(Topic ID: 333825)

John Wick : Chapter 4 | Reviews/Discussion (spoilers allowed)

By Mr_Tantrum

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Gunnut40
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AFBA657D-91D9-483B-A51F-B2A217715F9A.gif
    JohnWick4_juliste_main-poster-scaled (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

John is a man of focus, commitment, and sheer will. These characteristics have never been more represented than in the fourth and final chapter of the Wick franchise.

JohnWick4_juliste_main-poster-scaled (resized).jpgJohnWick4_juliste_main-poster-scaled (resized).jpg

Just returned from seeing John Wick Chapter 4, and man it did not disappoint. Don't have too much time to get into it, but this was 2h40m actionfest that flew by, and it truly embodied the essence of the series. Not really a spoiler, but I will say that there was a fairly long scene where the camera was hovering above inside a building going from room to room following the gunfighting. Absolutely one of the coolest action sequences I've ever seen on film.

So much more to say, but for now just know that I left the movie 30 minutes ago and my heart is still racing! Cannot recommend it enough if you are a Wick fan. I saw it at a Cinemark in one of their XD theatres, and it was awesome both visually and auditorily.

I also really like the ending. I won't give it away yet, but I thought it was written and presented quite well.

BTW: I can't believe there isn't a John Wick pin being produced at this time. Hopefully, in the near future.

#2 1 year ago

Glad to hear! I saw this AM that the Seattle Times review gave it 3.5 out of 4 stars.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The Seattle Times review gave it 3.5 out of 4 stars.

Might be recency bias on my part, but personally I'm all in with 4 stars. Another thought that ran through my head is that the Schwarzenegger '80's action film kill-o-meter doesn't go high enough to measure the carnage in JW4.

#4 1 year ago

Hope to go see it with my dad this weekend. I have really enjoyed this series

#5 1 year ago

I’m sure we’ll see it in pinball form.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

I’m sure we’ll see it in pinball form.

in 20plus years , hoping for sooner !

wonder what the death count will be in this one ... simple but great entertainment!

#7 1 year ago

Hmm… I like the first one. 2 and 3 seemed like a hack slash. I probably won’t watch them again.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

Hmm… I like the first one. 2 and 3 seemed like a hack slash. I probably won’t watch them again.

I rewatched the first one last night, and it stands up as the introduction to the series. You can certainly tell the budget increased for JW4, and they went all out is several ways (locations, action sequences, cinematography, etc.)

Quoted from transprtr4u:

in 20plus years , hoping for sooner !
    wonder what the death count will be in this one ... simple but great entertainment!

I would disagree slightly in that the action is not simple, which is why I think it is so great. The movement of the actors, the weapons work, etc. are all highly choreographed.

The one thought that did run through my head a few times, if I was the 10th plus guy in line to get taken during one of the action sequences I think I would have had the smarts to somehow fade into the distance. I guess each person thinks the guy before him was the one to finally wear out Wick.

BTW, lots of head shots in this one (JW absolutely believes in double-tapping), so not for the squeamish.

#9 1 year ago

I would disagree slightly in that the action is not simple</blockquote

simple and fun to watch .... fully agree with you , just didn't word it correctly !

just saw a piece on him as a person ,seems like a nice guy and gives back tons

cant wait to capture #4 on my PVR

#10 1 year ago

Can't say that I often agree with professional movie reviewers, but this one nearly parallels my thoughts on John Wick 4: https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/john-wick-chapter-4-movie-review-2023

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

... wonder what the death count will be in this one ...

Estimated JW body counts by film:
    - JW1 | 77
    - JW2 | 128
    - JW3 | 94
    - JW4 | 140 (This seems woefully underestimated IMO, but I wasn't actually counting. Maybe this number doesn't include all of the people the "bad guys" killed.)

#12 1 year ago

After sleeping on it, I'm even more stoked about this movie. I can hardly wait to see it again (an extreme rarity for me).

#13 1 year ago

@transprtr4u, by all accounts Keanu is a humble man and a class act in real life.

#14 1 year ago

Was anyone else of service today by watching JW4? Curious what others thought about it.

#15 1 year ago

JW4 Production Budget: $100M

Opening Weekend Box Office: $137.5M
    - US | $73.5M
    - International | $64M

#1 in all 71 worldwide markets, and by far the most successful opening weekend of the Wick franchise

#16 1 year ago

Most are the same guys shot multiple times. Perhaps like pac man . Each guy gets 3 lives and comes back in another sequence…. I thought this movie a bore. No one else but wick can muster a head shot as to avoid his suit that has a collar that is bulletproof, how many times he raises his collar to avoid face shots . I lost count . Boring , his gun practice videos are more fun than this movie .

#17 1 year ago

If going to see JW4, stay for the post credit scene.

#18 1 year ago

One snipe shot from a short distance is all that was needed, movie over , wick dead

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:I rewatched the first one last night, and it stands up as the introduction to the series. You can certainly tell the budget increased for JW4, and they went all out is several ways (locations, action sequences, cinematography, etc.)

I would disagree slightly in that the action is not simple, which is why I think it is so great. The movement of the actors, the weapons work, etc. are all highly choreographed.
    The one thought that did run through my head a few times, if I was the 10th plus guy in line to get taken during one of the action sequences I think I would have had the smarts to somehow fade into the distance. I guess each person thinks the guy before him was the one to finally wear out Wick.
    BTW, lots of head shots in this one (JW absolutely believes in double-tapping), so not for the squeamish.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

One snipe shot from a short distance is all that was needed, movie over , wick dead

Funny, that could be the plot in nearly every action movie. Why not just have a sniper take out the main character in the first five minutes - now that's entertainment.

#20 1 year ago

Saw yesterday and loved it. Great ending and tied everything up nicely.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mank:

I didn’t….what did I miss?? Does he climb out of the grave?

#22 1 year ago

but not every single NEXT person showing up does not have to get in arms length or even have to advance, Sit back and while he was doing karate and shooting , Just snipe the one shot.

many of times in the movie it was like just stupid zombies moving forward on a conveyer belt getting shot one way or another . it is so close to being a Bollywood video . Please i was bored to tears after one shooting segment to another and was no longer even into it .
    i was like when are the people going to stop coming at him and shoot him in the shoe ,head or hands.Or are the shoes and socks bulletproof. ?

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Funny, that could be the plot in nearly every action movie. Why not just have a sniper take out the main character in the first five minutes - now that's entertainment.

I like Clint and Bronson films and none of them got to ridiculous as this John Wick Film was

#23 1 year ago

Spoiler John Wick kills over 100 people.

I loved it.

I like it 2nd best next to the first one.

#24 1 year ago

Glad you enjoyed it.
    Though if this is all JW has to offer im out if a 5 is made .

The first one was the only real good one for me

Quoted from hank527:Spoiler John Wick kills over 100 people.
    I loved it.
    I like it 2nd best next to the first one.

#25 1 year ago

Post credit scene. Not the greatest quality , but I missed it all together.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

I like Clint and Bronson films and none of them got to ridiculous as this John Wick Film was

Funny you should mention Clint, as Keanu admitted in an interview JW4 was loosely modeled after The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly with the central characters of Wick, Cain, and Mr. Nobody.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Was anyone else of service today by watching JW4? Curious what others thought about it.

Was of service on Saturday. Loved it. I did like 1 and 2 better. I am still haunted by that poor cuda.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mank:

I missed it. I heard it was alluding to a spin off.

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I missed it. I heard it was alluding to a spin off.

Two spin offs coming. The Continental will have its own show.

#30 1 year ago

The movie was great; I saw it on opening weekend.

I'm a massive fan of all four movies; I would love to see the theme used for a pin.

AFBA657D-91D9-483B-A51F-B2A217715F9A.gifAFBA657D-91D9-483B-A51F-B2A217715F9A.gif
    #31 1 year ago

Just saw it and thought it was very good. It’s a John Wick movie so you know what your going to get. Yeah it’s pretty incredulous how he isn’t shot dead when he fights off dozens of bad guys every few minutes, but then again, he is the Baba Yaga. Good entertainment.

#32 1 year ago

It's the bullet proof clothes. It's the falls that crack me up.

#33 1 year ago

Let’s just face it. The best Hollywood has to offer is a hack slash. Bunch of retards I wouldn’t trust with a potato gun!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.