You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
74335192-814A-4432-BDA9-365173139921 (resized).jpeg
A57B2D6D-11A5-4E3F-877A-6BACA366EBEF (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Had a friend drop off his JM. It was still wrapped in shrink wrap, so he never tested the game when he bought it. I unwrapped it, turn it on and even with the door closed I keep getting the "Coin Door Open" alert. Open the game up and I noticed nothing is plugged into the switches. Also there is one wire hanging that I'm assuming plugs into the switch somewhere, and that wire looks to be modified where it has combined 2 wires into 1 (see pic). This is the only wire hanging by the way. I've tried plugging the wire into each of the 8 options on the switch, but nothing.

Another issue, which I believe will be resolved once the coin door issue is resolved is that the menu buttons don't work. Every time you press them it refers to the coin door being open.

Can someone advise me on where this wire should be plugged into, or how I can completely bypass it?

74335192-814A-4432-BDA9-365173139921 (resized).jpeg74335192-814A-4432-BDA9-365173139921 (resized).jpegA57B2D6D-11A5-4E3F-877A-6BACA366EBEF (resized).jpegA57B2D6D-11A5-4E3F-877A-6BACA366EBEF (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

They go on the bottom switch as shown.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

They go on the bottom switch as shown.
[quoted image]

Hmm. Well I only have 1 wire.

#4 4 years ago

Page 3-23 in your manual shows a Green-red and White-brown for the slam tilt (J5, pins 12-13), are those the two wires you have tied together?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Hmm. Well I only have 1 wire.

You have both wires, in your picture someone twisted the green-red and white-red wires together...this would read as your coin door always being closed and prevent you from using your coin door buttons.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Had a friend drop off his JM. It was still wrapped in shrink wrap, so he never tested the game when he bought it. I unwrapped it, turn it on and even with the door closed I keep getting the "Coin Door Open" alert. Open the game up and I noticed nothing is plugged into the switches. Also there is one wire hanging that I'm assuming plugs into the switch somewhere, and that wire looks to be modified where it has combined 2 wires into 1 (see pic). This is the only wire hanging by the way. I've tried plugging the wire into each of the 8 options on the switch, but nothing.
Another issue, which I believe will be resolved once the coin door issue is resolved is that the menu buttons don't work. Every time you press them it refers to the coin door being open.
Can someone advise me on where this wire should be plugged into, or how I can completely bypass it?[quoted image][quoted image]

Separate the wires and the coin door will noe be OPEN. Twisted together is Coin Door CLOSED. Attach them to the coin door switch and see if that switch is good or bad oe use a multimeter and test the switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 37.50
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-coin-door-open-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.