(Topic ID: 120522)

John Popadiuk's Magic Girl blog is now open!

By Pinballfantexas

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Star_Gazer
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image-424.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zizzlemeplease.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

How would you prepurchase buys feel about some form of profit sharing in exchange for opening up the production numbers? You guys are essentially investors already. Would you prefer to keep the run to 20 or let it be 100 or more with a slice of the new games from here on out? I don't think JPOP would do this but just thought it was an interesting thought.
Another idea could be to give progressive discounts to original owners for each production threashold crossed.
$500 back after every 10 new games produced. If the run expanded to 100 that would be $5,000 back
The cost to JPOP would be $100,000 to pay back the initial ~20 prebuyers, but he will make ~$1.6 million more in total revenue. If I was an early buyer I would be happy to get such a big discount. And the community could enjoy an unlimited run of what looks to be an amazing game!

something along those lines.. brilliant! whatever it takes to get some manufacturing-production power going on. said in other thread I like his art and designs, getting product out the door seems the problem. I think your idea could unwrap a lot of issues for people doing pre-order stuff, going in at a high price with potential rebates-returns, "like" a shareholder but not. there could be a base price similar to an Ebay "reserve not met", if production goes well your 15k machine might cost 9.
after the production facility is together banging out product, the idea could be abandoned, or not!
we'd see price drops (to a point) on popular machines being ordered, if demand drops off announce a final "to be produced" number, maybe slightly higher priced to see if there are still takers..
it wouldnt be a disappointment to pre-order folks if they know it's the deal when going in.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zizzlemeplease.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/john-popadiuks-magic-girl-blog-is-now-open?tu=zizzlemeplease and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.