(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spoke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2060 5 years ago

What I believe is most important is layout and rules, if those aren't good the rest does not matter at all. A great layout can survive okay rules and an okay layout can be salvaged by great rules. But if either are truly bad, hard to think it will be a fun game, at least beyond a few plays.

Beyond that music is most important it is whats sets the tone during game play, followed by light shows and callouts, which provide the accent. Way at the bottom of the list is the display. As a player, I don't look up at the display often, but when I do, what I care about is if I can get the info I need, when I need it. I want it to guide me through game play, especially when learning the rules and objectives. If I am a spectator, I'm going to be looking at the display more than a player, and it is nice to see cool animations, but I still have more of my attention at what is going on under the glass.

what JJP has done on with the LCD on their games is pretty outstanding, they also cost significantly more money. From what I have see American pinball is giving a lot of game for the money and if one of the reasons the game is less expensive is they put less budget into the animations, I get that. Question is, would it be worth say $500 a game for better animations, or would I rather put that money elsewhere. I guess the other questions is when they are selling more machines, will they put more money into the animations.

Looking at those two multiball start screens, the JJP certainly has a nicer look and style to it, but not like the Oktoberfest one is bad, just different, and compared to the dots we used go get, there is no comparison. I guess JJP has spoiled us, but, just seems some are way too focused on what I consider the least most important part of the machine.

From those who played sounds like the game shoots well and the rules/code are fun and appear deep, so, that bodes well. Looking forward to playing it.

#2086 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Just saying that most dot games were done better than OKF's display.

I'd like to know what you are smoking and where I can get some.

Sure, the animations are certainly not JJP, but from what I have seen so far, they are certainly better then pretty much any dots I have seen. Makes it hard to take you seriously when you make such an over the top statement like that.

2 months later
#2962 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

getting a little head

And who does not like that

Can you tell us what is new in this next release? New music? Animations? more modes?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spoke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=spoke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.