia as mine are toast. Obviously they came with no hardware attached, and im not fussed about that, but really need the ramp flaps as mine are also toast.

Failing that, i'll just have to remove the old ones and send some scans to pinbits? Or has anyone else done this?

#816 9 years ago

How is your original playfield and is it available for sale? I have a friend who is looking for a JM playfield.

#817 9 years ago

Someone needs to explain to me how Video Frames work, exactly. The description in the manual only confuses me more. It seems to say you can't earn a Frame if your ramp shot builds Yazuka, and also not DURING Yazuka - so you can only earn a frame if you've completed one ramp's Yazuka shots but not the other?

I wish there was some video/audio callout to let the player know they've earned a frame - as it is I make shots and have to go into instant info to see if a frame was earned. Which I don't do that often, thus the confusion...

#818 9 years ago

I was looking at my JM manual and notice that it calls for 4 flashers in the backbox. My machine has none, I think it could use some because the back box light show is boring. I was wondering if any one has a proto type JM that has them installed and could post a pic of there locations.

#819 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Someone needs to explain to me how Video Frames work, exactly. The description in the manual only confuses me more. It seems to say you can't earn a Frame if your ramp shot builds Yazuka, and also not DURING Yazuka - so you can only earn a frame if you've completed one ramp's Yazuka shots but not the other?
I wish there was some video/audio callout to let the player know they've earned a frame - as it is I make shots and have to go into instant info to see if a frame was earned. Which I don't do that often, thus the confusion...

I'd also like to know this. I've played over a thousand games on JM, and never figured out how the video frames work.

#820 9 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I was looking at my JM manual and notice that it calls for 4 flashers in the backbox. My machine has none, I think it could use some because the back box light show is boring. I was wondering if any one has a proto type JM that has them installed and could post a pic of there locations.

I believe this is an error in the manual, actually. A couple of the schematics mention flashers in the backbox, but the circuits described aren't physically there. Perhaps they had plans to put some in, but they never did. Either that, or the flashers are for the topper which that one prototype game had (pictures of it are here if you do a search).

#821 9 years ago

http://pinballpt.com/blog/2014/02/johnny-mnemonic-cabinet-decals-done/

All the red on mine had totally faded to yellow so I just opted to put yellow legs on it and call it a day. Link above has the decal art.

#822 9 years ago
Quoted from retro_p:

I'm jealous (), where did you find a nos pf?

I picked up the NOS playfield on eBay; it is signed by Johnny Mnemonic artist John Youssi. I built a crate specifically for this playfield, given the rarity and the unlikeliness of any repros ever happening.

#823 9 years ago

I picked up the NOS playfield on eBay; it is signed by Johnny Mnemonic artist John Youssi. I built a crate specifically for this playfield, given the rarity and the unlikeliness of any repros ever happening.

That is a great pf crate. I had a CP pf shipped and I think it was in what stern uses, a cardboard box with foam on the corners. I like yours better

#824 9 years ago

Any news on the cliffy ramp protectors for this game?

#825 9 years ago

No new ramps flaps, anyone? Pretty plz?

#826 9 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

How is your original playfield and is it available for sale? I have a friend who is looking for a JM playfield.

My original playfield is in excellent condition; this game saw very little action before retirement. I may sell the original playfield after I install the NOS, but it will probably be many months before that happens.

#827 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

That is a great pf crate. I had a CP pf shipped and I think it was in what stern uses, a cardboard box with foam on the corners. I like yours better

Thank you very much! The crate should be reusable for any WPC-era playfield (except widebodies) with some minor adjustment to the foam inserts.

#828 9 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

No new ramps flaps, anyone? Pretty plz?

I second your question. Anyone know how to get new ramp flaps?

#830 9 years ago

They don't have the correct part at marco. Maybe a Stern one would fit?

Anyway, the part numbers are:

01-14021
01-14022

Need to get this sorted really as buying those bare ramps is pointless without them. Might just pull mine off and scan them for pinbits.

#831 9 years ago

Found this place sells the spring steel by the foot (scroll down a bit):

http://pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

#832 9 years ago

New mod finished

#833 9 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

New mod finished » YouTube video

Looks nice! How'd you do it?

#834 9 years ago

Looks like a Dr.pinball.co.uk LCD-DMD:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lcd-dmd-in-tron

#836 9 years ago

Just picked up a JM, love this pin so much!! Can any one answer why some playfields have writing on the white triangles? Sector 1 etc... Mine have no writing on what so ever. Couple of other inserts vary slightly too. Any ideas?

#837 9 years ago

Welcome to the club!

The white triangles mark the major shots, and represent the "sectors" in Powerdown. Some games have the sector numbers marked on the triangle inserts, and some don't. I've been trying to find out why as well, but nobody seems to know. My guess is maybe they added them later to reduce confusion about what the "sectors" are in Powerdown, but that's just a guess. We should all compare serial numbers and try to determine if there's a range of games with and without.

Fun fact I learned last night- if you have balls in the matrix when you start Powerdown, you still get credit for them. They are converted to virtual locks (much like multiplayer). I found this out by accident when I continued playing after Powerdown, dropped a ball in the matrix, and got a matrix multiball. Imagine the smile on my face.

This begs the question- what happens if you drop a ball on a matrix location that is already a virtual lock? Anyone know? I missed my chance to try this out, and I don't anticipate managing to get to Powerdown with balls in the matrix again any time soon.

There's got to be a hot dog stand around here somewhere.

#838 9 years ago

I'm getting some ramp corner covers laser cut for my left and right ramps. Anyone need some? I'm missing my rights one, but thought I'd get a few of each made.

#839 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I'm getting some ramp corner covers laser cut for my left and right ramps. Anyone need some? I'm missing my rights one, but thought I'd get a few of each made.

Already made one for myself, but LOTS of people need that left ramp plastic!

#840 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

You earn the frames when they are shown on the dmd. So if the dmd is showing yakuza progress or something else, they won't count.

#841 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I need that left ramp cover. Mine is on life support.

#842 9 years ago

I'm joining this club today

Funny story, its the exact same machine I was eyeing up over a year ago (but bought a house instead) in that time it has been through 3 different owners before finally coming to me!

Got great payment terms on it too

#843 9 years ago
Quoted from Spies:

I'm joining this club today
Funny story, its the exact same machine I was eyeing up over a year ago (but bought a house instead) in that time it has been through 3 different owners before finally coming to me!
Got great payment terms on it too

Welcome and that's a funny story too. It was meant to be.

#844 9 years ago

I'm getting the ramp covers laser cut, so when they give me price I'll let people know and post them off.

#845 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I'm getting the ramp covers laser cut, so when they give me price I'll let people know and post them off.

Definitely would like to get some too. Lemme know

#846 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Oh yeah, me too. Whenever you are ready.

#847 9 years ago

Yeah, I think I could use ramp covers as well. I need to look at mine.

#848 9 years ago

What are ramp covers? Is it the metal flaps that are connecting the PF to the ramp?

#849 9 years ago

They sit over the u-turn areas of the ramps to stop the ball flying off.
For this just for fun. image.jpgimage.jpg

#850 9 years ago

These pictures show why I will always ship playfields in a wood crate. Sent my NOS Johnny playfield out to Ron Kruzman via Fedex last week, and Fedex managed to put a forklift through the crate. Pierced the outer wood of the crate and about halfway through the insulation foam protecting the playfield. Only 1/2 inch of foam between the fork and the face of the playfield. Close call!

P7092551.JPGP7092551.JPGP7092552.JPGP7092552.JPGP7092553.JPGP7092553.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

There are 4,442 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-there-an-owners-club-yet/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.