(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,869 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by NorCalRealtor
  • Topic is favorited by 66 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 430 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E9FA1C67-CC39-45AA-9D44-5F1827E5BBD6 (resized).jpeg
22605FC4-3D2B-44A6-ADB2-B7221410C45E (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
XS5LK (resized).png
IMG_20191007_184649953 (resized).jpg
4d3ce1f2fc7bf999742aa06b8c644871dada44cf.png (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 5.27.53 PM (resized).png
20190930_211302 (resized).jpg
20190928_121546 (resized).jpg
APcake (resized).jpg
IMG_6412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6420 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6414 (resized).jpeg
20190923_161421 (resized).jpg
20190923_160329 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (1 year ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (9 months ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1499 11 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yup. I lived this 4 years back. That's why I've been so vocal about this game's art.
Pins are all about art now. It'll sell a theme nobody wanted (like Metallica) and it will sink a sure bet (like Beatles)
If yoy haven't noticed this trend you haven't been paying attention.

Art didnt save Metallica. Most buyers were disappointed in the "Cartoony aspect" in relation to a band who has an album titled Kill Em all. The fact that the art was hand drawn and awesome, if not metal, kept the initial disappointment down to a low roar.

#1500 11 months ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

It seems the term "adult" has been thrown around pretty loosely. This came up with regard to BreakShot in another thread ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/too-unpolitically-correct-for-public ). See links to BreakShot translites below: I'd only categorize one as "adult". That term's more common connotation is as in "adult movie". Is that what some want or the option AP are talking about?
I just want something that's attractive, reflects Oktoberfest realistically, and doesn't seem censored. That doesn't mean adult to me. More accurate to call the art packages rated (G)eneral and rated (M)ature, or maybe censored and normal is also fitting. Normal art package should be standard, and people can pay for the censored add-on, kind of like the 3rd BreakShot translit.
Or how about we just have the "Prude" add-on: overlay stickers to anesthetize the artwork.
https://images.pinside.com/5/16/51675a5b49a8bc6622a550485c105540686eac5b/resized/large/51675a5b49a8bc6622a550485c105540686eac5b.jpg
https://images.pinside.com/5/d5/5d53a54407da9e64512040b422f7a199e2b034ec/resized/large/5d53a54407da9e64512040b422f7a199e2b034ec.jpeg
https://www.pinballwizard.nl/contents/en-us/p2960_Break_Shot_translite_Capcom_pinball_flipperkast.html
http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/capcom/breakshot/breakshot-alternate-translite-4.html

Adults today are pussies and generally look forward to being offended, then rushing out to their fave SM platform to find fellow "Offendees" to commiserate with. Pinside is not different.

#1504 11 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Real Time last week had a part of his interview with a professor about how and why the next generation is easily hurt/offended and aren't prepared to deal with counter-opinions. Pretty interesting.

I bet and I'll have to look it up. People talk so much crap about "millennials" and how effed up they are. Well it's starts with the parents, and those parents have disposable income that they can spend on pins, and those millenial parents are here too.

2 months later
#1711 9 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Needs more cowbell

Needs more boobs.

1 month later
#1843 7 months ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

The Chicken Dance is more American Oktoberfest vs German...of the 11 Munich Oktoberfests that I have attended I think I only heard the Chicken Dance twice...IMO, I find it extremely annoying...sorry.

Well, the pin is probably going to sell more games in America, vs Munich. Try to be just annoyed, not extremely annoyed.

#1874 7 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Things have changed on the plastics, really not sure how much, have not really compared. The Schnurrbart wettbewerb (mustache competition) plastic is still there, but the woman has been moved to the back part, so not nearly as visible. I tried to get her removed completely, I found it a touch disturbing, but the artist was not inclined to do so, but at least she got moved to be less prominent.
[quoted image]

This woman needs a mustache ride, don't be disturbed!

#1964 7 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

So talking about the music: there IS method to the madness. We have three major categories of things to do in Oktoberfest Pinball On Tap: beer/drinking events, rides, and midway games. Each of these categories comes with its own style of music... the music for the midway games has a carnival/festival vibe, the music for the rides leans more towards rock, and the beer features use polka/oompah style music. This is all part of our overall intention to let the player explore EVERYTHING that Oktoberfest has to offer... contrary to what some might think, the festival called Oktoberfest is not just oompah music and drinking beer until you pass out, there's much more to it than that.
And from a practical standpoint: for every player who might want nothing but traditional Bavarian music in this game, there's another person who would run away screaming at that thought. We've tried to settle on a good balance that represents the festival well and not overdo any particular style. While I don't believe American Pinball plans to offer customizable soundtracks, if game owners really want to hack their game to modify the tunes, I suspect someone will figure out how to make that happen.
And finally, we are still refining the audio/visual elements of the game, including music, callouts, animations, etc. While no one should be expecting that any of these elements will be completely thrown out and started over from scratch, y'all are welcome to post constructive feedback here, the team is listening. (Hopefully those of you playing Oktoberfest this weekend at Louisville, or at other upcoming shows, notice a number of things that changed in the game based on feedback from Chicago Expo, streams of the game, etc.)
Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. I still have no idea how people judge a game based on videos, or a few plays.

#2012 7 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

This is why I pre-ordered a few months back. I seems like the perfect theme for a bar I put my machines in. I feel like the machines need to match the vibe of the place. For example, I love the Metallica machine, but wouldn’t put that into a casual beer drinking joint.

Where do yo route games, and where will Oktoberfest be located?

#2072 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Exactly. 8500 for a standard JJP vs low 7s for a AP game. People seem to forget this.

Exactly what I was going to say!!

#2206 7 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

The fact that almost every woman in the artwork had their butts to camera was too consistent to not be deliberate.
My guess is butts are more "politically correct" (or more importantly wife-friendly) than boobs.

I think, you are over thinking. Those bumper plastics lend themselves to a butt shot, like half an hour glass if you catch my drift.

#2207 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Forget "some of" they are the LEADER in those areas. The only place they lag is in getting them made and on route reliability.

Which seems to be somewhat important... I could be wrong though...

#2210 7 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

The elimination of the bumper car figures is a classic case of stupid economics. In quantities, how much could they have cost? $5 each? As for buying "mods" later, the cost will be undoubtedly higher, a needless added cost to the consumer. The MOD guys are the winners here and the OKT buyers and AP? Not so much. This sure casts a new light on AP's mindset, It is as tight as JJP was in not including a print copy of the manual for the POTC LE. For $7000 for a plain OKT and $9500 for a POTC LE, such items previously shown/provided are not too much to expect. WTF, if margins are that tight, add $15 to the price of the game and do it right! Really poor behavior by a company that is trying to create a name and a niche for itself.

Soo, Im guessing you buy every single option available at any price for any product you buy? What AP is doing is offering a base model(think car, boat, SxS, tv , toaster, blender etc etc) at a reasonable price, with the ability to add on, for a price, different options. Its a business dude, and I bet there will not be ONE person who doesn't buy this pin, because of some small bumper car dude missing, but I bet a bunch will add this option if available.

#2273 7 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

So glad to hear that they might be available in the future. Though seemingly 'small' (no pun intended), they are a big part of the game's theme and overall appeal. I hope that you will also find a way to offer a great light up topper like the one you did for Houdini and invisiglass as options. It seems like you are well on your way to creating a great game.

If headless bumpercars are such a big part of the games attraction for you, I cant imagine how you will respond to any significant issues you may encounter. Anyway, have a great day!

#2278 7 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

This is weak sauce in my opinion, just like getting rid of the heckling for missed skill-shots. Next we'll have to go disable every "Play Better" call out in any S.R. game that has them.

I wonder if that guy ever had a beer and talked shit with his buddies? His kid is for sure the millenials we all hate lol. I'd rather an adult theme like this was more brutal. As in, "You effing suck biotch , Play again!"

#2302 7 months ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Lowest score of the day should get the "participation trophy" as a sarcastic award.

I say we get rid of scores all together!. Seriously when did the "men" in this country start becoming such wimps!

1 week later
#2351 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I *think* the music was turned down more than usual. None of the streams I saw of it had the music loud enough to hear. Likely on purpose since it got so much criticism. Hopefully it's being fixed.

LOL. Expand on what you *think*, and provide meaningful data on why you *think* it was lower "than usual."
What is the baseline, "usual?" What was this pins music set at? Once you have hard data, revisit question #1.

1 week later
#2444 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's the definition of 'tone deaf' when you downplay the obvious issue with animations. Maybe their impressed with flip book animation? Seriously, it's such an obvious problem that I'm not sure who these other animators are who thought otherwise but whatever they're working on, someone help them too.

Is it obvious to the player, or to the audience? At the end of the day, they need to build games and grow and it appears they seem to be contenders with 2 fun games within a budget. I havent played Octoberfest though.

Id rather the last $5 go into the game play, than what game watchers are seeing.

#2479 6 months ago

I guess I'm confused. Its the "American Pinball" company, right? Not American "Watch a screen while someone else plays pinball" company. Seems people want a champagne taste on a beer budget.

Let AP grow within a budget. Not everyone is an expert in cartoons.

#2483 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

If you're selling a $7500 machine, you need $7500 in production value. If you can't do that, just put segmented score displays on it and skip the thing you don't want to invest in. If Oktoberfest had segmented score displays there would be little to complain about since the game itself apparently shoots well and has lots to do.

So any animations, as clunky as they may be, are just an added bonus. What does the 7500 get you from stern? Split cabs and years hoping code gets updated. What does 7500 get you from JJP. Nothing. What do you get from Sparky? TNA with no video and a thousand dollars discount, yet amazing gameplay an interaction, minus cartoons.. Not sure what game at 7500 has everything. I'm open for recommendations.

#2484 6 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

There's no depth to any of this art, that's why it looks flat.
Here's a simple mockup. The beer is closer to the camera, which makes it look more inviting. Like "Here, have a beer!" not "I'm holding this beer against my nipple!"
Give it a slight tilt. Shade around the beer to show it's clearly in front of the subject. I also adjusted the arm so it looks more like the forearm is pointing forward (like the photo of the woman above) which then makes the angle of the fist make sense.
[quoted image]

Offer your considerable talents for free then!

#2485 6 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I don't understand this approach. How much could a really proficient animator/artist charge to get their vision properly aligned with the existing art package, several thousand dollars....under twenty thousand? To improve leaps and bounds, that's not a drastic amount to place towards a more polished product. Especially when you're asking $7400 from consumers by the hundreds, and ideally thousands of customers.
Great package design pays for itself with the success it will bring. Potentially lost sales won't. The real risk is...not...paying someone to come in and make this idea entirely cohesive in a way that compliments the already outstanding product package, rather than hinder it.
If API is asking that much money from it's customers, we deserve the best we can receive from them. Over $7K for a product that's entirely gratuitous for home owners, isn't a small asking price. It's quite exorbitant, and for most people half the price, or a bit less, of an automobile.
The issues exist also not just with animations, but also screen layout and type usage.
That start up skill shot screen, with the entire half of the right screen being black, with ALL that negative space, kills me every time I see it. I thought it was a placeholder graphic in October, but it keeps showing up time and time again....

When someone puts a dollar in a pinball machine, they play the game ,not the cartoons. If the game had the most bestest art in the world, yet sucked at gameplay, that player wont play again. If the art sucks, but gameplay is the best, they will play and pay again.

I get it, some people don't have to worry about budgets,but AP is new and focusing on gameplay, callouts, modes and playfield art will attract more players/money than font size and shadowing.

#2491 6 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm a current API customer. My opinion isn't more valid, but a possible repeat customer is definitely one to listen to in some capacity. What people like myself are stating isn't unreasonable, and the budget for a cohesive art package isn't as well, again when customers are being asked for more than $7K.
For me, the strength of the backglass, theme integration, and LCD usage is exactly the reason I want to buy The Hobbit from JJP. The gameplay isn't at the same level for me, but having one strength doesn't entirely diminish the other. In this case though, the LCD usage will do exactly the opposite for me, than the Hobbit. I wasn't incredibly keen on Houdini's LCD and font usage, but I appreciated enough aspects otherwise to make my very first pinball purchase from API.
To state the LCD has minimal value to a pinball player, suggests why even have a backglass or given amount of any information? Why not just have a headless machine with some minor score counter ala Cirqus Voltaire?
Why do cars even need extra trim, paint that has an appealing aesthetic, etc?
Regarding budgets Stern Pro's are substantially cheaper, and offer more cohesive art packages. I don't really like Yeti or Franchi's work, but I can still acknowledge how it fits the entire design, and gels with their theme usage.
And where or why on Earth are we insinuating that API is a broke ass startup? I'd imagine Spooky has far, far more risk involved, and as much as I was indifferent on their prior art packages, ACNC is genuinely quite impressive via the LCD usage.
And regarding budget, the consumer's budget also needs to be weighed in. At least four, maybe five companies by year's end are offering new games, and an enthusiast only has so much cash to spend on this hobby. So when competition is thick, these elements you personally may feel are minor, become MAJOR to other possible buyers. I've bought two pins this past year, which is crazy for me, can't buy one anytime in the next few months, so when I can....will my next pin go towards this game being a few months old at that point, or a new title by any other company or even an older game?

Which game at 7500, right now is blowing away people with the total package?

I'm not descrediting the previous buyer such as your self, your opinion matters more than mine. Again, I ask, what new pins are in the 7500 range? 4 or 5 companies are in this space, please name them, as I have a problem naming ever 4 or 5 legit pinball manufacturers over all. Let alone offering an original theme.
Stern premium anything 7500 Great games for the past couple of years.
JJP. Nope
CCG I think remakes are around 8,000
Spooky, great games, original themes, about or less than 7500
Deeproot? Nothing announced.

So there is my 5. Which games in that 7500 space have the total package?

#2492 6 months ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I guess that makes sense on paper but somehow I don't think making the beer stein more prominent makes the artwork more fun to look at. Wait, is that a stein? Or is it a sippy cup? The beer doesn't spill when you tilt the thing! I want one! A stein that doesn't spill the beer!

No offense to those who I am about to offend, but when you are a pro at art, or art direction, you can't see the forest from the trees when it comes to what makes a fun pin. Ultimately, it comes down to what the player sees, when playing.

Homepins might be different. Its working, playable art.

#2496 6 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think CGC starts at $6K. Stern's at $5600/5800, Spooky was $6K now $6400, and JJP base at $8500.
It's a tough sell for any game past a few thousand really. For me, anything past $2-3K seems like an irrational purchase. So once we're at the $5K and up range, it's all bananas and to me.
My second pin was POTC literally a week ago, and that's $2K over this, well the LE I bought. It's a non-sensical number for someone making sub $100K, but the game resonated on so many levels the price became secondary.....aside from the mass amounts of overtime I've been doing, never did that much prior to this hobby.
I think Deeproot will exist by year's end, and they have All Star levels of talent to knock this industry for a loop. Whether they pull through, who knows, but clearly massive potential is there, and what if they offer high quality and polish for sub Stern prices, like they're suggesting they will?
And your opinion matters as much as mine! It's just matter of where and if we spend our buccos here, there or over that way, and API, JJP, Stern, etc need to give heed to those voices, and they definitely do, in their own ways.
You seem like a rational and good natured person. Glad to have a back and forth with you.

Sounds like we are in the same tax bracket, so I should probably set my expectations lower. We can discuss the pros and cons of any pin, but ill take interactive fun vs. cartoon when it comes down to it.

#2497 6 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I don't see the original wrist thing, but what immediately popped on yours wad the level beer in the tilted mug.

I know when tilt, I spill my beer!

This just goes to show that nobody has all the answers, nor did I see anyone take me up on the offer of free art direction and implementation. It all costs.

#2513 6 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"You people who have studied this stuff for years are incapable of seeing it". Just stop.
The whole package matters. If you can't see that it's not because you have some magic common man vision that the hoity toity elites just don't get, it's just that you don't know what you're talking about, and are dunning krugering all over the thread.
Nobody is attacking the AP team. I like Rosh, I've met him, Joe is a friend of mine. I hope the game does well. We're all looking to help them be stronger, for the future if nothing else. We're encouraging them.
Alice Cooper has a kick ass LCD. If Spooky can do it AP can do it, they just have to make it a priority to be smarter about it.

Well I just reread my post and it didnt come out right. You personally know about art and making a fun game. Is what I meant to get across is that a pro might be overly critical, whereas the layman, such as myself, might not see it as a big deal. Of course when the pros get critical, it pushes the developer to improve.

Back on topic. Can't wait to play one day.

#2516 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Damn dude, what's your excuse for AMH then?
For someone so critical of other people's work its seems a bit ironic that AMH has some of the worst artwork in pinball history?
Even at 200 games you can't give them away on the secondary market. Sorry but it had to be said due to the A hole nature of your comments here.

He didn't respond when I suggested he offer his considerable talents for free. I say again, when sticking with a budget, the last $5 should go playfield art or gameplay.

#2520 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe that explains the AMH artwork? $5

I'm not getting into that, but choices have to be made. Whats more important? What the player sees, or what the observers see...

#2588 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Kudos to Josh and Ferret (and Barry) for representing the ONLY manufacturer with the balls to keep showing up on Pinside, whether the criticism is constructive or idiotic, and the positive comments specific or generic, they keep responding. Can't beat that.
This game has some of the most creative ideas on the playfield and in the code that I think I've ever seen - thank goodness at least a few people are taking their eyes off the tv screen for a moment to appreciate the actual you know... PINBALL part of the game. Keep it up AP!

Imagine that! Looking at the playfield, playing and getting satisfaction, vs watching the screen and critiquing cartoons. Wanna watch some great vidoes, go to youtube.

#2656 6 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Funny how opinions vary. I was expecting the worst on the animations after following this thread but walked away neutral at the moment. They could easily be cleaned up a bit but the material in general was fine for me.

And this gets back to my point about A/V pros coming on here and describing them as a disaster, when in reality, 1. They dont matter to the player playing and 2. The pros have a more critical eye, whereas the general player cares less.. Also cheaper than JJP, so what do you expect!

#2658 6 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ayce will probably get it...I can't imagine anyone here is buying it for their home, though.

If it was wine or coke themed tho!

#2661 6 months ago
Quoted from pipes:

That extra $100 sure goes a long way though.

Which JJP pin is only $100 more?

#2662 6 months ago
Quoted from pipes:

That extra $100 sure goes a long way though.

Does it? PoTC has some stunning vid assets, yet its being stopped short of production goals. Guess that hunddy should have gone to a reliable working game.

#2665 6 months ago
Quoted from pipes:

Wonka SE is $7500

Oh, so a game , a great game, that is how many years old. Funny, no other JJP game is that cheap. Great answer, but lets talk modern pricing. Soo, which game again?

#2688 6 months ago
Quoted from pipes:

I can’t figure out what the heck you’re trying to say here.
What’s more modern than pricing for a game that was revealed a few days ago? You asked for a game and I gave it to you. What’s the issue?

My apologies. I read WOZ SE, not Wonka SE. I stand corrected. Thanks.

#2698 6 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

well, I am pretty confident if made it just about beer, this thread would have hundreds and hundreds of posts complaining about how it is not remotely close to being reflective of Oktoberfest. Especially our German friends. And even with us being as true to it as we could, I've had folks come up to me to point out things that were not quite accurate.
To be honest the game would have also been a lot less interesting to develop and probably a lot less interesting to play, and suspect the sales would have been less as well.

So not really knowing much about Oktoberfest, and being sceptical that it had a carnival and what not, as displayed in the game. So I looked up some pics and here we are. I guese that means myself, and many others dont know what Oktoberfest is really about. At least i educated myself. Game is going to be just fine!!

timthumb (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2772 5 months ago
Quoted from zaki:

Wow.. this game is bad. Where do I start..the animation. Houdini was better

Because you play the animation, lol.

#2806 5 months ago
Quoted from spandol:

Got to play a bunch of games on Oktoberfest tonight. I saw the reveal stream, but I didn’t realize how much was on the game until I stepped up to it. Packed playfield. The one issue I had was with the wire form after the ball was launched from the food vuk. It only made the inlane about 25% of the time. The rest of the time it would hit part of the wire form at the bottom and jump over to the outlane. Wonder if some type of plastic could be put there to prevent this. Other than that, the game had some fun stuff to go for.

And this is why I have NO IDEA how people can talk shit about a game, when they have only seen a video. Play the damn thing, then judge!!! Not talking about you fwi, just In general..

#2841 5 months ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

I love this machine. I was lucky enough to be able to purchase one at the show today, and it is now set up in my game room with the topper I made from my Dad's old beer signs.
Great sound, super fun play, and overall a beautiful machine. Kudos americanpinball
I posted a video of the topper before, but here is a quick video of it installed. it fit on the machine perfectly.

tony c

Effing bad ass topper!!! And game room!!

1 week later
#2886 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Well, now you're just taunting me. I must play this.

So you can then come back here and criticize the shit out of it, as if you are making some pointless, yet educated post? Save us, and yourself, the trouble.

1 week later
#2966 4 months ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

It appears that Oktoberfest is really turning the corner!!! Congrats to Joe and the entire AP team! Build those games fast boys, there is currently no competition for this game!

I hope to play it at the Rocky mountain pinball showdown.

#2969 4 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Machine will be there and Joe Balcer!
Have a fun weekend.

I missed Joes presentation, but did play some Oktoberfest and thought it was fun with lots to shoot. I'm not sure if it was leveled correctly, but both my friend and I thought it was "floaty" if that makes sense. 2 thumbs up though!!

#2993 4 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Got mine delivered and setup yesterday.No issues out of the box I have seen yet and plays great!
[quoted image]

Floaty?

#3016 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Anybody figured out the secret flipper code ?
LTG : )

Nope! But only played it once!! I hope someone in the PHX area gets one, and wants to share!!

#3053 4 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I didn't use to take that (Engler Pale Ale) early either, but my opinion has been changing... now I'm leaning toward taking it earlier and playing some easier-to-win tents to quickly boost my duck count, which of course makes all the other tents more valuable. If I'm successful at that, especially on a single ball, I may switch gears and take a Reclab Redrum Stout to help with Bonus X... Tent Win Bonus can be huge. Of course, if multiball is imminent, break out the Freakshow Rooster or Frosty Ferret...

Murder Balcer!

#3077 4 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Now that I have about 3-4 hours on the game, I can comment about many of the points brought up by others…obviously all my opinion, and perhaps nothing AP would care about but they seem to follow the thread closely.
I agree the animations and font style and colors are just not great. They are completely passable and super minor in the scheme of things, but I do feel they drag down an otherwise amazing game. As stupid as it is, it tricks my brain into thinking the game is not complete or of good quality. I cannot wait to see how regular (non-pinhead) people react. This might be moot.
I don’t think the heavy metal fits. The rest of the music is actually pretty good. The metal chords and guitar squeals seem really misplaced to me.
I love all of the modes and stacking steins, but I am curious if less experienced people will get it. That said, there is so much fun stuff to shoot for! It kind of reminds me of Grand Theft Auto where there is a great story mode and missions but you end up just going wild and seeing how much chaos you can cause.
The machine hardware and its parts are phenomenal. The flipper guide (mentioned in arcadem’s post) is brilliant! The little gravity triggered metal door that keeps the balls from falling out when you raise the play field…genius! It has excellent padding on the back box to ensure you don’t get scratched when you put the play field up and a very nice back box locking mechanism. Wiring is very clean and easy to navigate. The flat pressure switches with the ribbon cables are cool as hell! They even managed to leverage some Velcro to attach the keg spout. They installed tons of factory Mylar (mine is a little bubbly in places). Overall, the hardware is very well done.
I would absolutely recommend this machine to anyone interested in something creative. This is different from anything you have ever played and has a base that allows for extremely creative software changes over time.

If you ever have an Oktoberfest party, let me know

#3086 4 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Absolutely! If you are in the Phoenix area it is going to go on location at a bar in Chandler called Hop Central. I am planning on doing a free play night with all 4 of my games on free play for customers of the bar. I am just making sure the machine is ready for customers.

Sounds good, thanks!!

1 month later
#3263 3 months ago

Are some people so desperate for anything pinball, you would listen to that jackoff Special K. Seek help.

For those who dont know, Special K was also Jpoops official spokesidiot.

#3265 3 months ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Kaneda's my favorite podcast. He can be a complete ass at times, gets things wrong and inconsistent but he owns it. I’ve listened to most of his podcasts and I can’t recall him ever being a shill for Jpop.
He’s been slightly kinder to API lately but I’m sure he wants to be proven right that Oktoberfest is a terrible theme. I happen to disagree but sales will be the final judge. It’s a great man cave theme and the perfect bar, brewery, or barcade theme.

Seems he just uses his platform that you all give him to tear down things he doesnt like, or will stir the pot, needlessly. Whatever, your time to waste.

Have you played Oktoberfest? He hates it(although not sure what makes him an expert) but do YOU have a thought.

#3267 3 months ago
Quoted from konjurer:

You're right, it's my time to waste.

Of course I'm right. Hello!

#3278 3 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

He's not so sold on Wonka anymore. He has seen the error of his hype ways, and well...the game not being what he hoped it to be, I'd say.

And hes a destructive lying moron.

#3289 3 months ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Not like you are not using this forum to spew your hate.

Yea, I hate morons, clowns and snowflakes. Now go on and play some pinball

Looking forward to playing Oktoberfest next week at a small barcade, when I'm not on call!!

#3292 3 months ago
Quoted from anathematize:

hates snowflakes.
completely triggered by kaneda and his optional podcast.
cant make it up folks!

So hes not a liar. Coolio!

Let it go buttercup and play some pinball.

1 week later
#3331 86 days ago

Does the capacitor look like it broken off? Maybe you aren't actually missing anything.

1 week later
#3381 75 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Dang...don't use Farcebook. Any options for the little people like me that don't feel like telling the entire planet what I'm doing every ten minutes?
No biggie if not - don't mean to make extra work for anyone.

You dont have to tell everyone what you are doing every ten minutes, and your privacy is already compromised! Join in on the fun lol

1 month later
#3567 37 days ago

Just gotta step over the homeless and needles to get there! #9, Afghanistan lol. I kid, i kid..

#3582 37 days ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I asked the guy to wait while I investigated further and notified my distributor. Opted to accept it and file a claim.

What happens when you file a claim? If the cab or art is damaged, are you looking for the shipper to pay for a new cab or art?

#3627 30 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I actually had just made another post about Stern and how I had never had any pooling issues etc. going on now but instead the problems I did have they were only ok 50% of the time.
I purchased this game not only because it looked like a whole lot of fun, but also because I seen how hard you guys were working here on pinside taking care of business. When I picked the game up even my distributor commented that he really hopes AP does well he really likes your company.
You are doing a AWESOME JOB!, please keep it up and stay small. Who cares if another pin maker can push out 5 or 8 new games a year. Just concentrate on one a year and make it deep and awesome and I will be in on it.

Im not an "every pin buyer" so i totally agree. The 3 top pins i would buy would be Oktoberfest or Dialed In and finally Iron Maiden. 1 and 2 in no order, but IMDN would not even be considered at this point, due to pf issues. I do hope you can get to more than 1 pin every few years though!! Keep it up!!

3 weeks later
#3845 4 days ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

not to mention dead right flipper and ball trough

Have you contacted technical support? If not, do so..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside