(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#613 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Oh my beer swilling friends. They put all the flipper buttons on the right side and forgot to put any on the left.

Would be hilarious if that was one of the modes though. A beer in hand mode where those two buttons operate both flippers.

#712 5 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Agreed... but then you'd need the two flipper buttons on both sides of the machine to support both lefties and righties...

No you wouldn’t.

#763 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Interesting layout. Looks like it might be a lot of fun. Man is that thing ugly though.

Was thinking just the opposite. Haha

#776 5 years ago

Over/under the left ramp return takes 10 mins? Haha. Would take down LW3 as longest ever.

#796 5 years ago

Hopefully the internet isn’t the issue. That would affect all the streams all weekend.

#828 5 years ago

Sweet one handed pinball confirmed!!

#836 5 years ago

Magnet over by the Oktoberfest stand ups. Like drones but opposite side.

#1239 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Ball times do seem super long.
Lightning flippers?

Play worse.

#1319 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Not really: the stuff on Thunderbirds is *supposed* to do that.

That sucks.

For those that played OF, what was your favorite part of it?

#1386 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yes, it's a lift ramp and I was a little worried when I first heard that because of some poor implementations of lift-ramps in other games. However those that played the game said it does not feel like a lift ramp when you hit it so I'm encouraged.

Yeah good call. With having adjustable flipper strengths I bet it won’t be like TWD and need lots of tweaking. At least I hope not.

3 weeks later
#1562 5 years ago

Get your chicken hats ready!!

1 week later
#1581 5 years ago

Who’s ready to play this awesome game at Pincinnati?!? Can’t wait!

#1600 5 years ago

Oktoberfest is live!!

www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

#1607 5 years ago

I’ve never been to a show where the vendors or companies stayed until past midnight. AP crew is great. OF is tons of fun. Can’t wait to see it get fleshed out.

#1630 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Saturday was over 14 hours for me.. Annnnd 8 am I am at work on Monday. WTH

You’re a better man than me sir. I’m not standing at all today. Haha

#1648 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta integrate the Beer keg lock into the game more, i think i've seen it once?

It’s just damn hard to hit. I don’t think I hit it once in 20 games.

1 month later
#1731 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not to be too picky. But, pinside shows Oktoberfest as a 2018 game; shouldn’t it be a 2019 game? <Granted it does hit production this year>

Depends on when pinside considers a game to come out. What’s the date on Pirates?

2 weeks later
#1741 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I just expected more chatter The Munster's thread has 3000 posts about shallow code and coil count

Thank god for that too.

#1752 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Can you please please please install Cliffy's on scoop holes in advance!

Give the option to the buyer! Id just remove it. Haha

#1754 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

You don't dig Cliffys?
I'm doing this install currently.... Wish all companies put them in.

Change gameplay too much. Especially after they get beat up. Love their updated lane guides for older games though. Those are magic.

I just Mylar up on scoops and that’s enough protection for me.

#1757 5 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

You would hate playing at my house then, I'm All about protection. PLAYFIELD protectors, cliffies, lexan washers everywhere, double metal washers on almost all plastics anything to save plastics and the playfields especially these newer titles. I didn't let one ball roll over my NIB Star Trek till I did everything above.

If it plays good, that’s all I care about. So if you figured out how to put all that on there and it still plays great, that’s awesome.

But more often than not when I Cliffy is on a scoop or saucer on a well played game, they get chewed up and reject like crazy. No fun.

2 weeks later
#1868 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I really liked the long, slow roll down the roller-coaster ramp, it's different. I wouldn't want every shot or even every other shot doing it but used properly I think it's cool. I can see it being an advantageous shot during MBs to (I have no idea if this is possible or not in the code) have the ball take a while to get back to you so you can get control or hit another shot while waiting for it.

Agreed. Also there are modes where you loop the ramp so it doesn’t hold then drop. I’m sure it returns faster in that scenario. Good mix up from the Uber fast screamer games.

I think this game can have a good mix of stop and go, and fast shots.

#1871 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Actually, the lock release device has a nifty interlock on it that prevents any balls but the one being released from exiting the lock. However, the flip side of that is we can’t let balls just roll through.
I like the Rube Goldberg effect of starting Corkscrew MB — the ball releases are timed so that all three are spiraling around the wireform at the same time, it’s fun to watch. (Just don’t watch TOO long, as the balls do pick up speed when they reach the flipper!) If you were shooting that wireform 10 times a ball, yeah, the length might be frustrating, but the way it’s used avoids that IMHO.

Thanks for the clarification. I loved getting that MB started when I played it st Pincinnati. Looking forward to playing again tomorrow night.

#1931 5 years ago

Thanks for everyone that tuned in today. Hopefully got people excited to play at TPF!

#1970 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I also watched various segments throughout the stream, but never caught a single ball going into the barrel or a beer barrel multiball in action.

You have to specifically go for it. It’s not going to just happen. It’s a two step process to hit that shot, and it’s very hard. There was probably less than 5 people at that show that knew how to get setup for a shot on the side ramp.

It will happen more once people know the game better.

It’s like trying to setup and make the whirlwind ramp during MB.

#1976 5 years ago

I will say that I hit the side ramp a couple times where I thought it should’ve went but stopped short. Might be a flipper power issue not sure. But that can obviously be adjusted. Or I just flat out missed it. Not sure.

#1984 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looked like super bands were on the flippers? If so, I bet a traditional black flipper rubber would greatly increase accuracy. From my personal experience, super bands suck donkey balls on upper flipper shots like STLE or X-MEN.

They use silicone I believe. But until they get nice and dirty they are hard to line up shots too. I’m more than used to them though and still had a hell of a time making the shot. Keeps me coming back though.

#2006 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hey, what am I, chopped liverwurst?

The bonus countdown screen is amazing. Haha. I’d praise more, but that’s all I’m sure that you did.

Keep it up. Can’t wait to play more.

#2027 5 years ago

Most people that played the beer in hand mode had no idea what was going on, but it’s hilarious.

#2030 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yeah, I think it needs a real clear warning like the "cross your arms NOW!" sequence for Strait-Jacket escape in Houdini, except maybe (in the adult mode) it would say "grab your beer now!"

I mean they would still miss it. Just have to get used to it. Maybe a long pause for when the mode starts so the player looks up and sees the screen say that “left button disabled, cheers and use both right buttons to flip the flippers.” That accompanied with a callout would be cool.

#2101 5 years ago

I need an upper flipper game and I would love for this to be it. I just need more time on it. I don’t fire from the hip when I buy. I played ACDC for like 4 years before I bought one. Haha

#2126 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm also not a fan of the two areas with 5 or so half standup targets, I just don't find large groupings of mini standup targets interesting to hit.

I do. They way they are oriented, you can hit the first one and sweep them all. I’m sure they have something awesome in the code for us you do that too.

Now the drone area on dialed in? I’m with ya there. Boring to go after that shot.

#2130 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Love the drone area in Dialed In as the magnet is used there often and there's also multiple moving drones to interact with the shot.

Same thing with these standup areas. No spinning propellers though.

#2171 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

does anyone have insight on the tent modes? Watching some of the videos (admittedly not all of them) I kind of had the impression they were all just “hit the flashing lights” without much sequencial progression within the mode. Is there more going on?

Yes. They are all very different. Never felt the same to me. Hell, one you have to play one handed.

#2223 5 years ago

Did anyone mention ducks yet?

DUCKS.

#2239 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Inspired by tapper, still tweaking it, to get the difficulty right, that third button was key to be able to do it

This mode was great once I learned how to play it. Move the bar tender from tap to tap with the flipper buttons. Press and hold the third button to pour. Quicker the service the higher the points it seemed like. The longer each person waited, the fewer points their pour was worth.

#2246 5 years ago

Put little baby mascots of your favorite teams in them. Me redlegs, whodey, and scratch the UK wildcat. Haha

#2281 5 years ago

Firepower destroys you.

#2283 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Thinking about this, didn’t Gorgar taunght you “Gorgar, me beat you”?

Something like that. Or Me Got You.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#2426 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yes, I was the one making the point that he does indeed have experience specifically in pinball - not exactly a top 10 list by any objective means though the era most of his work was in wasn't particularly great in general IMO. I LOVE the art package in Houdini, even the animations seem to fit well and the moving gears steam-punk scoring display is superb. I'm not an artist by any means so if there are "problems" with it I'm blissfully ignorant of them. I think OKT is visually fine from a printed art standpoint but do agree some of the animations could be much better, I don't think that would ever stop me from dumping money in one or seriously consider it for my collection though. Would be interesting to see a poll of how many pinheads notice these things versus those that don't, specifically the relatively minor artwork "issues" the same few seem to find in every game.

Prepopulate my vote as in the camp that cares way more about the rules and gameplay compared to the animations on the LCD. Just give me good info on the screen, and I’m a pig in shit.

#2487 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

There's no depth to any of this art, that's why it looks flat.
Here's a simple mockup. The beer is closer to the camera, which makes it look more inviting. Like "Here, have a beer!" not "I'm holding this beer against my nipple!"
Give it a slight tilt. Shade around the beer to show it's clearly in front of the subject. I also adjusted the arm so it looks more like the forearm is pointing forward (like the photo of the woman above) which then makes the angle of the fist make sense.
[quoted image]

This looks like shit. I like it the way AP did it.

#2521 5 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Greenhorn here so forgive me, but what game is AMH?

984B1E08-1033-4ADC-9B42-F0562BD07C9F (resized).jpeg984B1E08-1033-4ADC-9B42-F0562BD07C9F (resized).jpegA0325D90-4107-47C5-AE9A-D2D37E065CF2 (resized).jpegA0325D90-4107-47C5-AE9A-D2D37E065CF2 (resized).jpeg
#2525 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Woof.....Major insert font fail for starters! Yikes

9649DB84-0C76-47D7-83F6-2A80B0F0B9E6 (resized).jpeg9649DB84-0C76-47D7-83F6-2A80B0F0B9E6 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#3191 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

HAHAHA...don't set any game up like those leg levelers! The rear ones look like they will snap off at the first bump.

They don’t. If I get an Oktoberfest, it will be the first game I have that doesn’t look like this. Haha

#3193 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The thing about Oktoberfest is that it has a LOT of side-to-side action, which already makes the game tricky to handle. If you want your game to be more difficult, consider removing the center post, tightening the tilt, and/or making the outline save targets more difficult in the adjustments.

Sensitive slings is a good one too.

1 month later
#3392 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Nah, pins are enough fun. Don't need the other 6 billion telling me their fun too. Besides, some of them even have more fun than me when they use my credit cards!

I know this is off topic, but I only use FB for pinball. Only closed groups or follow pinball companies. I’ve unfollowed my entire friends list, and no one can search for me. Zero BS expect for typical pinball drama. Haha. Mostly people getting made fun of for using colored LEDs.

Just a thought.

#3400 4 years ago

If you want to have the Oktoberfest theme come alive in this game, listen to everything Viggin900 suggests. Dude loves Oktoberfest. Jason, I need to come hang with you at one of them this year and do it right!

3 weeks later
#3479 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Thank you! I never pulled one out

So that’s why you have so many kids.

#3483 4 years ago

Jason is having some of us over later this month. I will take record of how many of us get the beer barrel MB while there. Some good players are going over to play it, and we will be concentrating on it. I’ll be playing this at CLE PIN this weekend too and will exclusively be going for this MB to see just how hard it is. Even if lock isn’t lit.

One question, will the magnet ever automatically grab the ball to help line up that shot? I always get confused on if I even have a mag nab available to use or not.

What if you could also light lock by simply hitting the beer barrel? So hit it when it’s unlit, that lights lock. Hit it again to lock the ball.

#3486 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I doubt there is a sensor to tell the game when the ball is in grabbing disrance seeing as how the magna-nab button is how the game is designed to grab the ball...

I feel like I’ve see it grab when I shoot the right spinner. Could have been a sloppy shot and just looked that way though.

I’ll be sure to bug Barry and Co a lot this weekend. Haha

#3498 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Oh so I am "and Co" now???

Sorry. Wasn’t sure who was coming with. Haha. I’ll see ya soon!

#3508 4 years ago

Okay. It’s TOTALLY makable. Just got beer barrel twice in the same game. Once you’re used to when the magnet is gonna help and want not, it’s totally doable.

#3511 4 years ago

It’s definitely not easy and I was specifically going for it. I compare it to whirlwind’s jackpot shot but a tad harder as it’s harder to set up the shot than whirlwind.

#3532 4 years ago

Had some goofy behavior right before Barry and Dan packed the game up at CLE PIN.

Started the game and hit the scoop to start a tent mode. After selecting duck hunt, the game gave me beer barrel lock 1, then served a ball into the shooter lane after the ball came out of the scoop. Then it had the ball start animation. Once I drained one of the balls it went to bonus count up.

#3560 4 years ago

Cincinnati is huge for Oktoberfest. Just ask my pal Viggin900 I’ll be serving beer at a booth next weekend, and he’s going to be dancing his face off all throughout the festivities! German people are everywhere around here and NKY and Cincy come out on droves for this every year. AP needs to come setup here one year!

#3565 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

We're going to have some games set up in a tent at https://www.facebook.com/events/2190267544607364/
We we're able to get in the larger ones maybe next year!

Hell yeah!

#3571 4 years ago

Really enjoying this game. Just got into the steins and how they boost the modes last night. I was getting some really good mode scores doing this.

The modes I played were very well varied and I don’t feel like any of them were the same at all.

I was HORRIBLE at ducky derby though. I didn’t even hit the first ducks shot haha. Is that mode supposed to end your ball when it’s over? When I lost the flippers died, ball drained and bonus counted up.

#3572 4 years ago

It seems though with Houdini and now Oktoberfest, there isn’t much in the way of super exciting moments. I’m doing a lot of “wow that’s cool” or “love the rules of that mode”, but I’m not getting the adrenaline pumping moments that some other games have.

The first hour I spent on Black Knight SOR or GOT I was blown away by the excitement and fast brutal gameplay and exciting moments.

But that’s not a bad thing. Just another option in the market and games like this do a really good job of mixing up the gameplay in a lineup.

I find myself just trying to see as much as possible in this game as opposed to going for score as I typically do. So much to do in this game. That’s going to keep me coming back.

Well done.

#3575 4 years ago

Yeah man from beyond is amazing. But the stuff like the super jackpots in GOT or GB or destroying the Death Star in Star Wars is just a whole different animal.

I like how AP games have their own feel and experience. Options are great. Still on the fence about Oktoberfest, but I’m very impressed with it.

#3577 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

and there can be some crazy light shows if you’re in multiball with a tent stacked

Great call here. This light is great as I stacked cork screw with the mode that goes back and forth between the oktober and fest targets. Cool light show that want seizure inducing.

Kinda hard to put my finger on what I’m trying to point out, I just haven’t left a game of OF with my heart pounding like other games I’ve played. Again, not a bad thing, just different. Which I’m sure that’s the point.

#3584 4 years ago

is there screaming already? Sorry if I'm suggesting something thats already there...

Yeah I’m pretty sure there already is.

#3586 4 years ago

Cool!! I need to get my game set up so I can actually play it... then I can make meaningful suggestions... I bet the birdie song's not in there though

Don’t hold me to that. Whenever I start that multiball, me and the group I’m with always holds our hands up and screams. I think the game is doing it too though. Hahaha

#3591 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I get you 100%. It's not an intense game like most recent Sterns. It's a nice break from that. I had TWD, GOT and ACDC in a row and this just replaced one of those. There is nothing relaxing or light hearted about any of those.

Sounds like we have very similar tastes. Those are my top three sterns ever. They’ve all also caused me to invent some very interesting cuss words.

#3603 4 years ago

My fingers still hurt. Haha

#3617 4 years ago

Just don’t call him “and Co”. Haha

#3636 4 years ago

Just practice. I’m getting good at it. I was getting Beer Barrel almost every game at Viggin900 ‘s house by the end of the night.

It’s really late on the flipper. Really late.

#3696 4 years ago

When I go to pick a stein that I’ve already chosen, I think I can get it up to three times. What does subsequent choices of the same stein do for me?

#3700 4 years ago

Awesome thanks. So my thinking of getting to stein level 3 right before a cork screw MB or Beer Barrel Mb was sound. Now I’m thinking that pop bumper mode with a level three stein might be good money too. I’ll have to experiment more.

Thanks again!

1 week later
#3773 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Am I missing something? Is there a easy multiball in Octoberfest? I feel it takes to long to lock 3 balls in both beer barrel end up top. Game needs a easy multiball and it would feel much better imo

Juggler mode. One shot.

1 week later
#3819 4 years ago
Quoted from sven:

Maybe some people like to listen to him, but: he's nowhere near a reliable source now, is he?

Haha. Absolutely not. Entertainment only people.

#3821 4 years ago

Hahaha. I’d like to ASS you a few questions.

1 week later
#3893 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

My basement floor is out of level bad. What is that cell phone ap that you can load and then lay your phone on the playfield to check for the 6.5?

PinGuy

1 month later
#4037 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

My only other critique is that there’s nothing fun and easy for a beginner to do. For example, it took me several games to get a multiball going. A beginner would have no chance to see MB, and may never even happen into a mode.

A multiball is one shot away. Plunge, shoot tent scoop start the juggling mode.

4 months later
#4339 4 years ago

Make sure your new pinballs aren’t the super shiny ones. Those will magnetize again.

#4341 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Thats good to know, I have been replacing mine and the new ones aren't shiny. I didn't know it was a good thing.

The only pinballs I’ve been able to find that aren’t susceptible to magnetization are these:

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-116-pinball-standard-size.html

And these.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=69&search=Pinballs+

#4343 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I've never had a magnetization issue with the ones from Pinball Resource and that's even in Cirqus Voltaire which has a lot of magnet use.

Never tried theirs, but not surprised. PBR is the shit!

1 month later
#4408 3 years ago

Take a qtip and put a tiny bit of white lithium grease on them and rub that on the spoon. It will make it extra slippery and eliminate any resistance.

Make sure the switches are wiped clean too.

I remember bobukcat working on his Houdini pops for forever before he got them lively.

1 month later
#4484 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Thank you. I've called all week, goes straight to voicemail. There is a message from me from Monday

Next time email directly to API service like he suggested. (I would do it now if you haven’t already). Sounds like that will get immediate help for you.

#4486 3 years ago

Yeah I think they just have a specific process and if it’s not followed things fall through the cracks it seems.

1 month later
#4656 3 years ago
Quoted from Filimurz:

Ferret, have ordered a new set of balls....since I could only find steel ones I presume they are subject to becoming magnetized, too??
Rosh, thanks, I will keep a blank thumb drive at the ready for the next episode of “Balls to the Wall”

Buy these. Won’t have any issues.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=69

#4657 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

What balls did you replace the magnetized balls with? I put a brand new set of Ball Baron balls in less than a month ago (yes, they were the ones that are supposed to resist being magnetized). I bought into the hype about how great they are...guess they're not as good as everyone says they are

See my post above. Never had those get magnetized. I have been buying them consistently for about 3 years.

#4661 3 years ago

Those are good too. They were out of stock for a while so I switched to Titan then never switched again.

1 year later
#4821 2 years ago

Just had an end of ball bonus last night at 7x that got me 1.4 million points. What did I do? Haha. I think I got that duck derby mode. That’s all I remember. I want to say I had 70-75 ducks too.

#4822 2 years ago

Also, by the end of our session last night the corkscrew ramp became impossible to make. I assume it was flipper fade. Any tips other than putting fans on the flippers? We had not issues at the start of the session, then the ball stopped making it all the way up about 30 mins later.

#4827 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The real key to monster scores in Oktoberfest is winning several tent modes in the same ball. Winning a tent mode gives you 10% of your score in that tent as multipliable bonus... times the number of tents you won on that ball. So if you win 5 tents on a single ball, you're actually getting 50% of your score from those 5 tents as multipliable bonus. Yes, huge point potential. And that's when you really want to have one or more Reclab Redrum Stout steins, which give extra Bonus X increase.
Also: don't tilt!

Def had the bonus x Stein and had a very long ball. Are green tents the ones you completed? I feel like I had 3-4 in that ball. Makes sense.

#4831 2 years ago

160 million in bonus?!? Yeah that seems broken. What was the actual score from that ball outside of bonus?

#4833 2 years ago

Yuck. Getting an end of ball bonus that is more than double the points you scored during the ball is no bueno imo. It’s fun to have fun with bonus, but not overpowered like that. Seems like that bonus from completely tents might be better at around 5% instead of 10%. Excited to get more time on this now that a good friend has one.

No suggestions on how to get the flippers to keep optimal performance over long periods of play? I’d like to be able to play corkscrew MB after 30-40 mins of playing.

#4835 2 years ago
Quoted from E_Gpinball:

For flipper performance, you may want to try lowering the flipper coil power slightly. You will reduce the flipper strength up front, but it won't generate as much heat and may not lose its strength after a long game.

Does your corkscrew become impossible after 30-40 mins? If not, what’s your right flipper strength set at?

#4838 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

What E_Gpinball describes is somewhere on the extreme tail of the bell curve. But I know you're an experienced tournament player, get some serious time on the game, and I'll welcome your thoughts on the overall scoring balance.

I've played mine for hours and not had trouble making the Corkscrew ramp... my Lower Right Flipper power = 28.

Thanks Joe! I will be headed to my buddy’s this week again and I’ll put a lot more time on it. I’ll let you know.

#4840 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I agree,not had any weak flipper after playing like Houdini.
I too would like your input on scoring, I made some comments last month and crickets.

Have you ever had a ball last for almost 30 mins?

#4842 2 years ago

Also, how frequent are extra balls on stock settings? I got like 5-6 the other night. Is that normal for good games?

#4849 2 years ago

Played a lot more yesterday. My understanding of playing modes that you have steins of makes the modes worth more or easier or both.

So I figured if I brought 2 steins into tap it, I could take in the points. Turns out all it does is makes the mode impossible. Sends fifty people to the taps immediately and you lose almost instantly.

Am I missing something about the stein perks in modes?

Thanks!

#4851 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Steins’ only effect on their “paired” tent mode is to multiply the points awarded… 1 Stein = 2x tent scoring, 2 steins = 3x tent scoring, 3 steins = 4x tent scoring, etc. They’re not supposed to have any other effect on their paired tents. (Of course, there’s a stein that has the “global” effect of adding more tent time, which affects all tents.)
rosh will have to comment on why you might have gotten so many customers so fast in Tap It… I don’t touch video modes.

I did it three games in a row. I was only able to serve like 2 people. Normally I get like 10-20 served.

#4859 2 years ago

They are just like any other pops. Need to be cleaned and adjusted perfectly to get the best action. Always takes some trial and error to get it right.

#4861 2 years ago

A TINY bit of white lithium grease on the spoon helps up the sensitivity too.

3 months later
#4943 2 years ago

Is this a bug? Someone on FB said they collected 3 sky slide steins then the bar stayed open rest of game. Is that supposed to happen?

2 months later
#4956 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Figured I’d ask here first… any suggestions on the best place to preorder Oktoberfest?
I know with Covid things changed but I had a few oreorders on other pinballs cancelled recently (some placed well in advance and some places last minute)
I just want to put a deposit down one place and not have to worry about doing multiple places or getting screwed.
Thanks in advance!

Dayton Arcades and More.

#4959 2 years ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

The only website I'm finding for them doesn't seem to be working. Has anyone used the Pinside marketplace listings to get a preorder in? There seems to be a decently wide range of prices.

59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
#4960 2 years ago

Per Facebook they are updating their website.

Try that number. Ask for Doug. They are an authorized dealer for AP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.