(Topic ID: 30300)

Johnny Mnemonic, is it just me or is this game really this EF'ing hard !

By Gerry

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JM2.jpg
JM.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PeteM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Got mine recently so I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I am completely baffled why this pin doesn't sell for a lot more than it does. This may be at the top of best bang for buck pins out there. Do people hate Keanu Reeves that much?

I'm a fan of William Gibson and I hated the movie when it came out. Now, it's so bad it's almost good. Johnny's tantrum at the base of the bridge about pressed shirts and hookers is hilarious!

I even appreciate the just-bad-enough Keanu impersonator doing the call-outs on the pin. "Who ARE all these people!?"

So while it is a bad theme, it's a bad theme that I can find some enjoyment in. I imagine the majority of people out there aren't in the same boat as I am.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I just finished restoring one I picked up on trade. Can't seem to play it enough.
Question ,I have replaced both ramps,is the metal half circle on the left ramp supposed to be located on the back behind the plastic .thats where mine was and it just doesn't seem right. I'm getting a lot of bounce back on th e shot from left flipper

That's how mine is. Foam on the back of the metal like lpeters82 stated as well.

Quoted from Skypilot:

The only piece I couldn't fix was the cover of the left ramp. I fabricated a temp fix. Can anyone take photos of the original cover?

Mine was "soldering ironed" but I've got a scan of it. I'll upload shortly.

#39 11 years ago

Doh, the PSD is 15MB, an LZW compressed TIFF is 5.5MB. PM your email and I can send it to you.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I did some testing and discovered several errors in the pinball.org rule sheet. Noted to our discussion, Spinner Millions is worth 10 million; not 1 million per spin. So to reach a billion that's only 5 to 10 shots; not 50 to 100 shots.
I also did further testing on the multiball jackpots. First three are 50 million and it goes up 20 million for every three, so: 50, 70, 90, 120, 150 million, etc. Obviously these can also be multiplied by three with a tic-tac-toe: 150, 210, 270, 330, 390 million, etc. These figures were also incorrect on the rule sheet. Either way you can really score some major point with multiball too, regardless of the rewards, I think the jet lanes may very well be the way to go.

You should submit an updated rule sheet!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PeteM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-is-it-just-me-or-is-this-game-really-this-efing-hard?tu=PeteM and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.