(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,853 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 minutes ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 66 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 429 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

22605FC4-3D2B-44A6-ADB2-B7221410C45E (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
XS5LK (resized).png
IMG_20191007_184649953 (resized).jpg
4d3ce1f2fc7bf999742aa06b8c644871dada44cf.png (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 5.27.53 PM (resized).png
20190930_211302 (resized).jpg
20190928_121546 (resized).jpg
APcake (resized).jpg
IMG_6412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6420 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6414 (resized).jpeg
20190923_161421 (resized).jpg
20190923_160329 (resized).jpg
20190923_160323 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (12 months ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (9 months ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hooked.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 1 year ago

Pure speculation but I believe it will ship before 2019. Houdini has a 2017 date and they would not want a year without a title.
I thought they would hold the announcement back till Expo or at least Oct 1. I dont think this really surprised anyone it was almost confirmed by multiple sources way back this spring. Maybe the UL is almost ready and they know pinside would sniff them out.

3 weeks later
#531 1 year ago

The controllable diverter interests me....or is it a magnet...humm.

#548 1 year ago

Just finished an hour of Houdini looking forward to their next game. Just a few more days till the critics get to take stabs at the layout.

1 week later
#990 12 months ago

Would have been cool to have a dual faced bar tender that spun around. One side he is happy other side drunk and happy. Maybe not family friendly enough.
Looks like a fun game....great job AP.

#1022 12 months ago

Has there been a ship date floated yet? Wanted to see if.it will be built in the current facility or new one

#1408 11 months ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

We will be working on alternative art.. Backglass as well as cabinet that would be available as an add on.

Excellent!
Moving title from resale market watch to preorder watch. Looking forward to what you guys come up with.

2 months later
#1686 9 months ago

Is this the final art for the back glass?
The cabinet art looks better but not a fan of the roof line shingles.
I could live with this.

Untitled (resized).pngoktoberfest-pinball-machine (resized).png
#1694 9 months ago

These were just photos I ran across on the site nothing to secret at all. Just waiting on playfield pictures and hope for a Texas reveal.

1 month later
#1822 7 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I received my Oktoberfest today... and while I may be totally biased, I am very impressed at the quality of the production hardware. The team at the API factory has built a rock-solid machine. And I'm loving the playfield refinements that Joe Balcer has made, compared to the prototype games that have appeared at shows over the past few months. It just shoots better.
Software-wise, as rosh said, it's really not comparable to the game that was shown at the Chicago Expo. Code, art, and audio have all progressed immensely in the past few months. Game rules are pretty much done now (though I'll still be tweaking score balance obsessively). We've been getting new art and audio assets pretty much daily. And now we're at the point of adding in more lighting effects, shaker effects, knocker effects, all that fun icing on the cake.
And had several friends over to break it in... I believe everyone had a ton of fun. We aimed to create a game that was joyous and festive and silly and fun, with great shots and interesting strategic choices, and I think we nailed it. I couldn't be happier with the overall product, and I hope y'all love it too.

Are you not allowed to post pictures and a vid?

#1859 7 months ago

Any word on playfield art update yet?

#1880 7 months ago

Zack has one at a show now. Someone should post pictures and stream.

#2099 7 months ago

Question I'd like to ask ....how many of those on this thread are currently buying this machine?
Discussion is great but who is putting money down?

1 week later
#2307 7 months ago

Od love to see a duck hunt vid modes.
Left right aim with flipper buttons and fire with third flipper button.

#2309 7 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Can we get some kind of update so that people start arguing again?

This should start an argument.... looks fun cant wait to play one. Ap has raised the bar again with a jam packed playfield for the money.
Ok shouldn't take long now. Lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hooked.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside