IMG_9804.PNG
IMG_9803.PNG
IMG_9802.PNG
IMG_9801.PNG
IMG_9800.PNG
IMG_9799.PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
lucy-football (resized).jpg
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

jzenk1 and now new account is https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/the-lounge

I'll let others post their experiences, then I will post what just happened to me 10min ago.

Begin!

#2 3 years ago

I could not quite follow, even given the link, to sub forum. Do tell, good or bad, to clarify.

#3 3 years ago

Saw the thread on facebook, apparently a flaky scammer.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Yep. Never had experience with him directly but lots of scam attempts around 2016/2017, mainly on FB. He is long banned from the main "Ohio Arcade Collectors" group but if you search his name on there you can find all the people talking about how he tried to scam them on trades, setting up go fund mes for his "sick" wife and using the money on games. Also a notorious time waster...agree to buy and trade and never showing up, having people drive games to trade and then canceling etc.

#5 3 years ago

I will tell my story soon.

My driver is still near his house. I am in Richmond VA

But, this guy is 100% a liar and sketchy person.

His wife too!

I feel so luck things didn't go worse than what just happened! Whew! Close call!

#6 3 years ago

Spill the beans

#7 3 years ago

Well, we’re waiting!

#8 3 years ago

I do think I remember this guy and the Go-fund me. Was this the same guy who was living in his Grandma house and was purchasing pins while asking for the gofundme $$?

#9 3 years ago

"Don't bury the lede," as they say.

#10 3 years ago

Now I remember..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Now I remember..
[quoted image]

Yep that's the one. There are alot of other posts in that group and thread about weird stuff he has pulled on people.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Now I remember..
[quoted image]

Dude, some people need to learn proper grammar and punctuation. I could barely understand that mess of a screenshot. Seriously, that was just terrible.

#13 3 years ago
well-were-waiting (resized).jpgwell-were-waiting (resized).jpg
#14 3 years ago

It is a long discussion on Facebook, in a pinball group.

I'm not typing all that again, and sorry.

We have more participants in the facebook group than here.

But this guy is a whack job and a liar. Scams people for years now.

I counted close to 20 people who all had bad stories and still Joe owes them either cash, or a new playfield, or entire pinball machines, etc

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

But this guy is a whack job and a liar. Scams people for years now.
I counted close to 20 people who all had bad stories and still Joe owes them either cash, or a new playfield, or entire pinball machines, etc

I don't see the post on FB, maybe you can do some copy and paste or some screen shots?

#16 3 years ago

So you make a thread bashing the guy, and tell us you will post your experiences in 10 minutes, then back out of it and just leave this half-assed thread up here with no information in it for future pinball people to find at a later date. If you search this guys name on google 6 months from now, this thread with ZERO info will come up, not posts in some private facebook group most people do not have access to.

#17 3 years ago

Dumbest OP ever

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Dumbest OP ever

Ditto .....

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

jzenk1 and now new account is https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/the-lounge
I'll let others post their experiences, then I will post what just happened to me 10min ago.
Begin!

Quoted from turbo2nr:

At this point you're as flaky as the guy you're posting about.

#20 3 years ago

Yup I was thinking the same why even make the post here

Quoted from Puffdanny:

Dumbest OP ever

#21 3 years ago

Zenk needs a NIB wife.

#22 3 years ago

Potentially libelous, as mans reputation attacked without evidence to substantiate. It would be in ops interest to at least post what happened to him.

#23 3 years ago

turbo2nr-

If you lost time, money or even a bit of your sanity and your original intent was to warn the community could you please take a few minutes to explain what happened to the Pinside community? Many of us don't have Facebook and (I'm guessing) even those with Facebook have no simple way to access whatever discussion you refer to.

This is a community where we help each other and information is help and often key to decisions people make. Please take a few minutes of your time to make sure that someone else does not get scammed or have their time wasted with this person. Thank you in advance.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Zenk needs a NIB wife.

I almost feel sorry for him?

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I almost feel sorry for him?

Don't, he's a piece of dirt.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Don't, he's a piece of dirt.

Your right his punishment is to wake up every morning next to her!I hope your both reading this Dirtbags!

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Zenk needs a NIB wife.

Quoted from romulusx:

Your right his punishment is to wake up every morning next to her!I hope your both reading this Dirtbags!

I know zero about Zenk, sounds like plenty of people here have had bad experiences with him (including OP I guess, though he bizarrely refuses to talk about it after starting a thread to talk about it). But regardless of what Zenk has done, it's pretty lame to be taunting his wife's physical appearance, especially if she's not actively involved in whatever it is he's accused of doing.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I know zero about Zenk, sounds like plenty of people here have had bad experiences with him (including OP I guess, though he bizarrely refuses to talk about it after starting a thread to talk about it). But regardless of what Zenk has done, it's pretty lame to be taunting his wife's physical appearance, especially if she's not actively involved in whatever it is he's accused of doing.

I hope I didn’t offend your sensibilities but the op clearly stated that she was involved.You can put your ugly people sign down now.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

t's pretty lame to be taunting his wife's physical appearance, especially if she's not actively involved in whatever it is he's accused of doing.

Thanks for the ethics lesson.

But she needs modded. Or at the least, Cliffy's.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Well then, doesn't that make you a liar too?

lucy-football (resized).jpglucy-football (resized).jpg
#31 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

jkashani , could you please share a link to which facebook group? The O.P. has turned out to be a complete ass.

#32 3 years ago

Cool story, bro.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

jkashani , could you please share a link to which facebook group? The O.P. has turned out to be a complete ass.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ohioarcadecollectors

#34 3 years ago

I am in this group but did not see the discussion that is "supposedly" happening according to OP

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I am in this group but did not see the discussion that is "supposedly" happening according to OP

Thats where I saw it first. Search for "Zenk" in the group and it should come up.

(I have no affiliation with this situation. Was just helping by adding the FB that someone asked for)

#37 3 years ago

Private group...you have to join to even be able to see any of this. Too bad the OP is too lazy to at least give us some cliffs notes or screen shots. Future searches on the web for this guy will not show anything of substance, and other people will get ripped off.

#38 3 years ago

The OP said it was lengthy - this was just someone posting about this post and then back to 2016.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#39 3 years ago

The new story is posted in the Mid-Atlantic Pinball & Arcade Enthusiasts group on Facebook. (I believe this is also a private group.) The thread is quite long with lots of information. I will post some screenshots of the base story.

#40 3 years ago
IMG_9799.PNGIMG_9799.PNGIMG_9800.PNGIMG_9800.PNGIMG_9801.PNGIMG_9801.PNGIMG_9802.PNGIMG_9802.PNGIMG_9803.PNGIMG_9803.PNGIMG_9804.PNGIMG_9804.PNGIMG_9805.PNGIMG_9805.PNGIMG_9806.PNGIMG_9806.PNGIMG_9807.PNGIMG_9807.PNGIMG_9808.PNGIMG_9808.PNGIMG_9809.PNGIMG_9809.PNG
#41 3 years ago

This is so confusing... was the final deal a Roadshow plus $1400 for a NIB Willy Wonka? If so, is anyone else looking for Joe Zenk's info so they can start trading games with him? Was the Wonka stolen? Why would he leave so much money on the table in this deal?

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I hope I didn’t offend your sensibilities but the op clearly stated that she was involved.

OP didn’t clearly state anything! He teased a juicy story and then plugged some private Facebook thread. Also lame.

#43 3 years ago

He said later that the wife was involved too!You know I think you and Joe might be able to work something out if you hurry

#44 3 years ago

Holy crap pinside... I know many of you hate facebook, but you are taking this all the wrong way.

The guy is trying to simply name a bad seller and attempts to create new accounts so others won't get duped. He wasn't trying to relive the whole thing and you guys are on his nuts for not spoonfeeding you all the dirt.

It wasn't about the story - it was about the new accounts. Jeezus... this thread makes pinside look like shit.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Holy crap pinside... I know many of you hate facebook, but you are taking this all the wrong way.
The guy is trying to simply name a bad seller and attempts to create new accounts so others won't get duped. He wasn't trying to relive the whole thing and you guys are on his nuts for not spoonfeeding you all the dirt.
It wasn't about the story - it was about the new accounts. Jeezus... this thread makes pinside look like shit.

Agreed.

Guy is a known Dbag. Op is just trying to give some warning to others.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Agreed.
Guy is a known Dbag. Op is just trying to give some warning to others.

I don't disagree, that being said if the final deal was a Roadshow and $1400 for a NIB Wonka, I would suspect the guy and his wife most likely are feeding addiction problems more than anything else.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Usually I agree with nearly every post you make here on Pinside flynnibus but I note that the OP himself said "I will tell my story soon." Then he didn't tell his story at all because it was too long and apparently posted somewhere else that most people can't get to.

I do agree though that certain people who insulted the OP or were otherwise rude/brutal just because they didn't get a story do not represent pinside well in this thread.

#48 3 years ago

The OP was the one who suggested he had a story to tell - he could of left it at beware of the scammer. The story is relevant because maybe this guy was using a fake name or something else shady that everyone should look for. With no story nobody would have known. Its not always about just looking for drama. Being in Ohio I was genuinely curious so that I could watch out.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Usually I agree with nearly every post you make here on Pinside flynnibus but I note that the OP himself said "I will tell my story soon." Then he didn't tell his story at all because it was too long and apparently posted somewhere else that most people can't get to.

Quoted from djsolzs:

The OP was the one who suggested he had a story to tell - he could of left it at beware of the scammer.

The OP created this thread while the whole thing was still playing out (including his original 'I'll tell my story' comments, etc). He had a long drawn out drama including people traveling, staying overnight, multiple iterations of deals up, down, sideways, police threats, etc. The facebook thread has like 50+ posts of people sharing their experience with the guy, history, etc... Facebook is where people were giving him info and where he was actually telling the story. So you have all that info to duplicate, and then you have the OP getting through this multi-day 'live as it unfolds' drama. Pinside wasn't in the mix of the live playout.. but facebook was. You can understand why after it was all over... the OP comes back and basically says in effect.. I'm exhausted and don't want to relive it.

Meanwhile... Pinside gets all demanding and shats on him for not serving them soon enough.

I get that people only see a portion of the story and wonder 'whats happening...' but that is no reason to get ugly and abusive.

Those really on the edge of your seat, simply join the FB groups. I hate facebook, especially for history searching, etc and I think the info should be here... but get off the guy's nuts. He just had 24+hrs of drama.

#50 3 years ago

And apparently stole a stolen Wonka....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,600 (OBO)
$ 64.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 91.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-zenk-from-ohio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.