(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brenna98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4365 3 years ago

I’m excited to work with API and their customers!
As a community member, I know how valuable these club threads can be for information.
I’ll be getting up to speed with the company and the games over the next several weeks and will be reading the threads to see where I can help.
If you need an answer from API directly; [email protected] or 833 API HELP

3 weeks later
#4406 3 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I'd like to get a little more action in the pop bumpers (ideally, have the ball bounce up to the TAP lanes a little more often, as that almost never happens). Adjusting coil strength doesn't seem to help much. Leaf switches are well-adjusted. Playfield pitch is around 6 degrees. Is it just me, or does the ball spend less time in the pop bumpers in this game compared to most pins?

My suggestion is to leave the pop bumper coil settings at factory. If you want more action out of them; here's what I do to all my games:
Use a switch adjustment tool on each pop bumper switch to decrease the gap so the contacts are almost touching.
Also, the "spoon" where the pop bumper skirt point touches: Make sure that leaf of the switch only has enough tension just to touch the point. Too much tension between the point of the skirt and the spoon causes drag and less action.

Once you have them all adjusted, put the playfield back down and start a game. Now with a soft part of a fist, pound a few times in the middle of the playfield. The objective here is to see if that gap is too close where vibrations will set off the pops.
You can also manually touch each pop skirt and see if the vibration causes the other pops to fire. They should not.

Hope that helps.

1 month later
#4479 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Total buyer's remorse. Trying to be patient, but looking at my $7000 paper weight for the last 28 days is hard to swallow

I'm still on top of it, SR-6379. It's an individual part within a power supply. We needed to order this from our supplier, and expect it to arrive this week. As soon as it does, i'll have a tracking number for the shipment to you.

For the future, please contact me directly on my API email for status updates. It can be difficult to cross reference a pinside name with your actual name and Service Request number.

1 week later
#4529 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

I finally heard back from AP. It's a shame that it had to be taken this far. They are supposed to overnight the part to me. I'm going to give them one final chance. So I have pulled the for sale ad. Thank you to all that pm'd interest in buying. I'm sorry to those who still interested. I just hope I'm not sorry for making this decision

Sorries and excuses don't get your game running. It's my fault for not making sure a tracking number was issued to you prior to me going camping this past week. When I saw the for sale ad, I knew I/API messed up bad. I will do better in the future. I'm still learning what levers I can pull and buttons to push to make this service ship go faster and be more efficient.

4 weeks later
#4618 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

The amp has an unused left and right rca imput so can I redirect the audio into the amp using a simple £3 converter like this?

Give it a try. It’s cheap enough.
I know people plug external subs directly into the amp using the rca plugs.

2 weeks later
#4644 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Does anyone have a solution for this? Happens constantly, I may have to bend a plastic piece from the sign to get it to stay out.

Try bending out the guide to the lock entry a bit.

2 months later
#4686 3 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Any help appreciated.

I’m on it.
Read my email, then we can walk through some tests over the phone if you want.

1 month later
#4694 3 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

CONSTANTLY changing the power of their scoop coil? Man this has been driving me insane.

Does the scoop fire consistently when you first start playing the cold game, then progressively gets worse as you play?

Are you getting a solid 48v off the power supply? (Brown and Black wires)

1 month later
#4725 3 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I’m looking to add an LED light strip behind the topper.

I’m working on this now. I should have parts in this week to make a mock-up. I’ll get a kit posted to the API store soon.

1 month later
#4729 3 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

will we be seeing this listed in the shop soon?

Yes. I already completed an installation video. Parts are on order to make them.

FB7EFB81-439C-484B-A24D-48493F7C5101 (resized).jpegFB7EFB81-439C-484B-A24D-48493F7C5101 (resized).jpeg
#4730 3 years ago

For those that where looking for an extra Otto head to customize, we now have unpainted (and painted) heads posted on the API webstore: https://store.american-pinball.com/products/oktoberfest-otto-head-toy0012-00?variant=39269048025186

Screenshot 2021-03-17 144231 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-03-17 144231 (resized).png
1 week later
#4752 3 years ago

I made this video to help owners troubleshoot lock switches and show how shiny chrome balls can cause trough problems on games with magnets.

1 month later
#4772 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

My captive ball broke. Is there any “easy” way to replace it? It looks like I’ll need to go through quite a few layers in order to get in there.
Also, I am having issues with my coaster ramp opto. It registers with slight vibrations. I know how to fix it, but again…I can’t see a way to get in there and check it out.

The captive ball is held with a nylon nut under the playfield. Extracting the broken one should not be difficult, but you’ll need to remove parts to install the new one.

Start by pulling up on the Otto head. He’s just held with magnets.
From there remove the screws holding the bar molding, slide forward under the wireform. Same goes for the bar base.

From there, you can access fasteners to the plastic below. Take pics as you go for reference.

As for the opto. There’s two 1/4” head screws to remove. The coaster opto is plug H on the board just above it.

1A6FEA4F-7D85-4390-AA9D-95F516B63BBE (resized).jpeg1A6FEA4F-7D85-4390-AA9D-95F516B63BBE (resized).jpeg25B98C3F-FF64-444D-ACF6-7CC12BA88367 (resized).jpeg25B98C3F-FF64-444D-ACF6-7CC12BA88367 (resized).jpeg84C839CB-ADC8-41ED-8872-23991DB42DFE (resized).jpeg84C839CB-ADC8-41ED-8872-23991DB42DFE (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#4794 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

One issue that has happened in a few games is that a ball keep getting stuck on the right roll-over switch on the way out of the pop bumpers. Any ideas?

Also has anyone set up lights for the topper yet? I'd love to get that lit up!

For the rollover: review the wire that actuates the micro switch. With a switch adjustment tool, you can gently bend this down some more so the wire requires less push from the ball to actuate the switch.

Topper lighting: we have the parts for kits; just need to assemble and get them listed on the API store.

1 week later
#4805 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What is the coil stop fix I saw a few posts about? Can I get that from AP?

It's a longer coil stop that reduces the flipper bat travel and makes the barrel shot easier.
https://store.american-pinball.com/products/coil-stop-oktoberfest
Regardless if you have an original coil stop or extended, you'll need to practice the shot. I recommend placing the ball in the right orbit and shooting the shot several times. If you hit it square, the ball should have plenty of power to get up there. You can adjust the coil strength setting up a little if a clean shot doesn't get all the way up. Remember, 6 degree pitch is recommended.

To find out which coil stop you have, hold the right flipper button and review the tip of the flipper in relation to the playfield art. If the flipper tip is on the woman's head, you have the extended coil stop already installed. If it's above her head, you have the original coil stop.
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).pngOkt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png

4 months later
4 weeks later
#4897 2 years ago

Need a couple things you've had your eye on? Topper light perhaps

BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).pngBLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brenna98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=brenna98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.