By NickRocco

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Like many, I am having trouble with the hand on my Johhny Mnemonic machine.
    I ran the hand test with the following results:

Self test: Passed

Home test: Passed

Move test: Worked fine to start but then failed. I was able to move the hand to all (4) of the travel corners but as I went back and forth a few more times it failed. I did notice that when the hand moved all the way forward it seemed to want to continue to travel just a bit which caused the guide rod to bow slightly until I moved the hand back.

Auto Run test: The hand picked up the ball and then started to move but dropped the ball before it even got close to the matrix. It picked up the next ball but then did not move or drip the ball. While still holding the first ball it picked up the second ball and the third ball but did not move and did not drop any of the balls.

The problem seems to be intermittent as shown during the tests.

Can anyone offer some suggestions on what to check and/or replace?

Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johhny-mnemonic-hand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.