(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I was in the room when Joe announced it and showed a couple of extreme closeup photos. All I can add is that he was very excited about the game they’ve come up with and whats in it.

Any other info? Expo reveal?

#86 5 years ago

Can't wait to see it at Expo, love new pin reveals!

Probably a good strategy to announce the title a month out so all the debate about the theme choice can run it's course before the reveal.

#201 5 years ago

Looks like it maybe has a third flipper with a side ramp:

Oktoberfest (resized).jpgOktoberfest (resized).jpg
1 month later
#579 5 years ago

Took some screenshots of the Oktoberfest flyer at the York show from a video on Pinball Star's Facebook page:

Oktoberfest 1 (resized).pngOktoberfest 1 (resized).png
Oktoberfest 2 (resized).pngOktoberfest 2 (resized).png
Oktoberfest 3 (resized).pngOktoberfest 3 (resized).png

https://www.facebook.com/PinballSTAR/videos/521631981575570/

#581 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Her feet are pointing forward and her torso is twisted to an impossible degree that makes her character give a very "weird" impression right off the bat.

Really? She's twisted slightly to the left, maybe leaning on the bar a little with her left hip. You've obviously never seen anyone doing yoga. Also note that this is a screenshot of a video which was not shot from directly in front of the flyer, so it's probably not a great representation of the image. It gives you a bit of a feel for the artwork though.

First impression: I like it, it seems fun. I can kind of understand where they are going now with the "family friendly" fall festival vibe. Friendly characters, smiling faces and warm tones.

#616 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

unfortunate someone felt the need to share crappy photos they plucked off some video or something, just so they could be the first to share them.

Oops, sorry, I can take them down if you like, let me know. I honestly didn't realize they were secret. I thought you guys must have authorized Joe from Pinball Star to show the picture at the York Show, it's from his video on Facebook. I'm just excited about the game.

#753 5 years ago

Looks like that TWIP article went up early maybe? Link doesn't work now.

#756 5 years ago

I think an hour and a half until reveal.

#760 5 years ago

I wonder if the bartender's mouth moves? Looks almost like Joe reused his Smaug idea for Hobbit.

#765 5 years ago

Looks like a return to fun, colorful pinball, classic amusement park theme. I like it.

#768 5 years ago

Pics are gone, it was a good sneak peek. Can't wait to see gameplay in an hour or so. I really liked the backglass, playfield and apron artwork.

#772 5 years ago

No problem, I can understand that. Not long to go now.

#1079 5 years ago

There is a mode where you shoot the left ramp, I saw it in the stream.

#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Its still better than this.

I haven't seen it in person, but I really like Ben's AMH playfield art. I also like his cabinet art (ghost version). I really can't see what people don't like about it. To me it's clean and simple, nicely laid out and I really like cartoon ghosts wearing sunglasses for some reason. Can people be more specific about why they don't like it (genuinely interested).

#1221 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

How about "Get The Heck Out" for a slogan?

Could be a new show idea. Live studio audience, contestant is introduced and explains his electronic design problem, audience chants "Get the Heck out!", out comes Ben Heck to solve the problem.

1 month later
#1624 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Sorry, where do we have purple on blue?

Oktoberfest Purple on Blue (resized).pngOktoberfest Purple on Blue (resized).png

3 months later
#2355 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Has anyone been talking about the ridiculous shit Franci did with his "joke" to his Stern cohort/compatriot Yeti? Man, I'm so glad no one else in this industry behaves like that. It was embarrassing and truly unfunny, and so many other artists might have valued that TWIPY.

Umm, you might want to read this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby-coming-soon/page/7#post-4902002

And this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby-coming-soon/page/7#post-4902128

1 week later
#2524 4 years ago

I must be weird, I really like the AMH playfield art, I like the ghosts cabinet too. I've never been given any good reasons why people think its bad. It seems cohesive throughout. Yes, it's a simple style but it's eye-catching, clear and the fonts are easy to read. It reminds me of the simple playfield and cabinet designs of the late 70s, early 80s.

americasmosthaunted (resized).jpgamericasmosthaunted (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=solarvalue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.