Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I am considering trading my JM for Last Action Hero. JM is in good shape but the glove makes some noise on the return. The proposed trade is that game + 200 for a fully shopped Last Action Hero. I enjoy both games but when it comes to value would I be crazy to do this?

#2 11 years ago

Did you try flipping your X or Y nut to see if the noise goes away? If not it could just be a dry gear bearing inside the gearbox. I've read on RGP people taking it apart, flushing out the old grease and debris out and added some lithium grease and that fixed their noise problem.

I think both games are about the same value if in similar condition. Have you spent much time playing Last Action Hero? I really enjoy my JM and think it is one of the fastest games I have ever played with great flow. How is the cab on your JM, is there any fade?

#3 11 years ago

You could also get the Matrix rom mod for JM coming out...then its like 2 games in 1! Or trade me for ww + cash depending on your price for jm.

#4 11 years ago

I have only played Last Action Hero a few times but enjoyed it alot. I agree JM is a fast game and very deep. The cab has some fade on one side 40% and on the front but the other side is about 80%. The playfield is super clean on the JM and backglass is good also.

Quoted from northvibe:

You could also get the Matrix rom mod for JM coming out...then its like 2 games in 1! Or trade me for ww + cash depending on your price for jm.

I had not heard about the mod. Waterworld looks like it has a deep playfield but since I do not know much about working on the newer Gottlieb pins I am going to stay away for the time being. But I would be open to other trades with cash +/-.

#5 11 years ago

I've got a Rollercoaster Tycoon up for trade.

-j

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from PinRaider:

I have only played Last Action Hero a few times but enjoyed it alot. I agree JM is a fast game and very deep. The cab has some fade on one side 40% and on the front but the other side is about 80%. The playfield is super clean on the JM and backglass is good also.
northvibe said:You could also get the Matrix rom mod for JM coming out...then its like 2 games in 1! Or trade me for ww + cash depending on your price for jm.
I had not heard about the mod. Waterworld looks like it has a deep playfield but since I do not know much about working on the newer Gottlieb pins I am going to stay away for the time being. But I would be open to other trades with cash +/-.

system 3 is pretty darn reliable from what I hear/read and now have. It has a bunch of new parts and rom (in the mail) but I understand if you aren't familiar. I have FT but not sure I want to trade it yet, still haven't had much play on it. If you sell (cash) JM let me know what you want.

#7 11 years ago

You should contact Ssathre in Sioux city. I am pretty sure he made the exact opposite trade and traded his LAH for a JM.

#8 11 years ago

I think the JM will keep going up in value while the last action hero will only drop.

#9 11 years ago

Value-wise it's probably not a great deal.

#10 11 years ago

And what's this matrix mod?

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

And what's this matrix mod?

And how can I get it?

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think the JM will keep going up in value while the Last Action Hero will only drop.

I really don't see any DMD pins over 10 years old droping in price and can't imagine what would make someone think they would.

#13 11 years ago

As I've said before:

LAH = deepest machine of the 90s

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I really don't see any DMD pins over 10 years old droping in price and can't imagine what would make someone think they would.

The fact it's a Data East versus a W/B?

Quoted from Atomicboy:

As I've said before:
LAH = deepest machine of the 90s

It's true people, he's said it before and means it! I'm not a Data East fan but I would take a LAH over a JM.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from PinRaider:

markmon said:And what's this matrix mod?
And how can I get it?

It isnt out yet and there is an update.....
http://www.pinnovating.com/projects_jm.htm

#16 11 years ago

Ok. Any idea what this "demoman on steroids" is?

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Ok. Any idea what this "demoman on steroids" is?

it is a redo of the code, enhancing the car shot, new modes, etc.

#18 11 years ago

Video:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-for-last-action-hero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.