(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3471 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

'pick a lucky duck'

When I was in 4th grade Mom was in charge of that game for the school fall festival. While the bag of ducks was left unguarded in my house I took a pen and made a tiny mark on all the winners. You won goldfish. Anyway word got out and while that game averaged 500.00 a year, that year it did over 2000.00 and they had to make several trips to get goldfish(which were being donated for free anyway). Mom won some award for having the best game. I told her all about what I had done years later.

#3505 4 years ago

I just set one up, have not played it yet. It is making a loud humming noise like a refrigerator, is this noise normal?
Thanks,
Johnny

#3507 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I just set one up, have not played it yet. It is making a loud humming noise like a refrigerator, is this noise normal?

I found the answer to my question, it was minor.

#3509 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay. It’s TOTALLY makable. Just got beer barrel twice in the same game. Once you’re used to when the magnet is gonna help and want not, it’s totally doable.

None yet in first 30 games. Upped the flipper power a tad before turning it off.
Hell, could not do anything at other games at first either, that is the fun part... learning a new game.

#3515 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

1. Get Oktoberfest pin

1a. set family friendly to off(not that it matters much)
1b. set the barrel so that it holds balls after the game is over
1c. set the upper flipper power a tad higher.

I really hope American Pinball is successful. They make some awesome games, and are very helpful. I have not needed any help myself yet, but I see them all the time on pinside helping people. That is a main reason I just purchased a OKF.

#3527 4 years ago

I have a issue with the lockdown bar getting loose all the time. I constantly have to open the coin door and push on the lever again. Average of 5 balls played I have to do this.
Any tips/suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

#3556 4 years ago

After maybe 80 plays I had a 900k score, finally, briefly hit the barrel, and all is good. Finally had a corkscrew multiball. 641k was from juggling, I was on my game then, and had 3 balls last a long time.

The T in TAP is not working at all, and for that I am not even opening up the game. I was looking for something different, something outside the normal, and this is it, this game is AWESOME!

1 week later
#3622 4 years ago

I had not been doing too great, best score was 900k so far, and I forever just could not make the shots I was trying to hit.

I just lit it up last game though, total time played 25.22 with a 2.5mil score, had 2 corkscrew mutiballs, duck derby, sober at the end, and 3 or 4 extra balls. Only one ball in the barrel the whole time, and I am not complaining a bit, hard shots just keep me coming back for more.

I had not noticed before the strength game that wraps around Otto's head. Anytime I hit it I looked at the screen to see what I hit and I did not see anything. I guess I could look for info in the manual, but if anyone has any info about that let me know.

#3624 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Is what Inga wants you to hit when the ball comes out of the right side of the pops, is caught by the magnet, and she says "Eins... zwei... drei... STRIKE!" -- it scores much higher than normal during this "Super High Striker" mini-feature.

Thanks for that info, explains how I make so many points trying to hit the barrel and miss and hit that instead.

Quoted from Ferret:

It's unfortunate that it's hard to see back there

After close to 200 games I had never noticed it but I kept hearing the sound of captive balls getting hit and I finally stopped to take a good look. I thought it was a sound effect at first, I never realized there was room for anything else around Otto.

This is a very deep game, and totally awesome!

So many people want some licensed game, I vote AP keep saving money not doing that and keep making original games that are packed and deep.

AP rocks!

#3626 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Thanks, johnnypinball007, we appreciate you and all our customers, and we're so glad you love the game we made for you!

I actually had just made another post about Stern and how I had never had any pooling issues etc. going on now but instead the problems I did have they were only ok 50% of the time.

I purchased this game not only because it looked like a whole lot of fun, but also because I seen how hard you guys were working here on pinside taking care of business. When I picked the game up even my distributor commented that he really hopes AP does well he really likes your company.

You are doing a AWESOME JOB!, please keep it up and stay small. Who cares if another pin maker can push out 5 or 8 new games a year. Just concentrate on one a year and make it deep and awesome and I will be in on it.

#3629 4 years ago

uncle

I could use a few tips. I am not doing something right with Tap It, I can not get far, beer does not flow fast enough.

I was doing pretty good in Duck Derby, but then I could not find a blue light anywhere, only red lights.

Any tips/advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Johnny

#3631 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

so you'll need to hit your duck's standup target that's flashing green to re-select your duck,

All I seen was red, but if/when I make it that far again I will be paying very close attention.

I was hoping for a trick for Otto to pour faster. I will keep trying.

This is a very deep game, and a hell of a lot of fun. I wanted something different, and I am 100% happy with this game, and the support.

Thanks very much!

#3639 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

No trick. Mostly a matter of judging which customer is likely to get mad and leave first, and serve them ASAP. The point values over each customer's head help you with that judgment. Sometimes you have to make a choice to just abandon one customer to have a better overall result.

Thanks again for the info, I was finally able to beat the preset score!

#3646 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Ok @American Pinball...

I love the fact that they check pinside and respond. And I love my Okt.

#3651 4 years ago

You are very awesome LTG, the one thing I inquired about and you jumped in (lockdown bar, brass screws was your advice), it took forever to find the sweet spot but all is great now.

I hope pinside pays you? You are awesome!

#3689 4 years ago

I was too busy with work to turn the game on the last 4 nights and man tonight I could not even make the bar skill shot most of the time. I rarely could even hit the tent. After 15 games I never once made it more than halfway up the beer barrel ramp. But I was still hitting the rollercoaster ramp fine, and having those multiballs and decent scores. Best score tonight was 822k.

This game is hard, this game is awesome. Unless there is ever a bug that needs a update to fix I am not going to ever update code, it is perfect the way it is.

#3691 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

And here I was thinking I had a really neat idea for a code update

I learned young, if it is not broke, don't break it.

The code is totally awesome, now if they could just replace the beer barrel ramp with one I could make it up...lol

#3699 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hope this helps!

Damn, this game is awesome anyway, but with that info it is even 10 times more awesome!

Thanks Ferret!

#3714 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

the second ball launched from the lane but the original one never left the scoop.

Not the same thing but a few times I have had 2 in the scoop and took a few tries but they kicked out. One time they would not quite kick up high enough and went into ball search. The ball search was able to kick them out and the game went on.

While ago I finally got one ball in the beer barrel after probably 80 games since last time I made the shot. I am not complaining, I am not that great of a player. I know what I need to hit, but half the time I can not make the shot(any shot) on any machine.

While ago I had my best game on Okt so far 3.5mil. I finally beat the preset score on Duck Derby. It had confused me in the past, but I finally seen that with everything flashing red on the game there was one green target and when I hit it everything else went green again.

I was trying to take advantage of the steins, but I kept missing that or it would bounce back out. In the 3.5m game I only had 3 steins.

I love this game!

#3721 4 years ago

To the AP team:

You guys are making some awesome fun and deep machines.

I only have one widebody in my collection, and someday I want another one. I hope in the future you will consider building a widebody. As much as you pack in a game another 2000.00 would be fine.

Thanks!

#3736 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It all varies right from the plunge of ball 1: I make the bar skill shot most of the time on my machine... but sometimes I miss, so now I don't have that first stein I was expecting.

That describes my games lately very well. No complaints at all, game is awesome!

#3745 4 years ago

Like 3 times now my skill shot got messed up, the ball got stuck next to the bar door, I had to shake the game to free the ball, and the game says "you big sausage" and gives me 25,000 points.

I would rather have got a stein, but that is entertaining, just wondering what is up with that?

1 week later
#3778 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I changed the rubber on the upper flipper to a standard flipper rubber not silicone.

Can you give me the part # and ordering info so I can try to get one?
Thanks,
Johnny

#3783 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Just a standard flipper rubber bat red. Not super band or silicone.

I was looking at them on Marco. I assume what is on the game is .5 by 1.5, and I need a 3/8 by 1.5? I seen no mention in the ads about silicone.
Thanks for info!

#3801 4 years ago

My upper flipper has been sticking in the up position a little for a long time. It is getting a lot worse now.

What do I need to check?

#3804 4 years ago

Thank You!

#3812 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If the flipper button is sticking.

It is the flipper acting up. The button is fine. I am going to look at everything you said when I open the game up later to change the flipper rubber and try the extra 1/8 adjustment others are talking about.

Thanks again LTG for the info!

#3816 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I loosened the flipper bat and pushed is a tight as possible agents the metal stop behind it. While pushing it I tightened the flipper bat.

That ramp just does not like me. I changed the flipper rubber, and I still have no room to move the flipper closer against the metal stop.

Last night that upper flipper was hanging in the up position, I was going to start looking at what LTG told me, but before I raised the playfield I wanted to see how the new regular flipper rubber felt, and hell yeah, at least no flipper sticking at the moment. (I still can not make the ramp, but I think it is because I don't shoot worth a crap most of the time). And yeah, I am on 30 on that flipper.

Anyway, thanks again LTG!

2 weeks later
#3891 4 years ago

I like Ocktoberfest so much I just sold a AC/DC to grab a NIB Houdini also. Whatever your 3rd title is I am all in on it also.

#3892 4 years ago

My basement floor is out of level bad. What is that cell phone ap that you can load and then lay your phone on the playfield to check for the 6.5?

#3895 4 years ago

Thank You!

#3911 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Got a weird glitch right before the roller-coaster multibal

I had that. I think it is supposed to do that now, I thought it was cool.

#3918 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Hmm, inserts should go dark, but screen should show coaster going up and when it reaches the top Inserts should start to fill the playfield, top to bottom as ball goes down wire form.
Which of that did or did not happen?

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I had that. I think it is supposed to do that now, I thought it was cool.

#3928 4 years ago

The only issue I really noticed with my Oktoberfest was the T in TAP never registering when the ball went through there. After the update it works now, and I am glad. I had looked at connections and never seen any problems.

I have still never had a beer barrel mb, only because I am not a great player. I make the shot so nice and easy sometimes, and it does what it is supposed to do, I just never can make it that 3rd time in a night. I always unplug the game and cover it when done, someday I will just keep the power on until I play it again the next day to get it. (and I do have it powered up and the other kind of rubber on the flipper, it is not the game, it is me).

Kind of like sometimes every time I hit the ball it goes back in the tent, and when I am trying to hit the tent I rarely can.

I do love the fact that as bad as I play if I have a decent game at all and win a few tents I can get 4-5 extra balls in a game.

I am also loving Houdini and all the ball saves and funny comments it has.

I love your machines and I hope you always will keep everything this same way where you only have one nicely packed machine for sale, and not all the pro, prem, le, ce, and whatever else other companies are doing.

I also like the fact you guys are here interacting and answering questions. Along with LTG you guys rock!

1 week later
#3937 4 years ago

In my opinion, if more people had a chance to put 50 plays on this game in a home setting, 20 thousand games would be purchased, or more.

With the latest code update, in my opinion this is the most complete, easy to understand, and most fun game ever.

And I still have never made the beer barrel multi ball, got close a few times, but that is on me. I am not that great of a player. The power is turned up, the flipper rubber has been changed, and sometimes I make that shot so nice and pretty, and that shows me it can be done, I am just not good enough to hit it often enough. And it does not bother me one bit, because this game is just so damn fun with so much to do, I see it as one shot that is tough, and with so many other shots and things to do I care less.

I am so glad I purchased this game, and I did for 3 reasons. (I have to purchase anything sight unseen because no where to play in my area). The 3 reasons were comments on Pinside, I seen first hand how AP is here interacting, and the 3rd reason was my distributor spoke highly of AP and was wishing them well. He actually has a Houdini in his collection and he slightly tried to talk me into that, but I was set on Okt. After picking this Okt up and seeing how awesome it is I did sell another game and picked up a Houdini also. Houdini is very damn awesome, and will most likely never leave my collection, but I do still favor Okt a tad more so far. Okt will never leave my collection.

Unless AP decides to just do something weird like make a EM game or something I am all in on their 3rd game.

In my opinion it will be hard for them to make a game better than they did with Okt, but at the same time I think they can pull it off. The guys at AP seems pretty damn awesome.

#3939 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

but a fan layout with flow is what they need next to appeal to everyone.

I agree and gave you a thumbs up except for this. They do not need to appeal to everyone, their games kick ass with their own way of thinking and making games.

In my opinion the more they can stay away from fan layout and flow, in the end the better they will do.

PEACE!

1 week later
#3982 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Just put up my best game on this!

How many extra balls did you get? Like 10 or more?

During one of my awesome 3mil games that last 25 minutes I get 3-5 extra balls.

#3988 4 years ago

I have a request for AP.

Please never do what the other companies are doing with all the pro, LE, prem, and whatever else. Just keep on turning out one awesome packed game a year with no other models and all that bs.

And please just stay here interacting, even if it comes to just a pm message back as needed someday.

In the meantime your interactions, and LTG have been awesome, and answered 99% of my questions before I needed to ask a question myself.

Please keep checking Pinside a little, but use most of your energy to keep making awesome games.

Thanks,
Johnny

#3989 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

as an operator I am going to throw out a vote for a scoring revision that brings the game into the hundreds of millions and billions that people seem to expect.</blockquote

That is too funny, and sadly real these days. Mostly from people that do not get pinball.

I can see it now, I hate this game, I scored 5 bil over here on this game, and only 200k on this game, this game must suck and not see how awesome I am. Some people these days are just so entitled or something. But at least they are playing, and maybe someday they will get it. Every game scores differently.

#4007 4 years ago

I really like the depth of this game. Most games I just shoot the ball and aim for the skill shot, but not this game.

With Oktoberfest before I plunge the ball I look at the playfield to see where I am at with tents, and think about what I want to do next, and what stein I will go with next to align with what I am going for this game.

So many different ways to go. Most of the time I try for good scores, and sometimes I just go after the easiest ways to get extra balls.

This is the only game I have that I look at the playfield and think and plan what I want to try to do before I ever plunge the ball.

I am playing the latest code, and I will never update again as far as gameplay, gameplay is perfect for me.

I really hope the 3rd release from AP will be just as great as the first 2. My pinball money is on hold just waiting for their 3rd game no matter what any other company comes out with.

I do hope AP will do a packed widebody someday, that could be the ultimate pin.

And customer service is top notch, and LTG is also always ready to jump in.

I just played the game for 2 hours with my girlfriend, and I did not do great, only 1mil highest score, and a few extra balls and mb's here and there, but the want to play again and try again factor is highest with this game than any other in my opinion.

#4023 4 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

I make the shot on the fly, which usual results in a stuck ball behind Otto.

I did that 2 times early on, but not since I replaced the flipper rubber to one that is not slick.

Someone had mentioned they thought the slick flipper rubber was putting a spin on the ball and I think they were right.

#4038 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

What rubber did you get,

Marco part # 38-6519-4

Works great for me.

#4048 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

That said, we've certainly been listening to feedback from all our players and owners

And I personally have seen all that, and it is the reason as a HUO I have both of your games and waiting on your 3rd pin to add to my collection.

I wish you the best with all you do in the future, and I hope you will always have time to interact as needed.

#4050 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

He's cool

But, is he as cool as YOU?

AP is awesome, and LTG is awesome.

I am just so glad I found Pinside.

#4060 4 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Having played Oktoberfest hundreds of times (and still haven't gotten tired of it)

That is where I am at. I like it so much.

My distributor has a Houdini in his collection he loves, so I grabbed a Houdini next, because we were loving AP with this Okt.

We have played Houdini a little, and look forward to playing it more and see more new stuff we have not got to yet, but damn, it is hard to play any other game at the moment, Oktoberfest is just so addictive trying to go for so many different things.

About 95% of the time I stack Steins in a certain order and go for tents in a certain order, and sometimes I just play totally different just to change things up. (like the times I suck and can never get the ball in the tent, and actually I can make the tent the easiest with the left flipper, partly blind in right eye may have something to do with that).

Last night was my best score so far, 4.8m, not much compared to that 91 someone posted. Game lasted 22.20, and I had 4 extra balls and 2 rollercoaster mb's.

I love games that have ways to get multiple extra balls during a good game, and this game rocks with that.

I don't do well in multiball in any game, so I am glad this is not mb heavy. And when I do get one it is awesome also, because except for Juggling, it was earned.

The tent modes are icing on the cake, they make the game awesome.

#4096 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The monkey is on the production version of the backglass on Oktoberfest.

Yeah but he is so tiny I almost need a magnifying glass to see it.

#4128 4 years ago

My game was acting up a good bit while ago. Normally if I notice any problems I turn the game off, wait a few minutes, turn it on, and 100% fine again.

BUT, this time I had 2 balls in the beer barrel, still had never gotten that mb, so I kept playing.

FINALLY, after all this time I got the beer barrel mb!

Anyway, I did notice the E in TENT was out everytime the game would act up.

If I keep noticing problems I will do the log send stuff. But in the past anytime anything weird has happened it only lasted until the game was turned off and back on again. The same for Houdini. The only consistent thing is all problems do start while I am having a great game...like system overload or something.

Anyway, I am just having a blast with these 2 AP games while I wait on their 3rd game to come out.

#4132 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Which of the two do you like better?

So far Okt by far, BUT, so far I have not spent a lot of time on Hou.

I was looking for something different, seen this thread, was very impressed that the company interacts here, and I said hell yeah, I like beer and amusement park stuff, so I will get a Okt.

When I was picking Okt up at my distributor (only a hour each way, saves shipping money), he talked about he had a Hou in his collection and was trying to talk me into that. I said no, I am here for a Okt.

He said "you will probably like Okt". He was wrong, I love Okt.

So as much as I loved Okt, I wanted the Hou also. I sold a AC/DC prem for a very low price to hurry and pick up a Hou. (we were done with the ac, it was never going to get anymore play.

Hou is very awesome, we have just not made it too far into it, because Okt is still getting played a lot more.

I only have room for one more game, and I plan that space for whetever AP's 3rd game is.

1 week later
#4151 4 years ago

My hope is that AP's 3rd pin will be as awesome as their first 2.

Merry Christmas to AP, and LTG, and every Pinsider that reads this, and HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020!

3 weeks later
#4176 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I put red rubber from Marco onto the upper flipper and it seems to be easier. But I still have days when I can't hit it. Other days I seem I can't miss it. Unfortunately the latter ones are rare

Exact same here.

1 month later
#4218 4 years ago

Everyone is different, but to me Oktoberfest is the best pinball machine by far.

When I get a new pin, the first thing I do is play a lot to beat all the factory preset scores. Sometimes that becomes a chore and more like work and not fun.

I had a lot of fun beating the presets on this game, and I hope nothing ever happens and they reset to original, but if they did, this is the one game I would enjoy beating all over again.

With all the steins and tents and different ways of trying, this to me is just the best pin ever.

#4232 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I got the new longer coil stop this week

Did it just show up in the mail? I am ready for it.
Thanks!

#4260 4 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

We have you go through the distributor because we do not have an accurate data base of who bought what, distributors do not share with us. So how are we supposed to send something to you if we do not know you bought the game?

I thought that was why we registered our games with AP?

I may have to contact you also, Jason at Classicgamerooms did not know what I was talking about.

#4261 4 years ago

Oh, and not to knock Jason at all, he is a awesome guy!

#4266 4 years ago

Thank You AP for always being available, and your continued work making your games even better.

In the past I rarely could ever make the beer barrel ramp, now it is just as easy as any other shot after the coil stop fix you came up with.

Thanks!

#4276 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I just noticed Houdini is rated higher than Oktoberfest?

I never pay any attention to the ratings anymore. I sold 2 top 15 rated games I was tired of to get Oktoberfest and Houdini, and I am glad I did.

Quoted from T3quila:

On my machine it wasn't makable from magnet trapped ball because I had to reduce the coil strength, otherwise shots full orbit would hop off the rail. Now I can make it from both situations.

It took me around 500 plays to get my first Beer Barrel MB, and that was fine, because I like the variety of the game. Now I average 6 plays to get it, so for me what is that...about 100 times better?

I just wish in Adult it could really be Adult. Like instead of Otto saying what can I get you?, have Otto saying what in the hell do you want? It is funny, as it is, but like PG humor and I hope for R humor someday.

#4279 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It also behaves slightly differently from some other manufacturers

In a very good way! This game behaves well above anything else out there!

#4289 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

When I went to the skyslide tent Inga says" Im thinking of something that rhyms with" than it stops. Am I missing the joke or is it cut off?

Same here, I have wondered about that.

1 week later
#4303 4 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

This beer barrel membrane switch is starting to drive me crazy! It literally makes the game unplayable since it continues to think the ball is getting locked (when it already is), and launches a new ball into the shooter lane, while the current ball is already in play.

You must be a whole lot better player than I am, because until recently when I got the new coil stop my beer barrel rarely had even one ball in it.

There was one time a long time ago that I must have had a good game because the machine acted up and gave me more.

Anyway I wish you the best, and I hope AP gets you going 100%

I love this game myself, and I really hate to hear anyone having problems with it and not able to enjoy it.

I do feel your pain. I know how I would feel if my machine started acting up.

3 months later
#4485 3 years ago

My personal experience was a pm sent through Pinside went unnoticed for several days.

But, a service ticket was taken care of immediately.

1 week later
#4553 3 years ago

Everyone is different.

me: Oktoberfest will never leave here.

6 months later
#4717 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Can you provide more details on the problem you’re seeing with the game getting messed up when ball search activates?

Mine is always the beer barrel ramp. The coil stop fix helped a lot as far as making the shot, but no matter how much I tweak the power to the upper flipper either not enough power to make it up the ramp, or the ball does make it up the ramp but comes off and lands around the bar area, and I have to pull the glass down to get the ball.

I have already solved a lot of the problem myself with clear plastic tubing attached to the ramp, but just 2 nights ago the ball came off another area of the ramp.

AND, I am not even complaining at all, I love this game!

I may eventually try to enclose the whole beer barrel ramp so that the ball can not come out of it, but no hurry, what I have already done works pretty good.

If someone were to make a mod for a ramp enclosure, and it be the clear yellow to match what is there, and easy to install, I would be very interested.

This game is awesome with so many different ways to try to get a good score!

I do always try to load up on Bumper Cars first, to get more ducks for more extra balls.

Right after I did my pipe tweak to the beer barrel ramp I had a 45 mil game, my previous best was 4.6 mil. And that was mostly from multi balls during a tent mode I had already stacked for higher scoring. (like 4.6 mil in bumper cars, and 6.4 mil in fud frenzy?) (something like that).

Again, I am not complaining at all, this game is AWESOME!

I have a great game every now and then, but overall I am not too great at any machine.

It has been kind of damn... I finally made that shot and then the ball went off track and landed behind the bar and I had to pull the glass down to get it. (but a lot better after my pipe tweak).

The rollercoaster ramp has been spot on and AWESOME!

This game should be ranked in the top 15, there are just so many different ways to try to get a good score, it keeps me coming back for more.

#4720 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

are you experiencing the same problem as Viggin, or different?

Not sure.

I was mainly talking about tubing I added to the beer barrel ramp helped a lot as far as balls going off the ramp and getting stuck.

5 months later
#4807 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What is the coil stop fix I saw a few posts about? Can I get that from AP?

Yes, contact them. It helped my game a whole lot!

6 months later
#4939 2 years ago

My girlfriend does not like this game because it "is so difficult, with things to keep up with".

Suits me! I play this while she plays other games that I need a break from.

This game just has so many different things to do, and to try for, it is a masterpiece!

I do hope someday AP makes some tunnel mod or something for the beer barrel ramp.

I used to have balls come off the ramp and get stuck and I would have to pull the glass down to free it up.

I have been using a piece of vinyl tubing on the ramp for a long time now, and that works perfect, but it is not pretty.

(and pretty sure someone has already made something for the ramp with a 3-D printer, but I do not have any need for one of those printers other than this one thing, so not interested in getting a printer).

#4941 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I bought a clear cover for the beer barrel ramp from the other Oktoberfest thread.

Please share the info here or send me a PM.

(I glanced back at the that thread and all I could find was do it yourself stuff with a printer).

6 months later
#4987 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizkid93:

So, Oktoberfest has a special place in my heart because it's the kind of theme im very much into,

I love my Oktoberfest, it is not going anywhere anytime soon.

I let that one go very early. Somes things about it was ok, but just not a keeper for me.

I have never seen or played the other 2.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=johnnypinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.