(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gsones.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#978 5 years ago

I have to admit that I was not enthusiastic about the theme when I first heard about it but after watching a few gameplay videos I’m pretty impressed. I agree that there is still a bit of tweaking and adjusting that needs to be done but overall it looks like a really fun game. Can’t wait to try it out at TPF and perhaps, add it to the wish list.

Well done API!

3 months later
#1755 5 years ago

Really looking forward to playing this one at TPF. Keep up the great work API!

1 month later
#2330 5 years ago

Really great game. Even better in person than I was expecting. This one has now officially moved to the top of the new game list. Just need to wrangle the $$. Great job API!

2 months later
#3027 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Ouch, talk about adding insult to injury! I believe the current code has a way to start the game in one-handed only mode, search Ferret's posts in this thread as it's definitely mentioned. If you play that way for a significant period of time you'll get good at it I'd bet and then you'll kill that mode during regular games later, great way to beat others during league or tourney I'd think. I wish you a speedy recovery and shipment of your game.

I was talking to Josh at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show last weekend about the one-handed playing feature. I can't recall the exact details off-hand about how to start it but it was something like holding down both right buttons while pressing start. This puts the game in single handed mode for all players for the entire game.

1 year later
#4748 3 years ago

Hello people of Oktoberfest. Tomorrow, if the truck shows up as scheduled, I'll be an official member of the family. I've been a longtime Houdini owner and fan and decided to pull the pin on a NIB Oktoberfest. I've only played it a few times at TPF (when it first came out) and have recently been watching a bunch of gameplay videos so I'm really looking forward to digging deeper into the shots and rules. I will say that one of my deciding factors was the fantastic support and online presence I've seen with Houdini so hats off to the API team for your hard work and dedication. As soon as I get it set up and sorted out, I'll start adding a few mods to it. The Shaker and knocker are a no-brainer but I don't see too many other 3rd party mods floating around out there. Any good ones that you can recommend? Anyway, looking forward to playing some one-handed pinball to celebrate (boy does that sound... strange).

#4754 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Whats else is there to add? Ok,if you play in a dark arcade room like mine you need Neo Pinstadiums. The white diffused light brightens up the playfield like a bowling alley beautifully. Otherwise its sort of dark and you can't see all the stuff going on in the art. The flashing lights setting on roller coaster multiball is rewarding.

Thanks for the recommendation and I just ordered a set of Neo Pinstadiums. I'm curious, what lights do you hook yours up to? Also any tips or warnings about the installation or any other advice.

5 months later
#4858 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Funny you mention that,I have noticed the top left pop doesn't go off when it should on a couple of oktoberfests I have played. They seem to kick in more when the ball is in the center of the three.

They probably just need the contacts adjusted a bit. I did that for both my Oktoberfest and Houdini and it really livened them up. Only took a few minutes to do.

2 weeks later
#4877 2 years ago

Oktoberfest has been my "one more game" game lately. Bought it in May and already have 1300 plays on it. Really enjoying learning the gameplay strategies and the shots. At first I wasn't really thrilled about the theme, but it has really grown on me to the point that my wife and I are quoting some of the callouts even when we're not playing. I think my wife is a bit jealous of Inga's... personality.

I noticed a little chipping around the scoop so I finally got around to installing the Cliffy protectors that I've had laying around. It was a bit of a PITA to install the scoop one (had to loosen the subways underneath, remove wire forms and plastics etc). Got me to thinking, I would have gladly payed extra $$ to have the scoop (and maybe others) factory installed. Something to think about API especially for new builds and upcoming games.

1 month later
#4910 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinslot:

This game was not on my radar at all, but I encountered one 2 days ago by chance in the wild (
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"2e2934e98904869077597bc229f873aac2892670-1639235974-1800"};
//]]>

german pinheads: arcade in Gastromeile, Centro, Oberhausen)
I have not been so impressed by a pin in a long time. As a metalhead/ punk fan I always assumed the music would drive me crazy, but the combination of polka and rock is actually really catchy and of course with this theme there has to be Polka.
The PF layout is fantastic and the attention to detail is astounding. It reminded me of really loaded 90s pins, but with a modern deep rule set. If you even slightly like beer, Polka and fun fairs, you will love it.
It really is a world under glass.
Now the challenge is to convince my wife that this house must have Oktoberfest.

This one is fast becoming one of my wife's favorite games. Now that she's beginning to understand the rules better she's kicking my butt on a regular basis. I too, thought the music might get old quick but I'm really enjoying it and the adult themed callouts as well. Lot of bang for the buck and I'd highly recommend it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gsones.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=gsones and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.