By Atreyu

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atreyu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi there,

I recently bought an JM and it's in excellent condition, but I have just two issues. First off, and most important, the hand seems to have issues. When I turn on the machine, after I lock the ball in the lock trough, the hand will not move and the ball will remain in the trough.

However, if I run the self test of the hand prior to starting a game, the hand will move around and the test will complete properly.

If I play a game after running the self test, the hand will work properly for that and all subsequent games until I shut off the game, at which point, the hand will stop working until I run the self test again.

I don't know where to go from here. It just seems that it doesn't know what to do unless I test it first.

My second issue is a minor lag when dropping the flipper. Any time I let go of the left flipper button, there is roughly a .25-.5 second lag before the flipper drops. This doesn't seems to be a coil sleeve issue. It seems to be retaining power for a short bit of time after I let go of the flipper button. I checked the button itself and I can't see that the anything is sticking. Any ideas what the issue might be?

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Boards
Slap Save Creations

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atreyu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-hand-calibration-and-flipper-issue?tu=Atreyu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.