1709F238-77C1-4158-A388-E306F0918287 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-06-12 081332 (resized).jpg
61I1yamDk2L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
IMG_3418 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
John Wick (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
229B9757-CEBC-4CF3-9144-9106FDB1A7C6 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 92.
#4451 27 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

My previous best was only like 130 mil. Hit in that area a bunch of times but couldn't quite break through. Had 2 other very good players from out of town stop in at separate times, one did 145 mil, and then another did 190 mil. I couldn't bear to be 3rd on the leaderboard lol. It took me a decent number of games but I finally had that one where everything came together on Saturday. I agree, the game is tough, and current code does not lend itself well for many high scoring opportunities. I'm sure that will change in the future, thats why I have a glimmer of hope for the game. 60 mill is not a terrible score by any means with the game currently. Its brutal! Trust me, I have plenty of games that end up in the 20 mil-60 mil range, especially in tournament play lol, so you're doing allright for yourself

I have played about 15 on the pro and have to give you a round of applause for those scores. I hit 92 and was doing cartwheels. It was a pretty long game. I like this game because it seems tougher to shoot/score than recent Sterns. It reminds me of Turtles. I hope the code works out but I get it that it will not be a special game. Serviceable at best. Just my opinion of course.

#4452 27 days ago

I also agree the Pro car outperforms the Prem/LE car for now. Hopefully they can change that for the ballers that threw down on it.

#4453 27 days ago

I stopped in the Pool hall to play the Wick Pro .. They had their Sunday pin tournament going on so I had to wait . Good top players were scoring 40 million to 80 million . They finished , so I began . First game , 9 million . second game , 148 Million and I had drained my one extra ball immediately . I am not sure why I did so well but the mutiballs kept coming , lights were lighting and the ramps were burning up and the Knocker went off .
I stopped right there , called it a Great Day and handed off the free game to the bystander …
I have a Wick Le that should be delivering this week .I thinks its going to be “ A Wonderful Life “
Lucky Me !

#4454 26 days ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Well, I played the premium last week.
I have never seen a Wick movie so I was not excited about the theme.
But, wow, I think this game is a lot of fun. And it has a great flow. And the rules so far are good.

You are probably at at advantage by not watching the films, and loving the pin for what it currently offers. Ig is bliss. I’ve seen the films and have yet to play it. I’d rather be in your court sir!

#4455 26 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I also agree the Pro car outperforms the Prem/LE car for now. Hopefully they can change that for the ballers that threw down on it.

What do you want them to do?

Make it…drift more ?

#4456 26 days ago

Custom John Wick pinball banner now available in my Pinside store. Free US shipping included. Cheers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1505-duke-pinball/10823-john-wick-pinball-banner-24-x-62-free-us-shipping

IMG_4372 (resized).jpegIMG_4372 (resized).jpegIMG_4373 (resized).jpegIMG_4373 (resized).jpeg

#4457 26 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Make it…drift more ?

Yea, more or less...

#4458 26 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Make it…drift more ?

No it should drift less, and bop the ball back at you. Well, I mean ideally it should do both - Be able to bop and drift.

I have to agree with Koss and others, the premium car sucks. Maybe they'll figure out some more crafty ways to utilize it with further code updates. The premium trunk is 100 times better than having the standup targets all the way over on the side though IMO. I'm still kind of torn whether I like pro or premium better. The drop target is an incredibly dangerous shot, I don't really like it. I do like the ball lock though. Seems like each version has major pros and cons over each other and I'm not sure which one comes out ahead. More reasons I'm not super hyped about this game I guess.

#4459 26 days ago

lol, I really don't get the hate for the premium car. The car skillshot is really cool, and hitting the car while it's drifted out is pretty fun. The pro does bounce back a bit more when it's hit head-on, but the premium does too just not as much, and I don't think there's that much of a difference to say the Pro is better.

#4460 26 days ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

lol, I really don't get the hate for the premium car. The car skillshot is really cool, and hitting the car while it's drifted out is pretty fun. The pro does bounce back a bit more when it's hit head-on, but the premium does too just not as much, and I don't think there's that much of a difference to say the Pro is better.

Its ok if you feel that way, but for me the skill shot is not that cool. Like whoaaa I short plunged and now the ball rests against the car for a second. Bashing the side of the car is sort of nice as it blocks an orbit and gives you an easier shot, but once again just not that exciting. I would love all those extra abilities though if it could also include the excitement that the pro version delivers with a strong kick back toward you. Just seems like we gave up the best part of the car for ~2 (arguably 1 tbh) other mediocre abilities instead of getting the total package

#4461 26 days ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

The way the car boops the ball back with a coil on the pro is just more fun that the different positions the premium car can be in

#4462 26 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The way the car boops the ball back with a coil on the pro is just more fun that the different positions the premium car can be in

I agree with you, I played both of them and the car is definitely more a satisfying shot on the pro versus the premium because of the kickback.

#4463 26 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay69:

Custom John Wick pinball banner now available in my Pinside store. Free US shipping included. Cheers.
https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1505-duke-pinball/10823-john-wick-pinball-banner-24-x-62-free-us-shipping
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome, nicely done.

#4464 26 days ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I agree with you, I played both of them and the car is definitely more a satisfying shot on the pro versus the premium because of the kickback.

Agree still wish it had the cool missing drop target. Whatever. A used pro at some point will help get past it.

#4465 25 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

Agree still wish it had the cool missing drop target. Whatever. A used pro at some point will help get past it.

The drop target that has an 80% chance of rocketing your ball STDM at mach speeds when you shoot it?

#4466 25 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The drop target that has an 80% chance of rocketing your ball STDM at mach speeds when you shoot it?

843B94C5-B8FA-4D7A-AC88-CCA5EF960FB5.gif843B94C5-B8FA-4D7A-AC88-CCA5EF960FB5.gif
#4467 25 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Make it…drift more ?

No, I just like the way the Pro moves more than the Prem. That’s all.

#4468 25 days ago

I can’t wait to play the new code tonorrow. It’s league playoff night .

#4469 23 days ago

Noticed this post standing out on both models.
Any reason it needed to be so large?
Looks like it was designed for a spotlight and they changed their mind.

AFC55E20-18C1-448B-87B5-6282EAF9B60A (resized).jpegAFC55E20-18C1-448B-87B5-6282EAF9B60A (resized).jpeg

#4470 23 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Probably just to prevent a ball from getting stuck there.

#4471 23 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

If you don't want to look at it, SkyKing2301 came up with a cool mod that replaces the stock coin and adds a leaning coin to the top of that stack that hides that area completely

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1282-rocket-city-pinball/11016-john-wick-coin-stack-upgrade-mod

#4472 23 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

It's not the post you should be pointing out... it's the wierd flashers there. The post is there to protect their backside from the VUK.

#4473 23 days ago

Was able to try the premium out recently. Drop target didn’t give me much peril. Right outlane still a vacuum. Not sure if it had new code - was Weds afternoon. It did seem to have a couple multiballs I got to pretty easily that I don’t think I saw in a few games on the pro. Didn’t know what I was doing and put up 115m on my first game.

#4474 23 days ago

Just moved up to first globally on wick premium on pindigo. This game needs code bad

Screenshot_20240621_223500_Pindigo (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240621_223500_Pindigo (resized).jpg
#4475 23 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The pro car's movement like a kickback is a nice addition but it looks a little odd for a car to do that imo. Premium car is way cooler and the ability to stage a ball from the left orbit and also block shots opens the door for some interesting programming. It's not even a close race for me which is better.

#4476 23 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Quoted from mdeslaur:

Probably just to prevent a ball from getting stuck there.

Quoted from Hootzq:

If you don't want to look at it, SkyKing2301 came up with a cool mod that replaces the stock coin and adds a leaning coin to the top of that stack that hides that area completely
https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1282-rocket-city-pinball/11016-john-wick-coin-stack-upgrade-mod

Having spent some time messing with this area, I agree with mdeslaur, I believe this hex spacer is here merely to prevent ball traps, as it could land in the 'cup' formed by the spotlight boards and the coin stack.

Thanks to Hootzq for mentioning my mod -- I have two versions, one includes a black hex sleeve to cover the spacer and make it blend into the black spotlight boards behind it. The other version perches an extra coin atop the stack, and fully hides that area.

#4477 18 days ago
Quoted from John1210:

The pro car's movement like a kickback is a nice addition but it looks a little odd for a car to do that imo. Premium car is way cooler and the ability to stage a ball from the left orbit and also block shots opens the door for some interesting programming. It's not even a close race for me which is better.

Wish I could play a premium and see the difference first hand.

Unfortunately no premium/LEs on location locally.

#4478 18 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

You are probably at at advantage by not watching the films, and loving the pin for what it currently offers. Ig is bliss. I’ve seen the films and have yet to play it. I’d rather be in your court sir!

You should watch the movies. I watched the first 3 movies and the 4th will be next week sometime. This is the best theme integration in awhile for stern

#4479 18 days ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

You should watch the movies. I watched the first 3 movies and the 4th will be next week sometime. This is the best theme integration in awhile for stern

and just keeps getting better with the newest code, much much more call outs, feel the vibe a lot more...

#4480 18 days ago

I know I'm beating a dead horse but there's no way this game is an example of great theme integration when Wick is only shown holding nunchakus or a sword. Really? That captures the essential John Wick theme? Stern must have watched different movies than me.

#4481 18 days ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I know I'm beating a dead horse but there's no way this game is an example of great theme integration when Wick is only shown holding nunchakus or a sword. Really? That captures the essential John Wick theme? Stern must have watched different movies than me.

Jesus, get over it! WHO CARES

#4482 18 days ago

Feels like I'm watching Shallow Hal.

#4483 18 days ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Been covered and covered and covered again. That was a license-holder mandate. Stern had no say in whether or not guns would be on the artwork. Let it go and enjoy the game!!!!

#4484 18 days ago
Quoted from sbmania:

So if Keanu is holding a gun instead of a sword on the translite the gameplay is better enlighten me!

#4485 18 days ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Been covered and covered and covered again. That was a license-holder mandate. Stern had no say in whether or not guns would be on the artwork. Let it go and enjoy the game!!!!

I agree the gun thing is old and stale but the game is not a great example of theme integration just yet regardless. Wow it plays a lot of clips...amazing. Jaws is much better and actually has some jaws related things going on under the glass. Classic example of owners hyping themselves up over a game they paid a lot of money for that is, at best, half baked right now in reality.

#4486 18 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I agree the gun thing is old and stale but the game is not a great example of theme integration just yet regardless. Wow it plays a lot of clips...amazing. Jaws is much better and actually has some jaws related things going on under the glass. Classic example of owners hyping themselves up over a game they paid a lot of money for that is, at best, half baked right now in reality.

Jaws, the game that doesn't even have the main character on the playfield? That Jaws?

#4487 18 days ago

I agree the lack of firearms in the game’s artwork is mondo silly (especially when there are plenty of guns in action on the display), but I just don’t find it to be much of a big deal. (Hell, I can’t even be bothered to swap out the crate plastic on my LE.)

To me, the real offensive parts of Wick are the lame mechs/toys, incomplete code, and batshit insane prices.

#4488 18 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I own both and Wick has me hitting start, the game is fast and exciting

#4489 18 days ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Jaws, the game that doesn't even have the main character on the playfield? That Jaws?

yeah the game that doesn't eat the ball, that one.

Quoted from Sluggo39:

I own both and Wick has me hitting start, the game is fast and exciting

Yeah I'm not surprised you feel that way

#4490 18 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

yeah the game that doesn't eat the ball, that one.

Yeah I'm not surprised you feel that way

Don’t know what to tell you I’m having fun.

#4491 18 days ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Unlike Wick’s lack of gun art, THAT does greatly annoy me. I’d like to get a Jaws someday, but the lack of Brody would always be an irritation.

#4492 18 days ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Unlike Wick’s lack of gun art, THAT does greatly annoy me. I’d like to get a Jaws someday, but the lack of Brody would always be an irritation.

the comparison is similar to wick, not on the table but is in some of the videos

#4493 18 days ago
Quoted from lakerone:

the comparison is similar to wick, not on the table but is in some of the videos

They wanted to make sure that kids explicitly opted in to the Brody experience with their $$

#4494 18 days ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Don’t know what to tell you I’m having fun.

Happy for you. Glad I got to have the fun and excitement of seeing and playing a brand new game and then getting extremely good at it and see everything in the game (which is very little) and then be able to realize its really just not good at all right now and it only cost me $62 so I don't have to make up imaginary fun times in my head to justify the money I spent. I even got to unbox it twice! Once for the pro and once for the Premium!

Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Meh you don't really miss him on the art, similar to Wick with no guns. You see and hear him plenty on the screen, so the lack of Roy's giant shnoz on the playfield is only a pretty minor annoyance at most. Plus his scenes are much more memorable. Its like hey remember when he said "chum some of this shit!" and not "hey remember when john wick shot his gun?" Very distinct and fun scenes and imagery compared to Wick, outside of a very small handful of good scenes from wick.

#4495 18 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Happy for you. Glad I got to have the fun and excitement of seeing and playing a brand new game and then getting extremely good at it and see everything in the game (which is very little) and then be able to realize its really just not good at all right now and it only cost me $62 so I don't have to make up imaginary fun times in my head to justify the money I spent. I even got to unbox it twice! Once for the pro and once for the Premium!

You’re a Treasure

#4496 18 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I agree the gun thing is old and stale but the game is not a great example of theme integration just yet regardless. Wow it plays a lot of clips...amazing. Jaws is much better and actually has some jaws related things going on under the glass. Classic example of owners hyping themselves up over a game they paid a lot of money for that is, at best, half baked right now in reality. Plus his scenes are much more memorable. Its like hey remember when he said "chum some of this shit!" and not "hey remember when john wick shot his gun?" Very distinct and fun scenes and imagery compared to Wick, outside of a very small handful of good scenes from wick.

This is entirely subjective, I know that Jaws is massive but that doesn't mean its a better/more memorable film. I saw Jaws once and never had interest to watch it again and I've watched the John wick series 3 or 4 times. To call the John Wick franchise lacking in imagery compared to Jaws is wild to me. Different people like different things. Not calling you out in particular but I feel like a lot of people that diss on the John Wick table don't like the movies or just straight up haven't seen them. The entire point of the John Wick movies is fast brutal action and I think they did a great job delivering that feeling with the theme integration. Doing jobs for the different factions, battling adversaries, the continental hotel, blood marker, custom speech from Ian McShane, etc. As a massive John Wick fan I think they nailed it. Not saying that means you suddenly have to love it and go spend $9000 on one but its just such a silly thing to bash the game for.

#4497 18 days ago

Like Sluggo39, I own both Jaws and Wick. Yes, the Wick code is incomplete. Everybody knows that. That’s been the Stern playbook for several years now. And, predictably, people have shit on the games until the code is complete (or at least up to 1.0). Then when the code is complete, people scream about what a great game it is. Nothing new here. Rinse and repeat.

I bought Bond, Godzilla and Rush Premiums with early codes and I enjoyed them then to the same extent that I’m enjoying my Wick Premium now. I know the code will make it better, but right now I’m having a ton of fun on it as it is. Same with Jaws.

I don’t understand why certain people want to belittle those of us who are enjoying our games. Yes, we paid a lot of money for them. And no, we’re not trying to justify our purchase by convincing ourselves we like it when we really shouldn’t. We knew what we were doing when we bought them, and we did so willingly. In my case, I’ve done it over and over because these boxes of lights bring me a lot of joy.

If you don’t like the game, I don’t care. And I don’t need to hear how much you think I wasted my money!

#4498 18 days ago
Quoted from Hootzq:

This is entirely subjective, I know that Jaws is massive but that doesn't mean its a better/more memorable film.

As you said, art being inherently subjective, there's no such thing a truly "better" film, but ask 100 film critics and 100 of them will tell you Jaws is better & more memorable than John Wick.

Quoted from Hootzq:

To call the John Wick franchise lacking in imagery compared to Jaws is wild to me.

Wild? Jaws has some of the most iconic visual moments in cinema history, still referenced & revered almost 50 years later. To be frank, it's like someone saying South Park is a better pin than Godzilla. They aren't "wrong," pinball just isn't their thing. They laugh when it farts.

#4499 18 days ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

If you don’t like the game, I don’t care. And I don’t need to hear how much you think I wasted my money!

Should probably stick to the owners thread in that case.

#4500 18 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

As you said, art being inherently subjective, there's no such thing a truly "better" film, but ask 100 film critics and 100 of them will tell you Jaws is better & more memorable than John Wick.

Wild? Jaws has some of the most iconic visual moments in cinema history, still referenced & revered almost 50 years later. To be frank, this is like someone saying South Park is a better pin than Godzilla. They aren't "wrong," pinball just isn't their thing. They laugh when it farts.

Obviously Jaws is the more iconic film there's no debating that. I was just saying that personally Jaws does nothing for me but I'm not in the Jaws thread telling people it sucks and their opinions are wrong. My argument was in response to them saying that the Wick movies lack imagery and the pinball has poor theme integration which is just simply not true. Also think you might be surprised by the amount of people that prefer John Wick to Jaws as a film. The audience score/rating for Jaws is a 90% and the rating for John Wick 4 is a 93%. Again not saying that means that John Wick 4 is the greatest movie ever made and Jaws sucks, just saying that for me personally John Wick is much more enjoyable. I am also probably half the age of most people in the community though and have no nostalgia for Jaws so that probably doesn't help lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
PinShades

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Harrison, TN
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 17.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,699.00
Pinball Machine
JOHN WICK PREMIUM Pre-order!
Quality Billiards

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Reflex Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pin-Tools.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
8,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Dr Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.