(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#339 5 years ago

never mind

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

So has anyone tried to draw up a guess on the overhead layout of Oktoberfest based on the teaser photo?
A lot of interesting looking items on that teaser. Assuming the image is taken from near the shooter lane:
- left ramp
- left scoop
- side ramp (fed by upper right flipper I assume)
- 5 stand up targets on the right
- not sure what is going on in the back right - ball lock of some sort?
- right orbit
- insert outlines
- wireforms everywhere!
I tried drawing a sketch of an overhead layout but it looks like a three year old drew it.
[quoted image]

I can only make out three busty women wearing dirndls, a dancing guy in lederhosen, and about 6 steins of foamy beer in that pic. Why would an Oktoberfest game have anything else?!

#377 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

So much potential. ... The art package could be tremendous...so much could be done with this.
[quoted image]

Totally agree! Lots of opportunity for creativity beyond just "big boobed women and beer" that the naysayers can only envision as part of an Oktoberfest theme. I'm confident that AP will capture the total spirit of the festival in another fun and beautiful game!

No pressure though Joe, Josh & AP team.

#401 5 years ago

Just because:

Vunderbar! (resized).jpgVunderbar! (resized).jpg

#417 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

WTF? How did the dog communicate that to you guys? Lol

TMI

#463 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Americans simply don't get out and see the world.
12% of Americans have never left the state they were born in.
66% of Americans have never left the country. ...

Personally speaking, I'd travel more if I didn't have a new pinball game addiction.

I'm counting on Oktoberfest to enhance my appreciation and knowledge of German culture. Bring on the beermaids!

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No matter how much surgery she gets, she still looks like a 3rd rate drag queen.

Maybe so, but check out that pretzel!

1 week later
#546 5 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Why they cant just make it a fantasy/sci-fi theme is beyond me, it used to work just fine back in the day.

Because they're doing Oktoberfest - a theme with a lot of fun and creative possibilities. Give API some credit for not going with the same old done to death themes.

#554 5 years ago

That was truly gross! Wish I could unwatch it.

#562 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Make a show of it. People will respond.

Yep - definite unique and fun marketing opportunity. Hopefully, AP takes advantage of it.

#567 5 years ago

Creating a festive "Oktoberfest" atmosphere to help promote a new Oktoberfest themed game seems like a marketing natural to me. This doesn't even require AP staff to personally wear any authentic garb. Just hiring a few folks to represent the characters from the game, such as "Otto" the bartender guy and some traditional beerhall waitresses, could really help enhance the game's overall presence at the show.

I'm sure the AP team is already on top of this though! In the meantime, the anticipation builds ...

#586 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Otto is awesome. The chick has a broken back. Her feet are pointing forward and her torso is twisted to an impossible degree that makes her character give a very "weird" impression right off the bat.

Quoted from solarvalue:

First impression: I like it, it seems fun. I can kind of understand where they are going now with the "family friendly" fall festival vibe. Friendly characters, smiling faces and warm tones.

Cool artwork - I'm digging it! Gretta does look a little weird, but I'll get over it. Otto looks great and those beers ... nice head action and looking very tasty!

Boding well for the game so far. If the rest of the artwork as well as the gameplay follow through, Oktoberfest may move to the top of my wishlist!

#593 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

... Looks like the title would suggest I guess, bit on the dull side. Not exactly full of action, two stiff poses on either side of a centered logo, mostly brown everywhere else. Not really all that exciting to back light that. If there's a carnival and rides and whatever else besides beer and pretzel stereotypes I'm not seeing it reflected in the main art.
Not a fan of the broken back "lets show the front and the back" pose on the woman as people have pointed out.
I dunno, it's whatever really. It excites me about as much as the theme, which is to say not at all, but it's not offensive or anything. This is one game that's gonna get sold on the back of gameplay. If it's good no one will care about the translite. I'm confident Joe has good ideas for the code.
But I'm just still perplexed over doing such a mundane theme when there's a whole world of possibilities out there, so don't ask me.

Debbie Downer (resized).jpgDebbie Downer (resized).jpg

#619 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

But if you guys really need something to keep the conversation going . . .
[quoted image]

What the hey Rosh?! The red button is under the blue button and not vice versa?!!! Everybody knows that a red button should ALWAYS be on top! Not to mention that it should be bigger as well.

UNACCEPTABLE!!! Pre-order cancelled.

(of course)

#622 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

First conventional (not P3) machine in the 2000s with more than one flipper button on each side?

Double buttons may only be on one side. First game ever for that?

#630 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Cointaker had marketing up at the York show too.

oops

#642 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Oktoberfest backglass. [quoted image]

lol
Love the duck!

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, Cointaker must have had to pay a bunch to get on every backglass.

You have them confused with Coin Taker beer.

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

[Todd Tuckey beermaid image]

Whoa! I am SO in now!

#692 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Alright, Pinside... y'all had one free bonus sneak peak request before Expo, and if this is what you want, your wish is our command.[quoted image]

Thanks (I guess).

So ... Pinside: why did "we" ask for THIS particular shot?

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Still a single model for this one? Just for my information. Thanks

The Menards Special Edition (if that's why you're asking) is just a rumor at this point.

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Art prediction : ZERO CLEAVAGE
Welcome to the new Puratinical Age.

Dang those Puritans! Apparently, even without cleavage, Greta is too sexy looking for some (looking at you Mrs. Pin).

#1165 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

It was a dad joke.. all the modes are in “tents”

Ba Dum Tssshhh (resized).jpgBa Dum Tssshhh (resized).jpg

#1182 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

...This game is going to be a lot of fun to drink beer with friends, play one handed, and fight over locked balls..
[quoted image][quoted image]

Especially if they're metalheads as well as pinheads.

#1195 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

... Was hoping to see the same shape head as Houdini... maybe I am the only one?

Me too. Had understood from past AP comments that all their games would have the same head. Per Josh Kugler's latest though, sounds like AP is going to go with a unique variation on each new game.

#1361 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

... (would remove Otto and whats-er-name) ...

Unlike some, I'm fine with the drawn Otto and Greta characters. It's the turning Otto head on the playfield that I'd like to see changed to another that better matches his drawn form.

#1403 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

If you're looking for naming suggestions for that 180 ramp, you could call it "The Immelmann" after the half loop/turn used in roller coasters and plane maneuvers.

Excellent! Named after German WWI ace Max Immelmann.

#1497 5 years ago

Hey - there's an Oktoberfest game coming out that's kind of similar to this!

#1501 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Adults today are pussies and generally look forward to being offended, then rushing out to their fave SM platform to find fellow "Offendees" to commiserate with. Pinside is not different.

Not getting the Spider-Man connection

#1505 5 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

"Social media" platforms. Your state is full of them and none of them like monkies either.

monkees

Not sure what platforms you get your misinformation from, but I'm confident that most people in WA state appreciate real monkees. Most of us actually give a shit about the environment and preserving the natural rain forest and jungle habitats where they live in the wild too.

Imagine that.

#1507 5 years ago

You're welcome. Thanks for the stereotyping.

#1509 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And, thanks for both saying thanks. Manners matter, even when you're digging in.

Reading all those Politenessman episodes in my youth apparently paid off!e46f77a730bedcf14f6b0af914ec501e (resized).jpge46f77a730bedcf14f6b0af914ec501e (resized).jpg

#1515 5 years ago

Mais c’est quoi cette histoire de singe???

C'est une tempête de merde pour AP.

1 week later
#1546 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptK:

If you're still in the process of changing some of the artwork, may I suggest replacing the "Chelsea Clinton" face on the contortionist girl with something else?

Get rid of Greta?! Be careful what you ask for.

1414527667528_Image_galleryImage_An_excellent_piece_of_evi (resized).JPG1414527667528_Image_galleryImage_An_excellent_piece_of_evi (resized).JPG

#1555 5 years ago

Yep - some witty writing! What does Hitler mean by "bud out" though???

Must be a nazi thing.

#1564 5 years ago

I wonder if Oktoberfest will be there with its final artwork.

Absolutely. 100% completed layout refinements and final code too.

1 week later
#1596 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I miss the hairy little person with a prehinsile tail.

Buy a Houdini.

1 week later
#1657 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s just damn hard to hit. I don’t think I hit it once in 20 games.

Sounds just like the treehouse ramp shot on my TSPP. Rarely can hit it and very similar looking design by Joe Balcer.

#1666 5 years ago

We want Frankie - THE Polka King!

FY (resized).jpgFY (resized).jpg

#1671 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Best music ever for this pin:

Btw: I bought a Houdini last week and I LOVE it ! Interested in OF also.

You are a wise man.

#1674 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

You guys are harsh. Sounds like a perectly good theme to me. I rather have something more unique like that than your typical superhero movie or decades old rock band. Stuff like that has been done to death.

well it IS Pinside.

+1

I think the theme is very cool and unique. Really looking forward to seeing, playing, and then hopefully, buying the finished game!

3 weeks later
#1704 5 years ago

The new tap on the playfield barrel is a nice improvement too!

oktoberfest-pinball-machine (resized).pngoktoberfest-pinball-machine (resized).png

#1706 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I apologize for nitpicking but the shingles don't look good. I would rather see the blue/white patterned flags. Maybe it will look better in person but it's kind of icky looking in the picture. The back glass is way better now.

I don't mind the shingles artwork as they help convey an "Old Europe" feel to the game for me.

#1710 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think it looks bad on the head, fine on the cab. Head would look better if the alpine scene was just extended downwards.

Shingles are a good thing. Evokes memories of my favorite beer sign that I used to see in (German cultured) Wisconsin in my youth:
Hamms scene-o-rama sign (resized).jpgHamms scene-o-rama sign (resized).jpg

#1713 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

... you were just distracted by Greta The Human Pretzel.

Alas, Greta now replaced by her younger (and anatomically correct) cousin Elke.

Monkey apparently replaced by wiener dog.

#1720 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Would be fun to play this at a pub in Leavenworth, WA. I always loved the cities Bavarian style buildings with the distinct wooden shingles.

Yeah - Oktoberfest is a must game for Leavenworth!

LC36_sq-600x600 (resized).jpgLC36_sq-600x600 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1744 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

This pin has fallen off the face of the earth. After all the art and monkey uproar weird not one topic, thread update or any new details in 3 weeks.

Kaneda keeps bitching about this same issue lately every time he talks about American Pinball. I'm sure - as Lloyd has already responded - that AP is busy finishing the game (as well as moving to a new facility) and waiting to reveal the final version accordingly. Probably at TPF based on past history. Drives me crazy with Kaneda as he's the one who's ALWAYS preaching that companies should stay low until a game is finished - yet he seems to disregard his own sermons a lot. Of course, he has also made it clear that he's NO fan of Houdini or Oktoberfest as well - which is a shame.

Anyway on a positive note, I'm REALLY looking forward to Oktoberfest being finished, but I hope AP continues to focus on making another high quality game rather than rushing it to market!

#1769 5 years ago
Homer_Oktoberfest (resized).jpgHomer_Oktoberfest (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1817 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

... I couldn't be happier with the overall product, and I hope y'all love it too.

Thanks - really looking forward to seeing the finished game!

#1845 5 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I did; the distributor had no clue. I would also guess soon, but I saw mention that the humor isn't near where they want it to be (or something like that lol).

There are tons or distributors that will take your pre-order. Given AP's history with Houdini and where they appear to be with Oktoberfest's development, you should be able to take deliver on the latter by May, if not sooner.

#1853 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Note - this is the proto art....before you comment "I thought they were changing the cabinet art".

Thanks - that was my second thought after seeing Lloyd's post!

Looking forward to seeing more of Oktoberfest!

#1899 5 years ago

Oh yeah - I'm wanting me some Oktoberfest in March!

Go figure, Kaneda.

#1967 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

been keeping this game on the radar and excited to see the updates which I just watched on the twitch stream. Thanks STDM!
Man I want to like this game. The shots and layout seem really fun but the audio and video package REALLY needs to be revisited. I actually didn't mind the old music but this new music package is really bad. As someone mentioned, generic rock to the max and there is def a main track I keep on hearing that really is painful. The fake german audio is really off putting too - it's so obviously off that I'm not sure if it's intended to be a joke? Either way, it just comes off as amateur. Finally the LCD - oh boy. The animation and overall quality really takes away from the experience. I really hope there is time to revisit that but I'm not holding my breath.
I for one would put mirrors on this as there is SO much going on art wise, adding more noise on the sides is really over the top.
I love the layout on this one though and I bumpers are very cool. It has a number of really nice loops too and many shots. I just feel the AV package is literally an anchor to this otherwise good looking game. Interested to see how it ends up.

+1 except for mirror on the sides (I like the existing art blades just fine).

To be totally honest, I'm not as hot on purchasing an Oktoberfest as I was prior to the latest stream. Hopefully, major improvements with the music and animations are still forthcoming. I also watched various segments throughout the stream, but never caught a single ball going into the barrel or a beer barrel multiball in action. A little concerning. Finally, the new Greta replacement (in the animations) looks a bit scary as well.

Thanks to AP and SDTM for the stream and I continue to look for big things in this game as it has so much potential!

#2003 5 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Oh man, I LOVE the theme. ...

+1

Love the beer and German festival theme! I hope to love the game and support AP with a purchase too when I finally get a chance to play one. Until then, I'm enjoying my Houdini!

1 week later
#2189 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

The 14 tent modes are each very different a far as what shots are needed (mode shots have inserts lit as Blue). It was a goal to be sure we leveraged all the different parts of the playfield in the modes. There is quite a variety . . .

Cool! Looks to be another wide-ranging collection of fun modes - one of the reasons I love Houdini!

Quoted from jaytrem:

Still no bumper car drivers. Bummer, I really liked them? Can anybody share the story on what happened to them? Thanks.

Quoted from rosh:

They were a casualty of budget issues, but I believe they will be available for purchase.

Will there be an optional "adult oriented" set of bumper car riders offered as well?

#2288 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

... I have been meaning to come up with a list of compliments that encourage players. Like "concentrate and you will secede" ...

I have to admit that Houdini has yet to make me want to secede.

1 week later
#2319 5 years ago

Looking and sounding good - love the new lighting effects!

Modes look like great fun too!

#2348 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Please don’t. The one dude was a total douch bag on the Houdini review - he played one ball and walked away deciding it was terrible. Hardly a fair review of the game.

Nick Lane's subjective review of Houdini did not go unnoticed by AP.

#2375 5 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

We got one out on route in Madison! Great game so far!
[quoted image]

Cool! Let us know your thoughts on its gameplay please.

2 weeks later
#2604 5 years ago

Stumbled across these on the world-wide internet. Food for thought AP (it's not too late for some more cut & paste is it?)

Just sayin'.

Oktoberfest 1 (resized).jpgOktoberfest 1 (resized).jpgOktoberfest 5 (resized).jpgOktoberfest 5 (resized).jpgOktoberfest 3 (resized).jpgOktoberfest 3 (resized).jpgOktoberfest 6 (resized).jpgOktoberfest 6 (resized).jpgOktoberfest 8 (resized).jpgOktoberfest 8 (resized).jpgOktoberfest 7 (resized).jpgOktoberfest 7 (resized).jpgOktoberfest 10 (resized).jpgOktoberfest 10 (resized).jpgOktoberfest 2 (resized).jpgOktoberfest 2 (resized).jpg

#2605 5 years ago

dup

#2623 5 years ago

Looking forward to playing Oktoberfest!

Given last week's pre-reveal hype, I expected Willy Wonka to knock it down my wishlist, but hasn't happened yet.

#2642 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Octoberfest: review
This is the most honest review of the game you'll ever get. ...

Nah - I think Kaneda's review may be more honest (albeit misguided too) actually. You're BOTH wacked when it comes to not appreciating the beauty of Oktoberfest's theme though.

See my Post #2604 above for the only improvement AP needs to make to sell more Oktoberfest games.

Now go buy a Willy Wonka. Good day Sir!

#2682 5 years ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

...So while some people don't get it, I do. ... This machine is about a fun party, and kudos to americanpinball for nailing it. The tents..the carnival rides...they get it.
If there were just a few more boobs...
tony c

Right on brother - this game is going to be a lot of fun to play.

Year round!

1 week later
#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I disagree, I dont think this game is bad at all.
In fact after I played quite a few games at TPF on early code, I thought is was super fun!
It will only get better with code updates.
I thought is was much more fun and original than the new Munsters games setup everywhere.

Yep - back on the top of my prospective next buy list. Looking forward to playing one at the NW Show!

#2771 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I got my email to ask if I wanted the topper today. $100 for a piece of plastic doesn’t seem like a great deal. I did all of the other upgrades, but I think I’ll pass on this one unless I am missing something special that makes it worth $100.

What are all the other upgrades?

1 week later
#2850 4 years ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

... now we just need some cool mods for that machine...hint hint..

Some slightly more risque plastics and bumper car riders would be a cool start.

#2885 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, now you're just taunting me. I must play this.

Just remember ... you've been warned.

<cue dramatic music>

#2887 4 years ago

No Oktoberfest stream tomorrow night.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stream-channel-flip-n-out-pinball-with-ken-cromwell-amp-bill-webb#post-4990995

Until then:

Peacemaker.gifPeacemaker.gif

BIG load.gifBIG load.gif

Chug.gifChug.gif

#2915 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Delivered and setting up now! Beer is flowing and so is the excitement

Congrats!

Video(s) or it didn't happen.

#2920 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Drinking and playing. Loving it!
Reviews post drunkenness phase in am
It’s a F ing tank and code is great from my man Ferret

Very cool and very jealous! I too look forward to hearing your objective thoughts on the game in AM.

Enjoy!

#2925 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Great review; the last line completely nails it. Is it fun? do you regret buying it? (Like for me -personally- I have regretted every single Stern I've ever had in the house, even IMDN). I don't regret Houdini, I don't want to regret Oktoberfest!

I've bought my fair share of Sterns over the years and they've all been fun to one extent or the other. No regrets.

However, I find myself tiring of the "same old same old" layout/vibe from them and am trending more toward AP, JJP. classic B/W and others now.

I love my Houdini and I have high hopes for OTF and am really looking forward to playing it at the NW Show in 2 weeks!

1 week later
#2992 4 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Too bad it's in Chicagoland, even Ben Heck won't live there...

Ben Heck is a Wisconsinite. Nuff said.

#3002 4 years ago

Finally got to play some games on Oktoberfest at the NW Show today. Such a fun and great looking game - lived up to all my expectations!

Got to meet Josh too! Here he is with some bum at the show:
20190531_123841 (resized).jpg20190531_123841 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3109 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

keep your eyes peeled this won't be the only event in the near future.

You'll be doing one in the Seattle area too then?!

1 week later
#3151 4 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

If anyone has a problem call or text me. 224.422.3191.
If your game isn't setup right it will not play well, and you will not have fun.
Let me make Oktoberfest fun for you..
And if you play one of our games on location and it isn't playing right.. Tell them to call me too. A good playing game will earn more

Just one of many reasons Oktoberfest is at the top of my wishlist!

2 months later
#3558 4 years ago

I knew there was a reason that buying an Oktoberfest felt right!

http://komonews.com/news/local/prost-seattle-named-among-top-10-cities-to-celebrate-oktoberfest

#3579 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

...Still on the fence about Oktoberfest, but I’m very impressed with it.

Stream coming by chance?

#3606 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

5 days till the Party in Munich!! Oktoberfest official starts on Sat Morning in Germany!

Sales opportunity for AP!

Wonder if they have a booth reserved at the Fest.

3 weeks later
#3795 4 years ago

Joe Balcer no longer with AP?!

#3811 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Joe is still with American Pinball. And designing new pins.
LTG : )

Great to hear! Oktoberfest will be the 4th Balcer designed game in my current collection.

1 month later
#4086 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

You heard it here first, folks: American Pinball's next game will be Harry Potter!

A Harry Potter Hogsmeade Edition would go nicely alongside an Oktoberfest!

#4090 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Why did that side art go away ? I like it. Seems it has more flavor and visual interest - at least to me.

I recall a lot of criticism directed at AP on this because the name of the game was obscured.

1 week later
#4145 4 years ago

Nice! - congrats on your ingenuity!

While not exactly fitting the traditional Oktobetfest theme, these bumper car passenger additions are an improvement over an otherwise moribund deserted amusement park ride toy.

AP and modders take note: THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED YET!

#4147 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I thought about making one but there just isnt anyway to fit something under that wireform. The cart almost touches.

How about overserved Oktoberfest patrons that are slumped in their seats?

ya HEY (resized).jpgya HEY (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#4172 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

... How is the new flipper adjustment part for beer barrel coming along?

Whuh? A beer barrel ramp shot fix in the works?!

This ramp shot is my primary gameplay concern in making a final Oktoberfest purchase decision. Just sold my TSPP and I do not desire another unfun "treehouse" ramp shot on a new game.

#4174 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I addressed this earlier. Search for posts by me.

Found your posts on this from a few months ago now.

Thanks! My prior key word searches came up empty.

Reassuring to see you were able to improve this shot's makability!

5 months later
#4544 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Sell me on it!

Well, for starters, there's something about the theme I really dig ...
ac1586eb2b336598bfb389472c2cbc03ba9597f3 (resized).jpgac1586eb2b336598bfb389472c2cbc03ba9597f3 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#4570 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Oktoberfest has landed in the game room!

Congrats! I am truly "jelly".

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the game as you enjoy it at home!

#4573 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

From Facebook:
It’s OKTOBERFEST TIME‼️ Play a REAL-LIFE Oktoberfest pinball over the internet❗️
All you need is an internet connection and click the link to play❗️ https://www.surrogate.tv/game/oktoberfest
To celebrate, Surrogate.tv is hosting a TOURNAMENT (until August 28th) where the top 10 players will receive Oktoberfest themed prizes! To take part in the tournament see Proco's (community moderator) guide how to participate http://proco.me/oktoberfest/.
Join Suuogate.tv's #Discord to get all the updates first, chat with other players from around the world and be the first to hear about new game releases! discord.gg/surrogatetv

Just tried to play this and unfortunately, the flipper delay was so great that it was unplayable. No game callouts or music either while I played. Could hear everything when others played though.

Disappointing as my internet speed is good.

3 weeks later
#4637 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Does anyone have a solution for this? Happens constantly, I may have to bend a plastic piece from the sign to get it to stay out.

Sorry - I can't help as I don't have an Oktoberfest yet. Got a question for you though - what did you use for the striped hex post sleeves on your game? They add a nice touch!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=tuna_delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.