forbidden planet spanish poster (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
forbidden_planet_cargirl (resized).jpg
forbidden_planet_music_bebe (resized).jpg
forbidden planet matte (resized).jpg
wonka_i_see_what_you_did_(resized).jpg
Robot_B-9_confronts_the_Robotoid_(resized).jpg
There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

I didn't start the thread and I can't change the thread name.

Why not just start a new thread and link that thread at the bottom of this one?

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

I didn't start the thread and I can't change the thread name.

If you want a mod to edit the name, please ask!

#403 6 years ago

Thanks for all the updates over the years epotech. It sure would be great to see this at Allentown or York this year.

#404 6 years ago

Thanks all. Just yesterday we added a further switch so we can make the centre ramp do something more interesting. Requires some parts remaking but there's only so much you can forward plan.
Finished up all of the 5 modes and am working on the wizard mode. I found a huge performance improvement which was holding us back.
Yes I need to shoot some video but I'm crazy busy this time of year.

#405 6 years ago

This is my dream pin!!!!!
Please shoot a video.

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

This is my dream pin!!!!!

Yup!

forbidden planet spanish poster (resized).jpegforbidden planet spanish poster (resized).jpeg

#407 6 years ago

The art and production for this movie is the best IMO. Nothing comes close.

#408 6 years ago

It's got everything we need! Beautiful girl, amazing robot, flying saucer spaceship, ray guns, invisible Id Monster....the possibilities are endless.

forbidden planet id wide (resized).jpgforbidden planet id wide (resized).jpg

#409 6 years ago

Every time this thread gets bumped I want to believe that I’ll see “going to be produced by...” One of these days.

#410 6 years ago

that id monster would be really cool as a pinside 2000 projection on the playfield

#412 6 years ago

How long till you get some artwork on that playfield?

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

If you want a mod to edit the name, please ask!

I changed it to just forbidden planet. If there are any other suggestions let me know.

#414 6 years ago

This movie is what got me obsessed with synthesizer music! That early analog synth sound track is what will really make it unique! No pin has ever had such an awesome retro sci fi vibe as this one would. It has to be made!!!!!!!!!!
Please, Please, Please !!!! I'm begging!!

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

This movie is what got me obsessed with synthesizer music!

Our heroes!

forbidden_planet_music_bebe (resized).jpgforbidden_planet_music_bebe (resized).jpg

2 months later
#416 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I changed it to just forbidden planet. If there are any other suggestions let me know.

More game play videos please.

1 month later
#417 5 years ago
CB8B67E0-5443-4366-BBC8-D32FC6B4F442 (resized).jpegCB8B67E0-5443-4366-BBC8-D32FC6B4F442 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#418 5 years ago

Started in on reprogramming for mpf v.50 been putting this off as it's a total PITA. The problem with the old version was the slide player just wasn't up to the task.
Been 3 weeks and I've just got to the skillshot. Been doing battle with the changes as some of the documentation is umm of questionable quality. Had tp make some compromises such as losing the accelerometer which i was using to level the table.
as the game was getting on for fully coded there must be 100000 lines of code to sort. Probably be a couple of months to sort.

#419 5 years ago

Well, hurry!

2 weeks later
#420 5 years ago

next!

Vanishing Point (resized).PNGVanishing Point (resized).PNG
2 months later
#421 5 years ago

now running on MFP51, this has caused some sound quality issues so, back to the salt mines...

#422 5 years ago

Impressive...following.

#423 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

now running on MFP51, this has caused some sound quality issues so, back to the salt mines...

Looks great

8 months later
#424 4 years ago

Live stream on epoTech's Twitch this weekend!

#425 4 years ago

Stream is on now (12:20 EDT) : www.twitch.tv/epotech

#426 4 years ago

About to go read the first 9 pages...brb

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Stream is on now (12:20 EDT) : www.twitch.tv/epotech

I don't think people know that its filming... just saw a lady awkwardly rubbing her belly

#428 4 years ago

Best sci-fi movie ever!
I wish you could hear the audio.
Is there chance of filming at least 1 game with the sound at a decent level before(or after)the room allows the general population into the hall?

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

This is such a cool machine!
Any chance your machine will ever make it to the Allentown Pinball Show or any others in the US?

#430 4 years ago

FP would be an instant buy for me!

#431 4 years ago

Hi guys. A busy weekend. MPF was experiencing a race hence the machine not serving a ball. There's a direct audio stream from Sunday both on YouTube and twitch. I had all sorts of problems with my laptop so hopefully you can at least hear something.
Yes we hope to tour at some point.

1 year later
#432 3 years ago

Any progress on this project? Great stuff if it can be brought to the masses

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Any progress on this project? Great stuff if it can be brought to the masses

largely finished up the code. one crash in the video mode to look at. youtube fppinball

3 months later
#434 3 years ago

Don’t know if this could be useful to you, but they have Robby the Robot toys with lights and sounds on sale at Wal-Mart (in Texas at least) for only $14.92! Gallon of water for size comparison.

40D1F8FD-A771-4F33-AA31-4E1BB9B70AA9 (resized).jpeg40D1F8FD-A771-4F33-AA31-4E1BB9B70AA9 (resized).jpeg

#435 3 years ago

Can't wait to see a new video on this.....

5 months later
#436 2 years ago

Is this project still moving forward? I'd love to see an update if there is one.

#437 2 years ago

Anne Francis stars In...

Forbidden Planeet, oh on oh ohhhhh

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Is this project still moving forward? I'd love to

I took the lockdown (leicester UK was over a year!) to finish the code. Really only needs art.
Unfortunatley my attention has been elsewhere after being fired and suing them. It was supposed to ne at the recent UK pinfest but after 5 months unemployed I couldnt afford to take it.

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

I took the lockdown (leicester UK was over a year!) to finish the code. Really only needs art.
Unfortunatley my attention has been elsewhere after being fired and suing them. It was supposed to ne at the recent UK pinfest but after 5 months unemployed I couldnt afford to take it.

Good luck to you. I hope things pan out with your job and hopefully, one day, we'll get to see the finished product.

3 months later
#440 2 years ago

Hope you are still making progress on this game.

#441 2 years ago

Following

5 months later
#442 1 year ago
Quoted from epotech:

Do you have any updates on the greatest pinball title/theme ever?

#443 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Do you have any updates on the greatest pinball title/theme ever?

Forbidden Planet will be at his years pinfest. Apart from that its done bar artwork which no one seems to want to tackle.

#444 1 year ago

Surely someone on here who's a fan has some graphical skills and could help you out?

#445 1 year ago

We need more pix.....

#446 1 year ago

We need more videos.....

#447 1 year ago
Quoted from epotech:

Forbidden Planet will be at his years pinfest. Apart from that its done bar artwork which no one seems to want to tackle.

Wonder if he could reach out to a local university and find some talented student that needs a senior project?

#448 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Wonder if he could reach out to a local university and find some talented student that needs a senior project?

There's also 5iver and UpWork

1 week later
#449 1 year ago

First in hopefully a series:

See and play it a Pinfest 2022.

#450 1 year ago

Sure like to see this game get built. Such a unique layout and I really like that skill shot.

I almost hate to see artwork on this playfield. I am digging it being white

There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/john-treadeaus-forbidden-planet/page/9?hl=slghokie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.