3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 236 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by weapon76
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What old school theme do u want Stern/Jersey Jack to make next?”

• Back To The Future 126 votes
      32%
    • Die Hard 47 votes
      12%
    • Robo Cop 22 votes
      6%
    • ET 30 votes
      8%
    • Ferris Buellers Day Off 35 votes
      9%
    • Star Wars 122 votes
      31%
    • Aliens 31 votes
      8%
    • Rambo 21 votes
      5%
    • Beverly Hills Cop 19 votes
      5%

(Multiple choice - 397 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 33 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images-3_(resized).jpeg
    bozo_the_clown2_650x300_a01_(resized).jpg
    transport_(resized).jpg
    ball_(resized).jpg
    Car_(resized).jpg
    51RvhejcpNL._AC_UL320_SR220,320__(resized).jpg
    Phantasam_(resized).jpg
    1280-road-warrior-mad-max-2jpg-b0aa0b_1280w_(resized).jpg
    madmaxroadwarriorprofondodellatenebrae_(resized).jpg
    2016-05-29-19-43-33--1605623462_(resized).jpeg
    2016-05-29-19-43-39-1433761398_(resized).jpeg
    MTI5MDAxODIzODg0NDA2NzU0_(resized).jpg
    1280-road-warrior-mad-max-2jpg-b0aa0b_1280w_(resized).jpg
    commando_022_(resized).jpg
    download_(resized).jpg
    teletubbies_(resized).jpg

There are 236 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 3 years ago

Stern pinball had a sit down live video chat to legendary pinball designer Dr Flash, aka John Trudeau, who also made the new Ghost Busters game.
    The last question in the video he was asked, what is the next game your working on that will be released in 2017? He couldn't answer for obvious reasons but hinted that it's a theme that was always there in the back of his mind that he wanted to do for awhile, just like he wanted to do the Ghost Busters theme.
    more info about his new project is that it's different to ghost busters but it's still "fantastical" fun and "a little edgy"
    This sounds like he's doing another old school theme to me, and zombie yeti is doing art in the new game also.
    SOO my question is, what old school themes do you want Stern Pinball to take on???
    The first game that came to my mind was Back To The Future! Am I right? Only time will tell!
    https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10153996415669244/

UPDATE Almost 2 days later.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10154003339594244:0
    Stern just posted a photo up of their old company Data Easts, Back To The Future pinball game after a sparking make over, This comes only a day after this thread was started by me!
    Is this a hint to them making a Back To The Future pinball remake new game? Or are Stern trolling us on this pinside forum? Or both? im going to take a stab and say both lol!
    Btw Stern, I don't currently own a machine due to lack of financial funds, aka I'm broke lol
    But would like a free premium, it appears beggars can be choosers! So I'll be waiting on a message regarding what machine I would like cheers
    << hopefully me soon

#2 3 years ago

I want to see a Adam Sandler pin.

Shampoo vs. Conditioner multiball!!!

#3 3 years ago

BEATLES... Steps back, and drops the key board!!

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from TallBoyG:

Stern pinball had a sit down live video chat to legendary pinball designer Dr Flash, aka John Trudeau, who also made the new Ghost Busters game.
    The last question in the video he was asked, what is the next game your working on that will be released in 2017? He couldn't answer for obvious reasons but hinted that it's a theme that was always there in the back of his mind that he wanted to do for awhile, just like he wanted to do the Ghost Busters theme.
    more info about his new project is that it's different to ghost busters but it's still "fantastical" fun and "a little edgy"
    This sounds like he's doing another old school theme to me, and zombie yeti is doing art in the new game also.
    SOO my question is, what old school themes do you want Stern Pinball to take on???
    The first game that came to my mind was Back To The Future! Am I right? Only time will tell!

I dont think Back to the Future would be considered "edgy"
    I was really surprised that they already gave out info on the fact that Zombie Yeti was doing the art. Probably because of all the great feedback from Ghostbusters.
    Would be really cool if it was an original theme he had thought up, but highly doubtful it wont have a license. Any movie reboots of note coming in 2017? Could be a clue to what game it is

#5 3 years ago

Blade Runner?

#6 3 years ago

Edgy might be Rocky Horror, but it really isn't 'edgy' anymore these days. It's really like a cross between Cyclopes and Genesis (what I would expect their love-child to be).

#7 3 years ago

I would love to see a good Star Wars pinball machine. If not that, give me a good Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles based off of the IDW comics run.

#8 3 years ago

He is doing a DaveH pin. Instead of free games, it gives out pizza from the coin door when you win.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from TallBoyG:

Come on Goonies! I wish, but I don't think Goonies can be considered "edgy".

#11 3 years ago

Goonies would be my personal choice

#12 3 years ago

God help me if its Die Hard! My wife doesn't know that I dress up like John McClane and run around barefoot on broken glass when she's gone...

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Beatle juice!!!

I love this idea.

#14 3 years ago

Pulp fiction

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from kingfishtr:

I love this idea.

omg that would be amazballs

Quoted from Mitch:

Pulp fiction

so would this

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

God help me if its Die Hard!

The Die Hard Series has never had a Pin made for it. This could do very well. Moving buildings, explosions, helicopters, etc..

#17 3 years ago

But not "edgy"

hmmmm

#18 3 years ago

Mad Max Fury Road

#19 3 years ago

If it involves a shot gun and chainsaw....count me in!

#20 3 years ago

The only rumored game I can see ZYs art style working with would be Iron Maiden. I love his work, but I don't think it would fit in the SW universe unless he takes a more realistic approach. On the other hand I don't really take JT as a huge metal fan and have a hard time believing Iron Maiden is on his short list...

#21 3 years ago

With Harrison Ford confirmed to be making Blade Runner 2 in future , it could be a good theme to make a pin

#22 3 years ago

http://www.imdb.com/year/1984/?ref_=tt_ov_inf

Checking out other top movies in 1984 perhaps it's....
    Gremlins (1984)
    A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
    or
    Highlander perhaps? I can't see it, but would personally love it. "There can only be one...."

#23 3 years ago

Another amazing pinball idea would be, The Shining!
    here's johnny! a very spooky edgy theme.

#24 3 years ago

There a Mustang interview where he states he always wanted to do a Beatles pin

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

BEATLES... Steps back, and drops the key board!!

Yep. He mentioned that in TOP Cast #10!

#26 3 years ago

Why is Aliens in this poll? That game is already in the works from Heighway.

#27 3 years ago

pasted_image_(resized).png

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Why is Aliens in this poll? That game is already in the works from Heighway

for that matter why is Back to the future & Robocop in there? both of those movies already have pins

#29 3 years ago

I would love a Die Hard machine... Hopefully they stick to just the first movie.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

pasted_image_(resized).png

I Love It! but they're gonna down vote ya lol

#31 3 years ago

Oh please let it be Robocop with both films, with some free nuke to enhance the experience.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

The only rumored game I can see ZYs art style working with would be Iron Maiden. I love his work, but I don't think it would fit in the SW universe unless he takes a more realistic approach. On the other hand I don't really take JT as a huge metal fan and have a hard time believing Iron Maiden is on his short list...

Clearly you haven't seen the Mad Max Fury road comic art. I think what ZY did with his basic AIW sketch shows he has much potential in the mad max fury road universe.

http://screenrant.com/mad-max-fury-road-comic-book-details/

borwge3zkocv7tzceibt_(resized).jpg
    madmaxfuryroadmax-1header_(resized).jpg
    Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Nux-Immortan-Joe-1-cover_(resized).jpg
    NEmXPgyo8DCxqn_2_b_(resized).jpg

#34 3 years ago

I'll have to see how GB does to see if I will be excited at all aboto this one.

#35 3 years ago

Maybe we will get lucky and it will be the proto game he was working on as Williams closed its doors. Aces and the Bermuda Triangle. Looked absolutely fabulous!

#36 3 years ago

seconded

#37 3 years ago

Army of Darkness please.

#38 3 years ago

Well, some of those poll choices won't happen unless there is a current incarnation in the theaters. (Sequel, reboot, whatever).

You can hate the new Ghostbusters movie all you want...but without it, the Ghostbusters pinball would have never happened.

(So, basically, pray for a remake of your favorite old movie, with an all-Kardashian cast. The movie would be unwatchable, but at least you'll have a shot at your dream theme).

Pete

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

(So, basically, pray for a remake of your favorite old movie, with an all-Kardashian cast. The movie would be unwatchable, but at least you'll have a shot at your dream theme).

HA! Well I won't "pray" for it; but at least you get something out of the pain

Quoted from nerbflong:

Army of Darkness please.

Pointless without EDII

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Why is Aliens in this poll? That game is already in the works from Heighway.

Why are most of these titles in the poll? Most of them are not fantasical and edgy. Mad Max would fit these descriptors though and clearly the franchise is still valid with the success of Fury Road. Could be cool if done right. I don't even think you need Mel's likeness to pull it off, but he has been on LW3, so maybe he wouldn't be opposed.

#41 3 years ago

Who's doing Iron Maiden? My guess would be that.

#42 3 years ago

I think if we are going to start a year long speculation thread we should at least base it on accurate information, what little there is.

He said it is not a theme that was on his list like Ghostbusters was but it is a theme he likes and is happy to be doing.

That should eliminate the ones he has listed in the past as themes he had on his shortlist.

#43 3 years ago

Why would I want a pin themed after a Canadian prime minister?

Ohhh -- John not Justin. Thats different. Well then, never mind.

---- Emily Litella

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Well, some of those poll choices won't happen unless there is a current incarnation in the theaters. (Sequel, reboot, whatever).
    You can hate the new Ghostbusters movie all you want...but without it, the Ghostbusters pinball would have never happened.
    Pete

And what's your evidence of that?

#45 3 years ago

It's always perplexed me why there was never a Die Hard themed game produced back in the day.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Pete

Absolute nonsense. Patently untrue.

#47 3 years ago

Until John Bonham and Jimmi Hendrix show up to say different, I'm still guessing it's the Rocky Horror Pinball Show.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from dzoomer:

Mad Max Fury Road

Sold. That would be a lovely day.

#49 3 years ago

Beatle juice has new movie just be marked as a go... While I would love to see Jjp do this with the lcd screen I think their plans are already full by the time the movie comes out in a year or two

#50 3 years ago

Where do I vote for Jurassic World?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 50.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 49.95
    $ 15.00
    $ 107.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 18.95
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 236 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside