forbidden planet spanish poster (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
forbidden_planet_cargirl (resized).jpg
forbidden_planet_music_bebe (resized).jpg
forbidden planet matte (resized).jpg
wonka_i_see_what_you_did_(resized).jpg
Robot_B-9_confronts_the_Robotoid_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 12 years ago

The design has been advancing for well over a year now. It is going to be very different! There are only plans to make a few at the moment so I'm sure that "Jack backing" would be welcome.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but the upper playfield does not look very functional. It looks like you feed the ball up the left red ramp and the ball just hits a bunch of pop bumpers and can randomly go down 1 of 2 wireforms to feed to the flippers.

Quoted from SealClubber:

Also looks as though there will be a center ramp which lifts up and sends the ball over the top of the upper playfield

You got it and add in an interactive back-glass maybe...details still to be released as I would guess there is no advantage in giving away to much at this early stage.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from TJ141:

cool... same guy who designed Judge Dredd correct??

Correct + loads of others. More recent games include BOP, BR, Congo, Flintstones and Creature

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

interesting- anyone hear anything at the UK pinball party?

Various people in the UK have been involved in the design and construction so far with JT but it's still pretty much under wraps. Phil Dixon is one who has done work on it. I can make him aware of this post but I don't think there will be much to add at the moment.

Last I heard the plan was to make a handful of them. The project grew from JT's visit to the UK Pinball Party a couple of years ago, he had ideas and some offered to help build it.

#21 12 years ago

I don't think there is software ready so not functioning at the show.

#25 12 years ago

Great work (as always) it looks an ace game, I think the eventual success in terms of game play will depend on the game balance and how the lifting ramp feature is integrated into play. I'm loving the fact that there are so many shots in the layout and it should look awsome when finished!

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Anne Francis and Leslie Nielsen were friends

I just looked a the original film trailer, great film and a great story from memory. Didn't remember the who acted in it until you pointed it out.
The two stand out Sci-fi films I remember from a small kid were Forbidden Planet and The day the Earth stood still.

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Forbidden Planet scared me with the scene of the foot steps making loud noises

Me too and the unstoppable way it broke through the doors

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/john-treadeaus-forbidden-planet?tu=emo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.