Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 236 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by weapon76
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What old school theme do u want Stern/Jersey Jack to make next?”

• Back To The Future 126 votes
      32%
    • Die Hard 47 votes
      12%
    • Robo Cop 22 votes
      6%
    • ET 30 votes
      8%
    • Ferris Buellers Day Off 35 votes
      9%
    • Star Wars 122 votes
      31%
    • Aliens 31 votes
      8%
    • Rambo 21 votes
      5%
    • Beverly Hills Cop 19 votes
      5%

(Multiple choice - 397 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-3_(resized).jpeg
    bozo_the_clown2_650x300_a01_(resized).jpg
    transport_(resized).jpg
    ball_(resized).jpg
    Car_(resized).jpg
    51RvhejcpNL._AC_UL320_SR220,320__(resized).jpg
    Phantasam_(resized).jpg
    1280-road-warrior-mad-max-2jpg-b0aa0b_1280w_(resized).jpg
    madmaxroadwarriorprofondodellatenebrae_(resized).jpg
    2016-05-29-19-43-33--1605623462_(resized).jpeg
    2016-05-29-19-43-39-1433761398_(resized).jpeg
    MTI5MDAxODIzODg0NDA2NzU0_(resized).jpg
    1280-road-warrior-mad-max-2jpg-b0aa0b_1280w_(resized).jpg
    commando_022_(resized).jpg
    download_(resized).jpg
    teletubbies_(resized).jpg
    There are 236 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

There a Mustang interview where he states he always wanted to do a Beatles pin

Every designer wants to do a Beatles pin, it's the law.

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from JonH123:

Where do I vote for Jurassic Park:Lost World?

? its been made

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Every designer wants to do a Beatles pin, it's the law.

No thanks.

#54 8 years ago

What about a beetlejuice pin since the new movie is in the works now too?

#55 8 years ago

Trudeau with Zombie Yeti art on either of the following would be home runs:

Bladerunner
    Highlander
    Army of Darkness
    Mad Max
    Gremlins

So much potential for STERN now that they brought GB back from the past...

#56 8 years ago

I'd be interested in a Mad Max pin. Lots of cool things that could be done and I think ZY art would be a good fit.

#57 8 years ago

when you do a search on potential reboot and big movies for 2017 and there are so many potential pinball games that could fit the bill nicely
    - Porky's
    - Kong Skull Island
    - Fast & Furious 8
    - Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    - Star Wars 8
    - Toy Story 4
    - Planet of the Apes
    - Justice League
    - Big Trouble in Little China
    - Creature From The Black Lagoon - (but I hope he doesn't redo his own game)
    - Jumanji
    - Legend of Conan
    - Masters of the Universe
    - The Naked Gun
    - Nightmare on Elm Street
    - Police Academy
    - Time Cop
    - Tomb Radar

#58 8 years ago

Isn't it about time we got a great Superman pin? If batman vs superman hits over a billion dollars at the box office wouldn't surprise me to see a pin sooner rather than later. Also like a lot of people have already said Die Hard is literally the most perfect movie for a pin it's one of if not the greatest action film ever.... If last action hero gets a pin die hard deserves one

#59 8 years ago

not a reboot but 5th Element could be awesome theme and with cool custom art like GB

#60 8 years ago

BTTF & SW ... been done before. If you want a sequel, how about South Park Uncensored!

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Absolute nonsense. Patently untrue.

My assumptions was the same as pmWolf, that the only reason GB is happening is because of the new movie. The timing is obvious and fits the well-worn Stern licensing pattern.

But I'm willing to believe it is total coincidence if you've got a good argument/evidence for that position?

#62 8 years ago

Jaws all the way!

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

- Porky's
    - Kong Skull Island
    - Fast & Furious 8
    - Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    - Star Wars 8
    - Toy Story 4
    - Planet of the Apes
    - Justice League
    - Big Trouble in Little China
    - Creature From The Black Lagoon - (but I hope he doesn't redo his own game)
    - Jumanji
    - Legend of Conan
    - Masters of the Universe
    - The Naked Gun
    - Nightmare on Elm Street
    - Police Academy
    - Time Cop
    - Tomb Radar

Wow... how depressing. The movie industry is truly devoid of any new creations. Sad that pinball has to become that same derivative tripe as an original game won't draw the masses. I just heard they are remaking Ben Hur. Next it will be Gone with the Wind starring Caitlyn Jenner.

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

Wow... how depressing. The movie industry is truly devoid of any new creations.

New ideas don't make as much monies as re-packaging well off middle age white dudes childhoods.

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Well, some of those poll choices won't happen unless there is a current incarnation in the theaters. (Sequel, reboot, whatever).
    You can hate the new Ghostbusters movie all you want...but without it, the Ghostbusters pinball would have never happened.
    (So, basically, pray for a remake of your favorite old movie, with an all-Kardashian cast. The movie would be unwatchable, but at least you'll have a shot at your dream theme).
    Pete

I agree partially.....it is all about the licensing. It is not the upcoming GB movie that is the catalyst, but rather the ability to pick up the license for a reasonable fee. Why is that license so suddenly reasonable? Because there is a movie coming out and the production company needs to get the GB name out into circulation again. Hence, they make the license available for people to use, in the hopes someone will generate some buzz just as Stern has. How much do you think this free advertising is worth?

We deal with licensed properties all of the time, and all of the popular stuff costs big bucks unless there is something for them to gain on the back end, such as a project in the works. Then prices take a dive for a little bit. The only other time licenses get cheap is when they are dead beyond repair, and there is no foreseeable hope......but there is always an optimist in the group, and that rarely happens. If the movie is release and by some miracle of holy miracles becomes popular...then licensing rights go back up through the roof.

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinJimNC:

What about a beetlejuice pin since the new movie is in the works now too?

Pretty sure Tim Burton and Michael Keaton have said recently this ain't happening sadly Still would be a great license!

#69 8 years ago

I can only hope but..... Escape from New York starring Kurt Russel

#70 8 years ago

Man, Back to the Future would be so sweet - its a no brainer really

#72 8 years ago

Summing up the thread so far the best are:

Mad Max
    Pulp Fiction
    Three Stooges

#73 8 years ago

Animal house FTW. Ramming speed!

animalhouse_(resized).jpganimalhouse_(resized).jpg

#74 8 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

http://www.imdb.com/year/1984/?ref_=tt_ov_inf
    Checking out other top movies in 1984 perhaps it's....
    Gremlins (1984)
    A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
    or
    Highlander perhaps? I can't see it, but would personally love it. "There can only be one...."

There was talk of a reboot for Highlander. I love the original, but doubt there is enough of a following to make a pin for it. Artwork could be cool:

highlander_(resized).jpghighlander_(resized).jpg

#75 8 years ago

Fragle_rock_(resized).jpgFragle_rock_(resized).jpg

#76 8 years ago

Muppets, all muppets. Its edgy because its an all muppet version of the original Hellraisers, to go ahead and throw out another title never to be made into pinball but I would enjoy, non-muppet version of Serpent and the Rainbow "I want to hear you scream Dr. Aaallennn" "aaashhhghshg!!" "not good enough" "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHG!"

#77 8 years ago

Muppets have taken a little bit of a beating for the new show that is being reworked so I don't know. Seem to have lost the steam the newer movie got them

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

My assumptions was the same as pmWolf, that the only reason GB is happening is because of the new movie. The timing is obvious and fits the well-worn Stern licensing pattern.
    But I'm willing to believe it is total coincidence if you've got a good argument/evidence for that position?

This game was licensed before the female reboot was even a thing. I created a thread back in early 2014 when Stern posted pics of Gary in the Ecto-1 as a licensing convention. It's been in the works since then.

#80 8 years ago

I guess I'll probably just give up hope of there ever being a Waltons pinball machine.

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I guess I'll probably just give up hope of there ever being a Waltons pinball machine.

When I get a brand new LE Little house on the Prairie I'm going to laugh right in your face. You can play it with tears streaming down your face whilst I yell "Goodnight John-Boy" in your ear the whole time!

#82 8 years ago

I would put money on it being Gremlins. Chris Columbus, has all but confirmed Gremlins 3 is in the works. Like GhostBusters it is a fantasy theme, and it was defiantly edgy for its time (being a kids horror movie). Like Ghostbusters the design team does not need to know anything about the latest movie as the game would be based on the first two. So they could be designing now even before filming of Gremlins 3 begins. Lastly I think of all the Movie Themes mentioned so far only Mad Max would be a contender, but new movie is slated for release anytime soon.

Movies that have been confirmed for 2017 that themes may work based on what has been said already i.e Fantasy, edgy....

- Friday the 13th (Not really fantasy but defiantly edgy)

- Resident Evil (last one)

- Kong Skull Island

- Planet of the apes

-The Mummy Reboot

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from TZBen:

I want to see a Adam Sandler pin.
    Shampoo vs. Conditioner multiball!!!

Wrong. "Love to eat Turkey" multiball rules all.

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from Flippermatt:

Auto-open when votingClear my upvote

I can only hope but..... Escape from New York starring Kurt Russel

This X 100!

#85 8 years ago

Yesssssss!!!!!!!!

a981b10492fe464e93ed8ede69873ce1_(resized).jpga981b10492fe464e93ed8ede69873ce1_(resized).jpg

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

Next it will be Gone with the Wind starring Caitlyn Jenner.

That wouldn't be bad if was it based on hurricane level winds that blows him/her and that whole family into lets say a volcano, or the sky or oncoming traffic.

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

That wouldn't be bad if was it based on hurrican level winds that blows him/her and that whole family into lets say a volcano, or the sky or oncoming traffic.

So a mash up of Whirlwind, Congo, Taxi where the Kardasians die? IN!

#89 8 years ago

About the only "egdy" thing in BTTF was Doc brown selling used pinball parts to the Libyans

#90 8 years ago

After GB?.......The Blues Brothers!!!^^

#91 8 years ago

I'll make yours as well then.

#92 8 years ago

I think it's going to be a Jerry Springer pin, no ramps just bash toys

#93 8 years ago

I'd love to see a pin with awesome hand drawn art for one of Tarantino's movies. Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Inglorious Bastards, Reservoir Dogs, Natural Born Killers, Django Unchained. Lots of great lines and music for a pin.

#94 8 years ago

I'm dreaming of Mad Max, Kong, and Godzilla

#95 8 years ago

2017 and "edgy" can only = Girls Gone Wild 20th Anniversary Edition Pinball !!!!

With the national #1 earning success of WNBJM , GGW would be a natural.

With over 200 DVD titles, there is lots of of talent for ZY to draw from.

#96 8 years ago

Rocky Horror definitely.Artwork would be radical.Think of the Possibilities.

#97 8 years ago

Would be very cool so see JT do the Nightmare Before Christmas. It's edgy and fantastical and still has a very wide appeal. It's amazing how much merch they still sell for that movie every year.

#98 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

This game was licensed before the female reboot was even a thing. I created a thread back in early 2014 when Stern posted pics of Gary in the Ecto-1 as a licensing convention. It's been in the works since then.

I would bet the remake was well into discussion if not concept back in 2014. It takes a long time from concept through production.

#99 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

So a mash up of Whirlwind, Congo, Taxi where the Kardasians die? IN!

Probably titled "You're Welcome"...lol

#100 8 years ago

I watched the Warriors again last night, it would just be so perfect for a pin! I know there is already a warrior thread but I can't think of any other theme that would make a more perfect pinball machine.

There are 236 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/john-trudeau-new-2017-game/page/2?hl=homer714 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.