1709F238-77C1-4158-A388-E306F0918287 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-06-12 081332 (resized).jpg
61I1yamDk2L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
IMG_3418 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
John Wick (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
229B9757-CEBC-4CF3-9144-9106FDB1A7C6 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 92.
#4401 34 days ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:Yes, I ordered an LE. But why does that matter? The game is fun, that's what matters

Congrats and good on you!

#4402 34 days ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Yes, I ordered an LE. But why does that matter? The game is fun, that's what matters

Exactly.

#4403 34 days ago

My John wick pro is for sale. $6800
Or best offer. My LE showed up no longer need the pro if anyone is interested

#4404 34 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Some people know how to draw a hard line! Mad respect!

Tried it at the northwest show, about 10 times. It shot pretty good. I liked the callouts. I looked at the screen only to see my score and ball count, so never appreciated the video assets. While playing, you really couldn’t tell there was a lack of guns.

My kids put wick on the bottom of the top 5 games list, which was pretty high. They liked the speed it plays at.

#4406 33 days ago
Quoted from Doctoroctos:

Tried it at the northIwest show, about 10 times. It shot pretty good. I liked the callouts. I looked at the screen only to see my score and ball count, so never appreciated the video assets. While playing, you really couldn’t tell there was a lack of guns.
My kids put wick on the bottom of the top 5 games list, which was pretty high. They liked the speed it plays at.

I had my first play on a John Wick at the NW pinball arcade, too. I agree, it shoots really well. There were a lot more shots to it, then the impression that I got from watching the Stern official videos. Not crazy about the theme, but that is a definitely a game that I would keep coming back to. Best game out since Elton John, IMO.

#4407 33 days ago
Quoted from pinbadger:

Played Wick premium and pro, and Jaws premium and pro all for the first time today. I liked Wick pro best of the 4.

Why‘d you say the Pro is better then the Premium?

#4408 31 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Why‘d you say the Pro is better then the Premium?

I liked the car kick back better on the pro and didn’t notice the opening medallion during play on prem. The opening crate was more noticeable but not very exciting. Also I had more balls lost down the middle when exiting the club on premium (where the pro seemed to guide balls off to the right). I might miss the physical ball lock on the pro but it just felt better on the two machines I played. I think the pro also looked better in person although I like the art on both.

#4409 31 days ago

Hype levels would have been off the chart with this prototype ball lock. Instead we got a tiny exposed metal bracket as a ball lock for nearly $10k - $13k...

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/pedretti-gaming-shows-off-funhouse-remake-on-the-line-changes-to-stern-pinball-s-john-wick-during-d

Screenshot 2024-06-12 081332 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2024-06-12 081332 (resized).jpg

#4410 31 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hype levels would have been off the chart with this prototype ball lock. Instead we got a tiny exposed metal bracket as a ball lock for nearly $10k - $13k...

We would have just had the "I hate all upper PFs before I even experience them" people out in droves

#4411 31 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/pedretti-gaming-shows-off-funhouse-remake-on-the-line-changes-to-stern-pinball-s-john-wick-during-d
[quoted image]

Because people loved the sling shot flippers on WWE so much

#4412 31 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

That upper playfield is on a whole other level!

#4413 31 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

So you would have bought one if it had an upper playfield?

#4414 31 days ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Surely the Panzer BOM excel spreadsheet evaluation on whether or not the game was fun enough to justify the price would have at least changed some numbers

#4415 31 days ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Possibly depending on how the final version of it turned out. I'm looking to add another game and enjoy the John Wick movies. The premium / LE as is doesn't have enough in it for me to warrant a purchase.

For these prices the physical ball lock in the premium / LE should be in the pro and the upper playfield in the premium / LE.

#4416 31 days ago
Quoted from pinbadger:

I liked the car kick back better on the pro and didn’t notice the opening medallion during play on prem. The opening crate was more noticeable but not very exciting. Also I had more balls lost down the middle when exiting the club on premium (where the pro seemed to guide balls off to the right). I might miss the physical ball lock on the pro but it just felt better on the two machines I played. I think the pro also looked better in person although I like the art on both.

Could they code more of a bash effect on the premium car? I only played the pro so I can't really compare just yet. In the video the delayed turn sliding of the premium car didn't appear to be as satisfying as the pro car bash back. Hopefully I can find a premium soon to play.

#4417 31 days ago

John Wick is an interesting pin. I don't hate it, but I don't really like it either. I was able to play it here locally for a while, and if I didn't know it was John Wick I would have thought it was a Fast & the Furious pin.

The car sounds are abundant and while it has a night time feel to the theme, it lacks a violent feel to the theme.

So all-in-all, it's an OK pin, because it shoots really well, but feels like a different theme then what it actually is...to me. Also, the toys & art are just starting to look too cheesy. I don't know why everything has to be a cartoon art with Stern now.

#4418 31 days ago
Quoted from clearstar:

John Wick is an interesting pin. I don't hate it, but I don't really like it either. I was able to play it here locally for a while, and if I didn't know it was John Wick I would have thought it was a Fast & the Furious pin.
The car sounds are abundant and while it has a night time feel to the theme, it lacks a violent feel to the theme.
So all-in-all, it's an OK pin, because it shoots really well, but feels like a different theme then what it actually is...to me. Also, the toys & art are just starting to look too cheesy. I don't know why everything has to be a cartoon art with Stern now.

That’s what makes this hobby so much fun. Everybody has different opinions. Personally I think the JW pin fully captures the feel of the movies: the gunshot and car sounds, the fast pace, nighttime/dark ambiance, the callouts by Winston, the movie clips, the mechs, etc. The other night I played my Premium after watching John Wick Part 2 and I felt like I was in the movie. It was a tremendous amount of fun. And the code updates will only make it better. I’m glad as hell I decided to get this game.

#4419 30 days ago
Quoted from clearstar:

I don't know why everything has to be a cartoon art with Stern now.

You don‘t know what cartoon art is.

1709F238-77C1-4158-A388-E306F0918287 (resized).jpeg1709F238-77C1-4158-A388-E306F0918287 (resized).jpeg
#4420 30 days ago

Don't start me on the funko pop shit....I'd shoot the inventor of that without blinking

#4421 30 days ago

Yep, its true !

shorty (resized).jpgshorty (resized).jpg
#4422 30 days ago

Ordered my pro. I love the whole world the franchise created. Not wanted a pin so bad since the last one :0)

#4423 30 days ago
Quoted from pinbadger:

my premium almost always goes to the right, just a rare one here and there, was the premium balanced....the ball ticks of the bumper stop to move it, maybe that wasn't aligned.

#4424 30 days ago
Quoted from lakerone:

my premium almost always goes to the right, just a rare one here and there, was the premium balanced....the ball ticks of the bumper stop to move it, maybe that wasn't aligned.

Yes I can say from experience on both pro and premium that the ball will dribble STDM much more easily if the game is not pitched and leveled correctly. Same thing with the right orbit on a fast shot. Had this problem on the pro until we spent some time leveling everything, and again on the premium the same thing.

The ball can catch an unfortunate roll in some instances no matter what, but its much more rare when properly setup and it is not exclusive to the pro or premium.

#4425 29 days ago

Had a pro and LE all to myself tonight. I also prefer the pro. They look nearly identical at a glance because the LE really lacks any sort of premium feeling, especially compared to the nearby Jaws LE. The weapons crate makes much more sense on the LE but is still just sort of a dull brown rectangle. The ball lock is an unsatisfying dead end. My favorite part is hearing Ian McShane.

#4426 29 days ago

I think a pro and then adding expression lights might be good.

#4427 29 days ago

Third time playing wick and it finally clicked! Well, what’s there anyway. There’s potential here for a real fun game to play. I like the shots and layout, it’s just too bad this is my least favorite Stern as far as mechs go. Cars ok, building is a stagnant light box, crate is, well, a crate, and a couple lit fingerprints. I can’t purchase this game new. If it was a huge theme for me I would be on the fence waiting on a big update, but it’s not so I shall wait and see what’s up next.

#4428 29 days ago
Quoted from KJS:

Don't start me on the funko pop shit....I

Yep, its true !
[quoted image]

WTF is that? looks like a John Wick on a stick! woow.

#4429 29 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yes I can say from experience on both pro and premium that the ball will dribble STDM much more easily if the game is not pitched and leveled correctly. Same thing with the right orbit on a fast shot. Had this problem on the pro until we spent some time leveling everything, and again on the premium the same thing.
The ball can catch an unfortunate roll in some instances no matter what, but its much more rare when properly setup and it is not exclusive to the pro or premium.

No different than Ghostbusters Prem. Rinse and repeat

#4430 29 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Third time playing wick and it finally clicked! Well, what’s there anyway. There’s potential here for a real fun game to play. I like the shots and layout, it’s just too bad this is my least favorite Stern as far as mechs go. Cars ok, building is a stagnant light box, crate is, well, a crate, and a couple lit fingerprints. I can’t purchase this game new. If it was a huge theme for me I would be on the fence waiting on a big update, but it’s not so I shall wait and see what’s up next.

I'm waiting for code, the theme is just ok but the game has a lot of potential to be very fun. Mechs on the pro would be good enough for me with added ELs for $500. I'm safe from Harry Potter, zero interest, especially at $12,000.

#4431 28 days ago

Played about 20 games on the pro and 10 on the premium so far.
Pro all the way.
Cabinet artwork is so much better on the pro in my opinion.
Blood Marker. You don't notice much cuz of the speed of the game anyway.
Drop target at the entrance of the club is the only major plus on the premium IMO. Block the entrance and lock a ball in the club, really cool.
Physical lock feels meh. It is not like a satisfying shot and it does cut the gameplay. There is an annoying delay that you don't have on the pro. Might be fixed in a future update. We'll see.
Car. The kicker of the pro feels much better. The turnaround car is cool but does happen one in what 5 times. So the car is static and unreacting like 80% of the time. On the pro it's kicking back at you everytime. Or at least moving even if the ball did fly away.
Crate. Pluses ans minuses on both. Prefer the pro as it's an harder shot. The downside is when you shoot from the left flipper, it goes in the vuk everytime and it's coming back at the right flipper where you can ski pass with a slight nudge and repeat. Feels wood chopping a little bit. The premium block the vuk on the plus side. But it is too easy and too in the way. The opening thing feels gimmicky and gets old really quickly.

That's my feeling right now. Code might help in some ways, we'll see. Would probably not buy, but if I change my mind, will be the pro.

#4432 27 days ago

Tried a Wick out for the first time today. Pro. Speaking strictly on a playfield layout perspective I was impressed. The pop bumper area seemed like a little dead spot to me but I’m really excited to see the software development on this game.

#4433 27 days ago

Seems as this hype thread is going to be an owners thread! I can’t change the title of it or else the moderators will keep changing it!

#4434 27 days ago

There cannot be 2 owners threads.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/john-wick-owner-s-club-yeah#post-8177054

4774BDB7-B7B5-400B-B3CF-129878376C9A.gif4774BDB7-B7B5-400B-B3CF-129878376C9A.gif

#4435 27 days ago

Apollo18 well it seems there are more people in this hype thread than the owners thread! The owners thread hasn’t take off at all but I guess John Wick isn’t a very wanted title!

#4436 27 days ago
Quoted from blizz81:

We would have just had the "I hate all upper PFs before I even experience them" people out in droves

I do think it's fair to say that upper playfields are something that are tricky to get right, or that people who don't like them make some valid points.*

*To the extent that any point about a subjective medium can be valid

#4437 27 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Tie one on again last night, did ya! BTW I'm the Master of Disaster!

Nice! Yeah I only post when slammed. Well until next week. Ain’t nobody got time for that when getting a six pack normal at 47. I’m going to eat every fucking chicken and rooster I see after that!

#4439 26 days ago
Quoted from Gamingrulin:

Apollo18 well it seems there are more people in this hype thread than the owners thread! The owners thread hasn’t take off at all but I guess John Wick isn’t a very wanted title!

This is just how hype vs owners threads work.

#4440 26 days ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Nice! Yeah I only post when slammed. Well until next week. Ain’t nobody got time for that when getting a six pack normal at 47. I’m going to eat every fucking chicken and rooster I see after that!

Profound !

#4441 26 days ago

played more this weekend. Still don't like the game. Put up 309 million though. Still holding out hope that code will salvage this thing into something decent but I'm really not a fan of much of what this game has to offer.

#4442 26 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

played more this weekend. Still don't like the game. Put up 309 million though. Still holding out hope that code will salvage this thing into something decent but I'm really not a fan of much of what this game has to offer.

Good news is you don't have to like every game. It's A-OK!

People take such big offence to someone not liking a game. I disliked Jurassic Park for a long time before I liked it and then eventually bought it.

#4443 26 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Good news is you don't have to like every game. It's A-OK!
People take such big offence to someone not liking a game. I disliked Jurassic Park for a long time before I liked it and then eventually bought it.

yeah but dude, theres just not much to like about this game. I think people are excited because its new or the classic case of "I spent 7-13k on this so its a good game". I know my first handful of plays I felt like there was some good here, but now that I have a ton of plays under my belt all the freshness of a brand new game has worn off and I'm just left with a hollow feeling every time I play it. I'd rather be playing most of the other games at this location. I mean, don't get me wrong, its really not horrible theres plenty of worse games, but its one of the weakest entries in the spike 2 series in a long time. I'm still holding out hope that code saves it like with Bond, so I'm not going to condemn it yet. Sheesh I can't imagine paying anywhere near MSRP for this thing though.

#4444 26 days ago

Well, I played the premium last week.
I have never seen a Wick movie so I was not excited about the theme.
But, wow, I think this game is a lot of fun. And it has a great flow. And the rules so far are good.

#4445 26 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:played more this weekend. Still don't like the game. Put up 309 million though. Still holding out hope that code will salvage this thing into something decent but I'm really not a fan of much of what this game has to offer.

Quoted from Haymaker:

Quoted from Haymaker:

yeah but dude, theres just not much to like about this game. I think people are excited because it’s new or the classic case of "I spent 7-13k on this so it’s a good game". I know my first handful of plays I felt like there was some good here, but now that I have a ton of plays under my belt all the freshness of a brand new game has worn off and I'm just left with a hollow feeling every time I play it. I'd rather be playing most of the other games at this location. I mean, don't get me wrong, its really not horrible theres plenty of worse games, but its one of the weakest entries in the spike 2 series in a long time. I'm still holding out hope that code saves it like with Bond, so I'm not going to condemn it yet. Sheesh I can't imagine paying anywhere near MSRP for this thing though.

. Move on then, if you don’t like it stop wasting so much of your money and energy on it.

#4446 26 days ago

I've played both the Pro and Premium now. If you're looking to buy I think the Pro would be good enough. The only thing I'd really miss from the Premium is the drop target and the physical ball lock. the weapons case, blood oath marker, and drifting car didn't really add much for me. The game is fun and a good shooter but will probably be somewhat forgettable once the newness wears off. It's not a bad game but it isn't one I'd feel compelled to buy unless I loved the theme or was desperate to buy a new game. I'm looking forward to playing it more on location and seeing how the code develops.

#4447 26 days ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

. Move on then, if you don’t like it stop wasting so much of your money and energy on it.

Why? I gotta get good at it to play it in tournament, plus I wanted to be grand champ and top of the monthly leaderboard. Now that I've accomplished setting GC and topping the leaderboard for a month (assuming nobody passes me) I can take a bit of a break. Plus I help the operator dial in and tune his games and report any issues so we can have nice playing games in our tournaments. Also, the launch party is this weekend, which I would like to win, so unfortunately I am often stuck playing games I don't particularly care for. Its not even a gripe though, its just my thoughts as I get intimately familiar with every game I can. This is the cost of b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ trying to be good at pinball

#4448 26 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Why? I gotta get good at it to play it in tournament, plus I wanted to be grand champ and top of the monthly leaderboard. Now that I've accomplished setting GC and topping the leaderboard for a month (assuming nobody passes me) I can take a bit of a break. Plus I help the operator dial in and tune his games and report any issues so we can have nice playing games in our tournaments. Also, the launch party is this weekend, which I would like to win, so unfortunately I am often stuck playing games I don't particularly care for. Its not even a gripe though, its just my thoughts as I get intimately familiar with every game I can. This is the cost of being good at pinball

Not to be rude, but I think you are above the average, maybe way above the average player, so there is probably many games that you might dominate, over 300m is pretty amazing, haven't played a ton yet, still dialing it in, but 60 is my top so far, between my viewing of posts on Pinside and facebook, I've seen maybe a couple say they hit 100.....much respect, someday I'll get there, love the slow burn, while waiting for code updates.

#4449 26 days ago
Quoted from lakerone:

Not to be rude, but I think you are above the average, maybe way above the average player, so there is probably many games that you might dominate, over 300m is pretty amazing, haven't played a ton yet, still dialing it in, but 60 is my top so far, between my viewing of posts on Pinside and facebook, I've seen maybe a couple say they hit 100.....much respect, someday I'll get there, love the slow burn, while waiting for code updates.

My previous best was only like 130 mil. Hit in that area a bunch of times but couldn't quite break through. Had 2 other very good players from out of town stop in at separate times, one did 145 mil, and then another did 190 mil. I couldn't bear to be 3rd on the leaderboard lol. It took me a decent number of games but I finally had that one where everything came together on Saturday. I agree, the game is tough, and current code does not lend itself well for many high scoring opportunities. I'm sure that will change in the future, thats why I have a glimmer of hope for the game. 60 mill is not a terrible score by any means with the game currently. Its brutal! Trust me, I have plenty of games that end up in the 20 mil-60 mil range, especially in tournament play lol, so you're doing allright for yourself

#4450 26 days ago
Quoted from lakerone:

watching it now, it's fascinating.....

this is awesome. glad to see mr. baffy getting some recognition via the stern dev shirts
great job bob!

for those that don't know, google "robert baffy"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
PinShades

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 17.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,699.00
Pinball Machine
JOHN WICK PREMIUM Pre-order!
Quality Billiards

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Reflex Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pin-Tools.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Akron, OH
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Dr Pinball

There are 4,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.