Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 236 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by weapon76
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What old school theme do u want Stern/Jersey Jack to make next?”

• Back To The Future 126 votes
      32%
    • Die Hard 47 votes
      12%
    • Robo Cop 22 votes
      6%
    • ET 30 votes
      8%
    • Ferris Buellers Day Off 35 votes
      9%
    • Star Wars 122 votes
      31%
    • Aliens 31 votes
      8%
    • Rambo 21 votes
      5%
    • Beverly Hills Cop 19 votes
      5%

(Multiple choice - 397 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-3_(resized).jpeg
    bozo_the_clown2_650x300_a01_(resized).jpg
    transport_(resized).jpg
    ball_(resized).jpg
    Car_(resized).jpg
    51RvhejcpNL._AC_UL320_SR220,320__(resized).jpg
    Phantasam_(resized).jpg
    1280-road-warrior-mad-max-2jpg-b0aa0b_1280w_(resized).jpg
    madmaxroadwarriorprofondodellatenebrae_(resized).jpg
    2016-05-29-19-43-33--1605623462_(resized).jpeg
    2016-05-29-19-43-39-1433761398_(resized).jpeg
    MTI5MDAxODIzODg0NDA2NzU0_(resized).jpg
    1280-road-warrior-mad-max-2jpg-b0aa0b_1280w_(resized).jpg
    commando_022_(resized).jpg
    download_(resized).jpg
    teletubbies_(resized).jpg

There are 236 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It's the longest running movie of all time.
    It has been continuously running for 30 years.

Honestly, give it a try!
    » YouTube video

I like the video that loaded after that one better. It had a young Susan Sarandon in it.

#152 8 years ago

Spaceballs : The Pinball

#153 8 years ago

Though not in the poll, Jaws would be what I'd like to see. With a LCD it would be epic as that has plenty of good scenes, it has a killer soundtrack and good one liners. It is edgy if your thinking in terms of sharks. When was the last time we had a boat themed pin? fish tales, that was fun and it still is.

#155 8 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10154003339594244:0

Stern just posted a photo up of their old company Data Easts, Back To The Future pinball game after a sparking make over, This comes only a day after this thread was started by me!

Is this a hint to them making a Back To The Future pinball remake new game? Or are Stern trolling us on this pinside forum? Or both? im going to take a stab and say both lol!

Btw Stern, I don't currently own a machine due to lack of financial funds, aka I'm broke lol
    But would like a free premium, it appears beggars can be choosers! So I'll be waiting on a message regarding what machine I would like cheers
    <<< hopefully me soon

#156 8 years ago

Alien Star was simple, brutal, and totally awesome. I'd like to see a new reiteration of that type of game.

#157 8 years ago

The Munsters

#158 8 years ago

My vote: BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA

big-trouble-in-little-china_(resized).jpgbig-trouble-in-little-china_(resized).jpg

#159 8 years ago

ET, but not the movie, the show Entertainment Tonight

#160 8 years ago
    Quoted from TallBoyG:

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10154003339594244:0
    Stern just posted a photo up of their old company Data Easts, Back To The Future pinball game after a sparking make over, This comes only a day after this thread was started by me!
    Is this a hint to them making a Back To The Future pinball remake new game? Or are Stern trolling us on this pinside forum? Or both? im going to take a stab and say both lol!

uhmm.. they've been posting ALL their games in the order they were released..

#161 8 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

uhmm.. they've been posting ALL their games in the order they were released..

This post was nothing to do with their flash back history pinball machine posts. It was a random stand alone post..

#162 8 years ago

My vote for Anchorman.
    Or, the Hangover, the first movie version.

#163 8 years ago

Crap, I'd have to buy it then

#164 8 years ago

Okay, my bad. Now going way, way back,... Animal House.
    Or, the Blues Brothers.

#165 8 years ago

Mad Max with the guitar guy as a fully interactive bashing toy struming his guitar when hit

#166 8 years ago

Wait, what?!? How has Dune not come up yet?!?!?

DUNE!

#167 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Wait, what?!? How has Dune not come up yet?!?!?
    DUNE!

Movie only and I'm in!

#168 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Movie only and I'm in!

One of two movies I have gotten up and left the theater mid-way through. One word review: terrible.

#169 8 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

In one of the many video interviews/podcasts (cannot remember which one), it was mentioned that Ghostbusters was one that was on the wishlist for a while, but Gary didn't want to do it until it was more current (waiting on a sequel or some new movie). So the reboot probably had at least something to do with it getting made now.

Nope.

#170 8 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

One of two movies I have gotten up and left the theater mid-way through. One word review: terrible.

But... it would make an incredible pin. The artwork potential (which is half the battle) is incredible. Especially if they manage to track down anyone involved in the Jodorowsky's Dune (anyone seen the documentary?)

#171 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Mad Max with the guitar guy as a fully interactive bashing toy struming his guitar when hit

I like that idea ALOT! But we are going to need fire proof glass because we cant have the crazy blind guitarist from fury road unless he fires flames on every successful hit

#172 8 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

In one of the many video interviews/podcasts (cannot remember which one), it was mentioned that Ghostbusters was one that was on the wishlist for a while, but Gary didn't want to do it until it was more current (waiting on a sequel or some new movie). So the reboot probably had at least something to do with it getting made now.

Listen to Coast to Coast pinball, episode 220, from about 4 mins in. Jody clearly mentions they had thought about doing Ghostbusters for years but were hesitant due to the age of the license, with Gary wanting to know when new movies came out. Mentioned Gary sitting in the Ecto-1, which was before they decided to do a Ghostbusters pin. Shortly after that they met with Sony, had a nice long sit down, and then decided to do Ghostbusters. Jody mentions how they wanted to release the pin right in the midst of the marketing for the new movie.

So, Jody never comes right out and says the reboot is why they decided to do the pin, but it doen't take a giant leap in logic to figure the new movie had a lot to do with the pin coming out right now rather than a year ago, 5 years ago. They've had the option to do it for a long time.

#173 8 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

Listen to Coast to Coast pinball, episode 220, from about 4 mins in. Jody clearly mentions they had thought about doing Ghostbusters for years but were hesitant due to the age of the license, with Gary wanting to know when new movies came out. Mentioned Gary sitting in the Ecto-1, which was before they decided to do a Ghostbusters pin. Shortly after that they met with Sony, had a nice long sit down, and then decided to do Ghostbusters. Jody mentions how they wanted to release the pin right in the midst of the marketing for the new movie.
    So, Jody never comes right out and says the reboot is why they decided to do the pin, but it doesn't take a giant leap in logic to figure the new movie had a lot to do with the pin coming out right now rather than a year ago, 5 years ago. They've had the option to do it for a long time.

And, again...all available data shows that Stern has never, in its entire history, released a title that had an "aged" license and no current IP to go along with it.

I'm not saying I have all the answers, but it strikes me as odd that the other side in this discussion is so *aggressive* in their comments...and I can't quite figure that out. Is the argument that the GB pinball machine and the new Ghostbusters movie are completely unrelated, and their appearance together is pure coincidence?

I get having a different point of view...but shouting down the other side, particularly on this issue? I don't get it. What's the benefit? I feel like I'm missing something...like there's an "angle" that I'm out of the loop on.

Pete

#174 8 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

Rocky horror
    Army of darkness/evil dead
    People would go ape shit. Heck, some captain will probably start a thread with 1000 posts on it.
    Art potential and toy potential is limitless I'll be the first geek in line to buy sight unseen

image_(resized).png

Technically, Evil Dead & Army of Darkness is current IP--it was continued this past year with the TV show "Ash vs Evil Dead", and has been renewed for a second season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_vs_Evil_Dead
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4189022/

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#176 8 years ago

whatever it is I love that they have finally come to their senses and started doing handdrawn artwork again!
    the way pinball is supposed to look!

#177 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Technically, Evil Dead & Army of Darkness is current IP--it was continued this past year with the TV show "Ash vs Evil Dead", and has been renewed for a second season.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_vs_Evil_Dead
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4189022/
    pasted_image_(resized).png

Army of Darkness would be my dream theme.

My worry is that if Stern went with that title...it wouldn't actually have any AoD clips, quotes, and other stuff in the game...it'd all be based on the Starz show. (The show is great, don't get me wrong...I just love the move...).

Pete

#178 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'd love to see a pin with awesome hand drawn art for one of Tarantino's movies. Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Inglorious Bastards, Reservoir Dogs, Natural Born Killers, Django Unchained. Lots of great lines and music for a pin.

^^^ This.

Though all those work, in reality I could even narrow that list down to one - Kill Bill.

The rules for that game basically write themselves. Then throw in some crazy 88 multiball, O-Ren mini-wizard mode, Final Bill Wizard mode... maybe a bash toy of a hand breaking up through the ground, and definitely a ramp that's a Hattori Hanzo sword. May also have the some of the best music of any non-band pin ever.

#179 8 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

So, Jody never comes right out and says the reboot is why they decided to do the pin, but it doen't take a giant leap in logic to figure the new movie had a lot to do with the pin coming out right now rather than a year ago, 5 years ago. They've had the option to do it for a long time.

Pin was licensed when Gary was at that licensing convention and that picture of him in the Ecto-1 was taken. That occurred before the Female Ghostbusters was conceived or greenlit. If Stern believed later that releasing it with a new movie helps, I'm sure they were horrified when the backlash started against the new movie. More than twice as many dis-likes as likes on the official trailer on YouTube. Never seen that happen before. So, count their lucky stars this is being released before the new movie tarnished the brand.

#180 8 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

And, again...all available data shows that Stern has never, in its entire history, released a title that had an "aged" license and no current IP to go along with it.
    I'm not saying I have all the answers, but it strikes me as odd that the other side in this discussion is so *aggressive* in their comments...and I can't quite figure that out. Is the argument that the GB pinball machine and the new Ghostbusters movie are completely unrelated, and their appearance together is pure coincidence?
    I get having a different point of view...but shouting down the other side, particularly on this issue? I don't get it. What's the benefit? I feel like I'm missing something...like there's an "angle" that I'm out of the loop on.
    Pete

What are you missing? That you're wrong?

You know how much nonsense has been posted about this pin over the last 5 months? How posters "insisted" this was going to be about the new movie, or that some models would features the characters from the new movie on the backglass. Or how there was no way the pin was going to be announced in the spring...but in the summer to better "align" and take advantage of hype surrounding the new movie?

Some of us are exhausted at correcting the misinformation about this pin, so excuse me if we seem "aggressive" as you say.

#181 8 years ago
    Quoted from eckelpeckel:

whatever it is I love that they have finally come to their senses and started doing handdrawn artwork again!
    the way pinball is supposed to look!

But don't think that every game will have handdrawn art from now on.

Movie studios have "style books" that dictate the art expected, and supply the "clip art", so that all media has a unified look to it.

GB is so old, I could not even find a style book for it, so Stern may have had a much easier time creating it's own art style.

Do not assume the upcoming Aquaman will have handdrawn art.....

#182 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

How posters "insisted" this was going to be about the new movie

They were just teasing you.

Everyone knew what movie the game was based on.

#183 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Pin was licensed when Gary was at that licensing convention and that picture of him in the Ecto-1 was taken. That occurred before the Female Ghostbusters was conceived or greenlit. If Stern believed later that releasing it with a new movie helps, I'm sure they were horrified when the backlash started against the new movie. More than twice as many dis-likes as likes on the official trailer on YouTube. Never seen that happen before. So, count their lucky stars this is being released before the new movie tarnished the brand.

The coast to coast podcast contradicts that. I choose to believe that, the info is more credible and the timing makes more sense. Believe whatever you want I suppose.

#184 8 years ago

Look like that,“Big Trouble in Little China'' gonna get a sequel/remake so the pin could be the next one

#185 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Pulp fiction

Take my money. All of it. Just let me know if you need more and I'll sell a few spare organs.

#186 8 years ago

Just fyi, I had a talk with Gary on upcoming releases a while ago.

I proposed Back To The Future remake
    I proposed Planet of the Apes (the new ones, another movie coming)

He both wrote them down..

I also referred Guardians of the galaxy 2... he replied.. oh that's a great movie (and didn't write them down)

Porky's could be so fun, though don't know if it would sell in high numbers.

#187 8 years ago

I'm betting he may have a second game out in 2016.

#188 8 years ago

teletubbies_(resized).jpgteletubbies_(resized).jpg

#189 8 years ago

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo<far off echoing> ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

#190 8 years ago

Futuristic, edgy.
    Blade Runner or Mad Max (my preference).

#191 8 years ago

I don't see any of these titles really selling except for Jaws. Well, at least not as well as Ghostbusters is going to sell. If I was Stern I would be looking more in the line of titles like these;

Deadpool
    Transformers (Gen1)
    Infinity Gauntlet
    Guardians of the Galaxy (too late?)

Personally I would love to see some villain pins.

Riddler
    Joker
    Carnage
    Cobra (G.I. Joe)

I also think we could get some killer artwork for female pins;

Wonder Woman
    Harley Quinn
    Psylocke
    Vampirella

#192 7 years ago

A Mad Max pin would get my money.

That or pick up where Jpop failed to start and make an Alice In Wonderland pin. I was so sad the way that whole story turned out.

#193 7 years ago

You know there's only been a few Horror themes, so why not a Friday the 13th pin? LOTS of crazy stuff you could do with that. I believe teh Tales from the Crypt and the Freddy machines were both well received back in the day, and the Rob Zombie machine sold out immediately too.... You'd cover the 80's retro thing , plus it'd be edgy and more adult. It's a little ridiculous but you could make it fun.

#194 7 years ago

If you want edgy, make a pin based on the Saw movies.

#195 7 years ago
    Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

You know there's only been a few Horror themes, so why not a Friday the 13th pin? LOTS of crazy stuff you could do with that. I believe teh Tales from the Crypt and the Freddy machines were both well received back in the day, and the Rob Zombie machine sold out immediately too.... You'd cover the 80's retro thing , plus it'd be edgy and more adult. It's a little ridiculous but you could make it fun.

Hellraiser!

#196 7 years ago
    Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Just fyi, I had a talk with Gary on upcoming releases a while ago.
    I proposed Back To The Future remake
    I proposed Planet of the Apes (the new ones, another movie coming)
    He both wrote them down..
    I also referred Guardians of the galaxy 2... he replied.. oh that's a great movie (and didn't write them down)
    Porky's could be so fun, though don't know if it would sell in high numbers.

They have the GoTG license, expect that around the 2nd movie is out.

#197 7 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

They have the GoTG license, expect that around the 2nd movie is out.

Is Back to the Future in Stern's future?

#198 7 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Is Back to the Future in Stern's future?

Part of me is hoping it isn't... would be one less pin I'd have to buy.

1 week later
    #199 7 years ago

Given the recent announcement of a Dr. Strange movie, I wonder if they aren't looking to make that into a pin? Stern has a history of producing games based on superheros, movies and Marvel licenses, and I would think that it fits John Trudeau's description of a fantastical and edgy theme.

I think a Dr. Strange pin with ZY artwork could be extremely cool. If they used an upgraded "ecto goggle" setup, they could even add some trippy astral projection type stuff into the play.

On the other hand, I might have to sell a kidney to buy another game...

#200 7 years ago

Between Ghostbusters, whatever surely amazing game Pat Lawlor pumps out, and the potential to get a new Back to the Future game in 2017.... Oh, my heart. Why must humans need to eat?! I can think of exactly 3 things that are more important!

There are 236 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/john-trudeau-new-2017-game/page/4?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.