20150814_132624.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-08-13_at_3.31.07_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-08-13_at_3.29.45_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-08-13_at_3.29.36_PM.png
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Finally getting around to seriously attempting to get my jm working.
My current issue is the glove seems to attempt to work. It moves a little to the right and seems to move forward and back. In test mode it registers as. "Failed".
I replaced x and y nuts. Also replaced the glove switch.

The new issue is when the start button is pressed a game wl not start.

I mdi get this report when is first start the game.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I checked the fuses and the 116 is blown. The others are testing well.

Lastly there seems to be a ground wire that is loose. Anyone know where this should be attached?
image.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks for taking a look. Any thoughts would b appreciated.

#11 8 years ago

Thanks guys. I am on my way home now and I will start with all your suggestions. I had not yet replaced the fuse. I was planning to wait till I had time to dive in completely.

I will start posting as I have new info or questions.

Thanks a lot

#13 8 years ago

Ok. Here is what is happening.

I positioned the ground correctly and replaced the fuse. When the game starts it starts normally. No more report about fuses etc. I can start the game. Everything seems to be working well EXCEPT...

The Glove. I am able to load the ball and when that happens the glove will now move from left to right. However it takes off before the ball is ejected into the glove. The glove will also stay to the right. It will not return to the left till I run glove test.

PLAYBOYWILLIS. Thank you for the link. I have yet to read it, but I am clicking on it next.

#14 8 years ago

Also. I am able to start a new game while the glove is "stuck" to the right and the drop target that is in front of where you load the ball for the glove will just remain up so I am unable to lock the ball.
I am assuming that is because the glove is out of position?

#18 8 years ago

I will check the switch sensor. I am not positive where that is. But I had the glove taken off today to replace the glove switch. I am sure I can locate it.
I will also check the under play field opto board.
This is the closest this game has been to working since I got in over a year ago. Good start. This glove issue is a tough one.
Thanks

#21 8 years ago

I went into test mode.

1st: Switch Test. I turned the x bar and the switched read independently or in sequence. I did the same for the Y with the same result.

2nd: I put it into hand test. I rotated the bars and again the boxes filled and opened as I turned the bars.

This would seem to indicate that the opts are working?

The last thing I did in Hand Test is run the home test. When I do this the hand runs a few inches to the right and stops. I am assuming it is registering that location as home? Then I run self test and it moves back to the left and stops. When I run self test from that position it moves slightly to the right then back. It does not say failed or anything.

In self test is it supposed to go the entire way left to right and back?

I was also able to access a test in hand test that allows me to move the glove with the flippers. I can move the glove to the right w the right flipper but the glove will not move left with the left flipper. Both blue flippers move the glove forward and backward on the y well.

#22 8 years ago

OK. Seems as though every time I run through the hand test the hand acts a little different.

So I was thinking perhaps when I put the new glove switch in, one of my solder connections might have been poor.

I disconnected one of the wires from the switch. Before I could reconnect the wire my sin asked me to watch him finish a game in demo man.

I came back put the machine in test mode and it ran well without the wire connected. Played a couple games and the glove worked as it was supposed to.

So I guess my question now is should I reconnect that wire?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#27 8 years ago

When I bought the game the glove was not working.

One if the first issues I saw when I was disassembling the glove etc to replace the x and y nuts was the glove switch had a poll that had broken off.

image.jpgimage.jpg
I bought a new switch and re connected the wires where they were connected previously (to the switch)

In my pic I'm just showing the wire not connected. And game working.

Perhaps my initial solder was weak and causing the flaky behavior?

#30 8 years ago

Bigd1979. I appreciate the post. No worries. U never know where I might solder something. LOL

I will see what comes up for error messages when I get back to the house.

Seems odd the switch would cause the issues.

#34 8 years ago

I got the machine from a bar that had it left behind by an operator who went out if business. Do I really do not know if it was ever updated?

#36 8 years ago

So I don't really know. Not do. Sorry

#37 8 years ago

I only played a couple quick games. Was just looking to see if glove was locking balls etc.

I'll look at roms when I get home in an hr.

#41 8 years ago

I do have 1.2

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 22.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 37.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-help-needed?tu=bax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.