(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noquarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3420 4 years ago

Have not played one yet. Putting it on my to do list.

3 months later
#4035 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

My only other critique is that there’s nothing fun and easy for a beginner to do. For example, it took me several games to get a multiball going. A beginner would have no chance to see MB, and may never even happen into a mode.

I played just a few games at Chicago Expo. I didn't get very far at all in any of the few games I played. Tough to walk up to this game and get pulled in and hooked via game play. I am guessing this is a game that takes many plays to get pulled in.

I do have Houdini and enjoy it. Houdini takes a bit to get some confidence that you will have fun and the game "takes off" for you. My few plays on Oktoberfest it seems was even more so that way. It probably takes a number of games to get into the enjoyment mode. I hope AP's third title has a quicker immersive feel right off those first few plays. To be honest I was a bit discouraged on my first plays on Oktoberfest. Maybe some code tweaks or options in game play would help.

#4089 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

We have 5 games with the original prototype cabinets with the original art work (sorry no monkey back glass) available.
The play-fields, hardware, etc. will all be the current version.
These are the 5 original cabinets that debuted at Expo 2018.
When they are gone they are gone only 5 of these exist.
If you are interested in owning one of these contact your local distributor.[quoted image][quoted image]

Why did that side art go away ? I like it. Seems it has more flavor and visual interest - at least to me.

7 months later
#4519 3 years ago

Sorry to hear your frustration. Wish I were closer. I'd try to help you out if I could, or at least plop the cash in your hands.

Maybe AP can still resolve this for you by expediting some how. Hang in there if you can...

Darn - wish I were closer. That would be one long drive.

Best of Luck.

#4527 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

I finally heard back from AP. It's a shame that it had to be taken this far. They are supposed to overnight the part to me. I'm going to give them one final chance. So I have pulled the for sale ad. Thank you to all that pm'd interest in buying. I'm sorry to those who still interested. I just hope I'm not sorry for making this decision

Good - hang in there till the part comes and hopefully you'll be up and running soon. Hope it's all smooth sailing ahead.

#4555 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

I played "Last Call" and "Re-Entry" today!!
(Failed at both)
I have no idea how I did it.
Anyone know how to light these last chance games?

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your game. Nice.

5 months later
#4712 3 years ago

Have been enjoying the first three AP games. Bring on game #4

9 months later
#4881 2 years ago

Authentic Knockers are best.

1 month later
#4899 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Good luck finding out. I'm ready to purchase a Oktoberfest fully loaded right now. But I have paid in full for a Hot Wheels fully loaded and can't get confirmation when I'm going to receive it. So no way will I put up more money until I find out when it ships. Can't get straight answer from distributor or American Pinball. Leaving message on phone not working for me!

I have always had great response from AP with questions or if they couldn't tell me something they responded and said so. Service is always first rate and I had good luck with Sales information from Michael Grant. Michael has left AP and he was a great asset and communicator.

I have been trying to find out any information regarding a set price for the LOV Classic edition but never got any response from David Fix. Distro's have no idea either as no information has been given to them. A bit disappointed in this.

I bought the first three games from AP but not knowing what the official pricing will be on the classic edition is not encouraging - or at least not even getting the courtesy of any response. The Deluxe edition looks nice, but I was interested in the less frills and something that calls to my typical budget.

Communication from the sales end of the operation has seemed to have gone on hiatus. Not the stellar usual I have been accustomed too.

Hats off though to Dave - brenna98, and Rosh and Ferret. Those guys are fantastic !

3 weeks later
#4929 2 years ago

@ rosh

That is good that you guys are looking at some type of change for the membrane switches. An improvement there would be very positive.

Only other area I have thought could use a look at for improvement is the last area of travel for the ball for the ramp into the beer barrel. Despite bending the tangs at the barrel and the improved coil stop for the flipper that feeds the shot and making adjustments to coil strength I found the ball liked to drop off the ramp prior to making it to the barrel on more occasions than mere chance. Perhaps that last section of ramp could use a cage style ramp or have another modification of the ramp to contain the ball. Then coil strength, etc would not be so critical to dial in that shot ?

A friend of mine who lives very near by wanted an Oktoberfest and I did sell mine to him several months ago, I almost bought it back recently. I do get to play it at his house as I have visitation rights - ha ha - but I would consider buying an Oktoberfest again - especially with some good tweak improvements.

Oktoberfest is a very fun game. Some good tweaks would probably put me back in again in the full ownership category.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noquarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=noquarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.