John Popadiuk's Magic Girl blog is now open!

By Pinballfantexas

2 years ago

Stats

• 110 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Star_Gazer
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image-424.jpg
image.jpg

There are 110 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Yeah but what if John underpriced the game because he had no idea how much was required to get it right?

I guess that would be his fault then.....
Build a prototype, know your BOM, produce the game, and price it to make a profit. Even if you do all of this in that exact order it is STILL hard to find sustained success in pinball manufacturing. Remember, making pinball machines is *hard*.

#102 2 years ago

Let me get this right ? 19 games total, all the time invested in this and not put it in production seems lIke a waste

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Let me get this right ? 19 games total, all the time invested in this and not put it in production seems lIke a waste

Yeah, agreed. The whole venture just leaves a bittersweet taste for me. The potential of a great machine that I'll never likely play or see...and it may not even be profitable to JPOP...limited to ensure "investors" are happy. Not the best part of the hobby, to be sure, but without the investors JPOP doesn't even try. And maybe JJP doesn't either. I ask myself how much I'd pay for the game...and I can't answer that, because I'd honestly need to play it first. Understand the rules, etc., to outlay big $.

No guts no Magic Grrrrrrrrrllllllllll.

#104 2 years ago

I was looking at this information and on the surface the game looks fantastic. It is obviously his choice on how many to make and sell, so I understand that, but man the overwhelming sentiment seems to be "wish there were more."

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yeah, agreed. The whole venture just leaves a bittersweet taste for me. The potential of a great machine that I'll never likely play or see...and it may not even be profitable to JPOP...limited to ensure "investors" are happy. Not the best part of the hobby, to be sure, but without the investors JPOP doesn't even try. And maybe JJP doesn't either. I ask myself how much I'd pay for the game...and I can't answer that, because I'd honestly need to play it first. Understand the rules, etc., to outlay big $.
No guts no Magic Grrrrrrrrrllllllllll.

how much profit is there in just holding on to per order cash for years?

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

how much profit is there in just holding on to per order cash for years?

Even the highest interest CD is what 1.2 % ?

So you would lose money vs inflation holding on to cash.

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I'm thinking out loud here but say the 19 games get built and they go to their rightful owners. What are the chances that the software is going to be anywhere close to complete? I know I heard something about the potential for "Open Source" code but even so with only 19 games and probably a good number of those not being opened for "investment" reasons there isn't a large enough base or availability for open source to work on such a small game run. I'm sure the game would be valuable from a collector standpoint and beautiful to look at but will it be any fun to play?

1 week later
#108 2 years ago

It's fascinating to me to scroll through all the pages and see the amount of work that goes into designing and building a pinball machine.

I'm very thankful that this was made available to all.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Even the highest interest CD is what 1.2 % ?
So you would lose money vs inflation holding on to cash.

Inflation is a monetary phenomenon.

#110 2 years ago

Very inspirational to look at all the work done to make this piece of magic! (frankly enough material to make a vp version for the not-so-lucky-fans...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 104.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 27.50
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 110 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 1,035 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside