(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjmjmm2006.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 5 years ago

Cant wait. the breweries we operate in are gonna love this!

#97 5 years ago

Every new pin has me excited. This is no different. The fact that this will look much different than the direction of other manufacturers is awesome. I love the variety and eagerness to take on something that isn't the norm. Good luck Joe and Co! I will be supporting this for sure. Our breweries are gonna love this one.

#272 5 years ago

I am not sure where I stand amongst the pinside crowd on this but I'm genuinely excited to get another game from a manufacturer I like supporting. Think we have 4 Houdini's out for play and the feedback is mostly positive. Overall I do think the game is hard but here is another chance at making some improvements to what they create. I look at how spooky started to the overall look of their current titles. They've improved different parts of their games. Also p-roc hardware helps this along. They are simplifying what they do, create and manufacture pinball machines. Not creative board sets and electronics.

I hope it's a home run, kind of like Iron Maiden was. Everyone on the site complained about the theme but if you play it, most will agree, it is very fun and has unique geometry to keep the interest of players.

Cant wait until the reveal.

3 weeks later
#541 5 years ago

This is one of the biggest reasons I'm going to expo. I handle a lot of breweries and they will almost all want a pin like this.

1 week later
#939 5 years ago

Looks awesome!! Congratulations to American Pinball on another great achievement!

I'm excited for this one especially because we operate games in so many breweries. I think this will be a hit with their customers and will tie in well with the spaces provided in each.

Abel Electronics get my order ready! Cant wait!!

6 months later
#2784 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I was finally able to play Oktoberfest at Helicon Brewery in Pittsburgh. Helicon also has BKsor (pro), ACNC, MBre (LE), BM66 and other newer games. Of the 5 mentioned, I ended up playing 15 games of Okto and between 5-10 of the others, primarily because I found Okto to be so friggin unique. I love the theme, really like the art but the animation was not great at all, but I found that I didn't care because the game was so fun. I do recognize, however, that animation can be important. For example, BKsor's was so good that it made the game so much better than it would be without it (btw, I really really liked BKsor (pro) - can't wait to try the LE version). In any event, I was very impressed with the quality of Okto. It's obviously a high end, well put-together game. I loved the tents and that it's a challenging game; it made me want to keep playing. The music was perfectly acceptable and not redundant as I initially feared.
Some problems with the game that I experienced: 1. The right ramp is challenging, but not more challenging than it should be. I never reached the barrel multiball, though, in part because the ball popped out of the wireform on 2 occasions, which was very annoying since it is such a difficult shot to begin with. 2. The ball popped out of the Food wireform on several occasions, too. 3. I achieved the grand champion score (only because it's so new) but the system rebooted while I was entering my initials and I didn't get any credit. 4. There was no match after the game (probably just needs to be set by the owner). 5. At one point the flippers stopped working and I thought the game froze - it turns out that I was in some kind of skill-shot challenge but I apparently did not see or hear any prompting.
Despite these issues, I rank these 5 games: 1. Okto; 2. BKsor (pro) and ACNC - a tie and close seconds; 4. BM66; 5. MBre (LE).

Thank you for the insight. I read everything you said above and I will do my best to address all these issues. We have already contacted American about some potential software issues and hope to have these resolved.

I really appreciate you taking the time to give us prespective. Thanks for supporting us at Helicon! I am not sure if you saw us there last night. I was Dr. Strange.

20190426_205257 (resized).jpg20190426_205257 (resized).jpg
#2785 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Keep believing you bought a good game...

The game is certainly a good one. Whether it will go beyond good is still up for debate. I support all manufacturers of pinball games at Helicon and will continue to push pinball to the masses. This game has been very well received and multiple players have thanked me for having this on site.

Please let me know what your measure is for a game to be considered good? I appreciate all opinions and objective comments etc.

#2787 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

The knocker and shaker motor would make this game so much better; that was very good news. Yes, thanks for stocking Helicon with such great, high quality games. I love that there are so many LE versions; that's very uncommon. With all that said, Thunderbirds is a real head-scratcher.

You're welcome. I appreciate the kind words. We are making an effort to represent every manufacturer at Helicon Brewing. Cosmic Cart Racing will be making a return soon in the head to head format so we are excited about that also. Thunderbirds has it's place at the brewery and I can honestly say it has some fans. Now they may not be on pinside but I have had offers to purchase this game by a local pinball enthusiast but I declined and gave him Joe's info at Pinballstar. Some people love this theme. It is not one that is recognizable to me but to each his own.

Thanks for your support!

#2798 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I played Tunderbirds but I didn't get the full experience; the sound was either not working or turned off. I'd give it another shot.

Thanks for the heads up. I will have a look at that this week. I'll be back in touch.

#2824 4 years ago

I want to add I am very pleased with the prompt response from American Pinball on any issues I've encountered with any Pinball game they have sold me. To date I think we own six or seven with 3 more on the way. Thanks guys. People are really enjoying the game at Helicon!

#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Thanks to you also for your support, cjmjmm2006! So glad you and your customers are liking the games.

"We have top men working on it right now."

"Who?"

"TOP men..."

#2831 4 years ago

The game has been a huge hit local to me. Starport and one other local site with have Oktoberfest this Sunday. Excited to get these games in the wild to see what others really think of them! Cheers American Pinball! Well done!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjmjmm2006.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=cjmjmm2006 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.