Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

07BF9421-0408-4016-B6FD-B88FDEC35CB1 (resized).jpeg
231DCB45-F4E5-404F-83D3-79B77AA8E8C2 (resized).jpeg
983877EF-777E-4122-A574-665C60D365B8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimy_speedt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi,

I have had so many problems with the glove that I replaced all touchy components.

Although the ball is properly captured, I have some problems with the glove going backward and forward on the matrix.

The first thing I have done is to test the glove. In the manual, nothing is explained when you received a "Failed" in test mode (and you cannot move the glove with buttons afterwards). There are 2 rows displayed with each two squares, some a crossed other are empty. I do not know what they correspond to. How to address this home position problem ?

Any help is welcome

Thank you

#3 4 years ago

Hi, thanks for the reply,

When I switch on the game, the hand move forward until it reaches the switch, back and forth twice, then goes backward and stops. I open the door to make enter the test and close the door.

I ll answer your questions about the home switches tomorrow. Regarding the hand movement in test, there is no hand movement. Only a test progress message, then "Failed". Buttons do nothing the hand stays where it is.

Would you mind reminding me whether the X is left - right, or forward-backward movement, please ?

thanks

#6 4 years ago

I have to admit that I had not performed the test properly. I must push the 2 interlock buttons before starting the test , as advised here above, to get proper values. And then yes, I get a normal self test behavior, also for Home.

I get a problem on the Y axis. The hand does not move forward up to the end. It stops just two centimeters (about 1”) after it closed the switch. Pressing the button has no effect and I get a “failed” displayed.

Thanks for your help again
07BF9421-0408-4016-B6FD-B88FDEC35CB1 (resized).jpeg07BF9421-0408-4016-B6FD-B88FDEC35CB1 (resized).jpeg231DCB45-F4E5-404F-83D3-79B77AA8E8C2 (resized).jpeg231DCB45-F4E5-404F-83D3-79B77AA8E8C2 (resized).jpeg983877EF-777E-4122-A574-665C60D365B8 (resized).jpeg983877EF-777E-4122-A574-665C60D365B8 (resized).jpeg

#7 4 years ago

Got the solution from Twillightzone, hopefully. After adjusting the opto interrupter between the opto sides , it seems to work perfectly.

Thanks to all the people who have replied. Everyone has been helpful

5 months later
#10 3 years ago

Hi,

I guess a new topic would enable you to get more answers.

This glove is a nightmare. The only problem is that the machine is sold now, I cannot have a look anymore.

Was the pin working fine, and suddenly no more movement ? or have you always known the machine with this problem ? In the second case, did you check in the menu/adjustments/game specific that the option "Disable glove" (or "Glove enabled" or sthing like that) is well parameterized,i.e. the glove is active ? When the glove has a failure, some owners disable the option, so the game is not disturbed by a malfunction.

You start the machine, no movement at all you wrote. When you go in test mode with the interlock closed, does the glove move or not at all, on either X and Y ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimy_speedt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-glove-test-home-failed?tu=jimy_speedt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.