(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dandandan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3084 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If you ever have an Oktoberfest party, let me know

We're planning one here at the factory later this month
I'll have more details this afternoon

(Btw I'm Dan The sales monkey...er manager here at API)

#3088 4 years ago

Thanks man!
we're rather fond of you as well!

#3090 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Hi DanDanDan. I too have met you. We talked at TPF and I asked you why AP was not showing Magic Glass as an option for OKT. I told you that it was offered with Houdini. You told me that it should be and you would make that happen. And, my just delivered OKT, thanks to your efforts, has Magic Glass.
I'm sharing this experience on Pinside so that others can know that you have the same excellent customer focus and follow through as the rest of the AP team that I have dealt with. You folks are doing a great job. Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words!
We really have an amazing bunch of people here that always try to bring their best I am honored to be among them.

#3094 4 years ago

Oktoberfest in June!
Come join us celebrating Oktoberfest in June
Play Oktoberfest
Meet the American Pinball team
Enjoy Oktoberfest themed food and beverages
Get cool swag (while supplies last)
Where:
American Pinball facilities 1448 Yorkshire dr Streamwood IL 60107
When:
June 22nd noon until 5:00pm

#3098 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Best time you'll have all year !

Not that you meant to put any pressure on us!

#3104 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And who knows, Nirmal and his little buddy might be there too !

You are a surprising sadistic man

#3108 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

cool but I all ready have other plans for that date so I can't make it.

keep your eyes peeled this won't be the only event in the near future.

#3110 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You'll be doing one in the Seattle area too then?!

You never know

#3131 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone have some suggested scoring tips? I feel like this game just keeps kicking my ass. I was able to break a million one time only. I feel like I am doing something wrong.

tents and steins are your friends!

1 week later
#3166 4 years ago

In case you missed the other thread

Make sure to visit the Cointaker beer tent and have a beer with Joe Balcer and play Oktoberfest

THURSDAY - SUNDAY

STURBRIDGE HOST HOTEL

366 Main St, Sturbridge, MA 01566

Make sure you don't miss

Seminar - Saturday, JUNE 29th 2019

https://pintasticnewengland.com/2019-speakers/

12:00 Noon Joe Balcer: Pinball: How Did I Get Here?

#3168 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

how cool is this! I just met a guy this weekend at a Monster movie convention who lives IN Streamwood. His name is Vince; hopefully he ends up taking the tour I encouraged him to check out.

that is pretty cool
we're always happy to give a tour and play some Houdini and Oktoberfest with people
Always feel free to PM me if you're ever going to be in the area

#3179 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What is the most current code?
Going to play this again tonight at Ayce Gogi.
2 hour drive in rush hour, in LA traffic.

Code updates here

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

1 week later
#3197 4 years ago
4th art (resized).jpg4th art (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3243 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

That shirt needs to be made haha.

I would do but I am sure I would be looking for work shortly afterwards

#3254 4 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I just heard on Kaneda's podcast that Oktoberfest was on sale at 10% off on July 4th. Why am I just hearing about this? You would think that Houdini owners would have gotten an email with that promotional offer.

That's not quite right...
Merch in the online store was on sale 10% off for the 4th of July week end
which you should have gotten an e-mail about none the less
I am working on making sure the e-mail lists are up to date and when we announce something everyone will get an e-mail

#3272 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We're definitely registered. No promotional email.

we're working on fixing this and making sure all the people on our e-mail list get e-mails

#3276 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

this approach might be more effective than an email.

I'll propose it at the next sales meeting!

#3308 4 years ago

Send you pic to Barry and ask him as well
[email protected]

1 week later
#3370 4 years ago
Quoted from groffdaddy:

Where is the official Oktoberfest stein holder for this game? We need a stein holder!!!

I'm checking into it right now!

#3375 4 years ago

For all interested we're having a contest for Oktoberfest swag on our Facebook page
Go check it out!
https://www.facebook.com/americanpinball/

2 weeks later
#3418 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Finally getting a chance to take one for a spin at ClePin in a couple of weeks.
Any chance that AP will have some of the team there?

Barry and I will be there

#3440 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

don't know his whereabouts over the next few days.

I'll try to get a hold of Barry on his person cell I am not sure if he is getting service on his work cell

#3470 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Frankfurt airport duty free shop loves Oktoberfest!

SAVED

#3487 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll be sure to bug Barry and Co a lot this weekend.

Oh so I am "and Co" now???

#3538 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

but I'd at least be suspicious of a misadjusted switch (or wiggly connector) on the Beer Barrel lock switches.

The game preformed great in the women's tournament, that said it was moved several times after the tournament so the wiggly connector may have been the culprit
We'll have to check the logs

#3539 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:We noticed absolutely no pooling on Oktoberfest.

We have had ZERO reports of the issues other companies are having with their playfields with either of our games

#3564 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

That would be awesome to have a an AP or FlipNOut tent with some Oktoberfest games setup at the festival, would almost certainly sell some games to first time buyers and people who never considered buying a pinball machine before.

We're going to have some games set up in a tent at https://www.facebook.com/events/2190267544607364/
We weren't able to get in the larger ones maybe next year!

#3613 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Barry too !
LTG : )

HEY!!! what about me?

#3619 4 years ago

We are doing a couple local Oktoberfest events Sept 22 at Logan Arcade in Chicago
and Oct 4-5 at The Naper Settlement Oktoberfest in Naperville IL if anyone in the area wants details PM me or check out our webpage

1 week later
#3678 4 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Any tips on what I could do about this ?

contact Barry [email protected]

#3679 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

DanDanDan & Co. too.

Thanks!
(and I will get even with you sir!)

#3680 4 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

do not want to bother people personally.

We all take this business personally it isn't only our job it is something we feel strongly about!

#3695 4 years ago

And here I was thinking I had a really neat idea for a code update that I think would be not TOO hard to implement, but would add another level of strategy to the tent mode selection and link it to game play.
I think everyone who's played this game would agree that it is awesome... but the slight snag about the gameplay from my view as it stands is that once you've played it a few hundred times and basically sussed out what steins to get first and which modes to start and complete first in order to make your path through the game the easiest/most lucrative... once you have finely tuned that path... then it might turn into a kind of linear game... my idea would change that... and also increase the feeling of being IN the festival...

There is no "one path" People are coming up with new paths and strategies all the time, people base their choices based on their experience and game play and then may discover another strategy they hadn't thought of before and it changes the "path".

One of the amazing things our programmers did was create a near infinite number of choices on how you can optimize YOUR particular play style and then change it if you discover a better method.

#3748 4 years ago

I was just looking for a way to extend those years a bit

When you get too good you can always set it to one handed play.

1 week later
#3807 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Joe is still with American Pinball. And designing new pins.
LTG : )

I was going to ask if Joe isn't here anymore who is the guy sitting at his desk and working on new projects everyday?

#3809 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It could be a Zando-Zan that's working on "The Last Starfighter" design!

XS5LK (resized).pngXS5LK (resized).png
#3836 4 years ago

I've a feeling my upper ball guide has a bad curve... May need to strip the playfield a bit to try and tweak it...

E-mail Barry [email protected] I'm sure he can help you out with any tweaks you may need to make

#3847 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I would call them and / or e-mail [email protected], despite his BTA acronym he's actually pretty friendly and helpful.
P.S. Pinball machines break, it's what they do but the folks at American Pinball are top-notch and I'm sure you'll be back to flipping in no time.

For any problem I would recommend this be the first thing you always do Barry is as stated in the quote top notch and always eager to help.

#3871 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Had a great time at expo with dandandan and ferret. Dan, thanks for giving me a tour at the factory-
[quoted image]

It was a pleasure having you and EVERYONE over for a plant visit, our doors are always open to anyone who would like a factory tour (make an appointment with me anytime!) It was great putting faces with names. Plan on touring our new facility as well (when ever it gets done)

#3872 4 years ago

Here is a sneak peak at the new and improved animation debuted at Expo last week end starts at 17:31ish
They really did an amazing job looks like a whole new game!

#3875 4 years ago
Quoted from pimseb:

Hi guys. I own an houdini machine and I enjoy it a lot. I'm still thinking of getting an octoberfest but I haven't been able to test it yet. I'm looking for a movie that shows the game with the latest code and the updated music themes. I found nothing on youtube. Can you help me ? I still dont know if I should go for an oktoberfest or a JP premium from Stern. Thank you

Some of it is in the video I linked the code has not been released yet and once it is released we'll have some video out there.

#3877 4 years ago
Quoted from pimseb:

I have no sound in this youtube video. I tried on my phone and on my android TV box. Sound is very low and glitches

We'll have something up soon!

#3883 4 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Hey Guys , I just picked up and Oktoberfest yesterday. I am really liking it so far. The only issue that is really bothering me is the Food ramp. Every single time I hit that shot the ball comes flying down the ramp and when it hits the end it flies off the ramp hits the glass and drains . Has anybody come up with a fix or something for thenemd of the wire form?
Also noticed one other thing. I can just keep hitting the flippers and I get points. Everytime I flip a flipper I get points.

As always I recommend talking to Barry in support [email protected]

#3901 4 years ago

Update animations, new music, voice calls, match sequence, and a ton more!
See release notes for installation instructions and to see what has changed!
https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

19-10-24 (resized).png19-10-24 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#3962 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

It takes a little bit longer to go through warranty service/ticketing/support. As a location operator, I’d rather just buy the part from somewhere that can get it to me fast.

Have you contacted tech support at American Pinball yet?
I think you'll be pleasantly surprise on how fast you get helped?
Also have you contacted the distributor you purchased the game from?

#3964 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

The fact that they have both failed so quickly doesn’t give me confidence that this is a reliable part.

I just sent you a PM

1 week later
#3995 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I just wanted to let you know “what the people are saying” .

We truly appreciate all feedback good, bad, or indifferent.
We may not respond to all feedback but believe me when I say most feedback is brought up in the office during meetings or water cooler talk.

#4010 4 years ago

Please AP, do not let this statement discourage you from adding things to the code that you think will improve the game! I will certainly appreciate any improvements you make and look forward to code updates myself

the best part is the player gets to decide
No one one the planet is going to stop Josh from tweeking the code he is a programming force of nature shaped like a man!

1 week later
#4067 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

ferret & rosh maybe one day I can come visit you guys (once you are moved of course) - I would love to see the tools and tool chains that you guys are using!

You don't have to wait for us to get into the new place if you are even in town just let us know.

#4070 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I hope some day to see the new place. Though not going back to Expo, not likely I'll be anywhere near Chicago again.

Ah you can find an excuse to get down here sometime I'm sure

#4082 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

You heard it here first, folks: American Pinball's next game will be Harry Potter!

DAMN IT JOSH!!!!

#4087 4 years ago

We have 5 games with the original prototype cabinets with the original art work (sorry no monkey back glass) available.
The play-fields, hardware, etc. will all be the current version.
These are the 5 original cabinets that debuted at Expo 2018.
When they are gone they are gone only 5 of these exist.
If you are interested in owning one of these contact your local distributor.

IMG_0429 (resized).JPGIMG_0429 (resized).JPGIMG_0431 (resized).JPGIMG_0431 (resized).JPG
#4091 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I recall a lot of criticism directed at AP on this because the name of the game was obscured.

That was before my time but I recall something like that I'l ask the guys monday

#4106 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Having a "guaranteed" skill shot to the bar is not the intended design... after all, it's supposed to be a SKILL shot. On my machine, I usually make the bar skill shot with a full plunge MINUS "a little bit". Not quite sure what "a little bit" is, I do it by feel. YMMV. One of the leagues I played this season featured Oktoberfest, and the bar skill shot there was just a bit different from my machine, enough so that I missed the shot at all the worst times. (Thanks, Murphy's Law! )

a 90-95% full plunge gets me the skill shot 90-95% of the time for me
(your results may vary)

1 month later
#4204 4 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

AP are releasing a package to existing owners which includes a coil stop which shortens the upper flipper stroke. This, apparently, will make it significantly easier to get the ball in the barrel.

Yup contact your local distributor!

#4208 4 years ago

What LTG said

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dandandan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=dandandan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.