Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jpop
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-1.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    Jpop_006.JPG
    Jpop_005.JPG
    6-150x150.jpg
    SWE1_002.JPG
    SWE1_001.JPG
    imag0137.jpg
    41-300x262.jpg
    31-300x289.jpg
    21-282x300.jpg
    1.JPG
    dcf.JPG
    DCside.JPG
    1.JPG
    1.JPG
    #1 12 years ago

Kinda bored today, and thought I would post some of John's work I have acquired from him. Hope you enjoy. This is a Pinball 2000 cabinet concept design.

1.JPG1.JPG

#2 12 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire could have been called something else!

// Error: Image 16009 not found // 1.JPG1.JPG

#3 12 years ago

Theatre of Magic was suppose to be ...

DCside.JPGDCside.JPG dcf.JPGdcf.JPG 1.JPG1.JPG

#4 12 years ago

thanks for sharing...interesting concept on the pin 2000 cab, wonder if it was too radical.

#5 12 years ago

Eight Ball Universe. Could have been cool. Sequel to Eight Ball Deluxe.

21-282x300.jpg21-282x300.jpg 31-300x289.jpg31-300x289.jpg 41-300x262.jpg41-300x262.jpg

#6 12 years ago

Check out this cool cabinet, you can fold it up and wheel it off. You would have to take the head off.

imag0137.jpgimag0137.jpg

#7 12 years ago

Here are two pics of concept artwork for SWE1.

SWE1_001.JPGSWE1_001.JPG SWE1_002.JPGSWE1_002.JPG

#9 12 years ago

Wow, so lucky that the David Copperfield one didn't come to fruition. That Pinball 2k design looks cool.

#10 12 years ago

David Copperfield turned into Theatre of Magic.

#11 12 years ago

Yeah, I read that. I'm just not a fan of David Copperfield is all. Cool stuff!

#12 12 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire Cad drawings and scribble from John.. Check out the different inserts and layout

Jpop_005.JPGJpop_005.JPG Jpop_006.JPGJpop_006.JPG

#13 12 years ago

John's taking a break. He's wondering if you have a Xenon for sale?

#14 12 years ago

was watching the ben heck feed today, it's amazing to watch someone like john work his magic.. laying out the playfield on foam and using cardboard to build ramps and rails. It was interesting to hear facts like how every ramp entrance is typically 2 balls wide to make it reasonable skill for the novice player, and 1-1/2 ball widths would be for an advanced user.

#16 12 years ago

Totally glad David Copperfield became TOM instead

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

Eight Ball Universe. Could have been cool. Sequel to Eight Ball Deluxe

Are you certain about this one? Cause it has chicks from X-men all over it.

#18 12 years ago

Thanks for sharing. These drawings and design studies are awesome. Also the halfway there ones with loads of corrections.

I wish there was floating more of these from more artists.

#19 12 years ago

Thanks for posting the pics, I love seeing how things could have been before production. The Copperfield drawings are a great case of how much better a non-licenced theme can stand the test of time. TOM would'nt look dated if it was relised today.

#20 12 years ago

It would take a year to produce a game at Williams. Here u can see two different CAD playfields for CV that doesn't look like the production.

#21 12 years ago

Very cool things to have!

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from soren:

These drawings and design studies are awesome.

I wonder if "The Duke", is cool with these being online???
    (Well, what do I know... )
    That 'Defenders' machine would've been sweet! Much better than "Wizard Blocks", for sure!
    'Cirqus Pirates' FTW!!!

"Eye-Patches" are cool! Just ask DM... Or Snake Plissken!

images.jpegimages.jpeg images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

Theatre of Magic was suppose to be ...

I'm really, really glad that didn't happen. David Copperfield was extremely popular in the 80s but I think the game would have a dated feeling now if it were themed after him.

#24 12 years ago

Yes we had worked 6 weeks on MDC until we were told that he walked. So the Death Saw became the Tiger Saw, and the Vanishing Lady became the Magic Mirror, etc.... Jpop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/john-popadiuk-artwork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.