New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 202247)

Johnny Mnemonic Glove Position

By HEAD_boss_HOG

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by cosmokramer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hey Pinsiders! I have a Johnny Pin and it works great. However, sometimes when I shoot the ball into the ejector hole for the glove to catch and place in the Lock, the glove will move away from the ejector hole, then the ball will be launched RIGHT INTO THE PLAYFIELD GLASS!!!

obviously I am worried about the ball breaking the glass. it hits very hard! anyway, does anyone know why this happens and how to rectify this issue?

most times, the glove is fine and grabs the ball, but sometimes it just wanders off the hole and the ball shoots right into the glass (probably about 10% of the time.

any input is appreciated

*Head Boss Hog

#2 2 years ago

Does the hand test work properly?

#3 2 years ago

There are 2 switches, one on the x axis that tells the hand where home position is the other switch is on the Y axis near the magnet that tells it where the hole is to catch the ball. The catch switch is either loose or broken. it could also be the home switch because it uses the home position to count turns to get to catch position. Clear as mud...huh?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from smaf:

Does the hand test work properly?

everything tests fine

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

everything tests fine

Hey buddy, do you want me to come take a look at it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 29.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside