image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I just picked up a real clean johnny mnemonic that's all chromed out and has different cabinet art from the others. The fella I bought it from said it was a limited edition #1 of 2 made. He stated it came from some big pinball collector out of Chicago. I can't find any information of on this, can anybody help me out on this claim?

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

#2 8 years ago

I'm not positive, but I believe those were made by Great American Pinball or GAP as he is known on here. I think I remember him listing those a while back.

#3 8 years ago

Looks like mine - I know PINSIDE member Skypilot did the restore - maybe he could chime in?image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#4 8 years ago

I like the black treatment on your pin, is that a homemade topper or official?

#5 8 years ago

Powder coated black trim is nice. I like the chrome on yours as well. There never was an "official" topper for JM. I got it from a guy on here that made them. Yours topper is neat too - does it light up?
image.jpgimage.jpg

#6 8 years ago

It does, it changes a ton of colors and different modes like flash or cycle via a remote I have. I know mine is a custome deal, not official. I didn't know much about Johnny machines other than it's affordable and fun to play.

#7 8 years ago

How much was great American pinball selling the JMs for?

#9 8 years ago

Looks like he was selling a chrome one for $6,500.00 (remember they are a retail store) now how much he ended up getting is another question.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/latest-project-cjm

#10 8 years ago

Wow! Looks like this particular pin caused a big controversy! Anyway, I love my new pin, it's clean and plays like a new machine.

#11 8 years ago

The artwork was bootleg from a few years back. I believe it is still floating around.

Quoted from PinRob:

Looks like mine

Missed that pin enough had to get another.

IMG_1224.jpgIMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1223.jpgIMG_1223.jpg

#12 8 years ago

Love that dmd cover EVERY Johnny should have one!

Quoted from Skypilot:

The artwork was bootleg from a few years back. I believe it is still floating around.

Missed that pin enough had to get another.

IMG_1224.jpg IMG_1223.jpg

#13 8 years ago

Love this one too. THAT'S what makes it a LE!!

Quoted from PinRob:

Powder coated black trim is nice. I like the chrome on yours as well. There never was an "official" topper for JM. I got it from a guy on here that made them. Yours topper is neat too - does it light up?
image.jpg

#14 8 years ago

Bud or anyone know where i could get that Crazy Bobs Topper....pretty cool!

#15 8 years ago

There is a real shortage of toppers......someone should make more!!!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Love that dmd cover EVERY Johnny should have one!

I just had a chance to put it in last night. It is a fantastic upgrade to JM. Nicely done Adam.

#17 8 years ago

Holy cow, attack from mars and twilight zone!! You have a sweet set up! I like that color DMD in your johnny pin. So funny, everybody seems to have their pins in the basement.

My JM topper would be easy to replicate, I would guess any sign shop could make it, it's just plexi-glass that's etched and has LED lighting at the bottom. If you were serious about getting one done up, I'd trace out mine for you and send it to you. You could also order the "crazy Bobs" placard for JM and take it to a sign shop and have them scale it up for pattern to whatever size topper you want.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 29.00
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-1-of-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.