(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#993 5 years ago

Ironically, she's the girl with the cleavage

Quoted from gliebig:

What's with the mustache/uni-brow girl?
lower right

#1019 5 years ago

85 min of gameplay from the stream last night
https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

Quoted from Whysnow:

Art and music aside, can somone link up more gameplay please?
Reports from friends at the show are that this is a long player but fun to shoot.
What do pinsiders that have played it think?

#1147 5 years ago

Sure can. if you know the file names and where they reside on the disc, however I think the music mix is ok. I like the variety.

Quoted from kvan99:

The real question is can we change the music ourselves sort of like on Stern games or not?

1 week later
#1477 5 years ago

I'm sure APs adult version will be PG-13 at best. No worries, they are not going for MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY.

Quoted from HighVoltage:

It seems the term "adult" has been thrown around pretty loosely. This came up with regard to BreakShot in another thread ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/too-unpolitically-correct-for-public ). There's links to BreakShot translites below: I'd only categorize one as "adult". That term's more common connotation is as in "adult movie". Is that what some want or the option AP are talking about?
I just want something that's attractive, reflects Oktoberfest realistically, and doesn't seem censored. That doesn't mean adult to me. More accurate to call the art packages rated (G)eneral and rated (M)ature, or maybe censored and normal is also fitting. Normal art package should be standard, and people can pay for the censored add-on, kind of like the 3rd BreakShot translit.
Or how about we just have the "Prude" add-on: overlay stickers to anesthetize the artwork.
https://images.pinside.com/5/16/51675a5b49a8bc6622a550485c105540686eac5b/resized/large/51675a5b49a8bc6622a550485c105540686eac5b.jpg
https://images.pinside.com/5/d5/5d53a54407da9e64512040b422f7a199e2b034ec/resized/large/5d53a54407da9e64512040b422f7a199e2b034ec.jpeg
https://www.pinballwizard.nl/contents/en-us/p2960_Break_Shot_translite_Capcom_pinball_flipperkast.html
http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/capcom/breakshot/breakshot-alternate-translite-4.html

3 months later
#1818 5 years ago

This is great news Joe. There is no feeling like playing the real machine after working on it for months remotely and virtually. Awesome!

I am curious how far your friends made it through the game last night. I ask this this because 14 tents is alot of modes to cover (and sound really cool) and I'm going through difficulty balancing with something I'm working on too. I'm curious if your friends found it too much content or they made it half way and it would be possible to go all the way through on a killer game?

What were some other comments they gave the game last night when playing? First impressions say alot! Were they able to follow the rules of the game with the callouts and screen messages? Did they like some particular feature the most? Personally I think the locking barrel sounds cool as I love physical locks and I love the idea of flipper button controlled magnets.

Quoted from Ferret:

I received my Oktoberfest today... and while I may be totally biased, I am very impressed at the quality of the production hardware. The team at the API factory has built a rock-solid machine. And I'm loving the playfield refinements that Joe Balcer has made, compared to the prototype games that have appeared at shows over the past few months. It just shoots better.
Software-wise, as rosh said, it's really not comparable to the game that was shown at the Chicago Expo. Code, art, and audio have all progressed immensely in the past few months. Game rules are pretty much done now (though I'll still be tweaking score balance obsessively). We've been getting new art and audio assets pretty much daily. And now we're at the point of adding in more lighting effects, shaker effects, knocker effects, all that fun icing on the cake.
And had several friends over to break it in... I believe everyone had a ton of fun. We aimed to create a game that was joyous and festive and silly and fun, with great shots and interesting strategic choices, and I think we nailed it. I couldn't be happier with the overall product, and I hope y'all love it too.

#1832 5 years ago

Excellent news! That's good to hear.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Qualifying modes is easy.. and the mode start shot is readily available to the players. So if you kept the ball alive, you could go deep in the tents. Finishing modes is a different story

1 week later
#1958 5 years ago

Was this uploaded somewhere so those that missed the stream can see it?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks for everyone that tuned in today. Hopefully got people excited to play at TPF!

#1961 5 years ago

Thanks, watching it now.

Quoted from PinMonk:

There's a link a few posts back, or in the key post index at the top of the page.

#2134 5 years ago

Thats a neat feature! x-in-a-row target sweep. Cool stuff!

Quoted from Ferret:

I have gotten — once — a 7-in-a-row sweep of the OKTOBER targets. I was very surprised when all the inserts just suddenly lit up, felt great.
The X-in-a-row target scoring is indeed progressive... with no modes or multiballs active, the points will be nice but not epic... but do a big sweep during Ring Toss or Corkscrew MB or even Füd Frenzy and it should be pretty juicy.
Also, a couple days ago my wife shot the F in FEST, and though not a true sweep, watched the magnet ping-pong the ball into E, S, and T, one at a time. It looked hilarious.

#2136 5 years ago

David Thiel? He's not involved in the sound of OKTOBERFEST is he?

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm not new to pinside, but I don't think I have EVER Seen this level of scrutiny about a game before. (Otto's wrist?! But I'm sure I must have just missed it). AP is *building and shipping* these games! Can't wait to play it. And Ferret and Josh and Joe and David Thiel and uh.. Nirmal's friend.. this is like the A team of modern pinball right now.

#2240 5 years ago

That would be my favorite tent mode. Love it!

Quoted from rosh:

Inspired by tapper, still tweaking it, to get the difficulty right, that third button was key to be able to do it

5 months later
#3493 4 years ago

Nope. Maybe 3-5 min per game.

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

45-55 minutes? Are you referring to a single game? Are ball times that long on this pin?

3 weeks later
#3727 4 years ago

See post 3717

Quoted from EternalLife:

Yeah, that makes sense. This is a game we're thinking of buying, but the thing that's holding us back is the fear that the fully open mode selections might lead us to make the same choices every game once it's known what the most lucrative path through the game is. This change would force alternate paths and really mix things up. If this change is implemented, it would put the game-play on another level.
Do you think you might take this on-board AP?

3 months later
#4183 4 years ago

This is how the new Stern JP works with skill shots.

Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Still thinking outside the box, and this is a little off-topic, but are there any games where making a skill shot doesn't kill all the remaining skill shots? In other words, if you're really skilled, you could collect two or three skill shots before the skill-shot timer runs out? I guess a super skill shot is something like that, but not exactly.

8 months later
#4679 3 years ago

Re-run the update (make sure the only file on the usb stick is the update package).

Quoted from mfresh:

I updated to the 20.09.19 code and the update seemed successful. But now when I turn on the machine the lights come on for a short while and I get the mesage:
Welcome to Pinix
pinix login: root (automatic login)
Last login: Thu Sep 24 12:09:41 on tty1
and then the screen goes blank. After a while the message comes back on the screen, but all the lights are off on the machine, and ... that's it. It won't start!
Eek!
Any idea what to do?
Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.