Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 236 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by weapon76
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What old school theme do u want Stern/Jersey Jack to make next?”

• Back To The Future 126 votes
      32%
    • Die Hard 47 votes
      12%
    • Robo Cop 22 votes
      6%
    • ET 30 votes
      8%
    • Ferris Buellers Day Off 35 votes
      9%
    • Star Wars 122 votes
      31%
    • Aliens 31 votes
      8%
    • Rambo 21 votes
      5%
    • Beverly Hills Cop 19 votes
      5%

(Multiple choice - 397 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-3_(resized).jpeg
    bozo_the_clown2_650x300_a01_(resized).jpg
    transport_(resized).jpg
    ball_(resized).jpg
    Car_(resized).jpg
    51RvhejcpNL._AC_UL320_SR220,320__(resized).jpg
    Phantasam_(resized).jpg
    1280-road-warrior-mad-max-2jpg-b0aa0b_1280w_(resized).jpg
    madmaxroadwarriorprofondodellatenebrae_(resized).jpg
    2016-05-29-19-43-33--1605623462_(resized).jpeg
    2016-05-29-19-43-39-1433761398_(resized).jpeg
    MTI5MDAxODIzODg0NDA2NzU0_(resized).jpg
    1280-road-warrior-mad-max-2jpg-b0aa0b_1280w_(resized).jpg
    commando_022_(resized).jpg
    download_(resized).jpg
    teletubbies_(resized).jpg
    There are 236 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 8 years ago

Laguardias pinball takedown. Pinball shaped bash toy, roger sharpe skill shot. Saving pinball one ball at a time

download_(resized).jpgdownload_(resized).jpg

#202 8 years ago

GHOSTBUSTERS tha wwwwwwwwwinner!!!!

1 week later
    #203 7 years ago

Invaders from mars.

#204 7 years ago

I know that popular themes are usually the norm, but what about any sequels to original pinball themes? I know of a few like black knight, high speed, attack from mars. I think it would interesting with all of the new tech and rules sets.

#205 7 years ago

You are right bb,many,many,gimme, gimme!!!

1 month later
    #206 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Yesssssss!!!!!!!!

Iggy Pop? Right?

#207 7 years ago

Commando
    Mad Max
    dedicated Wrath of Khan pin

commando_022_(resized).jpgcommando_022_(resized).jpg

1280-road-warrior-mad-max-2jpg-b0aa0b_1280w_(resized).jpg1280-road-warrior-mad-max-2jpg-b0aa0b_1280w_(resized).jpg

MTI5MDAxODIzODg0NDA2NzU0_(resized).jpgMTI5MDAxODIzODg0NDA2NzU0_(resized).jpg

#208 7 years ago

Back to the Future, ZY art get MJF likeness and I'd take one to sit next to my Ghostbuster! Heck I would even accept a DMD for that 1985 retro feel - you lietening Stern? One more licence/pin you can squeeze a DMD that I'll happily buy , now I dare you to make it

#209 7 years ago

I think the time is prime to remake Back to the Future. Cult following and the age is prime to catch younger and middle aged crowd.

#210 7 years ago

Mad Max

2016-05-29-19-43-39-1433761398_(resized).jpeg2016-05-29-19-43-39-1433761398_(resized).jpeg

2016-05-29-19-43-33--1605623462_(resized).jpeg2016-05-29-19-43-33--1605623462_(resized).jpeg

#211 7 years ago

Aussie Cult Classic. ... MAD MAX Would be awesome

#212 7 years ago

Yeah but better if based on the Road Warrior and ThunderDome, new film was good but not even close, needs that 80's feel.

madmaxroadwarriorprofondodellatenebrae_(resized).jpgmadmaxroadwarriorprofondodellatenebrae_(resized).jpg

#213 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah but better if based on the Road Warrior and ThunderDome, new film was good but not even close, needs that 80's feel.

Mad Max would be SO sweet. That picture looks much like Doug Watson artwork. Meaning, it would be the perfect backglass.

#214 7 years ago

Mad Max would be insta-buy for me. Torn on which version, though. Road Warrior was excellent, but Mad Max and Beyond Thunderdome were weak. Fury Road was pretty great, with way more action than Road Warrior, but kind of a dumb story. That said, I'd lean toward Fury Road, since the settings and more varied action provide more pin design opportunities, and you wouldn't have the political negatives that come with Mel Gibson.

#215 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Laguardias pinball takedown. Pinball shaped bash toy, roger sharpe skill shot. Saving pinball one ball at a time

I think Abe Beame was mayor of NYC at the time of the Roger Sharpe pinball demonstration play to city council. LaGuardia was out of office and dead for almost 30 years already.

#216 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I think Abe Beame was mayor of NYC at the time of the Roger Sharpe pinball demonstration play to city council. LaGuardia was out of office and dead for almost 30 years already.

Itll be a back to the future retheme then! All the way from laguardia to sharpe

#217 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Mad Max and Beyond Thunderdome were weak.

Forget Mad Max but Thunderdome while not the best film has some great material for a pin, Master Blaster Multiball, the call outs alone during that mode would be mind blowing, but the desert kids can suck it.

#218 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Forget Mad Max but Thunderdome while not the best film has some great material for a pin, Master Blaster Multiball, the call outs alone during that mode would be mind blowing, but the desert kids can suck it.

But Fury Road could have Five Wives Multiball, Guzzuline Hurryups, Bullettown Multiball, War Rig mode (where you build one of many crazy assault car models by hitting specific shots), Broken Rock Riders Ramp across the playfield that you have to hit the ball just right to land the ball on the other side and collect the bonus (could also be a killer Rock Riders ball launch skill shot), Midnight Madness could be Many Mothers Madness, Wizard Mode could be Take the Citadel. Video modes would have tons of scenarios to choose from. Music could be rock and tribal. Lots of awesome possibilities.

#219 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

But Fury Road could have Five Wives Multiball, Guzzuline Hurryups, Bullettown Multiball, War Rig mode (where you build one of many crazy assault car models by hitting specific shots), Broken Rock Riders Ramp across the playfield that you have to hit the ball just right to land the ball on the other side and collect the bonus (could also be a killer Rock Riders ball launch skill shot), Midnight Madness could be Many Mothers Madness, Wizard Mode could be Take the Citadel. Video modes would have tons of scenarios to choose from. Music could be rock and tribal. Lots of awesome possibilities.

Ok you sold me, really I would be happy with either and anything is better than old rock bands and films for children, I'm with ya.

#220 7 years ago

The biggest icon of the 80s is Back to the future

#221 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

But Fury Road ... Lots of awesome possibilities.

Tell Gary we've green lighted the next title for John Trudeau - it's Mad Max - Fury Road. Time to engage the lawyers and lockdown the licensing agreement. Let JT know the great news and suggest he code name his project - Roadkill. Excited to be able to play one in 2018, but strapping myself in for the long grinding wait.

#222 7 years ago

Back to the Future is one of those titles I'd risk ordering an LE sight unseen. They'd really have to jack the design up for me not to like it and that would be a tragedy. Nothing worse than having a kickass theme and then boogering it up.

I'm also on board for:
    Goonies
    Gremlins
    Star Wars
    Indiana Jones (done right this time)
    Spaceballs
    Toy Story
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Dragon's Lair (great with LCD)

#223 7 years ago

I read a report about a interview with John T,in which he states,he always wanted to do a serious Beatles pin.He wanted the pf to have the Abby Road pic.in the center,and a raised pf,called Strawberry Fields,ending with a Magical Mystery tour tunnel,that changes direction! He also stated he had ALREADY,approached Sir Paul,and Ringo,for the music,and they really liked the idea! SO,maybe??? Only fly in the soup,Mike Jackson's estate owns the rights to a lot of that era Beatles music.he bought it a long time ago,before his :freak breakdown:!!

#224 7 years ago

I know there is already a lot of zombie games out there, but I would be all over an Army of Darkness pinball machine. I can imaging the battle car with its spinning blades throwing balls around the playfield, a horde of skeleton warriors popping about AFM style, the floating "She-B*tch" screaming "I will swallow your soul!", the necrinomicon flapping about, and all with a touch in cheek middle evil humor theme. Bruce Campbell would be all about promoting this thing to I would suspect.

3 weeks later
    #225 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Beyond thunderdome was beyond shitty. Incorporate Mad Max, Road Warrior, and Fury road but not TD.

1 week later
    #226 7 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Beyond thunderdome was beyond shitty.

You are incorrect sir, even if you disliked the film it would translate well into pinball modes that's for sure, like I said in a previous post its all good till the rotten stinkin desert kids come into it. Road Warrior on its own is all I need.

1280-road-warrior-mad-max-2jpg-b0aa0b_1280w_(resized).jpg1280-road-warrior-mad-max-2jpg-b0aa0b_1280w_(resized).jpg

#227 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

You are incorrect sir, even if you disliked the film it would translate well into pinball modes that's for sure, like I said in a previous post its all good till the rotten stinkin desert kids come into it. Road Warrior on its own is all I need.

I would be happy if it were just the Road Warrior as well.

#229 7 years ago

With the muscle car, tall man, flying sphere, wormhole transport room, awesome theme music and classic one liners from that era...I think the 1979 movie "Phantasm" would be an awesome pinball game! So much to choose from!ball_(resized).jpgball_(resized).jpgCar_(resized).jpgCar_(resized).jpg51RvhejcpNL._AC_UL320_SR220,320__(resized).jpg51RvhejcpNL._AC_UL320_SR220,320__(resized).jpgPhantasam_(resized).jpgPhantasam_(resized).jpgtransport_(resized).jpgtransport_(resized).jpg

#230 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll have to see how GB does to see if I will be excited at all aboto this one.

Ok then, not excited aboot a new JT title in 2017

#231 7 years ago

With NIB prices seemingly on the rise every day, it's a good time to consider some John Trudeau designs from the Bally Williams days. My faves being JD, CFTBL and BOP as a distant 3rd. But you could buy all three for the price of a GBLE. Sometimes I prefer rarety and fine art over substance, but given the choice, I'd take the three games in this instance. All have that thrilling JT flipper gap thoughts??

#232 7 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

With NIB prices seemingly on the rise every day, it's a good time to consider some John Trudeau designs from the Bally Williams days. My faves being JD, CFTBL and BOP as a distant 3rd. But you could buy all three for the price of a GBLE. Sometimes I prefer rarety and fine art over substance, but given the choice, I'd take the three games in this instance. All have that thrilling JT flipper gap thoughts??

Bride of Pinbot is a deeply flawed game. It basically is about the Billion shot, and that's it. BoP 2.0? Haven't played it, but I'd like to see if they improved the game. For stock games, if I had to pick one in the "bot" series, I'd take Jackbot anyday over the others.

#233 7 years ago

bozo_the_clown2_650x300_a01_(resized).jpgbozo_the_clown2_650x300_a01_(resized).jpg

#234 7 years ago

Mad Max please!!

#235 7 years ago

Count me in for Mad Max. The Shining. Redrum multiball!

#236 7 years ago

Saving a spot for this hopefully in the near future... MAD MAX

images-3_(resized).jpegimages-3_(resized).jpeg

There are 236 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/john-trudeau-new-2017-game/page/5?hl=ball_shine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.