(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sarcastichorse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2571 5 years ago

Played Monday night at Level 257 for about 45 minutes. Last game lasted 20:30, but got really boring when it became impossible to hit the left ramp a few minutes into it. Flipper definitely weakens over time. I also had a much harder time getting all the way up the beer barrel shot as time went on. I had a really hard time with the right 180 shot the whole game. Loved the layout with the exception of that shot. Fun to play for sure. Awesome that it plays ein prosit after the game ends. Would love some more direction on how close modes are to being completed and what is going on with the food tent. Also, the blurry picture when starting a mode does not look good. Looking forward to playing a finished product.

#2579 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Whenever a mode is running, there’s a status bar at the bottom of the screen telling you what to shoot and how many more are required to win the mode. It also indicates how many of that tent’s steins you have.
Food Stand features are basically Super {Orbits, Bumpers, Ramps, etc} for points and, more importantly, calories. Calories boost jackpot values for Beer Barrel and Corkscrew multiballs.

Thanks. Will look for that next time I’m back there. Is there a calorie indicator or something else that shows when you’re hitting the orbits/bumpers/ramps or how long they stay lit for? The whole food tent part was puzzling to me.

One other thing - the hit the vuk callout is a little weird. Hit the food tent would be better, and especially with a (aftermarket) tent model over it.

Shots feel great when the flippers are full power and I love the overall build quality.

#2581 5 years ago

Great stuff, rosh. Really excited for the improvements. Thanks so much for the responses. Would love it if you could keep us posted on changes to the Level 257 machine. Good luck in the home stretch.

#2679 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Ummmm... the theme is Oktoberfest. Of course that includes beer, and there's plenty of beer in the game, but it's so much more than that. Yes, rides, games, partying, food, music.
This is Oktoberfest: < (Simply the first hit I got searching YouTube for "Oktoberfest"; feel free to browse the infinite stream of results.) Believe it or not, it's not just oompah music... for whatever weird reason, "Sweet Caroline" is a super popular song there. So are many other pop, rock, and even country songs, both German and American. And keep watching to 8:24 or so to see what kind of carnival it really is.
Really, we didn't just make up a bunch of stuff out of thin air to fill the game. We tried to be faithful to the theme. Even the ducks are absolutely an Oktoberfest tradition.
The original Oktoberfest in Munich Germany is 200 years old and pulls in several million people each year. There are hundreds if not thousands of derivative festivals around the world each year. It's all pretty damn popular and fun.

As a past visitor of Oktoberfest and owner of lederhosen, I think you guys mostly nailed it. Obviously there will be some stylization for a game that strays from authenticity, but overall outside the tents is definitely a carnival vibe that is well represented in the game. There are no bars in the tents that I remember. In 2009 you had to be seated and served by a waitress to get beer in the tents. The other thing that could be improved are the addition of some of the more unique foods like steckerlfisch. And yes, other than Fliegerlied, the most popular songs are American. Nothing like a huge tent singing along to a brass band rendition of Country Roads.

#2729 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

was anyone able to make the upper ramp shot on any of the MGC games?
I tried multiple times and have also been over to play the one on location in Madison 2x now. That upper flipper to ramp shot does not appear to have enough power. Is something going on with this? Still purposefully turned down since early games with 3d printed parts?
I really enjoy the layout and shooting of this game (its best feature), but not much fun with the current feel of the flippers.

I played on a different machine (not at MGC) that had been powered on for some time but no one playing. All shots were very makeable for my first ~25 minutes. After that, upper flipper shot was far more difficult but I hit it once. Steep ramp was impossible. Would love to know if and how this has been fixed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sarcastichorse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=sarcastichorse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.