IMG_9804.PNG
IMG_9803.PNG
IMG_9802.PNG
IMG_9801.PNG
IMG_9800.PNG
IMG_9799.PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
lucy-football (resized).jpg
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago

Should we have patted him on the back? Represent Pinside....oh please. The guy comes here with, I have a story to tell all of you. Then it's nah , nevermind, my facebook group is bigger and I don't feel like typing. Talk about being frickin RUDE!

Let's just write the guy a check for pinsider of the year. Does that represent Pinside a little better?

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Meanwhile... Pinside gets all demanding and shats on him for not serving them soon enough.

Meh. In the time OP took to write the original post, he could have quickly summarized his situation, like so (obviously I don't have personal knowledge of any of this, this is just boiled down from the Facebook screengrabs by way of example, point is it ain't Moby Dick and can be summarized in a paragraph):

Made a trade+cash deal with Joe, we agreed I would drive my game up by truck and meet at his home to finish the deal. I drove seven hours and he bailed on our meeting time so I had to get a hotel. Then the next morning he refused to even meet me, claiming with no basis that I didn't have the money (I sent pictures to prove it), and at one point threatening to call the police if I came to his property. I kept trying to work things out and we eventually completed the trade, but then he claimed I had underpaid (we counted the money in public together, I didn't), and then after I had the game loaded demanded additional money beyond what we'd agreed to "release" the topper to me. Total nightmare to deal with, stay far away from this guy!

Instead, OP started a thread inviting others to post their own negative comments, said he'd post his own experience shortly, and then never did. Unless you've never been on an internet forum before, it's not shocking that this didn't play well. I know you like to have the last word so I'll leave you to it, but you've got the wrong end of the stick on this one.

#53 3 years ago

This OP is not exactly a class act himself. Looks at the countless posts on Pinside of him acting like a jackass...

Not saying the seller didn't try to screw him but seems like a good match to me.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Meh. In the time OP took to write the original post, he could have quickly summarized his situation, like so (obviously I don't have personal knowledge of any of this, this is just boiled down from the Facebook screengrabs by way of example, point is it ain't Moby Dick and can be summarized in a paragraph):
Made a trade+cash deal with Joe, we agreed I would drive my game up by truck and meet at his home to finish the deal. I drove seven hours and he bailed on our meeting time so I had to get a hotel. Then the next morning he refused to even meet me, claiming with no basis that I didn't have the money (I sent pictures to prove it), and at one point threatening to call the police if I came to his property. I kept trying to work things out and we eventually completed the trade, but then he claimed I had underpaid (we counted the money in public together, I didn't), and then after I had the game loaded demanded additional money beyond what we'd agreed to "release" the topper to me. Total nightmare to deal with, stay far away from this guy!
Instead, OP started a thread inviting others to post their own negative comments, said he'd post his own experience in 10 minutes, and then never did. Unless you've never been on an internet forum before, it's not shocking that this didn't play well. I know you like to have the last word so I'll leave you to it, but you've got the wrong end of the stick on this one.

And thats just one part of the story... there are about 50 comments on the thread. Plus You are glossing over this was a live situation and presumably was more active on facebook because over there were several sources who actually had something to say about the guys past... including several first hand accounts. Basically.... thats where the actual engagement was happening live.

Read the thread there verse the one hear and see a polar opposite of help and attitude.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Read the thread there verse the one hear and see a polar opposite of help and attitude.

So you’re saying he got support and advice in the forum where he provided the details? Sounds about right.

#56 3 years ago

Am I correct in saying this guy got a NIB Wonka for a roadshow and 1400 cash as an end result of this story?

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Am I correct in saying this guy got a NIB Wonka for a roadshow and 1400 cash as an end result of this story?

That’s how I read it. It would definitely make more sense why he sent a driver and paid for a hotel.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guy is a known Dbag. Op is just trying to give some warning to others.

Sure looks that way, and yet 27 people downvoted him? this place is fucking weird.

after reading the facebook bits, I agree this Zenk fella seems batshit crazy. But OP got a good deal in the end? Maybe crazy worked the other way this time?

Interesting that rzenk1 replacement account was created over 2 years ago. Old jzenk1 account deactivated a few months ago, so he was dual-accounting for 2 years. Never a good/honest reason to do that.

New-13 (resized).pngNew-13 (resized).png
#59 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Sure looks that way, and yet 27 people downvoted him? this place is fucking weird.
after reading the facebook bits, I agree this Zenk fella seems batshit crazy. But OP got a good deal in the end? Maybe crazy worked the other way this time?
Interesting that rzenk1 replacement account was created over 2 years ago. Old jzenk1 account deactivated a few months ago, so he was dual-accounting for 2 years. Never a good/honest reason to do that.
[quoted image]

The OP has a history of being a jackass. People remember.

#60 3 years ago

Looks like both accounts are deactivated now.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The OP has a history of being a jackass. People remember.

Gotcha.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And thats just one part of the story... there are about 50 comments on the thread. Plus You are glossing over this was a live situation and presumably was more active on facebook because over there were several sources who actually had something to say about the guys past... including several first hand accounts. Basically.... thats where the actual engagement was happening live.

Dude, sorry, but you are defending the wrong side on this one. It's OK, just admit it. It's not like we all don't already know.

#63 3 years ago

Maybe those not on FB will get the details when the OP has more time. Patience is a virtue.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Patience is a virtue.

Not in this hobby.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Not in this hobby.

And not on Pinside!

#66 3 years ago

Since the op got his deal he has no reason to update. Seems simple to me. It was a travesty upon him until he got the smoking deal he wanted now he could not care less.

No one comes out smelling good on this one.

#67 3 years ago

Joe and I went round and round for weeks.

He canceled many times telling me he was coming down to Richmond for the trade.
He told me he always wanted a roadshow and that it was for his wife.
Said he only had Two pins in his life. A WOZ that he traded for a NIB Wonka.

I offered to meet him for the trade after he kept messaging me.
He agreed. We loaded up and got ready then he cancled yet again!

He claimed he didn't know how heavy pins were and thet he couldn't get his into his truck.
He offered me $300 to drive to him at 5pm and so we did.
He knew we wouldn't arrive until 12:30-1:30am and he said he was always up until 3am and this was not an issue.

I kept asking about if I sent the cash with my driver. I sent him a pic of cash.
At 12 midnight (I was sleeping) he starts texting me that the deal is off because he and his wife counted the stack or $20s in the photo and claimed we were short. No deal and that if we came to his house he would call the Police! Then more texts for an hour, and more mentioning of police.

When my driver called, they said it was way too late and told him to come at 6:30am

So he did. The wife grabbed the cash and ran inside then came out claiming money is missing. My driver was confused as it was counted multiple times.
They held hostage a topper and said they needed more money and we get no topper. This went on, lots of stuff missing from the story.

I could write a 100page novel on this whacky guy from what happened and stories others have told me.

Turns out this is roadshow #3 for him. He instantly tried to swap that for another game the following day.
He is known as an idiot and always looses on trade deals.

My Roadshow was very very nice. Invisiglass, Pinsound, Pinstadiums, LEDs, cabinet restored, colordmd, excellent playfield.
This trade deal was not that amazing. Just fair IMO.

#68 3 years ago

Told others his wife died a few time, then wife had cancer, then wife had stroke.
Started a go fund me for her and bought pins with that money.

Wife and Joe are both criminals and a dozen people would agree with that statement.
They both are nutjobs!

#69 3 years ago

This is the facebook group where multiple posts regarding Joe have been posted, including mine.

Yes, facebook is better for stuff like this and pinside forum is not so helpful or friendly.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArcadePinball

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Since the op got his deal he has no reason to update. Seems simple to me. It was a travesty upon him until he got the smoking deal he wanted now he could not care less.
No one comes out smelling good on this one.

piss off. It was not an amazing deal. It was a fair trade.
My roadshow was amazing.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

jkashani , could you please share a link to which facebook group? The O.P. has turned out to be a complete ass.

Fuck you too buddy! I have no idea why you are calling me an ass?

#72 3 years ago

My bad

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Sounds like you deserve the run around.i hope this bothers you for years.

Kinda confused about your comment.

OP and his driver got royally screwed over here. Also seems Zenk's pretty wife ran inside and took cash.

What's with the shitty comments dude? And please correct me or inform me as to what i'm missing here?

#74 3 years ago

And, that why pinside sucks.

Last time I post here.

My mistake for even thinking this was a good idea to warn others.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Pinside doesn't suck.

Some of it's members do.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I could write a 100page novel on this whacky guy from what happened and stories others have told me.

Thanks for coming back to fill in the details, should be a helpful warning for Pinsiders in the future thinking of doing business with this joker.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Last time I post here.

Thanks for the warning.

For what it's worth, OP trades a lot of pins in the Richmond area on facebook. I have never personally traded with him, but have traded with those who have whom speak highly of him that I trust. He almost got my Champion Pub and I should have jumped on his High Speed. If you ever get a chance to trade with OP (not the Joe guy), his pins are really nice.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Fuck you too buddy! I have no idea why you are calling me an ass?

I have always been told if the shoe fits...

Here, let me explain why I called you an ass. Nah, nevermind, do your own research. Sound familiar?

#79 3 years ago

I am not one to really speak on these things but I was personally stolen from by Mr. Zenk. I was unaware I was stolen from for a significant amount of time, then when I called to ask him about the matter I was told his autistic child found his wife dead in a pool of blood. Ay that moment I was concerned for a human being on the other side of the coin. I didn't bother joe and assured him I would be there for him if he needed anything. When I hung up I felt like a piece of trash because I was calling about my property and a man's wife was lost. None of this was true however. I found out by a mutual acquaintance telling me that I was dreaming and this dude is a known scam artist. I then spoke with some of our staff and other individuals I knew within the pinball community. I reached back out to zenk and he then began some of the thing antics that are described in this thread. "you theatened my son" "I have dirt on you and I'll tell everyone, etc". I just simply told him that his wife was not dead. That was not cool to pretend that and I will see him in court of some manner. Unfortunately for him I now have what I need to proceed with court. Video footage at my shop, testimony from employees that helped him and a paper trail. If anyone wants to join me in this venture that has been wrong by Mr. Zenk aka being "zenked". Please reach out to me here and I will help you in your journey to bring this dude to justice. Keep in mind he will threaten you with "he will protect himself" and "I'm a licensed firearm card holder" but let's not forget the classic, "I'll do whatever is necessary to protect my family"

Sorry for the long and drawn out response to this thread. Thank you to the OP for making us aware of the situation. I personally will never start a thread in this manner but it takes some guys to call someone out and for that I appreciate ya. I don't know some of the people chiming in about zenk but please reach me if you care to know another friend in the hobby.

Cheers,

Chris M

5 months later
#80 2 years ago

Here's the new Pinsdie handle that Joe Zenk goes by (Rslack2). Here's his most recent ad (see below). I go Zenked for sure. I have a HUO TSPP I was trading with cash for the machine. My TSPP is at my buddy's house in Cleveland and I reached out to the ad and we quickly come to a deal. We set up a time for that my buddy will be home and he'll bring the game over. My buddy jumps through hoops all day to make this work and about an hour before the trade he reaches out and send pictures of it having cabinet damage so we hit pause on the deal. My buddy's Spidey senses goes off and he tells me to reach out to other Pinsider's in the area with a TSPP. Sure enough I reach another Pinsider and a few weeks ago him and Joe come to a deal and right before the trade he states to this Pinsider he just found the cabinet damage/etc. This dude gets off wasting others time.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/113720

#81 2 years ago

It looks like the account has been deactivated by it's owner

#82 2 years ago

He jerked me around for a week and a half we made a deal and he insisted he delivered to me. We set up a time and he as a no show. He has been messaging me constantly but I quit responding after I read this thread.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

but I quit responding after I read this thread.

Sorry to hear that Jim. I would have done the same.

1 week later
#84 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

a helpful warning for Pinsiders in the future thinking of doing business with this joker.

Agreed. Thanks!

#85 2 years ago

He still has the Guns and Roses on Facebook. BEWARE

1 week later
#87 2 years ago

Joe also did this exact run around to me and my buddy. Had 2 games in on a trade "for GNR". He flaked out first time after I packed up my game. THen flaked out a second time. Then flaked out a 3rd time after again packing up a game. THen he started blatantly lying about the condition of the playfield after sending pics. Like.... DUDE I CAN SEE THE PICTURES!

After I told him the deal was off he tells me he will drive all the way to me (after telling me I have to pay him to meet half way for his time and gas). I have ignored him.

This was at least a 3 week process. RSLACK2 was his handle on here but he has left. I had him Paypal me $20 (that I never accepted) and his name was on it. The original deal was a $200 deposit and he said "paypal would only let me send $20."

I think he's bipolar as well. LMAO

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

He jerked me around for a week and a half we made a deal and he insisted he delivered to me. We set up a time and he as a no show. He has been messaging me constantly but I quit responding after I read this thread.

Yeah, he keeps messaging me also wanting to still do the deal but the dude is borderline CRAZY!!!!

Did the same thing with me on a TSPP. Definitely AVOID

#89 2 years ago

He messaged me wanting my Munsters topper.he had no money and wanted me to trade my topper and 1-3 of my games for his GnR. I had no trade but offered cash and topper and he declined.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

He messaged me wanting my Munsters topper.he had no money and wanted me to trade my topper and 1-3 of my games for his GnR. I had no trade but offered cash and topper and he declined.

You don’t want to deal with him... trust me. His GNR cabinet is all beat up

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

The only pics he sent me were of the game wrapped up. This guy is a piece of work.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I won't be

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does he even own one... I doubt that

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Does he even own one... I doubt that

He does own one. I didn’t think he did but he does. He literally torched the cabinet though when he got it. I believe it dropped from a significant height because the cabinet is cracked on the bottom on both sides.

2 weeks later
#95 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

the cabinet is cracked on the bottom on both sides.

That will drop the price by several hundred

6 months later
#96 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Last time I post here.

Spoiler alert:
It was not the last time he posted here.

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Spoiler alert:
It was not the last time he posted here.

Ha. I started in the High Speed thread and re-read this one and so wanted to point this out too.

1 month later
#98 2 years ago

Buyer beware looks like Joe is trying to sell his Guns and Roses cough cough again.

F85D163D-E23B-45DB-A5F4-FD9649AF35D7.jpegF85D163D-E23B-45DB-A5F4-FD9649AF35D7.jpeg
#99 2 years ago

I like how he doesn’t disclose the cabinet damage…I’m sure he’ll agree to a trade and then disclose the day of the trade, like he’s done on the last 3-4 trades on this machine

#100 2 years ago

I want to know who gave him 6 stars

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
9,600 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-zenk-from-ohio/page/2?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.