New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 255169)

Johnny Mnemonic Glove adjustment

By allsportdvd

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by kvan99
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

77a64c224a0837f8f0904a2e5f3790b9adcdbc7e (resized).jpeg
4DAAFDCA-25B3-42C2-B77A-BD96004CDA29 (resized).jpeg

#1 11 months ago

Hi all
I can’t find help either on Pinside posts or the JM club regarding adjusting the glove up and down the Y axis
The glove will not move close enough towards the player to be able to drop a ball in the closest row of the matrix.
There is no error showing on startup or during gameplay.
How do I adjust the glove to be able to drop balls into all the rows?
Pic attached of how much space the glove can still move forward

4DAAFDCA-25B3-42C2-B77A-BD96004CDA29 (resized).jpeg
#2 11 months ago

Anyone???

#3 11 months ago

I dont own a JM so I might be wrong but shouldnt such adjustments be mentioned in the game manual?

If you don't have it go to ipdb.org, search game and download manual.

#4 11 months ago

Not anywhere in the manual that I can see. Just how the assembly fits together which I’ve done

#5 11 months ago

I may be able to help you but before you get started use a scribe or a paint marker and mark the current location of the brackets on the side that attaches the magnet to the hand. Make sure you do this so if you screw up moving and adjusting everything you'll have a starting point to return to....
The height and slope of the bracket on top of the switch along with the side switch itself is what triggers where the glove stops....
The theory is that the computer will count how many times the rod (corkscrew) turns to get to top of the VUK to capture the ball....once it learns that position then it knows how many turns it takes to find it again after you manually move the glove around during game play.....the trick is you have adjust the hand by using that bracket and slope of the switch to have the switch trigger on when it's above the VUK. You can adjust the switch by slightly moving that bracket up and down, you can also slope it....alternatively you can move the switch up and down instead. Either way the idea is to trigger the switch when the magnet is above the VUK............I hope I didn't confuse too much.

#6 11 months ago

To clarify you see the 2 arrows, the yellow one is pointing to where the screws are in the slotted holes. The blue one is pointing to the bracket's location...is it sitting flush or is there a gap...also is it straight or slightly sloped...you need to mark all of that. (the screw location should suffice but take pics or note the bracket's location anyway)
77a64c224a0837f8f0904a2e5f3790b9adcdbc7e (resized).jpeg

#7 11 months ago

Thanks for this mate, I think it was very helpful. I pulled this bracket off and readjusted it and did get a ball to drop into all 3 rows. Want to do some further testing but thanks again

#8 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks for this mate, I think it was very helpful. I pulled this bracket off and readjusted it and did get a ball to drop into all 3 rows. Want to do some further testing but thanks again

Good deal...hope you get it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 16.00
$ 29.00
Boards
PinSound

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside