(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaytrem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#684 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

That's cool, the targets have a roller coaster in the background. Oktoberfest is beer drinking, but also a giant carnival. I wonder if thats incorporated into the game.

I was afraid of that. Being a coaster geek, I guess I should start saving my money.

1 week later
#1360 5 years ago

I like it, a lot! Good chance this might be my first NIB. Things I would consider changing...

1. Mustache girl has got to go.

2. Corkscrew is a very American name, would go with something like Loopingbahn or something bahn. But I get that a lot of people might not think it's a coaster.

3. Would give some ride names to the VUK and the 180 ramp. Maybe Loopingbahn for the 180, or München Loop if you want to play off RCT's Chicago Loop. Or is that already going to be the Looper mentioned on one of the tents? Skyshot, slingshot, launcherbahn for the VUK? Not sure what's trademarked.

4. I like the brightness of the right art blade (would remove Otto and whats-er-name), but I do like the barrel blade also. Would like to see how it looks with bright on both side though.

5. Hide some coneheads in there somewhere, tribute to Python.

Anyway, thanks for listening to all our suggestions! Can't wait to see the final product!

#1367 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Unlike some, I'm fine with the drawn Otto and Greta characters. It's the turning Otto head on the playfield that I'd like to see changed to another that better matches his drawn form.

I really do like them. I'd actually try to match that style as much as possible for the rest of the game. Just not loving them on the blade art. Not terrible, but I'd probably prefer it without them there.

Quoted from Ferret:

When it's not the Food Stand, the VUK is called the Sky Slide, and has a tent feature dedicated to it (although that tent was not enabled in the Expo build).

Cool, thanks. Is the 180 ramp supposed to be anything specific? Would that be dedicated to the Looper tent, or does that use the Corkscrew? Awesome job so far!!!

#1418 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

One of the tent features, Looper, is solely about shooting the corkscrew ramp, preferably in repeated combos.

So the VUK is the Sky Slide, what's the 180 ramp supposed to be? Thought it might be used for the Looper tent, but I guess not. Thanks for all the info/updates!

4 months later
#1886 5 years ago

Look good, but what happened to the bumper car drivers?

1 week later
#2175 5 years ago

Still no bumper car drivers. Bummer, I really liked them? Can anybody share the story on what happened to them? Thanks.

#2191 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

They were a casualty of budget issues, but I believe they will be available for purchase.

Thanks, that works for me. Bet they'll be a popular add on.

#2232 5 years ago

That's too bad about the drivers, they were super cool. Thanks for the explanation, makes sense.

#2279 5 years ago

Way off topic here, but anybody know the first machine to insult the player? Comet maybe?

At any rate, keep the insults coming!

3 weeks later
#2450 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Shout out to Gilroy! Mmmm, garlic...

And Circus Trees!

4 weeks later
#2832 4 years ago

Finally got to play it today at Pinfest. Loved it! Great job guys!

1 week later
#2882 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, see, now I want to play it even more. At least one ball.

It's interesting. For me it didn't have the feel of a "real" pinball machine. More like it was 90% there. At one point my flipper was stuck in the up position. Took me a sec to realize the button was stuck in. Something about the pop bumpers also felt a bit off. I did have fun playing it though.

And just in case somebody isn't paying close attention, for some reason we're talking about Thunderbirds not Oktobarfest. Love Oktoberfest!

2 weeks later
#2980 4 years ago

So anybody that wants to best the all time record should avoid updating.

3 months later
#3450 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I'm a bit worried about my barrel-lock shot...

Hmmm, I wonder if your machine is the closest to the real Oktoberfest? Congrats, glad it arrived safely.

As for the barrel-lock. I was able to hit it 2 times at Allentown, didn't use the mag lock, maybe a little bit of extra speed helps. Only played 2 or 3 games. I suspect it's similar timing to the Rocket shot in RCT that I'm used to, either that or I just got lucky.

Time to get back to working on a woodrail (Kings). I figure if I make it nice enough somebody might be willing to trade me an Oktoberfest straight up.

#3460 4 years ago

Thanks!! I have yet to try and persuade my wife to let me have it in the house... wish me luck!! At the moment my gamesroom is far from built, so all my games are in storage... but this one I really want in the house...

Thanks! So are you saying there are varying degrees of departure from the prototype in games that left the API factory? I got the feeling that simply all the production games were the same...

No, I was just thinking your machine might be the closest to Munich. Nothing to do with the machine changes.

1 month later
#3923 4 years ago

You gotta take the dump at the right time, or the bug won't be in it... scraping the barrel for innuendos now...

Seems more like outuendos.

2 weeks later
#3978 4 years ago

Wow, 45 min! Gotta schedule your playing time with games like that. Nice work!

#3983 4 years ago

Here's another idea that I think will only improve the game: at the start of Corkscrew MB, keep the ramp down just long enough to allow all three balls to be shot straight back up the ramp...

That would be cool. Only problem is I suck at pinball, so would be useless for me.

#4004 4 years ago
Quoted from pimseb:

Hello,
I'd like to know if the 500$ offer also works for european customers. I've bought an Oktoberfest this month and would like to have a discount on next game too.
Concerning the 20% off on your store, it's great. But please add a cheaper shipping option for us (european customers). Nobody wants to pay 50$ shipping for a baseball cap !

It cost me $14.25 to ship a small RCT part in a bubble envelope to France the other day. Hat would probably be about the same. Also shipped a plastic set, that was about $55, some of the plastics were pretty big. I guess it can be a bit tricky to estimate on the website. Would be nice if the true shipping cost could be added on later. Anyway, if you ever need help shipping a part (or hat) over there, don't hesitate to ask.

2 weeks later
#4098 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

He's the American Pinball Houdini monkey. So he doesn't have "it" to see to begin with.
LTG : )

I always thought he had "it" but not "them"?

7 months later
#4524 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

I finally heard back from AP. It's a shame that it had to be taken this far. They are supposed to overnight the part to me. I'm going to give them one final chance. So I have pulled the for sale ad. Thank you to all that pm'd interest in buying. I'm sorry to those who still interested. I just hope I'm not sorry for making this decision

Glad to hear you're giving it one more shot. I hope you finally get to enjoy your game!

#4562 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Guys what is the easiest way to get 6 ball multi-ball going in Octoberfest?

Take the glass off.

1 year later
#4868 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

She's home and has fresh code installed!
[quoted image]

Awesome! Glad she arrived safely!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaytrem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.