forbidden planet spanish poster (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
forbidden_planet_cargirl (resized).jpg
forbidden_planet_music_bebe (resized).jpg
forbidden planet matte (resized).jpg
wonka_i_see_what_you_did_(resized).jpg
Robot_B-9_confronts_the_Robotoid_(resized).jpg
There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#251 8 years ago

Nice work!
The layout for this game looks pretty sweet. Are those drop targets on the right side? Drop targets are underutilized in pins these days and is something I always liked shooting at.

#252 8 years ago

Yes drops both sides

1 week later
#253 8 years ago

The machine looks awesome even in white just as it is no artwork.

Looks very futuristic.

Will art take that away?

#254 8 years ago

Damn! I thought there was another update!

#255 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Damn! I thought there was another update!

update, binned off all the OS, the P-ROC is poorly documented so we're moving to the Mission Pinball Framework. I'm thinking of a video to show you all round it as is. In the backbox, under the playfield etc. Nothing new just might be fun.

As for Artwork: As john says, art is the last step. I'll probably cut a new better playfield and move everything across to it. Interested in exploring other materials such as laminated poly/alu combo etc.

#256 8 years ago

Excellent! Thanks!

#257 8 years ago

Definitely post a video. I would love to see it.

#258 8 years ago

Video #1. Pretty poorly shot & edited and sorry for the narrator who hasn't learnt his lines! You get the idea though. Part #2 uploading soon.

#259 8 years ago

Video#2. Yes the game needs cleaning! Hacking on this, sawing that and a ton of gameplay has taken it's toll!

#260 8 years ago

2nd video is set to private. I wanna watch!

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

2nd video is set to private. I wanna watch!

it's still uploading!

#263 8 years ago

I had just read this thread the other day and then saw this at Half Price Books.

20150613_153439.jpg20150613_153439.jpg
#264 8 years ago

Picture didn't attach. Here it is.20150613_153439.jpg20150613_153439.jpg

#265 8 years ago

part 2 should be live now.

#266 8 years ago

Great videos! I agree, the wiring job is second to none. Very efficient and the overall design looks like it would be easy to trouble shoot. Spinners are also always a nice touch too.

#267 8 years ago

Very, very cool.

Love to see more gameplay/ball movement in a video.

Pre-order deposit sent!

#268 8 years ago

Hoping for a movie #3 with 10 minutes of game play to observe the flow of the design.
-mof

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Hoping for a movie #3 with 10 minutes of game play to observe the flow of the design.
-mof

I'd like to see that too.

#270 8 years ago

Beautiful. Love the mechanical design.

It's amazing to me that we still need to handle a raw piece of glass on new machines from the other guys to service the playfield! A college intern could design a better system that would cost less to manufacture.

#271 8 years ago

Well,again,us peons will hafta wait for PAGG 2016 and hopefully this pin will be there! I wonder if JT will be there again for this one? sorry to see some of you comparing Pat L and John T,both do good stuff,and maybe there are a lot of folks that just like to play pinball,and aren't so technical about who did the thing!Peace

#272 8 years ago

I just hope this game is put into production by somebody! I want one!!

#273 8 years ago

Somehow I missed this project! Very nice work!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

2 weeks later
#274 8 years ago

Actuator Cover.pngActuator Cover.png

a little nod to WNBJM...

1 week later
#275 8 years ago

A few weeks in development hell. Luckily the MPF framework is nice (unlike the pypinproc stuff). Got to roughly where we were with the other system with the added bonus that sound and video actually work.
A quick Attract mode, still needs some antialiasing and other slides adding but this was a proof of concept.

#276 8 years ago

Nice work Phil, it must be nice to finally have a working OS you can work with!

#278 8 years ago

IMG_3996.jpgIMG_3996.jpg

#279 8 years ago

Nice work. I'm sure Brian and the others are happy to see some MPF games coming along with more complicated display stuff.

Fwiw, I just finished the all new pyprocgame installer. Your trash talking is officially outdated.

Quoted from epotech:

A few weeks in development hell. Luckily the MPF framework is nice (unlike the pypinproc stuff). Got to roughly where we were with the other system with the added bonus that sound and video actually work.
A quick Attract mode, still needs some antialiasing and other slides adding but this was a proof of concept.
» YouTube video

#280 8 years ago

I think I am going with JT to Kennywood next week. I will chat with him about this.

#281 8 years ago

forbidden_planet_Robby_the_Robot_bts_D.jpgforbidden_planet_Robby_the_Robot_bts_D.jpg

#282 8 years ago

Good stuff! Keep it coming.

5 months later
#283 8 years ago

Anything new?

#284 8 years ago

This looks like another good game that Spooky could do a small run on.
I hope the license could be obtained to make it so.

#285 8 years ago

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

#286 8 years ago

Well a fair bit has been happening.

First up, all of the coils that were directly pulsed stopped working and we couldn't figure out why. Gerry wouldn't send us a schematic so we had no way of problem solving the boards. In the end I bought new boards and fitted them. No difference. Turns out a bug had crept into the MPF code braking the enable_true that it uses. At least I have some spare boards now but the 2 months it's taken is why it's been quiet.
We ditched the ball lifter and fitted a VUK for now as it immediately solves some big problems associated with the driving of it.

Still waiting for a final push on the graphical side as MPF moves to the new systems used... but I'll try to get some video posted on less than the months it's been since the last lot! Still lots to do, there's no modes yet and only today implemented multiball.

#287 8 years ago

I hope this machine will become available someday......Stern...Spooky...get on it!

#288 8 years ago

ok, just a quick general gameplay video I made to test the cameraphone mount I have made. I can't quite get the perspective and it keeps trying to focus but I'll edit something together better. this is just raw footage!

#289 8 years ago

So cool

#290 8 years ago

Stern may think that that flipper freeze on GOT is new, but we had it first! Kicks in during any multiball. No 2 extra balls here, you'll play multiball!

#291 8 years ago

Please ignore the flipper buzzing. I have yet to dial in the PWM settings.

1 week later
#292 8 years ago

This game is going to be so cool. I really hope I get to play one some day.

--Luke

#293 8 years ago

Damn!....I thought there was news!

forbidden_planet_color_robby_3_(resized).JPEGforbidden_planet_color_robby_3_(resized).JPEG

#294 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Damn!....I thought there was news!

forbidden_planet_color_robby_3_(resized).JPEG

Sorry. My bad.

--Luke

#295 8 years ago

Saul Good Man!

#296 8 years ago

Not really news but playing with the VUK which was a lifter. Will have to make a habitrail to suit.

Fp_Topdown_(resized).pngFp_Topdown_(resized).png

2 weeks later
#297 8 years ago

mini update. shooter gate is fixed. next up, get the ramp to work again.

#298 8 years ago

SOMEBODY better pick this game up for production!!

#299 8 years ago

Such a great thread, great work!!

#300 8 years ago

Theme alone, this pin needs to be made in mass.

There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/john-treadeaus-forbidden-planet/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.